Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Old 09-20-2014, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixoclockhold View Post
Update

Infected 5357
Dead 2630

the UN Secretary-General explains "Ebola matters to us all," as we noted previously the odds of the infection coming to America is around 18% by year-end. The CDC, however, hot on the heels of the UN's proclamation that "the gravity and scale of the situation now require an unprecedented level of international action," has warned that unless government intervention is increased significantly, 550,000 people could be infected by the end of January. "Contained?"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...illion-may-be-
Strange how these are all unreleased reports and speculation from people that heard a rumor somewhere...
Old 09-20-2014, 1:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkevin View Post
BTW, A neighbor has had a consistent cough for about a month and a half. She works in the nursing field... and can't seem to get rid of it.

Given the latest unexplained kid breathing disorders -- I don't trust s**it.
Those breathing disorders came in with those central America kids.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...-From-Illegals
Old 09-20-2014, 2:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by valdier View Post
Strange how these are all unreleased reports and speculation from people that heard a rumor somewhere...
Probably not a good idea to bury your head in the sand when it comes to the worlds leading problem..ever !

http://www.who.int/dg/speeches/2014/...ncil-ebola/en/

"This is likely the greatest peacetime challenge that the United Nations and its agencies have ever faced."

"Reports show that more than 5500 people have been infected. Well over 2500 have died. And these shocking figures are vast underestimates."

Last edited by sixoclockhold; 09-20-2014 at 2:16 AM..
Old 09-20-2014, 3:19 AM

You could catch it from riding BART or SF Muni in the Bay Area.
Old 09-20-2014, 9:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixoclockhold View Post
Probably not a good idea to bury your head in the sand when it comes to the worlds leading problem..ever !

http://www.who.int/dg/speeches/2014/...ncil-ebola/en/

"This is likely the greatest peacetime challenge that the United Nations and its agencies have ever faced."

"Reports show that more than 5500 people have been infected. Well over 2500 have died. And these shocking figures are vast underestimates."
I'm not burying my head, I just don't take unsubstantiated conspiracy talk as factual. When the CDC report that this entire article is based on, *actually* exists... then I will pay more attention.

I have preps regardless of paranoia

As I mentioned before, I'm far more worried about getting West Nile.
Old 09-20-2014, 9:26 PM

Quote:
That was my first suspicion, we all know health care was paramount in their budgets.

Bus loads of those petri dishes have arrived just miles from my home.
After watching WTC Bldg #7 being razed, and considering it's main occupants..

I stumbled onto this note while checking advanced weapons..
"911 = false flag. WTC 7 was brought down by demolition. 47 floors came down in 6 1/2 seconds - not hit by a plane. Just one of hundreds of absurdities that occurred that day. Wake up".
Old 09-21-2014, 11:31 AM
Banned

http://www.wnd.com/2014/09/doctors-i...-combat-ebola/

“You can see that these doctors, who are highly trained people, got themselves infected,” said Dr. Lee Hieb, former president of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons. “So sending troops into an area, if they’re dealing one-on-one with a patient, they’re not going to be able to protect themselves very well. It’s not easy to [prevent transmission], because you get tired and you get careless and you make some simple mistakes. All it takes is one virus particle.”

Dr. Hieb said quarantine measures should be taken to control the outbreak and prevent Ebola from coming to America.

“You don’t get Ebola from Europe,” she told WND. “You get Ebola from Africa. And it’s a really simple formula: Don’t let people fly to America if they’ve been to areas where there’s an outbreak. When there’s an outbreak, stop air [traffic] flow.”

Hieb added, “If they’re going to use the troops to do population control, which is one of the ways you contain it, basically you just don’t let anybody out. You’d make a ring around where it is, and you’d quarantine the area.”

With quarantines in places where the outbreaks are occurring, even if a person infected with Ebola were to try to board a plane to the U.S., it would be far more difficult for them to make the journey, she explained.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by valdier View Post
I'm not burying my head, I just don't take unsubstantiated conspiracy talk as factual. When the CDC report that this entire article is based on, *actually* exists... then I will pay more attention.

I have preps regardless of paranoia

As I mentioned before, I'm far more worried about getting West Nile.
West Nile virus estimates put severe cases at only 1% of all cases. Of these 15% max to more typical 5% die. So maybe 5% of 1% of people that get virus die. Beyond that it is not person to person. It would never put a burden on the health care system like ebola. Health care workers and people visiting hospital are not at risk from wnv infected person.

Who is at greatest risk of getting severely ill from WNV?

Most people do not get ill from WNV infection. However, people over the age of 50 should take special care to avoid mosquito bites since serious symptoms of WNV are more likely to develop in this age group. In addition, people who have compromised immune systems are at increased risk.
Old 09-22-2014, 7:00 PM
In Memoriam

Drudge Report states "Ebola outbreak far worst than authorities acknowledge."
New numbers are higher than expected. Could be up to 1 million infections by end of Jan 2015. New York Times reports fresh graves point to under counted number of deaths. Going to get interesting.
Old 09-25-2014, 3:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Never underestimate the ignorance of the majority of Californians.
Old 09-25-2014, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonusweb View Post

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...-From-Illegals
You pointed to an article that has no proof. Watch I can do it too.

Yesterday I asked the government why they were restricting access to Spanish Fly. They didn't answer. GOVERNMENT NOT RESPONDING TO REPORTS THEY ARE RESTRICTING ACCESS TO SPANISH FLY.

I got the same response about Unicorns as well... dun dun duuuuuhhh...

BTW spanish fly is an imaginary aphrodisiac.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:01 PM
Banned

Well
Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoup View Post

Yesterday I asked the government why they were restricting access to Spanish Fly. They didn't answer. GOVERNMENT NOT RESPONDING TO REPORTS THEY ARE RESTRICTING ACCESS TO SPANISH FLY.

I got the same response about Unicorns as well... dun dun duuuuuhhh...

BTW spanish fly is an imaginary aphrodisiac.
One of the first outbreaks happened in small town that was flooded with these central American kids. Its called circumstantial evidence.

http://www.virologyj.com/content/10/1/305

Study

Human rhinoviruses and enteroviruses in influenza-like illness in Latin America

Conclusions
In Latin America as in other regions, HRVs and HEVs account for a substantial proportion of respiratory viruses identified in young people with ILI, a finding that provides additional support for the development of pharmaceuticals and vaccines targeting these pathogens

http://q13fox.com/2014/09/16/health-...n-king-county/

Enteroviruses are very common viruses with over 100 types, officials said, but the EV-D68 type has previously been uncommon in the U.S.

http://www.cdc.gov/non-polio-enterov...ut/ev-d68.html

In general, infants, children, and teenagers are most likely to get infected with enteroviruses and become ill. That's because they do not yet have immunity (protection) from previous exposures to these viruses. We believe this is also true for EV-D68.
Children with asthma may have a higher risk for severe respiratory illness caused by EV-D68 infection

http://www.oig.dhs.gov/assets/Mgmt/2...n_Ali_Chil.pdf

MEMORANDUM FOR: The Honorable Jeh C. Johnson Secretary

SUBJECT: Oversight of Unaccompanied Alien Children MEMORANDUM

Additional Observations

• Many UAC and family units require treatment for communicable diseases, including respiratory illnesses, tuberculosis, chicken pox, and scabies.

• UAC and family unit illnesses and unfamiliarity with bathroom facilities resulted in unsanitary conditions and exposure to human waste in some holding facilities.

Contract cleaners and DHS employees are working to maintain sanitary conditions.

• DHS employees reported exposure to communicable diseases and becoming sick on duty. For example, during a recent site visit to the Del Rio USBP Station and Del Rio Port of Entry, CBP personnel reported contracting scabies, lice, and chicken pox. Two CBP Officers reported that their children were diagnosed with chicken pox within days of the CBP Officers' contact with a UAC who had chicken pox. In addition, USBP personnel at the Clint Station and Santa Teresa Station reported that they were potentially exposed to tuberculosis.

Last edited by bonusweb; 09-25-2014 at 11:40 PM..
Old 09-27-2014, 4:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GunFunShooter View Post
New York Times reports fresh graves point to under counted number of deaths. Going to get interesting.

Slightly on topic, but why the f*ck are they still burying their dead? It's bad enough in African culture the custom is to congregate and touch the deceased. You'd think with the Ebola outbreak starting in MARCH they'd be BURNING the corpses months ago.

Old 09-27-2014, 6:37 AM
Banned

Over 1.5 million on lock down.

Does that mean they are ready to sacrifice 1/2 of them to contain it?

They really don't have the man power to lock down that many but I guess they can pray.
Old 09-27-2014, 6:59 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoeger562 View Post
I wouldn't want to be sent to combat Ebola

Prayers to the troops following orders.
They signed the contract. Except I am sure who will pay the cost. Lets call it The Agenda population treaty depopulation. Even the Obama voters will perish

Last edited by Sunday; 09-27-2014 at 7:02 AM..
Old 09-27-2014, 10:36 AM
Banned

This is one nasty. Almost makes you wonder how the chief medical officer in Liberia (hardest hit country) can come in contact with someone (her secretary who is dead) and now be potentially dead.

Are these people stupid or is this thing sooo nasty or worse yet, airborne?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/bernic...tine-1.2779940
Old 09-27-2014, 11:12 AM
Calguns Addict

Someone is SF could get it and no one in Oakland or San Jose would care. Fact is people aren't paying attention or caring about because they don't believe it can reach them.

Close off the impacted area. Use military aircraft to destroy any planes that try to fly out, use the navy to sink anything that sails away, and airlift in some ChiCom and Ruskie soldiers to close down the borders since UN/USA marching orders on that would never get the job done.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripon83 View Post
Someone is SF could get it and no one in Oakland or San Jose would care. Fact is people aren't paying attention or caring about because they don't believe it can reach them.

Close off the impacted area. Use military aircraft to destroy any planes that try to fly out, use the navy to sink anything that sails away, and airlift in some ChiCom and Ruskie soldiers to close down the borders since UN/USA marching orders on that would never get the job done.
This is where that ounce of Gold gets you a ticket out of lock down and a 50/50 roll of the dice on death.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:50 AM

Viruses can spread WAY faster these days thanks to social media. One person shares it on his facebook page, then everyone catches it. Only a matter of time till we all get it.

All it takes is an infected African taking a selfie or posting a picture of his dessert at his favorite restaurant.
Old 09-27-2014, 2:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadigmShift View Post
Slightly on topic, but why the f*ck are they still burying their dead? It's bad enough in African culture the custom is to congregate and touch the deceased. You'd think with the Ebola outbreak starting in MARCH they'd be BURNING the corpses months ago.

The problems is not burial but burial rites. The entire family likes to wash and clean the body without gloves before burial. They refuse to let strangers take the body, they hide it.

Last edited by bonusweb; 09-27-2014 at 2:30 PM..
Old 09-28-2014, 8:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoup View Post
http://investmentwatchblog.com/sprea...paralysis-cdc/

Spreading Respiratory Virus May Cause Polio-like Paralysis: CDC

A hospital spokeswoman said the patients’ families didn’t want to talk to the media.

The nine children had fever and respiratory illness about two weeks before developing varying degrees of limb weakness.None seems to have a weak immune system or other conditions that might predispose them to severe illness, but the cases are still being investigated, Seward said.
Investigators don’t think it’s polio – eight of the nine children are up to date on polio vaccinations. It’s not known whether the limb weakness or paralysis is temporary or will be long-lasting.

Last edited by bonusweb; 09-28-2014 at 8:29 PM..
Old 09-28-2014, 9:29 PM

Quote:
A hospital spokeswoman said the patients’ families didn’t want to talk to the media.
That speaks volumes.

Bonus... directly answer yourself, do you have the nutzz to go face this?
After watching WTC Bldg #7 being razed, and considering it's main occupants..

I stumbled onto this note while checking advanced weapons..
"911 = false flag. WTC 7 was brought down by demolition. 47 floors came down in 6 1/2 seconds - not hit by a plane. Just one of hundreds of absurdities that occurred that day. Wake up".
Old 09-28-2014, 9:37 PM
Village idiot
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Ignorant statement.

We didn't just fly Influenza into the country, and, Influenza has proven cures!

I don't see you signing on to go treat Ebola!
The vaccination might help prevent catching influenza, and Tamiflu may lessen the symptoms if given within a window of time, but there is no cure for influenza.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
The vaccination might help prevent catching influenza, and Tamiflu may lessen the symptoms if given within a window of time, but there is no cure for influenza.
Flu vaccinations rarely work on any given years flu, and on occasion have increased chances of getting other infections.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:05 AM

Anyone know why we are sending troops to the infected area? I assume it is to help maintain order @ the various med compounds.
I know if I was still serving, I would not want to go. Of course, everyone in the mil needs to follow orders, but this seems over the top.

What happens if some of the troops become infected?...or is that the "real" intention of this deployment?
Old 09-30-2014, 12:45 PM
In Memoriam

CDC confirms 1st case of Ebola in Dallas, Tx.
Drudge Report.
And so it begins..............
Old 09-30-2014, 12:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Lot's of pizza deliveries at the CDC tonight.
Old 09-30-2014, 1:10 PM
In Memoriam

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102037055

http://drudgereport.com/
Old 09-30-2014, 1:15 PM

hope you guys got the basics...and im not talking about guns and ammo (thats a given).....water water water, food food food, bleach bleach bleach
Old 09-30-2014, 1:16 PM
In Memoriam

http://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...d.php?t=348226

Go to last page, over 500 pages and 12,000 postings, 584,000 views.
Best source for information on Ebola that I have found.
Not a bunch of wacko's some serious postings on this site.
Old 09-30-2014, 1:19 PM
In Memoriam

+100 on WATER, WATER, WATER, BLEACH, BLEACH, BLEACH, FOOD, FOOD.
I figure at least 3 month supplies minimum, to 6 months optimum. If we are all lucky.
Old 09-30-2014, 1:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbenson View Post
Anyone know why we are sending troops to the infected area? I assume it is to help maintain order @ the various med compounds.
I know if I was still serving, I would not want to go. Of course, everyone in the mil needs to follow orders, but this seems over the top.

What happens if some of the troops become infected?...or is that the "real" intention of this deployment?
because its a great idea to put 1000s of our healthy troops next to the sick
Old 09-30-2014, 1:39 PM

Default First Case of Ebola Virus Diagnosed in the States

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/30/health...html?hpt=hp_t1

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102037055

This person was in West Africa recently. They were diagnosed in Dallas, Texas as having Ebola.

This is different from previous U.S. Citizens infected with Ebola in that they were diagnosed in Africa and flown back to the U.S under quarantine.

As of this writing not much info out there yet.

Last edited by TheChief; 09-30-2014 at 1:43 PM..
Old 09-30-2014, 1:46 PM
Banned

It's only a matter of time before we ALL experience quarantine under a Police State.

I'll be less inclined to go to places where there are large gatherings of people, Malls, Athletic events, fast food restaurants.

This is more serious than media attention gives it.

I predicted when I heard that ISIS was planning to attack subways...a few dozen ebola infected Martyrs riding the subways around NY, Chicago and LA could spread the virus to uncontrollable masses.

Sending infected martyrs on flights all over the US would case some damage too...All without a shot fired.
Old 09-30-2014, 2:05 PM

So true!!
Old 09-30-2014, 2:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Executive Order 13295 implemented in 3...2...1...
This is no freaking joke.
Ebola came in and our government allowed it.
Just to be clear Exec Order 13295
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman19 View Post
It's only a matter of time before we ALL experience quarantine under a Police State.

I'll be less inclined to go to places where there are large gatherings of people, Malls, Athletic events, fast food restaurants.

This is more serious than media attention gives it.

I predicted when I heard that ISIS was planning to attack subways...a few dozen ebola infected Martyrs riding the subways around NY, Chicago and LA could spread the virus to uncontrollable masses.

Sending infected martyrs on flights all over the US would case some damage too...All without a shot fired.
"Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
-- Frederick Douglass --

“I didn’t know I was a slave until I found out I couldn’t do the things I wanted.”
– Frederick Douglass --

Last edited by FeuerFrei; 09-30-2014 at 2:34 PM..
Old 09-30-2014, 2:36 PM
In Memoriam

Listened to the head of the CDC, did not make me feel warm and fuzzy!
Old 09-30-2014, 2:46 PM
Banned

OMG this guy came from Liberia and walked around in Texas with symptoms for 4 days. 24th to 28th when ambulance brought him in. Plane ride on 20th.

Were screwed big time...4 days of infecting
Old 09-30-2014, 3:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Dated 2003? And we haven't learned something since then? Medical technology hasn't changed since then?

True weak post.
Technically 13295 was revised just two months ago:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...cable-diseases

Here's the info from the CDC on quarantine and legal stuff:
http://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/aboutl...isolation.html
http://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/specif...gulations.html
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 09-30-2014, 4:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripon83 View Post
Shut down Texas! I mean lock that ****** down, no one leaves, got it!
Too late, was this Dallas Ft Worth? Major hub for LAX transfers.

It could be here and we don't know it yet, plus anyone he contacted during his days of being contagious could have then hopped on a flight to any major city.

Major City = Global = Done deal

Last edited by Ferrum; 09-30-2014 at 4:51 PM..