Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Services
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2014, 8:37 AM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

cool pattern Paul... and SWEET rifles!!!
Old 05-26-2014, 12:41 PM

You guys do awesome work, do you if I bring in a 80% lower can you cut it out to 100%?
Old 05-26-2014, 1:00 PM

Nice work!
Old 05-26-2014, 1:38 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainron84 View Post
You guys do awesome work, do you if I bring in a 80% lower can you cut it out to 100%?
they do Cerakoting, not mill or CNC work.
Old 05-27-2014, 6:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainron84 View Post

Oink oink!
Old 05-30-2014, 5:52 AM

Have you guys got your RAW permit yet.?
Old 06-19-2014, 1:42 AM

Sniper Grey, looks way better in person. I'll update a better picture. Thank you Paul.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2014, 7:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKings22 View Post
Sniper Grey, looks way better in person. I'll update a better picture. Thank you Paul.

Paul does it again!
Old 06-19-2014, 7:19 AM

Fresh off the OC Custom Coating workbench. The Cerakote is still wet.
This gun is still not complete. Charging handle, sights and bullet button are still missing. Paul will be installing a BCM Gunfighter charging handle, Raddlock BB and Magpul flip up sights. Paul will have it completed today for pickup! He shot me pics to wet my whistle. He will be finishing up an AR10 rifle for me in the next few weeks.

I'm about to get divorced and go broke. Too many guns to get Cerakoted???
Old 06-19-2014, 9:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsomonster View Post
Fresh off the OC Custom Coating workbench. The Cerakote is still wet.
This gun is still not complete. Charging handle, sights and bullet button are still missing. Paul will be installing a BCM Gunfighter charging handle, Raddlock BB and Magpul flip up sights. Paul will have it completed today for pickup! He shot me pics to wet my whistle. He will be finishing up an AR10 rifle for me in the next few weeks.

I'm about to get divorced and go broke. Too many guns to get Cerakoted???
That looks good. I should of never cerekoted, now I want to get 2 handguns and a rifle cerekoted.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:31 AM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKings22 View Post
That looks good. I should of never cerekoted, now I want to get 2 handguns and a rifle cerekoted.

no kidding! It's like an addiction... I have 4 coated with one (maybe two) getting ready...

I don't know if I love or hate Paul
Old 06-19-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
no kidding! It's like an addiction... I have 4 coated with one (maybe two) getting ready...

I don't know if I love or hate Paul

Damn you Paul! The possibilities are endless. Paul can make custom colors...

Spending the kids college fund...
Old 07-01-2014, 10:29 AM

Haha... I like the comments. Hopefully the coin lands on love for Paul rather than hate.

I know many people have been wanting to see us do Kryptek before moving forward with their projects. Here's the latest Kryptek design. Notice that we included a custom logo hidden within some of the hexagon shapes.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:35 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Custom Coating View Post
Haha... I like the comments. Hopefully the coin lands on love for Paul rather than hate.

I know many people have been wanting to see us do Kryptek before moving forward with their projects. Here's the latest Kryptek design. Notice that we included a custom logo hidden within some of the hexagon shapes.

God damn that's beautiful! I have to go rifle through (see what I did there) the safe and find something to get done!
Old 07-01-2014, 10:46 AM

Damn Brah! More choices???

That Kryptek design is Suhhhweeet!

What does my AR10 look like?
Old 07-01-2014, 10:48 AM

I might have to go Kryptek on the next project!

BTW, I have all the parts ready for the next one! Give me the "green light" and you can start that one too.

-Ron
Old 07-03-2014, 2:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychinaman View Post
Have you guys got your RAW permit yet.?
Old 07-26-2014, 10:10 AM

Default 2011 twins

Had Paul over at OC Custom do up my first 2011 builds. They came out so much better than I had expected. They look so much better than the pics show...

Old 07-26-2014, 12:16 PM
Made in the USA

^^^ very cool consultadrone!

they look great - but I know what you mean about looking better in person... it seems such a cliché, but pictures rarely do them justice... when they look good in photos, they look great in person.

Congrats on your new addiction
Old 07-28-2014, 6:14 AM

Paul and OC Custom Coating does it AGAIN!

Just got these done up by Paul. I second the FACT that pics do not do Paul's work any justice.

Maybe to "blingy" or ostentatious to some, but I like it. Judge for yourselves.

AR10

7.5" AR Pistol

Old 08-07-2014, 6:18 PM

Just got her back. Fantastic work and quick turn around.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:56 PM

Qn: Who does the disassembling for coating?
Old 08-08-2014, 5:15 AM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrky View Post
Qn: Who does the disassembling for coating?
Paul will disassemble / reassemble for a reasonable fee... Or you can bring in disassembled.

Or maybe I misunderstood your question... If you are asking who in the thread have disassembled prior to taking in, I've done both ways... Partial and complete disassembly, and have taken complete firearms
-------------------------------------

To the recent two posts of photos: looks awesome!

Last edited by LBDamned; 08-08-2014 at 5:18 AM..
Old 08-08-2014, 2:55 PM

Quote:
Paul will disassemble / reassemble for a reasonable fee... Or you can bring in disassembled.

Or maybe I misunderstood your question... If you are asking who in the thread have disassembled prior to taking in, I've done both ways... Partial and complete disassembly, and have taken complete firearms
-------------------------------------

To the recent two posts of photos: looks awesome!
Do you work for OC Customs?

Seems you're a customer but you chime in every chance you get. I understand that you're happy with their work and perhaps have answers to others questions, but since this is OC Customs thread in the vendor section, lets have them be responsible for all info posted regarding their business. You've obviously been through the process but some of the questions members want answers for, could go beyond what information you may know. We all want to be helpful when we can but lets let OCC thoroughly answer questions regarding their business.

I take it you're not here for the alcohol or the tobacco
Old 08-08-2014, 3:32 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE View Post

Seems you're a customer but you chime in every chance you get. I understand that you're happy with their work and perhaps have answers to others questions, but since this is OC Customs thread in the vendor section, lets have them be responsible for all info posted regarding their business. You've obviously been through the process but some of the questions members want answers for, could go beyond what information you may know. We all want to be helpful when we can but lets let OCC thoroughly answer questions regarding their business.
no, I don't work for OCC - just giving info to fellow enthusiasts (the way the forum works in general)... the responses I've given in the thread are not top secret stuff that only an OCC employee would be able to answer.

Paul doesn't spend a lot of time on the forum - but fellow members may want to get a project done - so I don't see why offering information that may help them would be a problem for you.

BTW, the info regarding dis-assembly is on OCC's website: http://occustomcoating.com/price-list - would you be more content with a stale response simply posting their link? After-all, I want to be sure I'm posting to your standards
Old 08-08-2014, 5:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE View Post

Hi Pre-emptive strike, this is Paul, the owner of OC Custom Coating. LBDammed is one of our clients who has been using our company for a long time. I think we have coated most, if not all, of his firearms at this point. He has a lot of experience in dealing with our company and our coatings (both at our CA shop and our WA shop) and we do appreciate his reviews and help toward other members. However, I can also understand your desire to hear some answers directly from our company.

If you or any other member have a question that you would like answered by my company I want to encourage you to contact me directly. Here are some ways you can reach me:
  • Bus ph: 714-202-7552 (we can receive text messages through this line so feel free to text us)
  • Email: info@occustomcoating.com or paul@occustomcoating.com
  • Send us a PM here on Calguns
  • Address: 711 W. Orangethorpe Ave., Placentia, CA 92870 (Located inside Ed’s Tactical Armory)
  • We are open: Tues-Fri 10am-7pm and Saturday 10am-6pm (Closed Sundays & Mondays)
    Come on in to our storefront during business hours and our friendly staff can help you (no appointment needed unless you want to meet with me personally)

The above methods of contact are our preferred means of receiving questions. I have asked, in my initial listing and in this thread along the way, that members would kindly refrain from asking us questions through this forum. We are a small shop focused on quality coatings and it is tough for us to keep up with all of the social media sites and forums along with the standard phone calls, emails, PMs, and walk in clients. We are simply trying to narrow the avenues of correspondence to better serve our customers.

I enjoy having this thread as a place for our clients to post their pictures of our work and to help other interested members with questions. Hopefully we can help you out in the future with some coatings or engravings.

Thank you for your interest and don't hesitate to contact me directly with any questions or comments.
Old 08-08-2014, 5:25 PM

Well said LBDamned. Paul has said himself that he wishes that he had more time for the forum. Paul is an awesome hardworking guy that does outstanding work with an incredible turnaround time. I'm sure Paul would be more than happy that the word is getting around about the quality and professionalism he works toward. All the guys at ED's tactical are great. I've had a few rifles worked on by Paul and I could not be happier. Keep spreading the word about a great resource to our community.
Old 08-08-2014, 6:27 PM

Stale response, what are you even talking about, you're response is certainly more stale than posting a link, again its not your business in the first place. So yes, the link would've been the most appropriate way for YOU to answer a question to someone else's business. Simply saying "Paul" doesn't say much, who the hell is Paul. Thats why I would've wanted an answer from OCC, if Paul comes on here and simply says "I do the disassembly/reassembly" without any assurance that he has a solid background in firearms, as well as his employees, then we'll have a better understanding who we're handing our toys over to. Those of us who have custom firearms built by reputable builder's may have to decide on whether this will suffice or go through the painstaking ordeal of shipping (risk lost, theft, damage) the firearm back to its original builder and waiting in line for another 6 months or more. I of course would much rather hand my toys to a local business doing the work and have them hand it right back to me to avoid the shipping, even if it took several months.

As I mentioned previously, of course we all want to be helpful, but posting a question to a businesses thread means its meant for a rep from that business, not an enthusiastic customer who monitors the thread and feels they have to respond every time somebody posts something. Their are times that several others may be interested in the answer too. If OCC is advertising on here then they should be able to answer questions for potential customers on here, just makes for good business practice.

That all being said, if you want to tell us about Paul's background/experience/credentials I'd be more than happy to hear it.

Old 08-08-2014, 7:23 PM

Quote:
Hi Pre-emptive strike, this is Paul, the owner of OC Custom Coating. LBDammed is one of our clients who has been using our company for a long time. I think we have coated most, if not all, of his firearms at this point. He has a lot of experience in dealing with our company and our coatings (both at our CA shop and our WA shop) and we do appreciate his reviews and help toward other members. However, I can also understand your desire to hear some answers directly from our company.

If you or any other member have a question that you would like answered by my company I want to encourage you to contact me directly. Here are some ways you can reach me:
  • Bus ph: 714-202-7552 (we can receive text messages through this line so feel free to text us)
  • Address: 711 W. Orangethorpe Ave., Placentia, CA 92870 (Located inside Ed’s Tactical Armory)
  • We are open: Tues-Fri 10am-7pm and Saturday 10am-6pm (Closed Sundays & Mondays)
    Come on in to our storefront during business hours and our friendly staff can help you (no appointment needed unless you want to meet with me personally)

The above methods of contact are our preferred means of receiving questions. I have asked, in my initial listing and in this thread along the way, that members would kindly refrain from asking us questions through this forum. We are a small shop focused on quality coatings and it is tough for us to keep up with all of the social media sites and forums along with the standard phone calls, emails, PMs, and walk in clients. We are simply trying to narrow the avenues of correspondence to better serve our customers.

I enjoy having this thread as a place for our clients to post their pictures of our work and to help other interested members with questions. Hopefully we can help you out in the future with some coatings or engravings.

Thank you for your interest and don't hesitate to contact me directly with any questions or comments.
Paul thank you for the response, I've tagged this thread awhile back because I was happy to see someone close that cerakoted within driving distance. I always check out members photos who post your work to see the quality, and sometimes for ideas. I thought sparrky had a good question, more or less assuming he saw the most recent photo posted and possibly had a custom 1911/2011 and was curious about who'd be handling it, so I was very curious as to what the answer would be.

Anyhow, I too have custom items too and will be in touch, possibly stop in the next time I'm in O.C.

Thanks again

Old 09-15-2014, 7:32 AM

We have an engraving day set for the end of this week. If you want your items engraved please be sure to contact us and have your items brought in by Thursday morning (9/18).

We are also about to launch an engraving page and gallery on our website this week. Stay tuned
Old 09-17-2014, 3:28 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
We have an engraving day set for the end of this week. If you want your items engraved please be sure to contact us and have your items brought in by Thursday morning (9/18).

We are also about to launch an engraving page and gallery on our website this week. Stay tuned
right-on... look forward to seeing some more cool stuff! Wish I had time to get over there before tomorrow morning - I'll be touching base with you soon for a couple things.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:54 PM
Made in the USA

bump for more weapon art!

Old 10-01-2014, 6:47 AM

OC- Do you guys have any picsof scrollwork done to a slide? Im thinking about having some embellishments to my mustang, thanks
Old 10-01-2014, 7:07 AM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RDGEARGRNDRR View Post
OC- Do you guys have any picsof scrollwork done to a slide? Im thinking about having some embellishments to my mustang, thanks
it's best to contact them direct:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...84&postcount=1

Quote:

Old 10-03-2014, 5:07 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Default Cerakote Sister Sigs - 9mm & .40 cal

OC Custom Coating! One word.... Awesome!! Thanks Paul and OCCC team. The pics below are my two Sig Sauer pistols that were great before, but now are just, wow! If I didn't know these two guns I would say they are not the same. Literally like brand new, but better. Get off the fence and give your gun a face lift. But if it were only cosmetics, that would be enough. But no, these are literally better guns. OCCC does what they call a micro slick finish on moving parts like slide rails, barrel, or any other part that does the hard task of rubbing against each other. This layer is a finish color black that treats steel parts much better than bluing. Once the parts start rubbing together the micro slick works better and better. Some people don't even lube these parts anymore. The guns sound quieter when racking a round in the chamber. Though the inside of the barrel and chamber do not get any coating, the outside does and the slide seems to run smoother and quieter.
Micro slick isn't a must, but hey! If you're gonna treat your gun to a facelift, the added micro slick is very inexpensive. Enough talk. See for yourselves!

9mm before

.40 cal before

The 9mm doesn't have the tac rail

Phenomenal! Like I said, not the same guns!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130914_203015_resized_3.jpg (96.5 KB, 1005 views)
File Type: jpg 43-MMS-1411005881-attachment1-20140824_131423_zpslcbx2sqr-1.jpg (58.7 KB, 989 views)
File Type: jpg 20141003_162624-1_resized_3.jpg (91.2 KB, 992 views)
File Type: jpg 20141003_162705-1_resized_3.jpg (93.2 KB, 999 views)
Old 10-06-2014, 11:35 AM
Made in the USA

looks great my1911tle!

I have a P30 that should be ready pretty soon... your description has me thinking I should have considered micro slick finish on that gun... I might hafta take a few in for the coating
Old 10-06-2014, 1:51 PM

Quote:
bump for more weapon art!

Now that's my kind of bump!
i'll take some pics of my SA loaded 1911 I just got back

http://m14hdw.proboards.com/index.cgi

http://www.sageebr.com/
Old 10-17-2014, 8:21 AM
Made in the USA

picked up my P30 yesterday... OD Green and Graphite Black... the thing is frickin' amazing! I think this is my favorite one so far.

The intricacy and tedious work to mask off the webbing and serrations would take the patience of a saint - but these guys pulled it off and it's flawless!

I will try to take pics this weekend - but my photography sux so bad I had posting pics... Paul and Matt took pics, so hopefully they will post soon (or email to me).
Old 10-30-2014, 7:19 PM
Made in the USA

I always hate posting my phone pics (does no justice to Paul's work)... the OD Green looks different in person - I need to get the regular camera out and see if i can get decent pics - but this shows the detail that OC Customs does!

Old 11-09-2014, 7:33 PM

Incredibly intersted in a few pieces/full guns done up in a bronze/burnt bronze color as well as the Sniper Grey.

This is all Pistols BTW

Also curious if you have something that looks like like Hard Chrome/satin?