Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 02-01-2019, 8:23 PM
Veteran Member

Default Feb Fun Action Pistol and 3-gun match

We will be holding our monthly action pistol and 3-gun match on Sat, Feb 9 at Burro Canyon, starting about 9 AM. This is a fun match, run like a typical action match as far as range commands, processes, etc and scores and times are recorded..but just for bragging rights. This is not a match for a hardcore competitor, but for someone who wants to see how matches are run or to just have fun, drawing and firing, some movement, barriers/cover perhaps in a safe but relaxed atmosphere. We usually have 2 or 3 handgun stages followed by a 3-gun match.

I usually bring 150 rounds of handgun ammo (though I don't normally need that much,) 20 rounds of rifle ammo and a box of birdshot shotgun ammo (buckshot tears up our wood knockdown targets too much.)

Cost is $35 that covers range rental and targets. Check in with us, not at the range office. We are at the private range closest to the entrance, on the right, across from the office. If lost, ask for the No Name Pistol Club at the office. We MAY be able to shoot steel targets again, depending upon the fire hazard rating. We shot the plate rack, poppers and knockdown targets last month due to the wet conditions.
Old 02-05-2019, 9:18 AM
Veteran Member

This is not a "for profit" event, by the way - it is a group of shooters getting together for fun. It is expected that all will help set up, take down, reset targets between shooters, tape targets, etc.

We will lend firearms if you do not have a suitable rifle or shotgun. Just bring .223 and/or 12 ga birdshot ammo...buckshot tears up our knock down wooden targets too much.
Old 02-05-2019, 5:40 PM

How did I miss this post! I found last month’s. 9AM this Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One nation under God

Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men.”
- General George Patton Jr

In regard to Murphy's Law, my wife said she met Murphy and she doesn't like him!
Old 02-06-2019, 7:40 AM
Veteran Member

We will be gathering at Burro Canyon on Saturday, 9 February, 2019 at 9 AM. With all the recent rain we will be able to use our steel targets, so plan accordingly. There is a possibility that it will rain Saturday, but the match will go on as scheduled. We had a great match in spite of the rain last month.

Allen alrich77@hotmail.com
Old 02-06-2019, 8:45 PM

My son and I are looking forward to this event. Sounds like aa good place to start out.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:28 AM

Will we be able to park close to the range that will be used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One nation under God

Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men.”
- General George Patton Jr

In regard to Murphy's Law, my wife said she met Murphy and she doesn't like him!
Old 02-07-2019, 3:26 PM
Veteran Member

Yes - right by the range..about 10-20 feet. We will be at the first private/tactical range on the right as you come up the hill and through the gate, past the large public rifle range area on the left. We are right across from the range office = the No Nam Pistol Club. Sign in with us - not the range office.