Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim Air rifles and pistols, AirSoft and Mil Sim Discussion

Old 07-12-2022, 10:26 AM

Default Seal Replacement Crosman Vigilante 357 CO2 Pistol

So, I spent $75 on a Vigilante set with the pistol, 3 ammo cylinders and a holster. Gun is super accurate and I used it to dispatch several squirrels and birds that were plaguing my yard. Unfortunately, either I did not read the manual well enough or it was not clearly stated that the CO2 cylinder should not be left in the gun when not in use. Result is, after a year and a half of ownership but only maybe 50 shots, the cylinder seal no longer retains the gas which means I get one shot before all the gas escapes.

Pyramid Air and Crosman will not do anything and advise I install a new seal. I checked the seals and the best deal is only about $7 on eBay but I have no clue how hard it is to change it out. Wondered if anyone had done this work on this model and if it worth the effort.

I like the gun but, since itís a revolver, it makes no sense to fire 1-2 shots then remove and discard the cylinder losing 20-30 rounds of gas just to protect the seal.

Choices are:
- buy the seal and attempt the replacement followed by wasting 90% of the gas for the future

- try to sell the setup for $20 to someone with the knowledge that the seal needs replacement

- put it in the trash as a lesson learned never to buy CO2 gun again
Old 07-15-2022, 9:16 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Recommend you try to replace the seal. This place seems to sell re-sealing kits:

https://scopesandammo.com/storefront...seal-kit-p-350

Have never bought from them. Google around and check various places. If you can tinker, you can fix your CO2 gun.

Turby
Old 08-05-2022, 9:33 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I replaced a seal on an old Crosman pistol. It wasnít too bad.
Old 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM

If you take the home repair route, take pictures of the gun each step of the way during takedown. This way you have a reference for how everything should go back together.

It's save my skin many a time. These air guns are chock full of little bits and remembering where everything goes can be a nightmare.