Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 08-08-2022, 3:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr1998 View Post
Any news on yours?

Nothing yet I donít want to call and bother them lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2022, 11:52 PM

8/7 - Completed online application. Submitted all paperwork required except training and qualification. They scheduled my interview at Ben Clark 12/26. Seems far out compared to some of the stories I've read here.

I left my good cause blank since the application said it wasn't a requirement anymore? I have a couple examples though if needed.

Now what? Should I get my training/qualification completed before the interview? Also, should I mention my my uncle was retired PD?

Any recommendations for where to go for training/qualification? I was thinking Ben Clark as well.
Old 08-09-2022, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungg View Post
Nothing yet I donít want to call and bother them lol

I notice it almost been two weeks since you cleared doj my buddy says itís shouldnít take them longer then two weeks to approve you. I would call or email your investigator to see where you are in the process.sometimes they will forget or the doj live scan gets lost somehow.
Old 08-09-2022, 9:00 PM

Do the firearms safety class and qualification documents need to be uploaded prior to completing a renewal application? I tried to start my application, but I received a prompt to upload all required documentation and can't proceed. I uploaded a copy of my DL and utility bill and figured I would provide the qualification documents later.
Old 08-09-2022, 9:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellwooda View Post
Do the firearms safety class and qualification documents need to be uploaded prior to completing a renewal application? I tried to start my application, but I received a prompt to upload all required documentation and can't proceed. I uploaded a copy of my DL and utility bill and figured I would provide the qualification documents later.
That happened to me too. Reload the page and start over. When I uploaded my documents the green bar never went away and that caused the error. After reloading the page and reuploading my documents I noticed the green load bar went away and my application went on to the next page. Hope this helps.
Old 08-10-2022, 4:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbesemer View Post
That happened to me too. Reload the page and start over. When I uploaded my documents the green bar never went away and that caused the error. After reloading the page and reuploading my documents I noticed the green load bar went away and my application went on to the next page. Hope this helps.

Iíll try that. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2022, 6:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delataco View Post
Applied 05/27
Appointment and live scan 06/15
CA & FBI live scan cleared 06/15
Qualification test done 06/25
Firearms license scam cleared 08/01
Approval notification & final payment 08/07

Definitely wasnít expecting for the approval on a Sunday, figured it would only be Mon-Fri. Currently in Texas so Iíll be picking up the permit as soon as I get back. Good luck to everyone, theyíre definitely speeding things up or they started pulling from the top of the stack rather than the bottom!

Permit has been picked up! Went yesterday 08/09 during my lunch, took about 15 mins. Total time from applying to permit being issued was 72 days, 74 until I picked up but that was just because I was busy lol
Old 08-10-2022, 8:53 AM

Quote:
Permit has been picked up! Went yesterday 08/09 during my lunch, took about 15 mins. Total time from applying to permit being issued was 72 days, 74 until I picked up but that was just because I was busy lol
How did you get notified? I cleared my DOJ Weapons on Sunday 8/7Ö looks like about 5 days for you to get final approval. Did you check on the online Portal for the approval?
Old 08-10-2022, 8:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Pannell View Post
How did you get notified? I cleared my DOJ Weapons on Sunday 8/7Ö looks like about 5 days for you to get final approval. Did you check on the online Portal for the approval?

No sir. Got an email, text and phone call all at the same time. Call was automated but they reached out on all 3 methods of contact.

Old 08-10-2022, 9:30 AM

Quote:
No sir. Got an email, text and phone call all at the same time. Call was automated but they reached out on all 3 methods of contact.

Thanks for the info DelatacoÖ. I guess I just need to be patientÖ
Old 08-10-2022, 9:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Pannell View Post
Thanks for the info DelatacoÖ. I guess I just need to be patientÖ
Iíve been cleared from doj since 8/05 and Iím still waiting for them for the final approval lol
Old 08-10-2022, 10:52 AM

My FBI firearms cleared on 08/04. Called today to get a update and they state they got over 300 applications that need to be check so might be a wait.
Old 08-10-2022, 6:32 PM

- Submitted app on 8/1/22
- Appointment is scheduled for 11/8/22 at Palm desert location.
- Ccw class scheduled for 8/27
- Waiting game now!
Old 08-11-2022, 2:23 PM

My timeline:

App and support documents uploaded 6-29-22

Completed training on 7-15-22

Interview was scheduled for mid-October however I checked the site numerous times during the week and was able to move it to 10-5, then 8-22 and finally 8-4-22.

Got an email two days before scheduled appt that the interview would be by phone - investigator actually called a day before scheduled interview for the interview (8-3-22, 24 hours early).

Received an email same day after interview with Live Scan instructions and the form to take with me.

Called three locations and was able to get a live scan appointment in the morning on 8-9-22.

DOJ and FBI completed on the same day 8-9-22. This can be tracked on the DOJ website with your ATI number and birthdate. Be sure to get your ATI number before leaving the cashier. I was given the receipt to upload to the system.

To my surprise I saw the firearms check was completed this morning 8-11-22.

Emailed investigator this afternoon and he responded "we are processing the return and will be in contact with you".

I was told in the interview I would hear back in 3 months after the background check results were in...surprised it only took two days compared to all the stories I'm reading on this thread.

Thank you to everyone for sharing your experience, it helps to get an idea of what to expect. I'll post again when I have confirmation.
Old 08-11-2022, 2:27 PM

2 days.. that is wild. Yet people are still waiting for older ones to clear, something weird is going on lol

Old 08-11-2022, 2:31 PM

Default delataco - concur

I concur - I set my calendar reminder to check every two weeks based on what I've been reading the past two days and just randomly checked this morning. It's a good surprise for sure...
Old 08-11-2022, 2:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTguy View Post
My timeline:

Interview was scheduled for mid-October however I checked the site numerous times during the week and was able to move it to 10-5, then 8-22 and finally 8-4-22.

Got an email two days before scheduled appt that the interview would be by phone - investigator actually called a day before scheduled interview for the interview (8-3-22, 24 hours early).

Received an email same day after interview with Live Scan instructions and the form to take with me.

Called three locations and was able to get a live scan appointment in the morning on 8-9-22.

DOJ and FBI completed on the same day 8-9-22. This can be tracked on the DOJ website with your ATI number and birthdate. Be sure to get your ATI number before leaving the cashier. I was given the receipt to upload to the system.

Emailed investigator this afternoon and he responded "we are processing the return and will be in contact with you".

I was told in the interview I would hear back in 3 months after the background check results were in...surprised it only took two days compared to all the stories I'm reading on this thread.

Thank you to everyone for sharing your experience, it helps to get an idea of what to expect. I'll post again when I have confirmation.
Iím surprised your investigator emailed you back lol mine either is ignoring all emails or is just not getting them lol who is your investigator if you donít mind me asking?
Old 08-11-2022, 2:38 PM

Quote:
Iím surprised your investigator emailed you back lol mine either is ignoring all emails or is just not getting them lol who is your investigator if you donít mind me asking?

I still donít know who my investigator was lmao. Only ever spoke to one person and when I emailed asking if he was my investigator he said no.

Old 08-11-2022, 2:41 PM

Quote:
I still donít know who my investigator was lmao. Only ever spoke to one person and when I emailed asking if he was my investigator he said no.

Thatís weird lol itís usually the officer that does the interview with you lol
Old 08-11-2022, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Thatís weird lol itís usually the officer that does the interview with you lol

Yeah I had to call because no one had called me after my interview passed and that guy said he could review my stuff but yeah my interview was technically with him so who knows who my investigator was lol

Old 08-11-2022, 2:47 PM

Lol not gonna lie Iím jealous, Iíve been waiting for 12 weeks and my firearms still havenít cleared

Old 08-11-2022, 2:48 PM

Quote:

Im basically done Iím just waiting for them to give me the approval email I started my process 4 months ago in April 4 now I just have to be patient I guess lol. The world is getting worse and worse everyday,not being able to carry yet sucks
Old 08-11-2022, 4:10 PM

Quote:
My timeline:

This helps! I have my appointment on 11/8, so Iíll try to bring it in if possible. Did you constantly check the site or what did you do?

Old 08-11-2022, 4:47 PM

Default Applying for CCW

I am going to start my application for my CCW and have a question regarding the proof of residency. All my utilities are in my wifeís name, the only thing that I have that my name is on is the mortgage. What else would qualify for proof of residency since 2 forms are required? Would me car registration qualify? I know car registration qualified when I applied for the CA real ID.

Thanks
Old 08-11-2022, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhmw View Post
I am going to start my application for my CCW and have a question regarding the proof of residency. All my utilities are in my wifeís name, the only thing that I have that my name is on is the mortgage. What else would qualify for proof of residency since 2 forms are required? Would me car registration qualify? I know car registration qualified when I applied for the CA real ID.

Thanks

I used truck registration and a credit card statement. No utilities in my name.

Old 08-11-2022, 6:00 PM

CR1998 - I'd prefer not to post the investigator's name due to privacy.

Tactical 951 - yes, I checked multiple times everyday to see if there were any earlier appointments available and got lucky 3 times, with the last time able to schedule an appointment 2 weeks out versus months away. I selected Riverside. There were earlier appts available in Palm Desert but I didn't know if they would do a phone appt. When I was doing the training one of the students said the investigators have been doing phone appts due to COVID but I did not know if that was still happening.
Old 08-11-2022, 9:00 PM

Quote:
CR1998 - I'd prefer not to post the investigator's name due to privacy.

Tactical 951 - yes, I checked multiple times everyday to see if there were any earlier appointments available and got lucky 3 times, with the last time able to schedule an appointment 2 weeks out versus months away. I selected Riverside. There were earlier appts available in Palm Desert but I didn't know if they would do a phone appt. When I was doing the training one of the students said the investigators have been doing phone appts due to COVID but I did not know if that was still happening.

Great thanks!

Old 08-12-2022, 11:56 AM

I Applied 05/31/22
Course completed 06/07/22
Interview 07/26/22
Live scan done 07/27/22
Ca and fbi both cleared the same day still waiting on
Firearms cleared 8/05/2022
Ccw issued 8/12/2022
Just have to wait to pick up my card on Monday since it’s Friday that close at 12pm lol
Old 08-12-2022, 4:32 PM

Ok im completely jealous and almost mad at the state now. I've been waiting since April and around June I got sent a message from the online system that said additional info was needed so it would be 3.5 more months till my Firearms clears.

So annoyed but there clearing people in 2 days and a few weeks now. SMH.

Congrats to all that are getting approved so fast.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2022, 9:04 PM

Fyi- I emailed CCW unit to ask if I can start my live scan or anything else sooner and was told to wait until my appointment.

Old 08-14-2022, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhmw View Post

Thanks

Upload your marriage license / certificate: that ďchainĒ should be good enough to show you live with your wife and any billing or bank statement Ė even if under her name Ė should suffice.

Good luck!

I am the NRA and I ride Ö
Old 08-15-2022, 9:04 AM

My FBI background check cleared 11 days ago today but I still havenít received a call or email. Hopefully they call today or tomorrow.
Old 08-15-2022, 9:31 AM

Received my CCW today. Just wanted to say Thank you to this sub and everyone who post their questions and answers. Started this process back in April not knowing a damn thing and with the internets help I was successful! Thank you!

Thank you Sheriff Chad Bianco and everyone working the CCW unit! Stay safe out there y’all.

Last edited by GlockyCatt; 08-15-2022 at 9:31 AM.. Reason: Typo
Old 08-15-2022, 11:42 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockyCatt View Post
Received my CCW today. Just wanted to say Thank you to this sub and everyone who post their questions and answers. Started this process back in April not knowing a damn thing and with the internets help I was successful! Thank you!

Thank you Sheriff Chad Bianco and everyone working the CCW unit! Stay safe out there yíall.
////////

Congratulations 👏
Safety always may God Bless you 24-7/365

///////
Ca & FBI Completed April 27
CCW Phone Interview Completed May 9
Firearms Cleared July 27 (Took 13 weeks or 91 days)
CCW Approved Mon Aug 1 at 1054 am via text and email.
Active CCW Permits: CA,AZ & Utah
USCCA Platinum Member
Old 08-16-2022, 7:23 AM

Applied 4/25
Interview 5/16
Livescan 5/16
FBI cleared same day
CA cleared 5/22
Firearms cleared today 8/16
Now waiting on final approval

Old 08-16-2022, 7:50 AM

So I just called the CCW department in Palm Springs and their explanation of why my application hasnít been approved is because my investigator is on vacation. Itís been 12 days since my firearms FBI background check cleared. I at least wanted a few days before the new law passes to carry my gun legally.
Old 08-16-2022, 9:58 AM

Default SB 918

Hi all,
SB 918 is still not law. It only just passed the appropriations and will go before the vote in the assembly soon. Then it goes to the Senate.
NOW is the time to say something to your reps and make your voice heard.

You aren't put on any list and it is your right as a citizen to say something. They count on you NOT saying anything to pass these awful bills.

You can find your representative through this link:
https://findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov/

This is a statement I have been sending to my rep and others:
Hi,
I'm writing to say that I disapprove of State Bill 918 that is coming up for a vote.

SB 918 is a very far reaching and broad bill that concerns every private business. It concerns every citizen's right to have a CCW in our great state. Not only does it make even more locations illegal to carry, it forces every business owner to make a decision if they support our Second Amendment Right. It forces business owners to draw a line that shouldn't be drawn. This brings Private Business, into a political issue.

California already has the toughest application process for gaining this right as a Law Abiding Citizen. We are business owners, workers but most of all; Mothers and Fathers that want a right to protect themselves and their families from real threats in this world. A world that is becoming increasingly dangerous.

The recent Supreme Court decision in NYRPA v. Bruen has officially made the right to Carry a Concealed Weapon, for Self-Defense) every US Citizen's right. SB 918 is an obvious infringement on this right. This bill will be challenged from Day One by many California Gun Rights Groups. These groups(CRPA, GOC, CGRF/Michelle & Assoc., FPC, NRA) have been very successful in challenging laws that infringe on our rights, to the 9th Circuit Level. They have also been successful in getting decisions that prove they are an obvious violation(see; Miller v. Bonta, Duncan v. Bonta etc..).

I am writing to you to voice that this State Bill is too far reaching. This is an unreasonable restriction on an already restricted right.

Please Vote No on SB 918.

Please, look up your representative and make your voice heard. There is literally nothing to lose.
Old 08-17-2022, 5:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riskyzzz View Post
So I just called the CCW department in Palm Springs and their explanation of why my application hasnít been approved is because my investigator is on vacation. Itís been 12 days since my firearms FBI background check cleared. I at least wanted a few days before the new law passes to carry my gun legally.

Whoís your IA?

Old 08-17-2022, 5:19 PM

I cleared DOJ weapons 8/7 and have emailed and called my investigator twice with no response…. Hoping I hear something soon..
Old 08-18-2022, 5:04 PM

I just had my CCW renewal interview (Riverside County).

"Has anything changed since your last renewal?"

That was it

The Riverside Sheriff web site appears to say you don't need a renewal interview anymore unless they tell you so? At least that's how I'm reading it. And the investigator pretty much confirmed that. He told me that any previous CCW holder application is now processed as a "renewal" no matter how long since your CCW has lapsed.

Still need the training and gun requal. That's probably a good thing

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk