Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > L.A. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2020, 2:30 PM

Default Where to get Glock and LWRC cleaned/serviced? I'm in Sherman Oaks.

I don't enjoy cleaning guns or "servicing" them, anyone know a shop or gunsmith that's affordable for cleaning them? I specifically have a Glock and LWRC Piston.
Old 03-18-2020, 1:25 PM
CGSSA Director, LA Chapter Leader, Captain: Calguns.net Shooting Team
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooler2442 View Post
I don't enjoy cleaning guns or "servicing" them, anyone know a shop or gunsmith that's affordable for cleaning them? I specifically have a Glock and LWRC Piston.
Are you just looking to have them cleaned, and / or function checked? Or, do you have a list of parts that you need to have replaced?

As for gun cleaning (although I think this is user level maintenance) LAX Firing Range in Inglewood provides cleaning services.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
Are you just looking to have them cleaned, and / or function checked? Or, do you have a list of parts that you need to have replaced?

As for gun cleaning (although I think this is user level maintenance) LAX Firing Range in Inglewood provides cleaning services.
Just cleaned/function checked. Nothing is wrong with any of them that I'm aware of.

I just don't like to do my own cleaning/maintenance.
Old 03-20-2020, 3:54 PM

Seriously OP. . .

This is for real? Not trolling here?

There is pretty much zero chance our OP is over thirty-five years old.

You're gonna' drive somewhere, and pay to have someone clean and function check your firearms?! You sir, IMHO, should probably not own firearms.

That OP, is a new level of sloth/millenial entitlement.

Beyond the obligatory; put on you big boy pants and clean up your own messes conversation, is that LDub a registered BBAW? If so, that's a big no-no. Actually, someone correct me if I'm wrong here, by CA law, leaving weapons registered to you elsewhere and out of your control is a big no-no.

Let me put this a more polite/different way OP. Why(?!) would you ever(!), quite literally, put your life in the hands of some $15/hr gun store employee by trusting them to clean & function check your firearms?

Last edited by sfarchitect; 03-20-2020 at 4:04 PM..
Old 03-20-2020, 4:13 PM

What this guy said ^
Old 03-25-2020, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooler2442 View Post
Out of curiosity, how long since it has been cleaned relative to the last time you went to the range and used it? I used to feel the same way about cleaning my own gun as you do, and I went to The Target Range in Van Nuys ( 16140 Cohasset St, Van Nuys, CA 91406 Phone: (818) 787-4373). At that time, for a fee (don't know what it might be today) they would clean your gun for you after you fired there. Since I wasn't cleaning it myself, I always felt vulnerable if I ever had a misfire while at the range. Not so bad at a range, but in a life or death situation, it is nicer to be self reliant. Since then I've come to enjoy the relatively small amount of time it takes to strip down my guns and clean them to my own satisfaction, and to be able to inspect it for wear changes since I last used it. I've even moved to the point where I have acquired some tools needed to make small basic repairs. Nothing feels better than being independent.
Old 03-25-2020, 2:11 PM

I’dost online, or drive to Vegas for this, my stepbrother sent me pics one time of a smoking hot chick cleaning his gun at a range in Vegas. Apparently after you shoot you can have a hot chick clean your gun. Lots of people out of work I’m betting some are gun loving sexy women.

I do my own cleaning but don’t enjoy it, if you’re willing to spend money having it done more power to you.

Red
Old 03-25-2020, 2:36 PM

OP has been smoking too much weed....gotten lazy, unmotivated....and no longer or groomed him/herself regularly.

Seriously, with COVID19 shelter-in-place you have plenty of time to clean your firearms.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2020, 2:12 AM
CGSSA Leader

Cleaning provides a essential role in getting to know how your firearm works and how it's assembled. If you don't know already how to fields strip the damn thing what going to happen if you ever have a malfunction? You need to know how to clear it. Most handguns and most rifles disassemble into about 4 parts. you should know how it is done.
Old 03-27-2020, 2:52 AM
CGSSA Leader

Cleaning provides a essential role in getting to know how your firearm works and how it's assembled. If you don't know already how to fields strip the damn thing what going to happen if you ever have a malfunction? You need to know how to clear it. Most handguns and most rifles disassemble into about 4 parts. you should know how it is done.
Old 03-27-2020, 2:54 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Try the Target range in Van Nuys.
Old 03-27-2020, 3:43 AM
Veteran Member

Don’t bother. As soon as this virus business is over, just sell your weapons to somebody willing to clean them.

You have given everybody that resides or formerly resided in Sherman Oaks a bad name and Sherman Oaks doesn’t need any more help with that.
Old 03-27-2020, 6:27 AM
Calguns Addict

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarchitect View Post
Seriously OP. . .

This is for real? Not trolling here?

You're gonna' drive somewhere, and pay to have someone clean and function check your firearms?! You sir, IMHO, should probably not own firearms.

Beyond the obligatory; put on you big boy pants and clean up your own messes conversation, is that LDub a registered BBAW? If so, that's a big no-no. Actually, someone correct me if I'm wrong here, by CA law, leaving weapons registered to you elsewhere and out of your control is a big no-no.

Let me put this a more polite/different way OP. Why(?!) would you ever(!), quite literally, put your life in the hands of some $15/hr gun store employee by trusting them to clean & function check your firearms?

I have SFArchitect on my BLOCKED list... and I STILL hafta agree with him on ALL this!

Old 03-27-2020, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarchitect View Post
Seriously OP. . .

I think the OP above is close.

My guess, a spoiled, rich kid, from a divorced family, who probably drives a BMW, that daddy bought and pays for the maintenance. He’s never had to work or earn anything in his life.

Mummy gave him her credit card to use to buy the weapons, as she didn’t care what his newest hobby was about.

He probably lives in a house with a maid, cook, and other domestic help.

We all know the type.
“Unless a law-abiding individual has a firearm for his or her own defense, the police typically arrive after it is too late. With rigor mortis setting in, they mark and bag the evidence, interview bystanders, and draw a chalk outline on the ground. But the victim, nevertheless, is dead, or raped, or robbed, or traumatized.” ......
“The Second Amendment does not exist to protect the right to bear down pillows and foam baseball bats.”
—————————————————-
The Honorable Roger T. Benitez