Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 09-21-2018, 1:50 PM

Default Free 4 day Defensive Handgun Course from Front Sight...Legit?

Hi All,
My dad had received an email from Front Sight Firearms Training Institute offering a free 4 day defensive handgun course ($2000 value). Has anyone ever received this and is it legit? Is it a real class where the student will learn something or will they end up trying to sell you a timeshare? I am sure they will try to sell their range membership or training packages.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Front Sight Email 1.jpg (92.7 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Front Sight Email 2.jpg (57.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Front Sight Email 3.jpg (62.7 KB, 22 views)
Old 09-21-2018, 8:45 PM
Veteran Member

Frontsight member here. It is legit. They will try to sell a membership. You can pick up a life time membership for about $100-150 plus $100 transfer fee. The high pressure sales tactics suck from Front Sight. The training is great, well worth it. Attending a 4 day rifle next month and a 4 day handgun course in November. If you ask questions in the thread below you will get a ton of response.

There is a ton of info in this thread and especially on page one.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=518454
Old 09-22-2018, 4:16 AM

Default Just wanted to add

I'm a newer frontsight member and have been there half a dozen times for handgun, rifle, shotgun in the past two years and I was there just a little over a month ago. My experience is that while on site, I've never had anyone try to sell me an upgraded membership or even discuss membership. On site it has been all about training.

For me the sales pitch comes through email and pre-recorded phone calls. In the end its really not any different than the many other spam email messages or pre-recorded phone calls I get daily.