Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Old 07-11-2021, 6:01 PM
Cattle Thieves Pro Staff

Default Any experience with aliengear belly band?

This looks like a solution to carrying at the gym or otherwise wearing workout shorts. I have a BG380 which would be what I would using for these specific applications. I pocket carry 95% of the time but at the gym or with gym style shorts it's a bit heavy in the pocket.

Anyone use one of these yet and can provide actual feedback? I'm 5'-11", 195lbs

https://aliengearholsters.com/alien-...0nOnUOmMNeUn1M

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonte35 View Post
Disagree. Been trying to teach lewdogg21 how to hunt. It's like trying to teach Steve Wonder how to see. Not sure we're ever going to get there.

380, 9mm for sale (Sacramento area). See ad in ammo forum

300 WM lead free hunting rounds F/S
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1726082
Old 07-12-2021, 8:42 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I can't help you with any feedback, but thanks for posting this one.

I've been thinking about trying a belly band but I don't like the one size fits all holster aspect and I'm not fond of a big piece of Velcro where you have to hold and pull on both ends to put it on.

I like the looks of this belt for the fitted holster and the fact that the belt is pulled through a buckle. I think that would make putting it on much easier.
Old 07-14-2021, 4:15 PM

Heard great things about this:

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/prod...alment/enigma/

Every bellyband I have read up on has had a lot of mixed reviews. I have one myself even, but decided against it after it being really cumbersome in practice.
Old 07-14-2021, 4:44 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I don't have an Alien branded one, but I can say that they work well when wearing gym clothes or khaki shorts etc. The one thing is no matter how great a design if you're in a warm environment they are a bit sweaty. As well you really need to be proficient in your draw.

I eventually just went to another option and the belly band is hanging up. Fanny packs designed for CCW are another option but the same rule applies, practice, practice, practice.
Old 08-01-2021, 7:02 PM

I have a generic one off Amazon but I have ordered the one from alien as well and I’m still waiting almost 2 months.

The generic one so far has been great and is my preferred carry method
Old 08-02-2021, 10:18 AM
Cattle Thieves Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnparjr View Post
I have a generic one off Amazon but I have ordered the one from alien as well and Iím still waiting almost 2 months.

The generic one so far has been great and is my preferred carry method
Can you link to the amazon one?

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonte35 View Post
Disagree. Been trying to teach lewdogg21 how to hunt. It's like trying to teach Steve Wonder how to see. Not sure we're ever going to get there.

380, 9mm for sale (Sacramento area). See ad in ammo forum

300 WM lead free hunting rounds F/S
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1726082
Old 08-08-2021, 6:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdogg21 View Post
Can you link to the amazon one?

Thanks.
Here you go there are 3 sizes

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 08-08-2021, 6:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnparjr View Post
+1 reasonably priced, very comfortable for the gym and kickin by the pool plus when I broke a few ribs I was able to use it to stabilize them for a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
Old 08-11-2021, 3:46 PM

After 7 weeks my alien gear belly band is finally shipping. I hope I like it more than the generic one I bought from Amazon but we shall see
Old 08-11-2021, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdogg21 View Post
This looks like a solution to carrying at the gym or otherwise wearing workout shorts. I have a BG380 which would be what I would using for these specific applications. I pocket carry 95% of the time but at the gym or with gym style shorts it's a bit heavy in the pocket.

Anyone use one of these yet and can provide actual feedback? I'm 5'-11", 195lbs
[...]
I have one of these Alien Gear Sport Tuck belly bands and pair it with one of their Cloak Tuck holsters. I've had it almost two years; the whole rig-- belt, holster, mag pouches-- was around $85 in some Black Friday promo, IIRC.

This does permit me to carry with sweats or shorts that do not accommodate a belt/have a drawstring waist. For me, with my body geometry, it is not the most comfortable holster setup I have. While I have not tried it at the gym, I've been here and there with it, and on the pro side, I have not felt like I needed to constantly pull it up (because it has moved around or started to slip down). Cards on the table, I could lose some weight, so maybe that is part of the deal, but I find that sitting down with it isn't comfortable for any stretch of time without adjusting it, as I prefer to wear it so the top of the belly band is a bit higher than the waist of my sweats/shorts. Someone I know has one and uses it while walking/hiking and likes it very much, so YMMV. Holster choice is always highly personal, like bicycle saddles.

Quality seems to be decent, though the gauge of the steel used for the "buckle" is surprisingly thin, at least to me. However I have never had any problem with it bending. As you can see, this one has loops on the inside of the belt for the holster clips to engage. I probably could have used a different brand of hybrid holster, but they were doing a package deal, so I went with their holster.