Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns For the private sale of rifles, shotguns and other long guns. Read the rules before posting.

Old 12-24-2016, 7:16 PM
Head Janitor

Default SELLING SEMI-AUTO RIFLES AFTER 12/21/16

December 21st was the last day to DROS a semi-automatic rifle with a Bullet Button, Raddlock or similar magazine locking device which means it was also the last day to sell a semi-automatic rifle with ‘Features’.

If you are trying to sell a semi-automatic rifle that has; a pistol grip, folding or collapsible stock, a flash hider and/or a magazine lock it is too late to sell it in that configuration.
You must replace the flash hider with a muzzle brake or thread protector, replace the folding or collapsible stock with a fixed stock or modify it to prevent folding or collapsing and modify the grip to prevent wrapping your thumb around the pistol grip with something like the Monsterman Grip, the Exile Machine Backfin, fingrips.co or Solar tactical grip wraps. You can also replace the pistol grip with handles like the Exile machine Hammerhead grip or a stock like the Thorsden FRS-15.

Rifles in the ‘featureless’ configuration can still be bought and sold as can stripped lower receivers.

Stripped lower receivers must be built in to a ‘featureless’ configuration, ‘featureless’ rifles must stay in that configuration.

These laws are complete and utter bullcrap, there’s no other way to say it. It is our belief that they are unconstitutional, illegal and should be declared invalid. We will continue to fight to oppose and overturn these bad laws but until we do, and we will, we are obligated to comply with them in the Marketplace.

It is YOUR choice whether to comply with them or not and we cannot and will not be responsible for what you choose to do with a rifle you purchase from another member. To offer for sale, trade or purchase here rifles must be in legal configurations. After that it’s up to you to decide whether you will comply with these laws or not.

I have never claimed to be either an attorney or an expert so I will leave this thread open for comment for a while in case I have missed anything or misstated anything.
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.

Last edited by Librarian; 09-21-2018 at 6:17 PM..
Old 12-24-2016, 7:31 PM
Banned

Rifles with evil features can be legally sold and transferred IF the 10 round Magazine is permanently attached.
Old 12-24-2016, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman19 View Post
Rifles with evil features can be legally sold and transferred IF the 10 round Magazine is permanently attached.
Right, but the caveat is that a traditional bullet button is no longer good enough to be considered permanently attached. If I remember correctly they want you to have to break open the action to remove the magazine. The new bullet buttons require you to pull the rear takedown pin to drop the magazine.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 12-25-2016, 12:12 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Patriot Mag Release
https://youtu.be/-fdV96d91LI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-25-2016, 3:06 PM

Another solution coming soon.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=6k1Grb8o9nM
Old 12-25-2016, 3:13 PM
✰ Sometimes I Fly Armed
CGN Contributor

Location: This information has been redacted in accordance with Title 18 U.S. Code ยง 798

I'm practically shilling for Franklin Armory, but the DFM magazine is a another valid way to replace the bullet button on you AR and avoid registration.

https://www.franklinarmory.com/produ...y-10-round-dfm

They are a Calguns vendor, NorCal based gun business, and have been helping to actively push back - as a manufacturer - against the CA DOJ.

ZKatEfBKQE0

-------
Old 12-25-2016, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCRebote78 View Post
Optional only if you remove all "evil" features (featurless).
Otherwise, you need to register prior to 1-11-18 or find yourself becoming a felon :/
Besides featureless, use a Franklin Armory DFM mag or something similar to the DFM fixed mag (that does not involve the use of the bullet button).

There are your two options in order to legally not register your rifles as AWs with the State. (Then we wait and see which which they confiscate first, the registered AWs or the nonregistered semi-auto centerfire rifles, or do they go after them all at once )

But we are ALL waiting on the final language from the DOJ, anything else posted as a solution is simply a gimmick at this point.

Click on this link to visit the BLK RFL DIV online store. BRD is a 2A dedicated clothing brand.

Old 12-29-2016, 7:19 AM

Does this apply to rimfire as well?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2016, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theme57 View Post
Does this apply to rimfire as well?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
No, centerfire only.
Old 12-29-2016, 7:18 PM

this thread is about rifles, but for further clarity... rimfire pistols are included. Any handgun or rifle that required a bullet button to be purchased last year (PPT, most are not allowed as new purchases due to "safe handgun" list). I have a ruger charger pistol, and it will need to be a registered assault weapon next year.

you know....

because millions of banks are robbed each year buy crazy men with 22LR "assult weapons".......

Last edited by Maximus924; 12-29-2016 at 7:21 PM..
Old 12-29-2016, 9:01 PM

Tagged...

Winning isn't everything... It's the only thing! - Vince Lombardi
Old 01-02-2017, 6:55 PM
Banned

Correct me if I'm wrong, but one other "evil" feature in addition to the pistol grip, is a vertical foregrip under the barrel, correct?
Old 01-03-2017, 1:51 AM

Featureless AR rifles will be sold in 2017. An honest gun store clerk should have told you this. If they sold you the AR saying it would not be available next year they were lying. Their only means to an non guilty conscious is if they claim that during their sales pitch of last year they meant that AR rifles in their current form won't be sold in 2017
Old 01-14-2017, 6:15 AM
retired Goon

Default SELLING SEMI-AUTO RIFLES AFTER 12/31/16

Since semi-auto centerfire rifles with "bullet button" style maglocks (and "features") are now considered assault weapons [PC 30515(b)], starting 01-01-2017, it is illegal (felony) to advertise them for sale while in CA. [PC 30600(a)]

Therefore, in order to not have your WTS ad deleted...

If you are posting a WTS ad for a semi-auto centerfire rifle, in the ad you must indicate if it is configured as a featureless semi-auto centerfire rifle or a semi-auto centerfire rifle with a fixed 10 round magazine or being sold as a manually operated rifle or being sold as disassembled parts.
^If selling as a fixed magazine, must indicate how it is "fixed".
~Examples... "10 round magazine fixed via ARMagLock", or "Franklin Armory DFM installed" or "10 round magazine welded in place".

If posting pics, use pictures that show it in compliance with the 2017 laws.
^No assault weapon pics. (this includes it with "bullet button" installed)

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Last edited by Librarian; 09-21-2018 at 6:21 PM..
Old 02-01-2017, 12:12 AM

My understanding, and please correct me if I am wrong. Is that if a dealer has a "Dangerous Weapons Lisence," they can legally purchase these weapons from citizens of kalifornia. So if that is correct, (and that is a question, from the best of my understanding,) can they be advertised on here as for sale only to "L.E.O.", Dealer's holding the above lisence, or not for California sales? Please advise. Thank you
Old 02-01-2017, 10:49 PM
retired Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoguns View Post
My understanding, and please correct me if I am wrong. Is that if a dealer has a "Dangerous Weapons Lisence," they can legally purchase these weapons from citizens of kalifornia. So if that is correct, (and that is a question, from the best of my understanding,) can they be advertised on here as for sale only to "L.E.O.", Dealer's holding the above lisence, or not for California sales? Please advise. Thank you
No.

Because there is no exemption for advertising it for sale to exempt persons only.

From 01-01-2017 to 12-31-2017, an exemption is in effective for possessing an assault weapon that was legally owned from 2001-2016. [PC 30680]
This exemption is for possession only.

It does not grant an exemption for importing, making, transporting, advertising for sale, or transferring (buy/sell/gift/loan/receive/etc).

If you want to legally advertise it for sale and transfer it, it must be configured so that it is no longer considered an assault weapon.

While in CA, advertising it for sale while it is configured as an assault weapon is a felony. [PC 30600(a)]

Penal Code 30600
(a) Any person who, within this state, manufactures or causes to be manufactured, distributes, transports, or imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives or lends any assault weapon or any .50 BMG rifle, except as provided by this chapter, is guilty of a felony, and upon conviction shall be punished by imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h) of Section 1170 for four, six, or eight years.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Last edited by Quiet; 02-01-2017 at 10:55 PM..
Old 03-06-2017, 1:01 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Selling my "Assault Rifels?"

I now have several rifles that appear to be "Assault Weapons" in California.

I want to sell some of them. What are my options?

* Can I simply sell them someway?
* Can I remove the offending features and then sell them?
* Can I sell them out of state?
* Can I disassemble them and sell them as parts kits?

Other ideas or suggestions?

I just want to stay safe and legal in the PRC (People's Republic of California).

Paul
Old 03-06-2017, 2:52 PM
Banned

Take to Vegas and sell it.
Old 03-11-2017, 5:51 AM

I would rather sell them, than go featureless.

This is my favorite option:

https://youtu.be/h69CU84eDl4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2017, 2:06 PM

Default Desire to sell

I am now in the same boat as pbsellers.

I would like to sell my rifle. Are the options pbsellers mentioned reasonable? I like especially the idea of disassembling the rifle and selling it that way.

Gunnery Sergeant suggested to transport the gun out of state and sell it, is that an option?

Thanks.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:38 PM
retired Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbuckner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbsellers View Post
I now have several rifles that appear to be "Assault Weapons" in California.

I want to sell some of them. What are my options?

* Can I simply sell them someway?
* Can I remove the offending features and then sell them?
* Can I sell them out of state?
* Can I disassemble them and sell them as parts kits?

Other ideas or suggestions?

I just want to stay safe and legal in the PRC (People's Republic of California).

Paul
I am now in the same boat as pbsellers.

I would like to sell my rifle. Are the options pbsellers mentioned reasonable? I like especially the idea of disassembling the rifle and selling it that way.

Gunnery Sergeant suggested to transport the gun out of state and sell it, is that an option?

Thanks.
READ POST #14 in this thread.

Old 05-09-2017, 1:59 PM

I was just told by a salesman at sierra arms in Modesto besides configuring into featureless you can also just remove the bullet button all together to sell the rifle. Another words no magazine catch at all. Then the new owner can do with as he or she pleases when they pick up their rifle. Just relaying what he told me. If this is wrong or bad info then correct us and I apologize.
Old 05-09-2017, 2:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan.nb View Post
I was just told by a salesman at sierra arms in Modesto besides configuring into featureless you can also just remove the bullet button all together to sell the rifle. Another words no magazine catch at all. Then the new owner can do with as he or she pleases when they pick up their rifle. Just relaying what he told me. If this is wrong or bad info then correct us and I apologize.
Most cases this would be a "broken" AW. It still has all the features. I would say most FFLs won't transfer like that.
I know your ban hammer is cold hammer forged and chrome lined, im not messin with it!
Old 06-21-2017, 8:06 AM

I was told we can sell our "evil featured" rifles as long as they are equipped with a magazine locking device. If purchased before Jan, 2017 Requiring taking apart the rifle in order to release the magazine. Correct? Can we sell that? I have a fully featured ar15 with a magazine lock. Not bullet button i would like to post.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:02 PM
retired Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by audacitybrand View Post
I was told we can sell our "evil featured" rifles as long as they are equipped with a magazine locking device. If purchased before Jan, 2017 Requiring taking apart the rifle in order to release the magazine. Correct? Can we sell that? I have a fully featured ar15 with a magazine lock. Not bullet button i would like to post.
Read Post #14.

Old 08-06-2017, 5:38 PM
retired Goon

Because of the CA DOJ assault weapons regulations being finalized on 07-31-2017...

Change #1
Semi-auto shotguns with a "bullet button" magazine lock are no longer CA legal to advertise for sale or transfer.

In order to legally advertise it for sale or transfer a semi-auto shotgun with a "bullet button" magazine lock, the firearm must be configured and advertised as one of the following:
A. Disassembled parts.
^Firearm is disassembled and the receiver is transferred.
B. Manually operated shotgun.
^The gas piston/tube is removed and the gas block is plugged.
C. Semi-auto shotgun with a fixed magazine.
^A 10 or less round magazine is welded/epoxied/riveted into the firearm's magazine well.

Change #2
Overall length is now measured with the firearm in the shortest possible firing configuration (stock folded/collapsed) and the muzzle device removed.

In order for the muzzle device to be added to the overall length, the muzzle device mut be permanently attached to the barrel.

Semi-auto centerfire rifles must have a minimum overall length of 30".

Old 03-12-2020, 7:14 AM

Anyone know an assault weapons dealer in the bay area or Sacramento who can purchase such weapons?
Old 11-25-2020, 9:36 AM

What is the minimum amount of goodies that must be attached to a lower to make it able to be sold and considered featureless?

For example, under the assumption that a stripped lower can't be sold as-is, would the presence of a finned grip and a fixed stock be enough (but no trigger group, other pins, no mag release, etc)?
Old 11-25-2020, 3:20 PM
retired Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip View Post
What is the minimum amount of goodies that must be attached to a lower to make it able to be sold and considered featureless?

For example, under the assumption that a stripped lower can't be sold as-is, would the presence of a finned grip and a fixed stock be enough (but no trigger group, other pins, no mag release, etc)?
A, stripped or complete, off-list receiver, by itself, is not considered a semi-auto firearm.

Which means it is CA legal to advertise for sale and transfer in CA.

Old 01-18-2021, 3:02 PM

Can I sell my rifle (used to be compliant) not now due to fin grip requirement to an out of state buyer here..if not I guess i just have to destroy it as the conversion is actually worth more than the rifle itself..suck
Old 01-18-2021, 6:26 PM

Thank you
Old 02-03-2021, 12:36 PM

Confirm for me guys that a Chinese SKS rifle that has had the bayonet removed is legal to sell
Old 02-03-2021, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin75 View Post
Confirm for me guys that a Chinese SKS rifle that has had the bayonet removed is legal to sell

You can keep the bayonet on there and sell it no problem fixed 10 round magazine feature list stock no muzzle device good to go

Dictated but not read, voice typing plus bad eyes equals typos

Voice typing will butcher whatever I was trying to say
Old 02-03-2021, 10:12 PM
retired Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin75 View Post
SKS with detachable magazines are considered assault weapons. [PC 30510(a)(11)]
Norinco SKS-D, Norinco SKS-M, Made in China MC-55D are make/model banned as assault weapons in CA. [PC 30710]

In order to be CA legal, a SKS type rifle must not be make/model banned and must have a fixed 10 or less round magazine.

There are also no CA laws/regulations that prohibits a bayonet or bayonet lug being installed on any type of firearm.

Which means a SKS type rifle can legally have a bayonet installed on it.

Therefore...

As long as the Chinese SKS is not make/model banned and it has a fixed 10 or less round magazine, then it is CA legal to advertise for sale and transfer in CA.

Last edited by Quiet; 02-03-2021 at 10:18 PM..
Old 02-06-2021, 12:13 PM

Default Selling my AR

So if I want to sell my AR I need to take the radlock off and put one of those ugly grip guards on the pistol grip part? Whats the policy on ammo sales these days? I have a bunch with my rifle I'm trying to part with. Any advice is helpful.
Old 11-13-2022, 8:40 PM

So, I can't sell a Semi-Auto rifle here, with "evil" features on it, even if its FIXED MAG with the juggernaut hellfighter kit?

I literally cannot sell a rifle on here that is LEGAL?
Old 11-14-2022, 1:15 AM

Default SELLING SEMI-AUTO RIFLES AFTER 12/21/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearitone View Post
So, I can't sell a Semi-Auto rifle here, with "evil" features on it, even if its FIXED MAG with the juggernaut hellfighter kit?

I literally cannot sell a rifle on here that is LEGAL?

Incorrect, if it has a device on it that meets the current California definition of a fixed magazine rifle then you are good to go

Voice typing will butcher whatever I was trying to say