Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #5001  
Old 06-23-2020, 6:35 AM
XD-9Guy XD-9Guy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 3
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Good morning guys and gals.

So I have my interview scheduled for today which was scheduled in 04/28. The instructions on the email say:

ďYour CCW interview appointment is scheduled for July 6, 2020 4:00:00 PM PDT at the Riverside County Sheriffís Department located at the Ben Clark Training Center, 16791 Davis Ave, Riverside, Ca 92518.Ē

I actually rescheduled for today 06/23 in the afternoon but that was from the original email. Does this mean that it will not be over the phone? Did you guys who did it over the phone have a different email when you first scheduled ?

Thanks a lot in advance.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #5002  
Old 06-23-2020, 6:54 AM
Wozko2020 Wozko2020 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 18
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
You need to read the application requirements:

Thanks for the insert from the application requirements. Doesnít sound like much of a process to me. ď...discretion of the range master...Ē. Thatís why I was asking.

Anyone with personal experience getting something less than .380 approved?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #5003  
Old 06-23-2020, 7:04 AM
Dvrjon Dvrjon is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 7,750
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wozko2020 View Post
Thanks for the insert from the application requirements. Doesn’t sound like much of a process to me. “...discretion of the range master...”. That’s why I was asking.

Anyone with personal experience getting something less than .380 approved?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Please reread the bolded section in previous post; it is in two parts.

The “discretion” is isolated to semi-auto, single action approval, not caliber.
Quote:
No firearm smaller than a .380 caliber or larger than a .45 caliber shall be carried at any time.

Semi-auto single action firearms may be approved depending on proficiency and safe handling of the weapon. Approval will be the sole discretion of the range master and CCW Unit Staff.
__________________
"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.Ē
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently-talented fool."
"The things that come to those who wait may well be the things left by those who got there first."

Last edited by Dvrjon; 06-23-2020 at 7:40 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #5004  
Old 06-23-2020, 8:35 AM
Maulerrr's Avatar
Maulerrr Maulerrr is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Coachella Valley
Posts: 1,199
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD-9Guy View Post
Good morning guys and gals.

So I have my interview scheduled for today which was scheduled in 04/28. The instructions on the email say:

ďYour CCW interview appointment is scheduled for July 6, 2020 4:00:00 PM PDT at the Riverside County Sheriffís Department located at the Ben Clark Training Center, 16791 Davis Ave, Riverside, Ca 92518.Ē

I actually rescheduled for today 06/23 in the afternoon but that was from the original email. Does this mean that it will not be over the phone? Did you guys who did it over the phone have a different email when you first scheduled ?

Thanks a lot in advance.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I received an email 9 days before my interview that notified me the interview would be over the phone.

If you just barely squeezed in June 23 a few days ago, maybe you missed what would've been the telephone interview email.

I don't know if they resumed regular interviews or not.

I'd give them a call in advance right now if I were you.
Reply With Quote
  #5005  
Old 06-23-2020, 3:12 PM
rydtime rydtime is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 9
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Fyi interviews are in person now!
Reply With Quote
  #5006  
Old 06-23-2020, 3:18 PM
XD-9Guy XD-9Guy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 3
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydtime View Post
Fyi interviews are in person now!

Hey guys Iím back I had my interview earlier and it went well. They Are in person now. Did any of you guys use a life scan other than the ones on the list they provided? If so did it cost more than because itís not on their list? Any recommendations in the city of riverside for a good deal?
Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #5007  
Old 06-23-2020, 4:16 PM
Maulerrr's Avatar
Maulerrr Maulerrr is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Coachella Valley
Posts: 1,199
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD-9Guy View Post
Hey guys Iím back I had my interview earlier and it went well. They Are in person now. Did any of you guys use a life scan other than the ones on the list they provided? If so did it cost more than because itís not on their list? Any recommendations in the city of riverside for a good deal?
Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At the time I did my interview, all of the RSO offices were still closed because of Covid and not offering livescans.

If you scroll back this thread several pages, you can probably find some livescan services people used near you that are reasonably priced.

Mine in Palm Desert was $25.
Reply With Quote
  #5008  
Old 06-24-2020, 7:00 PM
axel4488's Avatar
axel4488 axel4488 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Moreno Valley, Ca
Posts: 1,402
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Livescanned at MVPD now MVSS. it was $10
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetguy View Post
im hoping for a milsurp shoulder thingy that goes up
Reply With Quote
  #5009  
Old 06-24-2020, 8:46 PM
calico9mm's Avatar
calico9mm calico9mm is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 92
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Yes, interview is in person at Ben Clark. I had mine on 6/17 and it went smoothly, the ccw investigator was cordial. I did my live scan at postal annex on green river road which cost more at $30 but convenient for me.
Reply With Quote
  #5010  
Old 06-24-2020, 9:31 PM
Maulerrr's Avatar
Maulerrr Maulerrr is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Coachella Valley
Posts: 1,199
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Axel and Calico, can y'all update on here whenever you receive contact or move forward after livescan?

I've been in limbo for over a month now after my livescans completed back in May. Multiple emails and voicemails sent to my background investigator and I've received no response.

Just wanna see if maybe they're all on hold or something.

Investigator Atkinson is my guy.
Reply With Quote
  #5011  
Old 06-25-2020, 2:21 PM
dwayne_q's Avatar
dwayne_q dwayne_q is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Socal - ie/oc
Posts: 16
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maulerrr View Post
Axel and Calico, can y'all update on here whenever you receive contact or move forward after livescan?

I've been in limbo for over a month now after my livescans completed back in May. Multiple emails and voicemails sent to my background investigator and I've received no response.

Just wanna see if maybe they're all on hold or something.

Investigator Atkinson is my guy.
They are backlogged. It took 20 days after I uploaded my qualification sheet before I was notified thay my modified permit was ready for pickup. I saw at least 5 investigators in the office, one being Atkinson.

I'd say be patient as you don't want your file to be reshuffled in the pile by accident.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #5012  
Old 06-26-2020, 11:59 AM
five.five-six's Avatar
five.five-six five.five-six is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 29,917
iTrader: 61 / 100%
Default

My interview appointment is scheduled for the end of September.

So, if they donít like the interview or my moral just cause statement, Iím out ~$400 for the application and training? Well, actually $800 because 5.56wife is applying too.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosdanger View Post
Dude give it up. The election is was months ago. Hillary is toast. Her political career is over.

Or do you just hate her so much you can't let go?
Reply With Quote
  #5013  
Old 06-26-2020, 1:57 PM
krbilo's Avatar
krbilo krbilo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 6
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
My interview appointment is scheduled for the end of September.

So, if they donít like the interview or my moral just cause statement, Iím out ~$400 for the application and training? Well, actually $800 because 5.56wife is applying too.

You donít have to take the training (or pay for it) until after your interview. Nor do you do the fingerprinting until afterwards. Thatís your choice if you want to do the training first or not. If they donít like your good cause statement theyíll ask you to pick a different reason or change some stuff around. If they donít like your performance during the interview because you have a violent history, seem crazy or come off as arrogant, or something similar, than yes, youíll be out the application fee most likely if they reject you.
Reply With Quote
  #5014  
Old 06-26-2020, 5:51 PM
1911.45_4Me's Avatar
1911.45_4Me 1911.45_4Me is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Somewhere in Riverside County
Posts: 210
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne_q View Post
They are backlogged. It took 20 days after I uploaded my qualification sheet before I was notified thay my modified permit was ready for pickup. I saw at least 5 investigators in the office, one being Atkinson.

I'd say be patient as you don't want your file to be reshuffled in the pile by accident.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
I was curious about this myself. I uploaded on the 5th and Added a firearm and was not sure on the status of modified CCW... I'm about the 21 day mark.

Thanks
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------------
Ecclesiastes 7:9
Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.

Last edited by 1911.45_4Me; 06-26-2020 at 5:55 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #5015  
Old 06-26-2020, 7:30 PM
Dvrjon Dvrjon is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 7,750
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
My interview appointment is scheduled for the end of September.

So, if they don’t like the interview or my moral just cause statement, I’m out ~$400 for the application and training? Well, actually $800 because 5.56wife is applying too.
First, as noted by Krbilo, above, the statute prohibits the IA from requiring training prior to GC being established.
Quote:
Ca Pen 26165 [...]
(e) The applicant shall not be required to pay for any training courses prior to the determination of good cause being made pursuant to Section 26202.
Second, Your “moral fitness” is distinct from your “Just Cause” status.
Quote:
26150. (a) When a person applies for a license to carry a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person, the sheriff of a county may issue a license to that person upon proof of all of the following:
(1) The applicant is of good moral character.
(2) Good cause exists for issuance of the license.
Cost is mitigated, as training prior to IA approval is your choice.

You need to understand that your wife’s background is different from yours.

At any rate, costs above $20 cannot be incurred prior to GC acceptance.

Something to ponder: What happens if your wife gets issued and you don’t? She has a different GC statement and background (morals) and interview.
__________________
"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.Ē
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently-talented fool."
"The things that come to those who wait may well be the things left by those who got there first."

Last edited by Dvrjon; 06-26-2020 at 7:34 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #5016  
Old 06-27-2020, 5:40 AM
vinny_land's Avatar
vinny_land vinny_land is online now
Snake..Snake? SNAAAAKKE!!
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nomad - Bako/PalmDesert
Posts: 3,096
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911.45_4Me View Post
I was curious about this myself. I uploaded on the 5th and Added a firearm and was not sure on the status of modified CCW... I'm about the 21 day mark.

Thanks
Similar case for me. Uploaded modification on the 8th and got a simple thank you response from the investigator who did my initial last year.
__________________
"1911 mag, twinkie, twinkie, cupcake, primary weapon mag"


shuttlecock
Reply With Quote
  #5017  
Old 06-27-2020, 6:05 AM
Walter Rego Walter Rego is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 60
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

I am about ready to apply for a CCW here in Riverside County. Besides listing a Commander sized .45, a .38 snubby and a compact 9mm on my permit I was thinking of something for deep concealment at times when I would be lightly clothed. A Seecamp .32 ACP seems ideal.
Nothing smaller than a .380 is allowed on a permit ?
Reply With Quote
  #5018  
Old 06-27-2020, 7:12 AM
Dvrjon Dvrjon is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 7,750
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Rego View Post
I am about ready to apply for a CCW here in Riverside County. Besides listing a Commander sized .45, a .38 snubby and a compact 9mm on my permit I was thinking of something for deep concealment at times when I would be lightly clothed. A Seecamp .32 ACP seems ideal.
Nothing smaller than a .380 is allowed on a permit ?
Post 50
__________________
"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.Ē
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently-talented fool."
"The things that come to those who wait may well be the things left by those who got there first."
Reply With Quote
  #5019  
Old 06-27-2020, 8:26 AM
Dburns Dburns is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 17
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Just picked up my permit/card yesterday, hereís a breakdown for a few guys asking recently about timeline and costs.

Overall was easy, applied just at the beginning of COVID and would have done it sooner but I was waiting on a new ID from DMV.

3/19/2020 - Applied (interview originally set for 5/15) ($122.75)

3/20/2020 - Rescheduled for May 6th (keep checking for cancellations!)

4/20/2020 - Class at Beaumont Indoor Range ($200) Casey was great. Recommended.

5/6/2020 - Phone Interview (6:30am) It was suggested I add a few more details for GC, use todayís current events around the world to emphasize your cause.

5/13/2020 - Live Scan Submitted ($30) Used my local Postal Annex in Banning

5/20/2020 - Live Scan Firearms Cleared (per website)

6/12/2020 - Emailed the dept asking for update, response was that they were waiting for DOJ letter from Sacramento

6/25/2020 - Received email with approval and final payment required ($80)

6/26/2020 - Photo and Pickup at Ben Clark, 10 minutes and done.


Total Cost $432.75 and just over 3 months, probably would have been faster if werenít for COVID. But glad itís done. Now to find the perfect holster, already donít like my basic one I had.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Applied 8/8/2017
Interview 3/8/2018
Reply With Quote
  #5020  
Old 06-27-2020, 6:59 PM
five.five-six's Avatar
five.five-six five.five-six is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 29,917
iTrader: 61 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krbilo View Post
You donít have to take the training (or pay for it) until after your interview. Nor do you do the fingerprinting until afterwards. Thatís your choice if you want to do the training first or not. If they donít like your good cause statement theyíll ask you to pick a different reason or change some stuff around. If they donít like your performance during the interview because you have a violent history, seem crazy or come off as arrogant, or something similar, than yes, youíll be out the application fee most likely if they reject you.

Iíve done work for a mental hospital for over 10 years and they always let me out so Iím good in not being crazy. No violent history so i just have to act un-rrogant.

Thatís going to be a new skill set for me
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosdanger View Post
Dude give it up. The election is was months ago. Hillary is toast. Her political career is over.

Or do you just hate her so much you can't let go?
Reply With Quote
  #5021  
Old 06-27-2020, 7:06 PM
five.five-six's Avatar
five.five-six five.five-six is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 29,917
iTrader: 61 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post

Something to ponder: What happens if your wife gets issued and you donít? She has a different GC statement and background (morals) and interview.

I suspect we will both get issued. But yea, I would NEVER live that down in my house.


In all honesty, if only one of us were issued, Iíd rather it be her. Iím a man and even though I face more exposure to dangers, Iím a guy and I keep situational awareness. A woman derives more value from a firearm than a man in most situations.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosdanger View Post
Dude give it up. The election is was months ago. Hillary is toast. Her political career is over.

Or do you just hate her so much you can't let go?
Reply With Quote
  #5022  
Old 06-28-2020, 3:50 PM
Budguy21 Budguy21 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 62
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Rego View Post
I am about ready to apply for a CCW here in Riverside County. Besides listing a Commander sized .45, a .38 snubby and a compact 9mm on my permit I was thinking of something for deep concealment at times when I would be lightly clothed. A Seecamp .32 ACP seems ideal.
Nothing smaller than a .380 is allowed on a permit ?
It clearly says nothing smaller than .380.

Look into the SIG P238. It's a very small, very lightweight 380. I can carry it in my pocket wearing sweat shorts with no belt and it doesnt pull my shorts down.
Reply With Quote
  #5023  
Old 06-28-2020, 5:31 PM
rmblaster's Avatar
rmblaster rmblaster is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Norco CA
Posts: 1,073
iTrader: 93 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Rego View Post
I am about ready to apply for a CCW here in Riverside County. Besides listing a Commander sized .45, a .38 snubby and a compact 9mm on my permit I was thinking of something for deep concealment at times when I would be lightly clothed. A Seecamp .32 ACP seems ideal.
Nothing smaller than a .380 is allowed on a permit ?
Definitely checkout the sig P238 it's a great handling small gun
Reply With Quote
  #5024  
Old 06-28-2020, 5:41 PM
Dvrjon Dvrjon is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 7,750
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
I suspect we will both get issued. But yea, I would NEVER live that down in my house.


In all honesty, if only one of us were issued, Iíd rather it be her. Iím a man and even though I face more exposure to dangers, Iím a guy and I keep situational awareness. A woman derives more value from a firearm than a man in most situations.
Sexist drivel..Consider her your bodyguard...it elevates her status and acknowledges the part she plays in the union.

Fringe benefits will ensure.
__________________
"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.Ē
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently-talented fool."
"The things that come to those who wait may well be the things left by those who got there first."
Reply With Quote
  #5025  
Old 06-28-2020, 6:32 PM
1911.45_4Me's Avatar
1911.45_4Me 1911.45_4Me is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Somewhere in Riverside County
Posts: 210
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dburns View Post
Just picked up my permit/card yesterday, hereís a breakdown for a few guys asking recently about timeline and costs.

Overall was easy, applied just at the beginning of COVID and would have done it sooner but I was waiting on a new ID from DMV.

3/19/2020 - Applied (interview originally set for 5/15) ($122.75)

3/20/2020 - Rescheduled for May 6th (keep checking for cancellations!)

4/20/2020 - Class at Beaumont Indoor Range ($200) Casey was great. Recommended.

5/6/2020 - Phone Interview (6:30am) It was suggested I add a few more details for GC, use todayís current events around the world to emphasize your cause.

5/13/2020 - Live Scan Submitted ($30) Used my local Postal Annex in Banning

5/20/2020 - Live Scan Firearms Cleared (per website)

6/12/2020 - Emailed the dept asking for update, response was that they were waiting for DOJ letter from Sacramento

6/25/2020 - Received email with approval and final payment required ($80)

6/26/2020 - Photo and Pickup at Ben Clark, 10 minutes and done.


Total Cost $432.75 and just over 3 months, probably would have been faster if werenít for COVID. But glad itís done. Now to find the perfect holster, already donít like my basic one I had.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm on Holster #3. Good luck in your quest.
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------------
Ecclesiastes 7:9
Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.
Reply With Quote
  #5026  
Old 06-28-2020, 8:05 PM
Dvrjon Dvrjon is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 7,750
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
I suspect we will both get issued. But yea, I would NEVER live that down in my house.


In all honesty, if only one of us were issued, Iíd rather it be her. Iím a man and even though I face more exposure to dangers, Iím a guy and I keep situational awareness. A woman derives more value from a firearm than a man in most situations.
Sexist drivel..Consider her your bodyguard...it elevates her status and acknowledges the part she plays in the union.

Fringe benefits will ensure.
__________________
"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.Ē
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently-talented fool."
"The things that come to those who wait may well be the things left by those who got there first."
Reply With Quote
  #5027  
Old 06-29-2020, 12:25 PM
nguy09 nguy09 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 1
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Hello all, I was wondering if a traffic stop that ended in a verbal warning would affect my ccw application
Reply With Quote
  #5028  
Old 06-29-2020, 12:50 PM
five.five-six's Avatar
five.five-six five.five-six is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 29,917
iTrader: 61 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
Sexist drivel..Consider her your bodyguard...it elevates her status and acknowledges the part she plays in the union.

Fringe benefits will ensure.
Well, I tried your advice last night and she made me late for work this morning
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosdanger View Post
Dude give it up. The election is was months ago. Hillary is toast. Her political career is over.

Or do you just hate her so much you can't let go?
Reply With Quote
  #5029  
Old 06-29-2020, 2:19 PM
Maulerrr's Avatar
Maulerrr Maulerrr is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Coachella Valley
Posts: 1,199
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

After weeks of no response from emails or phone calls, I got the text message notification telling me my CCW application was approved!

Just picked it up wooooo
Reply With Quote
  #5030  
Old 06-29-2020, 6:52 PM
Dvrjon Dvrjon is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 7,750
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
Well, I tried your advice last night and she made me late for work this morning
You're welcome.
__________________
"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.Ē
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently-talented fool."
"The things that come to those who wait may well be the things left by those who got there first."
Reply With Quote
  #5031  
Old 06-29-2020, 6:53 PM
Dvrjon Dvrjon is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 7,750
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nguy09 View Post
Hello all, I was wondering if a traffic stop that ended in a verbal warning would affect my ccw application
No, but include it in your application.
__________________
"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.Ē
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently-talented fool."
"The things that come to those who wait may well be the things left by those who got there first."
Reply With Quote
  #5032  
Old 06-29-2020, 9:08 PM
rydtime rydtime is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 9
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dburns View Post
Just picked up my permit/card yesterday, here’s a breakdown for a few guys asking recently about timeline and costs.

Overall was easy, applied just at the beginning of COVID and would have done it sooner but I was waiting on a new ID from DMV.

3/19/2020 - Applied (interview originally set for 5/15) ($122.75)

3/20/2020 - Rescheduled for May 6th (keep checking for cancellations!)

4/20/2020 - Class at Beaumont Indoor Range ($200) Casey was great. Recommended.

5/6/2020 - Phone Interview (6:30am) It was suggested I add a few more details for GC, use today’s current events around the world to emphasize your cause.

5/13/2020 - Live Scan Submitted ($30) Used my local Postal Annex in Banning

5/20/2020 - Live Scan Firearms Cleared (per website)

6/12/2020 - Emailed the dept asking for update, response was that they were waiting for DOJ letter from Sacramento

6/25/2020 - Received email with approval and final payment required ($80)

6/26/2020 - Photo and Pickup at Ben Clark, 10 minutes and done.


Total Cost $432.75 and just over 3 months, probably would have been faster if weren’t for COVID. But glad it’s done. Now to find the perfect holster, already don’t like my basic one I had.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Were you notified to come pick up your permit or did you just show up? I’ve been approved for 8 days and no response to emails.

Last edited by rydtime; 06-29-2020 at 9:08 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote
  #5033  
Old 06-29-2020, 9:09 PM
1911.45_4Me's Avatar
1911.45_4Me 1911.45_4Me is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Somewhere in Riverside County
Posts: 210
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

You will be notified when to pick up
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------------
Ecclesiastes 7:9
Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.
Reply With Quote
  #5034  
Old 06-30-2020, 6:44 PM
VWBus VWBus is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 6
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911.45_4Me View Post
You will be notified when to pick up
Try not to confuse others, its not a notification in person. When approved, it's a computer generated message via your email notifying you of dates/times for pickup.
Reply With Quote
  #5035  
Old 06-30-2020, 6:47 PM
1911.45_4Me's Avatar
1911.45_4Me 1911.45_4Me is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Somewhere in Riverside County
Posts: 210
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBus View Post
Try not to confuse others, its not a notification in person. When approved, it's a computer generated message via your email notifying you of dates/times for pickup.
Exactly.....

Everything has been by email so,

They will be notified
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------------
Ecclesiastes 7:9
Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.
Reply With Quote
  #5036  
Old 07-02-2020, 10:12 AM
9mmContagion's Avatar
9mmContagion 9mmContagion is offline
👀Theyíre Watching 👀
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Riv. County
Posts: 3,919
iTrader: 165 / 99%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dburns View Post
Now to find the perfect holster, already donít like my basic one I had.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tier 1 Concealed and never look back. Remember, appendix may take some getting used to, but it will end up being your favorite carry position
Reply With Quote
  #5037  
Old 07-03-2020, 2:21 PM
thisisthenewsic thisisthenewsic is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 26
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

1 week from when i put in my modification to add my glock 45 mos in, to getting approved! picked up yesterday
Reply With Quote
  #5038  
Old 07-03-2020, 2:23 PM
thisisthenewsic thisisthenewsic is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 26
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmContagion View Post
Tier 1 Concealed and never look back. Remember, appendix may take some getting used to, but it will end up being your favorite carry position

100% agree. ive gotten used to wearing my appendix holster by tier 1. glock 19 with surefire x300 light is long but after getting used to it doesnt bother me anymore. look into their wedge sets. helps conceal and pushed the holster out a little bit in the center to help with it not digging into your leg when sitting.
Reply With Quote
  #5039  
Old 07-03-2020, 5:08 PM
1911.45_4Me's Avatar
1911.45_4Me 1911.45_4Me is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Somewhere in Riverside County
Posts: 210
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisthenewsic View Post
1 week from when i put in my modification to add my glock 45 mos in, to getting approved! picked up yesterday
They did your Mod in 45 days? Iím coming up on 30 days since my Mod.
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------------
Ecclesiastes 7:9
Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.
Reply With Quote
  #5040  
Old 07-05-2020, 5:32 PM
thisisthenewsic thisisthenewsic is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 26
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911.45_4Me View Post
They did your Mod in 45 days? Iím coming up on 30 days since my Mod.
no, my modification took 1 week.

i added my glock 45 mos to my permit.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:30 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2020, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.
Tactical Pants Tactical Boots Tactical Gear Military Boots 5.11 Tactical