Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 03-20-2020, 9:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessestott View Post
Thanks. I just received an email from them as well. Same here. I am glad they are keeping the process alive throughout this time.
So they say initial applicants already in system will receive permits in mail upon approval but then they go on to say, “actual issuance” of permit will require in person contact. What in the world does this mean? I’ve completed all steps and currently am waiting for final approval to pick up. Is my permit going to be mailed in or will I have to wait for a call to pick up. Any input is appreciated,Thanks in advanced.
Old 03-20-2020, 5:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I was notified today all CCW interviews postponed 2weeks and process as a whole is on hold and to be ready with all necessary paperwork and certificates when it resumes.
Old 03-20-2020, 5:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfalcon217 View Post
I was notified today all CCW interviews postponed 2weeks and process as a whole is on hold and to be ready with all necessary paperwork and certificates when it resumes.
Thanks Brother.
Old 03-20-2020, 5:53 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMan57 View Post
Thanks Brother.
You got it!

CnP
“ Due to the current health crisis and the Governor's order - all CCW interviews have been postponed for a minimum of two weeks. ALL APPOINTMENTS ARE CANCELLED AS OF NOW.

As soon as I hear something I will contact you...In the interim, If you wish to get your Live Scan and range work done - You can download the required forms online from myccw.us. Murrieta PD has closed it's lobby to the public and is not doing Live Scans until this crisis has passed. You can use another vendor - just hang on to your form as that is your receipt and the only means I'll have to track down your Live Scan if it gets missplaced in the system. Live Scans come directily to me range certificates will need to be emailed to me at
PLEASE FURNISH (TEXT) ME WITH THE DATES YOU SCHEDULE EACH OF THE ABOVE AND THE DATE YOU COMPLETE IT ALSO.

In order to expedite the process when it starts back up, you can also use this time to insure that ALL of your references have submitted their reference letters - this is a major hold up in the process. You can also insure that all the required documents (color copy of CDL, birth certificate, 2 proof of residency with in your city, DD214 if applicable and if active duty a color copy of your military ID) have been uploaded to the website.
PLEASE NOTIFY ME WHEN YOU HAVE COMPLETED ALL OF THIS SO i'M NOT SURCHING YOUR FILE SEVERAL TIMES IN AN EFFORT TO FIND EVERYTING..

I appologize for any inconvienence this may cause you.”
Old 03-20-2020, 5:56 PM

Quote:
You got it!

CnP
“ Due to the current health crisis and the Governor's order - all CCW interviews have been postponed for a minimum of two weeks. ALL APPOINTMENTS ARE CANCELLED AS OF NOW.

As soon as I hear something I will contact you...In the interim, If you wish to get your Live Scan and range work done - You can download the required forms online from myccw.us. Murrieta PD has closed it's lobby to the public and is not doing Live Scans until this crisis has passed. You can use another vendor - just hang on to your form as that is your receipt and the only means I'll have to track down your Live Scan if it gets missplaced in the system. Live Scans come directily to me range certificates will need to be emailed to me at
PLEASE FURNISH (TEXT) ME WITH THE DATES YOU SCHEDULE EACH OF THE ABOVE AND THE DATE YOU COMPLETE IT ALSO.

In order to expedite the process when it starts back up, you can also use this time to insure that ALL of your references have submitted their reference letters - this is a major hold up in the process. You can also insure that all the required documents (color copy of CDL, birth certificate, 2 proof of residency with in your city, DD214 if applicable and if active duty a color copy of your military ID) have been uploaded to the website.
PLEASE NOTIFY ME WHEN YOU HAVE COMPLETED ALL OF THIS SO i'M NOT SURCHING YOUR FILE SEVERAL TIMES IN AN EFFORT TO FIND EVERYTING..

I appologize for any inconvienence this may cause you.”
Is this for through the city of Murrieta or with RSO?
Old 03-20-2020, 5:59 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMan57 View Post
Is this for through the city of Murrieta or with RSO?
This is through Murrieta PD and I believe most people here are going through RSO so individual cases may vary. My BI did tell me that county has also ceased all open requests till this passes.

CnP
“ Haven’t heard anything about phone interviews. We spoke with Sherrif’s CCW Unit and were told that they’re shutting down. Everything changing by the minute. ”
Old 03-20-2020, 6:03 PM

Quote:
This is through Murrieta PD and I believe most people here are going through RSO so individual cases may vary. My BI did tell me that county has also ceased all open requests till this passes.

CnP
“ Haven’t heard anything about phone interviews. We spoke with Sherrif’s CCW Unit and were told that they’re shutting down. Everything changing by the minute. ”
Ok thanks.
Old 03-20-2020, 7:01 PM

This is what was emailed to me from the RSO ccw
Effective immediately, all access to sheriff’s facilities, our lobbies/waiting rooms will be closed to the public, this includes all sheriff’s live scan facilities in an attempt to limit the potential of our employees being exposed to the C19-virus.

All in person background interviews will be done on the telephone. Please be available for our telephone call during the date/time you were scheduled to meet with the CCW Unit. If we are unable to contact you, unfortunately this will delay your process.

After the telephone interview is completed, we will mail a live scan form upon request only. Until we resume those services, private institutions may have those services still available.

Our CCW training and range qualifications are cancelled during this period. If desired, there are 17 vendors for these services listed on our website.

For those initial applicants who already have a digital photo and a digital fingerprint in our new system, will be mailed their permit upon approval. Actual issuance of the permit will require in-person contact and will be very limited during this time period. Please don’t show up to our facility, we will let you know with a personal phone call.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you in advance for your understanding.

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL.
Old 03-20-2020, 9:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmcc View Post
This is what was emailed to me from the RSO ccw
Effective immediately, all access to sheriff’s facilities, our lobbies/waiting rooms will be closed to the public, this includes all sheriff’s live scan facilities in an attempt to limit the potential of our employees being exposed to the C19-virus.

All in person background interviews will be done on the telephone. Please be available for our telephone call during the date/time you were scheduled to meet with the CCW Unit. If we are unable to contact you, unfortunately this will delay your process.

After the telephone interview is completed, we will mail a live scan form upon request only. Until we resume those services, private institutions may have those services still available.

Our CCW training and range qualifications are cancelled during this period. If desired, there are 17 vendors for these services listed on our website.

For those initial applicants who already have a digital photo and a digital fingerprint in our new system, will be mailed their permit upon approval. Actual issuance of the permit will require in-person contact and will be very limited during this time period. Please don’t show up to our facility, we will let you know with a personal phone call.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you in advance for your understanding.

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL.
Joshmcc- When is your interview set up for? Mine is on 4/1.
Old 03-20-2020, 9:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessestott View Post
Joshmcc- When is your interview set up for? Mine is on 4/1.

Mine is 4/2 and I didn’t even get this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2020, 9:17 PM

Hey guys, I keep getting conflicting information about this topic. Are we allowed to add off roster CCW?
Old 03-21-2020, 1:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alx_cee137 View Post
Hey guys, I keep getting conflicting information about this topic. Are we allowed to add off roster CCW?
Yes, I have a firearm on my permit which is off roster.
Old 03-21-2020, 2:58 AM

cite your source about conflicting off roster? yes you can have off roster on ccw. if
someone doesn’t have a ccw, they don’t know the rules.
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/3o7WTCBePyp2GCamIM" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/scared-donald-trump-bernie-sanders-3o7WTCBePyp2GCamIM">via GIPHY</a></p>
Old 03-21-2020, 3:16 AM

How are renewals working since you wouldn’t be in their digital system already? Are Live Scans required again?

Sheriff’s interview can be done by phone. Check. Are any other approved ranges still open for testing? How is renewal timing affected by reduced operation hours everywhere? I doubt three months will be enough time now. I renew in December.

No, I don’t trust this will be over. Have lawsuits been filed yet?
Old 03-21-2020, 8:42 AM

Quote:
Roster has nothing to do with possessing weapons, or being on a CCW.
Old 03-21-2020, 8:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHCA View Post
How are renewals working since you wouldn’t be in their digital system already? Are Live Scans required again?

Sheriff’s interview can be done by phone. Check. Are any other approved ranges still open for testing? How is renewal timing affected by reduced operation hours everywhere? I doubt three months will be enough time now. I renew in December.

No, I don’t trust this will be over. Have lawsuits been filed yet?
Have lawsuits been filed yet?? Well, have you filed one, or are you expecting someone else to do everything for you???
Old 03-21-2020, 7:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911.45_4Me View Post
Is there anyway to add information to your "Good Cause" statement after you have submitted the packet?

Thanks
I asked the same thing to investigator when I did my CCW. He told me to just write it out and upload it via the website. So do it in a word document or whatever you use and then upload it like you do with your utility bills.
Old 03-21-2020, 7:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casaro1 View Post
I asked the same thing to investigator when I did my CCW. He told me to just write it out and upload it via the website. So do it in a word document or whatever you use and then upload it like you do with your utility bills.
Yes, Thats what i did. Thanks
Old 03-23-2020, 11:13 AM

Default CCW Modification

I submitted an online application to RSO with everything required for modifying an existing permit to add a weapon. I'm told it will be about two weeks. It will be interesting to see if they mail the new permit or if the process is completely postponed.

Does anyone know for sure about CCW Modifications, is it postponed?
Old 03-23-2020, 11:44 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

When I modified my permit I was issued a new permit had to get new photo with new permit #
Old 03-23-2020, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmblaster View Post
When I modified my permit I was issued a new permit had to get new photo with new permit #
Riverside Sheriff? How long ago?
Old 03-23-2020, 5:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopper View Post
Riverside Sheriff? How long ago?
April 2019. yes Riverside Sheriff
Old 03-24-2020, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwild909 View Post

My interview is on 3/31 and i think the reason i received this email is because i emailed them asking about it. I will let you know next Tuesday if this is how it went.
Old 03-24-2020, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmblaster View Post
Same for me as well, this was maybe 2-3 months ago. Had to go in and get everything done in person.

www.theshootersblog.com
Old 03-24-2020, 8:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doe5ia14 View Post
Yes, I have a firearm on my permit which is off roster.
Me as well, Gen5 G19, they just took the serial down. I did my qual with R2B

www.theshootersblog.com
Old 03-25-2020, 6:09 PM

Looking for a pro tip on possibly getting a earlier interview date.

If you have a scheduled interview date/time, will you lose that date/time if you click on the "reschedule" button in the order tracker?

Thanks in advance!
And they said, "Lord, behold, here are two Glocks."
And He said unto them, "Meh, it's a good start."

Luke 22:36-38 (somewhat paraphrased)
Old 03-25-2020, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMCJ-3 View Post
Looking for a pro tip on possibly getting a earlier interview date.

If you have a scheduled interview date/time, will you lose that date/time if you click on the "reschedule" button in the order tracker?

Thanks in advance!
No, you get to poke around at available appointments without giving yours up. There's a confirmation screen you'd have to go through with....

Trust me I have tried to find an earlier appointment
Old 03-25-2020, 6:46 PM

10-4, thank you!
Old 03-26-2020, 1:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMCJ-3 View Post
10-4, thank you!
If you want to get your interview moved up, you need to check every day or a few times a day. Someone in here posted about it before and I took his advise. I didn’t see any changes for days, then one day I started to see a few open spots. The first available appointment they had when I applied was 4/30. I was able to check every day or a few times a days and move up from 4/30 to 4/20 to 4/9 and now on 4/1. It’s possible but you have to check it a lot.

Last edited by Jessestott; 03-26-2020 at 1:39 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-26-2020, 1:47 PM

Hey guys are they allowing us to amend permits at this time? I keep getting conflicting info from one of the vendors and from some of the deputies at work. I would just need to qualify and submit paper work.
Old 03-27-2020, 5:14 AM

Quote:
Hey guys are they allowing us to amend permits at this time? I keep getting conflicting info from one of the vendors and from some of the deputies at work. I would just need to qualify and submit paper work.
With all the "conflicting info" you keep mentioning in your posts, I highly recommend communicating directly with the CCW Unit. I have had zero issues with them replying to any of my emails. They usually respond to me within 1-2 days. Keep your question(s) short and to the point.
Old 03-27-2020, 8:56 AM

I submitted a modification two weeks ago. I followed up yesterday by email and got the following response.

Hello, once the restrictions are lifted due to the recent events C19 Virus your modification application will be processed and you will be contacted.

Once the modification to your permit has been approved you will be given days & times to pick-it up.

The Ben Clark Training Center, CCW OFFICE, is currently closed to the public due to the recent restrictions set in place by the government.

So the takeaway is they are working but the process has slowed somewhat.
Old 03-27-2020, 9:57 AM

Hey guys,

I seen some posts where interviews will be done over the phone due to the COVID-19 crisis. My appointment is on 4/6 but I still haven’t received any updates regarding a telephone interview. Has anyone gone through the process of doing this interview via telephone?

Old 03-27-2020, 12:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Now that I have some free time, I’m thinking it might be a good time to start pursuing my CCW. Which page should I start reading?

Or do you just hate her so much you can't let go?
Old 03-27-2020, 2:47 PM

Quote:

Has anyone contacted you or have you gotten any updates for how this telephone interview process works? My in person interview was set for 4/6. I haven’t received any emails on updates about this new procedure either.

Old 03-27-2020, 3:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrewster View Post
Has anyone contacted you or have you gotten any updates for how this telephone interview process works? My in person interview was set for 4/6. I haven’t received any emails on updates about this new procedure either.

They haven’t, they just said to be ready for the phone call at the same time my interview is scheduled. I think someone has there’s a day or two before mine and they said they would let me know how it went.

Old 03-27-2020, 3:48 PM

Quote:
They haven’t, they just said to be ready for the phone call at the same time my interview is scheduled. I think someone has there’s a day or two before mine and they said they would let me know how it went.

Alright thanks. Keep us updated and good luck!

Old 03-27-2020, 3:58 PM

Quote:

Have you already been assigned an investigator? I’m unsure if we speak with the investigator before the actual interview. How does all that work?

Old 03-27-2020, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrewster View Post
Have you already been assigned an investigator? I’m unsure if we speak with the investigator before the actual interview. How does all that work?

I haven’t. I imagine that gets assigned a day or two before our interview.

Old 03-27-2020, 4:56 PM

Quote:
I haven’t. I imagine that gets assigned a day or two before our interview.

I have mine on 4/1. I think someone has theirs on 3/31 and they said they will update us on how it goes. If not, I will let everyone know how it goes after my interview.