Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 03-26-2014, 9:01 PM
othersmightlive othersmightlive is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 404
iTrader: 72 / 100%
Default

I emailed him back this morning after I drank some coffee:

"...I had thought that it was already submitted and pending DOJ approval. Im sure you are being hounded by questions, but what kind of wait time should I expect from here? What is the process? Also, what timeframe should my friend expect (who had his timestamped)? Do you have a list of instructors I can schedule an appointment with to take the necessary class? Any information would be helpful.
Thank you,..."

He called back and got my VM, stated for me to call him in the morning to discuss any questions I might have. Pretty nice guy. We all have to remember these are not the monsters. These are the ones who just do the monsters bidding.

Let me ask you gang, what questions do you want me to ask him? Seriously, I will ask him every question you post, so get them in to me before 10am tomorrow morning. QUICK!
  #42  
Old 03-26-2014, 9:07 PM
dca965's Avatar
dca965 dca965 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 819
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky.Hawk View Post
I have read it. It says people who otherwise are not prohibited must be granted a method to carry. I have a little, but also little - hope. It changes nothing until GOOD MORAL CHARACTER is explicitly tossed or challenged along with GOOD CAUSE. Richards legal team should have never given up on GMC but they did towards the end. MANY PEOPLE ARE BEING DENIED CCW EVERY DAY IN CA FOR GMC NOW. It is interchangeable with Good Cause. A nameless, faceless administrator at a Sheriff dept will decide you do not have 'character beyond reproach' and rubber stamp denial will continue.

You can keep telling yourself these recent decisions meant something, but I'm waiting for "show me". Meanwhile, on the streets of CA, every day people are still going through an interview and many a subsequent denial for GMC. It will be business as usual at the Sheriff Depts who choose who does and doesn't get CCW, including those who decided long ago that means 'no one gets issued'. This will likely drag on for another 6 - 8 years unless someone at NRA/Calguns takes the bull by the horns and goes for the throat.
Sky.Hawk:

Your statement is, IMHO, dead-on balls accurate! This is exactly what I expect to happen in my county where Richards, et al. had the COURAGE to take on the Sheriff. So I am relegated to other states permits, useless to me in the state where I live, until we get some sort of permanent relief.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by dca965 View Post
CA CCW 2013 | Applied in person 11/4 | App approved 12/10 | Interview 12/17 | Denial (GC) Ltr. 1/14 | AZ CCW 2014 | Applied via mail 03/20 | Entered by DPS 05/02 | Approved 5/10 | Received 5/16 | OR CHL 2014 | Applied in person 04/17 | Approved 4/30 | Received 5/9 | WA CPL 2014 | Applied in person 04/18 | Approved 6/9 | Received 6/12 | NV CFP 2014 | Applied 09/25 | Received 1/15 | UT CFP 2015 | Applied 11/26 | Received 1/16
  #43  
Old 03-26-2014, 9:24 PM
AyatollahGondola's Avatar
AyatollahGondola AyatollahGondola is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,168
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootuser View Post
A background check includes credit. Dead-beat folks who don't pay their bills are seen as not being reliable and not having good morale character by some people. Employers run your credit for this very reason.

For the OP, it sounds like a one off, so I would hope that wouldn't exclude him from getting his permit but people who have multiple bankruptcies, unpaid tickets, multiple cars repossessed etc may show a behavior that is not the greatest.
employers run credit checks because they give their employees credit cards, cash, and empower them to act as an extension of their company. The sheriff is not doing that. You are not an extension of his office; Just an extension of state law. Lots of us owe money. It's not a crime, and anyone can get there by virtue of misfortune. You can get ill, and not be able to manage your affairs; You can be sued, be in the right, and still lose because you couldn't mount a defense or maintain one. You can be on the receiving end of a tax audit, end up owing tens of thousands by virtue of their authority, and get a lien or liens lodged against you while you spend years in tax court trying to prove you don't owe them. Your spouse could have gotten you there. There are all kinds of ways to fall into debt, but that doesn't make you unprincipled in other ways. No one should be denied due process of law because they are a debtor. I don't even believe a sheriff could do that in this case without running afoul of public policy or constitutional protections
  #44  
Old 03-26-2014, 9:34 PM
AyatollahGondola's Avatar
AyatollahGondola AyatollahGondola is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,168
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by othersmightlive View Post
State Tax. Calif state tax. I dont remember it actualy going into a lien, I just remember the threat before I went on a payment plan.
They have to file liens by some statutory dates if they are worried about a statute of limitations tolling, or similar. A payment plan wouldn't stop them from filing a lien, but it often prevents them from taking involuntary collection action. Often, if your payment plan exceeds a statutory tolling date, they'll file a lien automatically. They have zillions of state liens, and the computer starts churning them out as the dates get close. But a person still signs and files it.

You're in good company. The state is owed billions in unpaid taxes and they lien the carp out of millions of us. That don't make you any less of a person, and you are still due process of law. They can't deny you a vote, a jury trial, and the sheriff still has to protect and serve you. Don't take that from him if they try and use that.
  #45  
Old 03-26-2014, 9:55 PM
rootuser rootuser is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,018
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyatollahGondola View Post
employers run credit checks because they give their employees credit cards, cash, and empower them to act as an extension of their company. The sheriff is not doing that. You are not an extension of his office; Just an extension of state law. Lots of us owe money. It's not a crime, and anyone can get there by virtue of misfortune. You can get ill, and not be able to manage your affairs; You can be sued, be in the right, and still lose because you couldn't mount a defense or maintain one. You can be on the receiving end of a tax audit, end up owing tens of thousands by virtue of their authority, and get a lien or liens lodged against you while you spend years in tax court trying to prove you don't owe them. Your spouse could have gotten you there. There are all kinds of ways to fall into debt, but that doesn't make you unprincipled in other ways. No one should be denied due process of law because they are a debtor. I don't even believe a sheriff could do that in this case without running afoul of public policy or constitutional protections
I agree with what you write, and you are correct about why a company checks credit, but in California, prior to 2012, decisions on employment were made by some employers based on credit. The Democrats put an end to that practice but it is still commonplace in many states. Oregon, Hawaii and Washington and maybe a few other states have banned the practice, but it is still used against people all too often.

No one is suggesting that it is a crime to owe money, what I'm saying is some Sheriff's will undoubtedly use bad credit as an excuse to deny because there is nothing to stop them. The way the law is, good morale character can be interpreted any way the Sheriff wants. There is no protection that I can see right now until the morale clause is challenged and then defined, right now it is wide open.

Think about it, the San Francisco Sheriff is a wife beater, in what world should he be a sheriff? There is no way you can tell me he is good morale character, but they get to make up the rules as they go along.

Last edited by rootuser; 03-26-2014 at 9:58 PM..
  #46  
Old 03-26-2014, 10:47 PM
AyatollahGondola's Avatar
AyatollahGondola AyatollahGondola is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,168
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootuser View Post
I agree with what you write, and you are correct about why a company checks credit, but in California, prior to 2012, decisions on employment were made by some employers based on credit. The Democrats put an end to that practice but it is still commonplace in many states. Oregon, Hawaii and Washington and maybe a few other states have banned the practice, but it is still used against people all too often.

No one is suggesting that it is a crime to owe money, what I'm saying is some Sheriff's will undoubtedly use bad credit as an excuse to deny because there is nothing to stop them. The way the law is, good morale character can be interpreted any way the Sheriff wants. There is no protection that I can see right now until the morale clause is challenged and then defined, right now it is wide open.

Think about it, the San Francisco Sheriff is a wife beater, in what world should he be a sheriff? There is no way you can tell me he is good morale character, but they get to make up the rules as they go along.
They can try and use that as an excuse as you say, but thy would also have to defend it. I mentioned earlier that many cops are debtors. I know people who lost it all and filed BK, and then became cops because, hey; it's a paying job and they have the right background otherwise. I'll bet I could take the employee roster of the sheriff here in Sac, run their names through the recorders office, and find debtors with liens. He'd have a hard time justifying that policy then I'd say, and quite possibly he's have some legal fees to pony up after also
  #47  
Old 03-26-2014, 10:55 PM
AyatollahGondola's Avatar
AyatollahGondola AyatollahGondola is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,168
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootuser View Post
Think about it, the San Francisco Sheriff is a wife beater, in what world should he be a sheriff? There is no way you can tell me he is good morale character, but they get to make up the rules as they go along.
the sheriff him or herself is a politician, and as such quite different set of rules from those set for employees. Disbarred attorneys can hold office if they're elected. This is one of those concepts of constitutional power that says the power rests with the people....or the voters as it were. That's what gave us Al Franken, a comedian, Sonny Bono...a singer, Arnold...an actor, and Hulk Hogan...a wrestler....and so on. We, the voters, know best. We hire the worst, but we expect those we hire to hold their subordinates to much higher standards than that....apparently
  #48  
Old 03-27-2014, 12:06 AM
rootuser rootuser is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,018
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyatollahGondola View Post
the sheriff him or herself is a politician, and as such quite different set of rules from those set for employees. Disbarred attorneys can hold office if they're elected. This is one of those concepts of constitutional power that says the power rests with the people....or the voters as it were. That's what gave us Al Franken, a comedian, Sonny Bono...a singer, Arnold...an actor, and Hulk Hogan...a wrestler....and so on. We, the voters, know best. We hire the worst, but we expect those we hire to hold their subordinates to much higher standards than that....apparently
Yep I agree with you. We certainly do it to ourselves quite often.

As for the debtors, I agree with your assessment however I think we'll see many "good moral character" denials for numerous garbage reasons until such a time as some one has the time, money and backing to challenge it. We had the same thing for "Just cause" for a long time, no reason to think that the politician police folk will change their stripes. Some will be good enough to follow the spirit of the law (Sacramento, you are blessed) but others will continue to flaunt the law because there is no one to hold them accountable (Santa Clara).
  #49  
Old 03-27-2014, 10:05 AM
Untamed1972 Untamed1972 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 17,580
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDay View Post
Are they even allowed to run your credit as part of the CCW process? I smell a lawsuit.
You would have to sign a form giving them specific permission to check your credit. That's federal law. They check your credit when doing a background check for an LE job.....but as part of that you sign a form authorizing them to check your credit.

Again....it's FEDERAL LAW.....people, including LE, cannot run your credit report without your specific authorization.
__________________
"Freedom begins with an act of defiance"

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun
  #50  
Old 03-27-2014, 10:25 AM
taperxz taperxz is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 17,177
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed1972 View Post
You would have to sign a form giving them specific permission to check your credit. That's federal law. They check your credit when doing a background check for an LE job.....but as part of that you sign a form authorizing them to check your credit.

Again....it's FEDERAL LAW.....people, including LE, cannot run your credit report without your specific authorization.
I always thought liens were filed with the County Recorders office which is public record.
  #51  
Old 03-27-2014, 10:39 AM
Untamed1972 Untamed1972 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 17,580
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz View Post
I always thought liens were filed with the County Recorders office which is public record.
my comments were directed at those stating or inquiring whether the sheriff was "running credit checks" for CCW apps.

Yes, liens are public record which LE would have easy access to which is likely where it came up regarding the OPs CCW app.....to pull it from his credit report would require signing of a form authorizing a credit check.
__________________
"Freedom begins with an act of defiance"

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun
  #52  
Old 03-27-2014, 10:41 AM
taperxz taperxz is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 17,177
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed1972 View Post
my comments were directed at those stating or inquiring whether the sheriff was "running credit checks" for CCW apps.

Yes, liens are public record which LE would have easy access to which is likely where it came up regarding the OPs CCW app.....to pull it from his credit report would require signing of a form authorizing a credit check.
I think so too.
  #53  
Old 03-27-2014, 10:56 AM
Chewy65 Chewy65 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,839
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

A. As others have pointed out, a lien is a public record

B. As part of the application, did the OP give authorization for a credit check, which would not be needed to pull a lien off of public records, but may possibly be needed to do what is considered to be a 'credit check'.
  #54  
Old 03-27-2014, 9:27 PM
southernsnowshoe southernsnowshoe is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ramona, CA
Posts: 280
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".......that is unless you have less than a 620 credit score.
  #55  
Old 03-27-2014, 10:59 PM
problemchild problemchild is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 33.753276,-118.19139
Posts: 6,967
iTrader: 82 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz-of-Awd View Post
...and some employers run credit checks on applicants I believe.

A.W.D.
AZ auto ins companies run a credit check to determine what your ins will cost. Bad credit means sky high auto ins (like 2k per year)
  #56  
Old 12-07-2019, 6:14 PM
othersmightlive othersmightlive is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 404
iTrader: 72 / 100%
Default

I sit on my deck, looking across the valley, the hillside scattered in steel plates. I reach for my suppressed sbr and make the steel sing. Fantasy? Nope. No longer in California. My CCW was granted in just 2 weeks, my 2 eform 1s in just 16 days. My prayers go out to you all still living in suppression. Freedom tastes...good.
  #57  
Old 12-07-2019, 6:48 PM
71MUSTY's Avatar
71MUSTY 71MUSTY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,858
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by othersmightlive View Post
The lien was for $1100 and the initial bill was sent to my old address, which was never forwarded to me, and It wasn't until it was in a lien that I even knew I had a bill. I guess that's why regular credit checks are important. I sent a copy of the payment plan so all should be good, but is a lien from 2006 (yeah, 8 years ago) For $1110 something I could be denied for? I'm getting the feeling they will deny just because it is a Wednesday. Get your items in order. Check your credit and be sure there is no outstanding issues. I don't think they checked my credit, just my public records. My credit would be pinged one point if they did a credit check, and so far it hasn't been.
I am not in your county, but it is pretty common for my IA to ask questions like this to see how you react. Most people answer politely and professionally, some people get all mad and act out. Pretty easy way to catch the hotheads.

Just saying.
__________________
Only slaves don't need guns


Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross


We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
  #58  
Old 12-07-2019, 7:13 PM
Dan_Eastvale's Avatar
Dan_Eastvale Dan_Eastvale is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 2,072
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I suspect municipalities in CA aren't as current with actual law as they should be. Like gun stores regarding ppt and ammo sales requirements, each seem ignorant to actual law and make up their own laws. Or, maybe a county employee forgot to dot an i or cross a t.
Hiring a lawyer would be a lengthy and costly proposition.

Last edited by Dan_Eastvale; 12-07-2019 at 7:16 PM..
  #59  
Old 12-07-2019, 7:47 PM
plumbum's Avatar
plumbum plumbum is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tehama County
Posts: 2,989
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
Liens can be found via the County Recorder's Office.

.
This - nothing to do with a credit check. Someone didn’t file their release of lien after they paid the bill...
__________________
Dear Lord,
Please help me to become the person my dog believes me to be.
  #60  
Old 12-07-2019, 9:25 PM
shotcaller6's Avatar
shotcaller6 shotcaller6 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 37°44'16.40" N 121°25'53.28" W aka Tracy, CA. 95376
Posts: 676
iTrader: 88 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by othersmightlive View Post
I sit on my deck, looking across the valley, the hillside scattered in steel plates. I reach for my suppressed sbr and make the steel sing. Fantasy? Nope. No longer in California. My CCW was granted in just 2 weeks, my 2 eform 1s in just 16 days. My prayers go out to you all still living in suppression. Freedom tastes...good.
WHOO HOOO! looks like it all worked out for you, congratulations.
  #61  
Old 12-07-2019, 9:31 PM
plumbum's Avatar
plumbum plumbum is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tehama County
Posts: 2,989
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Sheeeet, anyone else notice how necro this is?! But it was a good one to dig up!
__________________
Dear Lord,
Please help me to become the person my dog believes me to be.
  #62  
Old 12-07-2019, 10:06 PM
Unforgiven's Avatar
Unforgiven Unforgiven is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sacramento Ca.
Posts: 835
iTrader: 33 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by othersmightlive View Post
I sit on my deck, looking across the valley, the hillside scattered in steel plates. I reach for my suppressed sbr and make the steel sing. Fantasy? Nope. No longer in California. My CCW was granted in just 2 weeks, my 2 eform 1s in just 16 days. My prayers go out to you all still living in suppression. Freedom tastes...good.
You sir are an idiot. Who bumps a five year old thread? Only you.
__________________
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.

Benjamin Franklin
  #63  
Old 12-08-2019, 12:14 AM
smoothy8500's Avatar
smoothy8500 smoothy8500 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,305
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
You sir are an idiot. Who bumps a five year old thread? Only you.
As he gloats about not living in Cali anymore...
  #64  
Old 12-08-2019, 1:02 AM
L84CABO's Avatar
L84CABO L84CABO is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Orcas Island, WA and San Diego
Posts: 5,881
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Colorado should revoke your CCW for dusting off this necropost.
__________________
"Kestryll I wanna lick your doughnut."

Fighter Pilot
  #65  
Old 12-08-2019, 4:01 AM
CaliforniaCowboy CaliforniaCowboy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 927
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Weird.
As far as employers running credit checks, I guess to see how responsible you are? I know if you work with the money they probably want to know you are not in serious debt and maybe walk off with some from the till or something. I remember many years ago when I was young and applying as an armored car driver, they wanted you to have decent credit, I was told that they would not hire anyone with bad credit or in serious debt as they felt it was a risk. Something like that. But not sure what it has to do with a CCW.
  #66  
Old 12-08-2019, 5:27 AM
othersmightlive othersmightlive is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 404
iTrader: 72 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
You sir are an idiot. Who bumps a five year old thread? Only you.
Not my intention. It's been a rough few years. Lost some friends, lost my Dad. Looked deeply into what they had fought for. Freedom, my friends. It IS worth fighting for. I am not gloating. When I was in Cali I was robbed of my fundamental right to protect myself. That is a pretty big one. I did not realize how big until I was given these freedoms back. I mean it when I say I pray for California. I still love it and want what is best for it. Cheers.
  #67  
Old 12-08-2019, 7:36 AM
Toe Tagger's Avatar
Toe Tagger Toe Tagger is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 98
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

For self defense, your credit should not make a difference. Criminals Do NOT discriminate as to whether your credit score Is 850 or 500. This is ONLY the Dept.s way to deny you your right to carry and self defense outside your residence.

An agency conducts financial checks during backgrounds, as a way to prevent corruption of one of their Agent's / Deputy's / Officers. If you are in financial trouble or ruin, then the factor of you either taking bribes or being on payroll for criminal organizations is quite high. As a Civilian, this has no bearing to you defending yourself outside your residence. This should hold no grounds for "suicide risk" as well, which may be their angle.

1*

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  #68  
Old 12-08-2019, 11:31 AM
M1NM's Avatar
M1NM M1NM is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: West Covina
Posts: 6,337
iTrader: 48 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz-of-Awd View Post
...and some employers run credit checks on applicants I believe.
Ours does. Since 9-11 they went back and redid everyones backgrounds. One guy had a DUI when he was 18. He got hired in his 30s and didn't list it. It showed up in this latest check and finally cut a deal to retire when he's elligible early next year. They could have wiped out a career of nearly 30 years for lying on his original application.
__________________
  #69  
Old 12-08-2019, 11:44 AM
CessnaDriver's Avatar
CessnaDriver CessnaDriver is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,470
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

I think this just highlights that in San Diego county the story has changed massively the last two years as far as CCW, many more being issued. Frankly if someone is motivated with a decent record they can get one, there are many resources now to help someone through the process, the biggest reason I think for people not getting one is they are lazy to do the work.
__________________
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/signaturepics/sigpic28512_1.gif

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

  #70  
Old 12-08-2019, 12:39 PM
SloChicken's Avatar
SloChicken SloChicken is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: McKenzie River OR; Gros Ventre, WY; LV; Abq.
Posts: 3,877
iTrader: 46 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothy8500 View Post
As he gloats about not living in Cali anymore...
It does feel good.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Shooter
To me, it was a fist-fight, except that I did not counter-attack.
  #71  
Old 12-08-2019, 12:44 PM
SloChicken's Avatar
SloChicken SloChicken is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: McKenzie River OR; Gros Ventre, WY; LV; Abq.
Posts: 3,877
iTrader: 46 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaCowboy View Post
Weird.
As far as employers running credit checks, I guess to see how responsible you are? I know if you work with the money they probably want to know you are not in serious debt and maybe walk off with some from the till or something. I remember many years ago when I was young and applying as an armored car driver, they wanted you to have decent credit, I was told that they would not hire anyone with bad credit or in serious debt as they felt it was a risk. Something like that. But not sure what it has to do with a CCW.
Moral turpitude.

If you welch on debt, frankly, you can’t be trusted.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Shooter
To me, it was a fist-fight, except that I did not counter-attack.
  #72  
Old 12-08-2019, 3:21 PM
FalconLair's Avatar
FalconLair FalconLair is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Summerlin, NV.
Posts: 3,152
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe Tagger View Post
For self defense, your credit should not make a difference. Criminals Do NOT discriminate as to whether your credit score Is 850 or 500. This is ONLY the Dept.s way to deny you your right to carry and self defense outside your residence.

An agency conducts financial checks during backgrounds, as a way to prevent corruption of one of their Agent's / Deputy's / Officers. If you are in financial trouble or ruin, then the factor of you either taking bribes or being on payroll for criminal organizations is quite high. As a Civilian, this has no bearing to you defending yourself outside your residence. This should hold no grounds for "suicide risk" as well, which may be their angle.
i guess in some peoples eyes if you happen to lose your job or fall upon hard times you should no longer have a right to defend yourself

it's shameful
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barang View Post

I! hate! you! FalconLair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greta

HOW DARE YOU!!
  #73  
Old 12-09-2019, 10:53 AM
Jimi Jah's Avatar
Jimi Jah Jimi Jah is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 14,225
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Sheriff Gore does not make it easy nor constitutional here. In other states he would be fired.

He does support the illegal aliens here as long as they don't commit further crimes. Breaking into the country and obtaining illegal employment are given a mulligan.
  #74  
Old 12-09-2019, 6:17 PM
Quiet's Avatar
Quiet Quiet is offline
retired Goon
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Bernardino County
Posts: 24,751
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Thread closed due to necroposting from a non-resident of CA.
__________________


"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Last edited by Quiet; 12-09-2019 at 6:29 PM..
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:44 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2020, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.
Tactical Pants Tactical Boots Tactical Gear Military Boots 5.11 Tactical