Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

View Poll Results: With the latest 1/22/2022 Front Sight Restructuring, are you going to:
Stay on as a member and pay all the new fees 6 4.29%
Let my membership lapse and do nothing else. 63 45.00%
Join a class action lawsuit against Front Sight 59 42.14%
Other: explain what you are doing in a post 12 8.57%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2022, 1:38 PM

One of my favorite months to go. It has got windy at times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin75 View Post
Hey guys how is the weather out at front sight in October?
12 classes and 40 days over 10 years. Wish it was more. I'm not sure if there will be more ��
NRA Handgun Instructor
DOJ Handgun Instructor

Last edited by dad4mnc; 08-02-2022 at 1:41 PM..
Old 08-05-2022, 9:01 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Yes, Piazza has litteraly demonstrated that he can sell unbuilt condos in the desert 25 yrs ago. He is a highly litigious Scientologist and has been burning individuals for years. I benefited from training at his Bakersfield campus and was later gifted a Diamond pass by one of his instructors that was a close friend of mine for years. My bro montana would tell me stories of Piazzas exploits and said that for quite some time he would pay dumptruck drivers to move dirt from one end of property to other for no purpose. Most people are surprised he has been able to keep things going for this long a period. I,ve been out there 5-6 times and benefited greatly.
Old 08-05-2022, 9:21 PM

I took 7 classes in 2 years. Easily got my money's worth.
Old 08-06-2022, 4:31 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin75 View Post
Hey guys how is the weather out at front sight in October?
For the past 12 years, we have usually planned our group trips to FS in October and February. Wasn't too crowded and the weather usually is good too. Only once or twice did the weather let us down and it was in February (rain/snow).
Old 08-06-2022, 5:39 AM

Default Gun Site

I went to Gunsite for the first time a few years ago. An instructor said to me after several hours of training if I was open minded enough to lose some Front site bad habits. I said yes. It was amazing. He was a secret service and Afghanistan veteran. I never shot so good ever as the last day I was there. I actually shot a perfect score at the end something they said rarely happened. I know most of you are the more for less is better than less more more if its better quality, but when I saw the things that front site is so back words on, I was real glad I was done with them. I left there with so many things to work on, that I did not need to get right back until I mastered the things that were making me better before I returned. All that DG stuff is just for your ego, I soon found that going to other forums front site was not something you wanted to brag about. I donated all my FS clothing to good will as well as my hats. Replaced them with Gun Site garb! Gunsite hires only qualified retired military and law enforcement. Your not being taught by a person trained to become a front site instructor in many cases with no experience as a firearms instructor before becoming a FS instructor. If quantity verses quality is what you want FS was defiantly it. IMHO!

Last edited by w00dmaster; 08-06-2022 at 5:41 AM..
Old 08-06-2022, 7:06 AM

crap-why didn't I think of that? The last time I went to a class I should've blamed FS for all my bad habits.
Old 08-06-2022, 7:13 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dmaster View Post
I went to Gunsite for the first time a few years ago. An instructor said to me after several hours of training if I was open minded enough to lose some Front site bad habits. I said yes. It was amazing. He was a secret service and Afghanistan veteran. I never shot so good ever as the last day I was there. I actually shot a perfect score at the end something they said rarely happened. I know most of you are the more for less is better than less more more if its better quality, but when I saw the things that front site is so back words on, I was real glad I was done with them. I left there with so many things to work on, that I did not need to get right back until I mastered the things that were making me better before I returned. All that DG stuff is just for your ego, I soon found that going to other forums front site was not something you wanted to brag about. I donated all my FS clothing to good will as well as my hats. Replaced them with Gun Site garb! Gunsite hires only qualified retired military and law enforcement. Your not being taught by a person trained to become a front site instructor in many cases with no experience as a firearms instructor before becoming a FS instructor. If quantity verses quality is what you want FS was defiantly it. IMHO!
You have a total of 161 posts on Calguns and ALL OF THEM bashing Front Sight. You spend all your time reading posts here. SAD. Get a hobby.
Old 08-06-2022, 10:43 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinla View Post
You have a total of 161 posts on Calguns and ALL OF THEM bashing Front Sight. You spend all your time reading posts here. SAD. Get a hobby.
A sample of his posts do show he's bashing Front Sight; and that said, Front Sight and Dr. Piazza definitely need bashing. Piazza is a pathological liar and con man.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran
Old 08-07-2022, 5:14 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dmaster View Post
What is it about Front Sight that bothers you so much, w00dy? Are you bothered that FS is sucking potential business away from your own school? Is it because you still cannot get a DG in handgun? Maybe now that youíve got superior training from Gunsite, you can come and show them that you can wipe the test clean. I and most members here can assure you that they will not insist that you only use their training methods to pass the test.

Nobody is defending Piazza and his business practices, but you seem to be highly critical of their training.

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 08-07-2022, 6:36 PM

@w00dmaster,

Show us on the doll where Piazza touched you.
Old 08-07-2022, 7:55 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie Boombatz View Post
@w00dmaster,

Show us on the doll where Piazza touched you.
Heís screwed many people over. Youíre obviously less upset about it, but thatís you.

Stop being defensive, and let the man vent.
Old 08-07-2022, 9:07 PM

oh yay our favorite little troll woddy is back.
Old 08-07-2022, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bralowe View Post
He’s screwed many people over. You’re obviously less upset about it, but that’s you.

Stop being defensive, and let the man vent.
Haha. Dude's been venting for 31 pages. And you need to hop off his jock.

I'm pissed, but I'm not going to blame and insult everyone who has ever taken a class there like 'ole w00dy is doing. Dude has some issues.
Old 08-07-2022, 9:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I'm pissed, but I'm not going to blame and insult everyone who has ever taken a class there like 'ole w00dy is doing. Dude has some issues.
Are you really pissed though?

Quote:
I took 7 classes in 2 years. Easily got my money's worth.
I mean you got your money's worth right? How about for those that didn't get their money's worth? I would think that alone affords them to be pissed as much as they want in a scammy situation.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2022, 9:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapBloke View Post
Are you really pissed though?

I mean you got your money's worth right? How about for those that didn't get their money's worth? I would think that alone affords them to be pissed as much as they want in a scammy situation.

Are you also going to show us where the bad doctor touched you, too? Or was it Brad that did unspeakable things to you?

w00dmaster is a troll. Don't try and invalidate the rest of us being pissed because others haven't trolled on 30+ pages like he has.
Old 08-07-2022, 9:51 PM
Veteran Member

Who is Brad? And you think someone cheap as me would pay someone else to teach me to pull the trigger?

But judging by how defensive you got, I would only guess that you're not as pissed.

I'm not on anyone's side. I never even had a foot in this mess of a training site. I just found it odd that people are still taking sides with a con man over a disgruntled fellow gunowner regarding what the situation is.

Last edited by CheapBloke; 08-07-2022 at 10:00 PM..
Old 08-08-2022, 7:27 AM

I am not defending FS and I am very disappointed in what I have learned about FS, their leadership, business practices and treatment of their students and employees. I support those who are angry and feel for those who let themselves be taken by IP. I stay on this thread hoping for good news however unlikely, or to hear of the demise of FS.

I enjoyed the FS training and learned quite a bit. My journey to improve myself has been ongoing and FS was a tool to aid in this, as are a few other organizations. Recently, my son began his journey along side mine and FS was a great resource. We enjoyed classes and the time spent in Pahrump as well. I actually enjoyed going back to the basics and had to work even harder to set a good example for him.

FS was good fundamental training, with good instructors. The curriculum clearly "mirrored" other's and that is where I find the comments about FS "bad habits" a bit silly. Aside from minor differences (weaver vs. isosceles or low ready vs. sul, etc.) there is little that differentiates good training groups until you graduate past the fundamentals and start running and gunning. I am not defending FS but I am calling BS on those who we all have had on the line with us, that can't demonstrate the fundamentals, can't adjust for variations that expose them to new methods and can't find what works for them. These same people then say " I learned bad habits at XYZ" and that then perpetuates the repetitive internet FUD.
Old 08-08-2022, 4:54 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Haha. Dude's been venting for 31 pages. And you need to hop off his jock.

Now thatís Vinnie. Juvenile insults, nothing more.
Old 08-10-2022, 8:37 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thumbs down

Quote:
Are you also going to show us where the bad doctor touched you, too? Or was it Brad that did unspeakable things to you?

w00dmaster is a troll. Don't try and invalidate the rest of us being pissed because others haven't trolled on 30+ pages like he has.
It was and still is Dr. Piazza who did and continues to do unspeakable things.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

Old 08-10-2022, 10:53 AM

I thought he filed for bankruptcy?
Old 08-10-2022, 1:30 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by prod39 View Post
I thought he filed for bankruptcy?
He did.

He should have added the "morally bankrupt" part.

Old 08-11-2022, 7:16 AM

Speaking of BK, what is the latest and greatest from the creditors?
Old 08-11-2022, 7:16 PM

Things have been quiet lately.
Not sure if there's been any big updates
Old 08-12-2022, 5:15 PM

Is F.S. still in operation right now?

Old 08-12-2022, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolvoWrench View Post
Is F.S. still in operation right now?
Yes and the good doctor is still grifting during the BK...!!!

NRA Benefactor Member
CRPA Life Member
2AF Defender
USPSA Life Member
GOC Member
NASAR Member
Old 08-13-2022, 6:53 AM

They're open and doing classes but this is the super slow season.
Once we get through labor day and the new Season starts it'll be interesting to see what attendance looks like.
Old 08-13-2022, 8:57 AM

I have been out there training this Summer.

Classes running as usual. 6AM - 12:30P.

Hot with low attendance, just like every Summer....
Old 08-15-2022, 6:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBay Shooter View Post
Speaking of BK, what is the latest and greatest from the creditors?
Chapter 11 plan extended for details from August 4th until August 26th when Front Sight has to file the plan. A hearing on the plan is scheduled for September 23rd.

There are a couple of things happening between FS and LVDF in the early part of September and needs to be ruled on by September 9th by the Judge. This was left over from the end of July Hearings.
Old 08-15-2022, 6:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi54 View Post
Things have been quiet lately.
Not sure if there's been any big updates
Here you go a personal answer just for you: (j/k)

Chapter 11 plan extended for details from August 4th until August 26th when Front Sight has to file the plan. A hearing on the plan is scheduled for September 23rd.

There are a couple of things happening between FS and LVDF in the early part of September and needs to be ruled on by September 9th by the Judge. This was left over from the end of July Hearings.
Old 08-16-2022, 9:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_Chicago View Post

Thanks Doc. Is there a new link to court documents? The ones I find have a fee associated with them. I feel bad having to bug you for updates.
Old 08-16-2022, 2:18 PM

Does anyone know how the 4-day passes work now with the new restructuring? If you give a pass to someone do they also have to pay $100/day to take the class?
Old 08-16-2022, 6:13 PM

I'm pretty sure everyone is paying $100 a day for any class.

Old 08-17-2022, 6:03 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

So, what happens to the guy who never paid to become Gold Star and never got his membership terminated? He can still take classes?

Asking for a friend Fred.

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 08-17-2022, 12:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
So, what happens to the guy who never paid to become Gold Star and never got his membership terminated? He can still take classes?

Asking for a friend Fred.
lol, I resemble that friend...
Old 08-17-2022, 6:20 PM

Guys, Front Sight is open.

$100 per day fee.

Class "tuition' covered by your existing membership.
Old 08-17-2022, 7:43 PM

Yup, $100 per day....we are still doing private every 2-3 months even with that. It's still a good deal for us - other well known/reputable places are asking for 500 to 1500 a day. Plus we request our instructor and despite some of the BS online there are some VERY good instructors there. I started going to front sight because I couldn't take my g/f to the LE and DOD things I do and I still enjoy going after several years of regular attendance. I just wish we could play with our NODS and braced ARs out there...
Old 08-17-2022, 8:01 PM
CGN Contributor

Is attendance down significantly? Is it easier to schedule privates now?
Old 08-17-2022, 8:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detcmfan View Post
Yup, $100 per day....we are still doing private every 2-3 months even with that. It's still a good deal for us - other well known/reputable places are asking for 500 to 1500 a day. Plus we request our instructor and despite some of the BS online there are some VERY good instructors there. I started going to front sight because I couldn't take my g/f to the LE and DOD things I do and I still enjoy going after several years of regular attendance. I just wish we could play with our NODS and braced ARs out there...
But you have a much less chance getting the instructor you want because of the mass exodus. Lots/many of the really good instructors are gone.
Old 08-17-2022, 8:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV_G22 View Post
Guys, Front Sight is open.

$100 per day fee.

Class "tuition' covered by your existing membership.
What does "covered by your existing membership" mean? Last time I checked all your credits/Front Sight Bucks don't cover this daily fee.
Old 08-18-2022, 4:44 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CGN Contributor

Quote:
What does "covered by your existing membership" mean? Last time I checked all your credits/Front Sight Bucks don't cover this daily fee.
He means the $1000 for a 2-day and $2000 for a 4-Day class tuition fee.