Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 06-09-2019, 5:44 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Females & CCW

Hey all,

Just a general question for the females that CCW in CA or those with a wife/partner that CCW’s, what was your reason for pursuing a CCW? Not necessarily asking for your GC, but I’ve talked to my girlfriend about getting hers but she’s still on the fence about it. That’s why I wonder what some of the females here on CGs made you consider applying.

Any input would be interesting to hear. Thanks!

iTrader
Old 06-09-2019, 6:04 PM

I'm the wife. I am 5 ft tall. I may be small but will hold.my own. I got my ccw to help me hold my own. There will be times in my life where i will be utterly alone or potentially in a situation where no one can or will help me. I now have the tools to help me help myself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by Custom ii View Post
As a CCW holder, I don't need a gun. I have never needed a gun and I hope to never need a gun. And in all likelihood, the odds are I will never need a gun. That being said, should I ever need a gun, I had better have a gun and that's why I carry a gun and train as often as I can.
Old 06-09-2019, 6:19 PM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kombidude View Post
I'm the wife. I am 5 ft tall. I may be small but will hold.my own. I got my ccw to help me hold my own. There will be times in my life where i will be utterly alone or potentially in a situation where no one can or will help me. I now have the tools to help me help myself.
It's not going to get much better than that.
Old 06-09-2019, 6:27 PM

My Wife got her CA CCW (before we moved) because...
- CA releasing criminals early.
- More homeless.
- Homeless becoming bolder & more aggressive.
- More drugs, thus more users on the street.
Now we live in AZ and she's a Correctional Officer. She comes in contact with inmates after their released as we go about our daily lives. No need for license here. I have mine because I travel out of State.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2019, 7:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Be patient with the GF. And I'm not saying that you aren't being patient. But she shouldn't get her permit until you've had a very serious conversation with her about whether or not she feels CONFIDENT that she could take a human life if she had to.

The answer to this question needs to be a very secure and strong "yes." If she's in any way uncertain, carrying is just a liability...to her. This is not a decision that should be rushed. And it's not a decision for everyone.

Fighter Pilot
Old 06-09-2019, 7:37 PM
Calguns Addict

Seriously, my wife never really showed any interest in guns. She would shoot them when we camped in the desert or I took her and the kids to the range but that was about it.

One Week I was out of town on Business and my cell rang about 8 O'clock at night.

She was home with the kids and heard breaking glass downstairs.

I told her, "Remember the little 38 I taught you to shoot last month, It's in the bottom of your sock drawer and it's loaded."

"Before you can get it you need to promise me you will take a shooting class when I get back."

When I got back I signed her up for a beginning handgun class with a female instructor.

Fast Forward a few years. She has had her own CCW for 5 years, her own guns, has been to Front Sight 3 times and has taken several other train classes.

One of the best things you could do is allow her to talk to some of the other ladies on this forum. As you guessed their reasons are different from ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.

What doesn't kill me, better run
Old 06-09-2019, 7:50 PM

Didn't need a reason other than because I could.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain
Old 06-10-2019, 12:56 AM
retired Goon

Both of my friends' wives have CA permits and my friends (their husbands) are too lazy ("I'm going to do it next week") to apply for them.

Anyways, they both got them for self-defense.

One of them is a nurse at a CA state prison (afraid she will run into former inmates on the outside; she had been threaten by inmates) and the other is a pharmacist (afraid of getting robbed at work or leaving work; while going to/from work, she had been accosted by junkies & homeless outside of her work trying to get drugs).

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Last edited by Quiet; 06-10-2019 at 1:44 AM..
Old 06-10-2019, 1:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kombidude View Post

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I wish they are all like you. There would be a lot less female victims of violence in this world.