Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns Expatriates
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Expatriates For members who have left California but remain Calgunners

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-25-2020, 4:50 PM
rdtompki rdtompki is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Middleton, ID
Posts: 739
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default "Stay at Home" hits Idaho

21 days starting today and if you're >65 you're basically supposed to be in lockup (yeah, right). I've creatively interpreted our 2x/week range trips as essential services. On weekday mornings you're guaranteed to have no human contact in the hills north of Parma and I don't figure a felony stop to be all that likely. It's a bummer for the indoor ranges, etc.
__________________
Canyon County, ID
NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-25-2020, 5:06 PM
Fastattack's Avatar
Fastattack Fastattack is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North Central Arizona (formerly So Cal)
Posts: 869
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

The real question is: Will the gun stores stay open?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-25-2020, 5:08 PM
9Cal_OC's Avatar
9Cal_OC 9Cal_OC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Orange County
Posts: 972
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastattack View Post
The real question is: Will the gun stores stay open?
Yes. Donít see LEOs and state legislature deeming it ďnon-essentialĒ.
__________________
Freedom isn't free...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-25-2020, 5:08 PM
Howie44's Avatar
Howie44 Howie44 is offline
C3 Specialist
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Free America
Posts: 1,787
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastattack View Post
The real question is: Will the gun stores stay open?
Considered essential business here.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-26-2020, 7:03 AM
Rotnguns Rotnguns is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ada County, Idaho
Posts: 53
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
21 days starting today and if you're >65 you're basically supposed to be in lockup (yeah, right). I've creatively interpreted our 2x/week range trips as essential services. On weekday mornings you're guaranteed to have no human contact in the hills north of Parma and I don't figure a felony stop to be all that likely. It's a bummer for the indoor ranges, etc.
Hey, we've got about 1000 yards of separation on the long range at Parma!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-26-2020, 7:06 AM
Rotnguns Rotnguns is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ada County, Idaho
Posts: 53
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastattack View Post
The real question is: Will the gun stores stay open?
Inconceivable that even the most rabid antigun office holder in idaho would go there. Question is, what inventory is left? I read that independence indoor shooting was completely sold out of 9 mm handguns earlier this week.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-26-2020, 7:15 AM
Fastattack's Avatar
Fastattack Fastattack is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North Central Arizona (formerly So Cal)
Posts: 869
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie44 View Post
Considered essential business here.
Outstanding! Carry-on.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-27-2020, 6:41 AM
nitroxdiver's Avatar
nitroxdiver nitroxdiver is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Not in California
Posts: 4,932
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastattack View Post
The real question is: Will the gun stores stay open?


Yes.

Idaho code 46-1008 (7)


TITLE 46
MILITIA AND MILITARY AFFAIRS
CHAPTER 10
STATE DISASTER PREPAREDNESS ACT
46-1008. THE GOVERNOR AND DISASTER EMERGENCIES.

(7) During the continuance of any state of disaster emergency, neither the governor nor any agency of any governmental entity or political subdivision of the state shall impose restrictions on the lawful possession, transfer, sale, transport, storage, display or use of firearms or ammunition.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-27-2020, 6:43 AM
nitroxdiver's Avatar
nitroxdiver nitroxdiver is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Not in California
Posts: 4,932
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default "Stay at Home" hits Idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotnguns View Post
Hey, we've got about 1000 yards of separation on the long range at Parma!




Parma R&G and Nampa R&G both sent out an email requesting we bring no guests to the ranges at this time(family only). Also all events are cancelled. We are free to use our ranges as usual however during the stay at home order.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-27-2020, 1:39 PM
rdtompki rdtompki is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Middleton, ID
Posts: 739
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxdiver View Post


Parma R&G and Nampa R&G both sent out an email requesting we bring no guests to the ranges at this time(family only). Also all events are cancelled. We are free to use our ranges as usual however during the stay at home order.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get the Parma email not the similar one from Nampa. It's only my wife and myself, but we've given up stopping for coffee on the way to the range and it's killing me (figuratively speaking). We did stop at Cappuccino Cowgirls in Parma yesterday: not cheap, but outstanding and filling chicken salad sandwich and pretty good coffee. Hope they can last through the drought.
'
__________________
Canyon County, ID
NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-27-2020, 1:43 PM
edgerly779 edgerly779 is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: canoga park, ca
Posts: 14,103
iTrader: 94 / 100%
Default

Family is in Idaho Falls.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-27-2020, 2:23 PM
bombadillo bombadillo is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: central valley
Posts: 14,505
iTrader: 80 / 100%
Default

Going to hit the desert near Swan Falls tomorrow
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-27-2020, 5:12 PM
nitroxdiver's Avatar
nitroxdiver nitroxdiver is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Not in California
Posts: 4,932
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
Get the Parma email not the similar one from Nampa. It's only my wife and myself, but we've given up stopping for coffee on the way to the range and it's killing me (figuratively speaking). We did stop at Cappuccino Cowgirls in Parma yesterday: not cheap, but outstanding and filling chicken salad sandwich and pretty good coffee. Hope they can last through the drought.

'


Hit up Apple Lucyís for lunch sometime if you havenít.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-27-2020, 6:52 PM
bombadillo bombadillo is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: central valley
Posts: 14,505
iTrader: 80 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxdiver View Post
Hit up Apple Lucyís for lunch sometime if you havenít.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Good finger steaks I hear.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-27-2020, 7:41 PM
Fastattack's Avatar
Fastattack Fastattack is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North Central Arizona (formerly So Cal)
Posts: 869
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxdiver View Post
Yes.

Idaho code 46-1008 (7)


TITLE 46
MILITIA AND MILITARY AFFAIRS
CHAPTER 10
STATE DISASTER PREPAREDNESS ACT
46-1008. THE GOVERNOR AND DISASTER EMERGENCIES.

(7) During the continuance of any state of disaster emergency, neither the governor nor any agency of any governmental entity or political subdivision of the state shall impose restrictions on the lawful possession, transfer, sale, transport, storage, display or use of firearms or ammunition.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know I was being facetious while poking at LA Sheriff and Kali's dilemma.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-28-2020, 8:40 AM
nitroxdiver's Avatar
nitroxdiver nitroxdiver is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Not in California
Posts: 4,932
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastattack View Post
You know I was being facetious while poking at LA Sheriff and Kali's dilemma.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk


Iím sorry I didnít catch the sarcasm. I thought it was an actual concern. There were a lot of questions regarding this here by gun stores when the order first broke. Everyone understands now that by law, they cannot be ordered to close here in Idaho. Thought it might be useful or interesting info for some.

LAís sheriff is a buffoon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-28-2020, 8:40 AM
nitroxdiver's Avatar
nitroxdiver nitroxdiver is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Not in California
Posts: 4,932
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombadillo View Post
Good finger steaks I hear.


JalapeŮo burger!!!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-28-2020, 8:50 AM
Rotnguns Rotnguns is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ada County, Idaho
Posts: 53
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Good call on Apple Lucy's. After this is all over, try the pies there! It really crowds up at lunch.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-28-2020, 8:54 AM
nitroxdiver's Avatar
nitroxdiver nitroxdiver is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Not in California
Posts: 4,932
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotnguns View Post
Good call on Apple Lucy's. After this is all over, try the pies there! It really crowds up at lunch.


Sure does. I love the ranchers/farmers that come in for an afternoon cup of coffee and slice of pie. Iíve had some great convos in their while eating lunch.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-28-2020, 12:05 PM
rdtompki rdtompki is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Middleton, ID
Posts: 739
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Please stop with the food discussion!!! I'm not even going into Jackson's for coffee and my wife doesn't like to cook. Will try Apple Lucy's as soon as things open up although takeout is always a possibility. Appreciate the tip.
__________________
Canyon County, ID
NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-31-2020, 5:55 PM
-hanko's Avatar
-hanko -hanko is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bay Area & SW Idaho
Posts: 11,684
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombadillo View Post
Good finger steaks I hear.
Those I know who've grown up here will always say The Torch in Boise. They were fantastic imo, with the operative word "were"...No idea of what to order now and how it tastes.

BE VERY AWARE that for more than a few years, The Torch has changed it's menu to a definitely Rated-R+ place to meet so-called ladies and fry whatever credit cards you have. If you're more easily amused, be aware that Idaho law forbids genital exposure in a club. Based on Statesman stories, ISP and BPD definitely enforce the law.
__________________
True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

Tactical is like boobs...you can sell anything with it....arf

Heaven goes by favor.
If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:14 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2020, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.
Tactical Pants Tactical Boots Tactical Gear Military Boots 5.11 Tactical