Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 06-23-2020, 6:35 AM

Good morning guys and gals.

So I have my interview scheduled for today which was scheduled in 04/28. The instructions on the email say:

ďYour CCW interview appointment is scheduled for July 6, 2020 4:00:00 PM PDT at the Riverside County Sheriffís Department located at the Ben Clark Training Center, 16791 Davis Ave, Riverside, Ca 92518.Ē

I actually rescheduled for today 06/23 in the afternoon but that was from the original email. Does this mean that it will not be over the phone? Did you guys who did it over the phone have a different email when you first scheduled ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2020, 6:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
You need to read the application requirements:

Thanks for the insert from the application requirements. Doesnít sound like much of a process to me. ď...discretion of the range master...Ē. Thatís why I was asking.

Anyone with personal experience getting something less than .380 approved?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2020, 7:04 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wozko2020 View Post
Thanks for the insert from the application requirements. Doesn’t sound like much of a process to me. “...discretion of the range master...”. That’s why I was asking.

Anyone with personal experience getting something less than .380 approved?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Please reread the bolded section in previous post; it is in two parts.

The “discretion” is isolated to semi-auto, single action approval, not caliber.
Quote:
No firearm smaller than a .380 caliber or larger than a .45 caliber shall be carried at any time.

Semi-auto single action firearms may be approved depending on proficiency and safe handling of the weapon. Approval will be the sole discretion of the range master and CCW Unit Staff.

Last edited by Dvrjon; 06-23-2020 at 7:40 AM..
Old 06-23-2020, 8:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD-9Guy View Post
Good morning guys and gals.

So I have my interview scheduled for today which was scheduled in 04/28. The instructions on the email say:

ďYour CCW interview appointment is scheduled for July 6, 2020 4:00:00 PM PDT at the Riverside County Sheriffís Department located at the Ben Clark Training Center, 16791 Davis Ave, Riverside, Ca 92518.Ē

I actually rescheduled for today 06/23 in the afternoon but that was from the original email. Does this mean that it will not be over the phone? Did you guys who did it over the phone have a different email when you first scheduled ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

I received an email 9 days before my interview that notified me the interview would be over the phone.

If you just barely squeezed in June 23 a few days ago, maybe you missed what would've been the telephone interview email.

I don't know if they resumed regular interviews or not.

I'd give them a call in advance right now if I were you.
Old 06-23-2020, 3:12 PM

Fyi interviews are in person now!
Old 06-23-2020, 3:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydtime View Post
Fyi interviews are in person now!

Hey guys Iím back I had my interview earlier and it went well. They Are in person now. Did any of you guys use a life scan other than the ones on the list they provided? If so did it cost more than because itís not on their list? Any recommendations in the city of riverside for a good deal?
Thanks

Old 06-23-2020, 4:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD-9Guy View Post
Hey guys Iím back I had my interview earlier and it went well. They Are in person now. Did any of you guys use a life scan other than the ones on the list they provided? If so did it cost more than because itís not on their list? Any recommendations in the city of riverside for a good deal?
Thanks

At the time I did my interview, all of the RSO offices were still closed because of Covid and not offering livescans.

If you scroll back this thread several pages, you can probably find some livescan services people used near you that are reasonably priced.

Mine in Palm Desert was $25.
Old 06-24-2020, 7:00 PM

Livescanned at MVPD now MVSS. it was $10
Old 06-24-2020, 8:46 PM

Yes, interview is in person at Ben Clark. I had mine on 6/17 and it went smoothly, the ccw investigator was cordial. I did my live scan at postal annex on green river road which cost more at $30 but convenient for me.
Old 06-24-2020, 9:31 PM

Axel and Calico, can y'all update on here whenever you receive contact or move forward after livescan?

I've been in limbo for over a month now after my livescans completed back in May. Multiple emails and voicemails sent to my background investigator and I've received no response.

Just wanna see if maybe they're all on hold or something.

Investigator Atkinson is my guy.
Old 06-25-2020, 2:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maulerrr View Post
Axel and Calico, can y'all update on here whenever you receive contact or move forward after livescan?

I've been in limbo for over a month now after my livescans completed back in May. Multiple emails and voicemails sent to my background investigator and I've received no response.

Just wanna see if maybe they're all on hold or something.

Investigator Atkinson is my guy.
They are backlogged. It took 20 days after I uploaded my qualification sheet before I was notified thay my modified permit was ready for pickup. I saw at least 5 investigators in the office, one being Atkinson.

I'd say be patient as you don't want your file to be reshuffled in the pile by accident.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2020, 11:59 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

My interview appointment is scheduled for the end of September.

So, if they donít like the interview or my moral just cause statement, Iím out ~$400 for the application and training? Well, actually $800 because 5.56wife is applying too.

Or do you just hate her so much you can't let go?
Old 06-26-2020, 1:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post

So, if they donít like the interview or my moral just cause statement, Iím out ~$400 for the application and training? Well, actually $800 because 5.56wife is applying too.

You donít have to take the training (or pay for it) until after your interview. Nor do you do the fingerprinting until afterwards. Thatís your choice if you want to do the training first or not. If they donít like your good cause statement theyíll ask you to pick a different reason or change some stuff around. If they donít like your performance during the interview because you have a violent history, seem crazy or come off as arrogant, or something similar, than yes, youíll be out the application fee most likely if they reject you.
Old 06-26-2020, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne_q View Post
They are backlogged. It took 20 days after I uploaded my qualification sheet before I was notified thay my modified permit was ready for pickup. I saw at least 5 investigators in the office, one being Atkinson.

I'd say be patient as you don't want your file to be reshuffled in the pile by accident.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
I was curious about this myself. I uploaded on the 5th and Added a firearm and was not sure on the status of modified CCW... I'm about the 21 day mark.

Thanks

Last edited by 1911.45_4Me; 06-26-2020 at 5:55 PM..
Old 06-26-2020, 7:30 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

So, if they don’t like the interview or my moral just cause statement, I’m out ~$400 for the application and training? Well, actually $800 because 5.56wife is applying too.
First, as noted by Krbilo, above, the statute prohibits the IA from requiring training prior to GC being established.
Quote:
Ca Pen 26165 [...]
(e) The applicant shall not be required to pay for any training courses prior to the determination of good cause being made pursuant to Section 26202.
Second, Your “moral fitness” is distinct from your “Just Cause” status.
Quote:
26150. (a) When a person applies for a license to carry a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person, the sheriff of a county may issue a license to that person upon proof of all of the following:
(1) The applicant is of good moral character.
(2) Good cause exists for issuance of the license.
Cost is mitigated, as training prior to IA approval is your choice.

You need to understand that your wife’s background is different from yours.

At any rate, costs above $20 cannot be incurred prior to GC acceptance.

Something to ponder: What happens if your wife gets issued and you don’t? She has a different GC statement and background (morals) and interview.

Last edited by Dvrjon; 06-26-2020 at 7:34 PM..
Old 06-27-2020, 5:40 AM
Snake..Snake? SNAAAAKKE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911.45_4Me View Post
I was curious about this myself. I uploaded on the 5th and Added a firearm and was not sure on the status of modified CCW... I'm about the 21 day mark.

Thanks
Similar case for me. Uploaded modification on the 8th and got a simple thank you response from the investigator who did my initial last year.

shuttlecock
Old 06-27-2020, 6:05 AM

I am about ready to apply for a CCW here in Riverside County. Besides listing a Commander sized .45, a .38 snubby and a compact 9mm on my permit I was thinking of something for deep concealment at times when I would be lightly clothed. A Seecamp .32 ACP seems ideal.
Nothing smaller than a .380 is allowed on a permit ?
Old 06-27-2020, 7:12 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Rego View Post
I am about ready to apply for a CCW here in Riverside County. Besides listing a Commander sized .45, a .38 snubby and a compact 9mm on my permit I was thinking of something for deep concealment at times when I would be lightly clothed. A Seecamp .32 ACP seems ideal.
Post 50
Old 06-27-2020, 8:26 AM

Just picked up my permit/card yesterday, hereís a breakdown for a few guys asking recently about timeline and costs.

Overall was easy, applied just at the beginning of COVID and would have done it sooner but I was waiting on a new ID from DMV.

3/19/2020 - Applied (interview originally set for 5/15) ($122.75)

3/20/2020 - Rescheduled for May 6th (keep checking for cancellations!)

4/20/2020 - Class at Beaumont Indoor Range ($200) Casey was great. Recommended.

5/6/2020 - Phone Interview (6:30am) It was suggested I add a few more details for GC, use todayís current events around the world to emphasize your cause.

5/13/2020 - Live Scan Submitted ($30) Used my local Postal Annex in Banning

5/20/2020 - Live Scan Firearms Cleared (per website)

6/12/2020 - Emailed the dept asking for update, response was that they were waiting for DOJ letter from Sacramento

6/25/2020 - Received email with approval and final payment required ($80)

6/26/2020 - Photo and Pickup at Ben Clark, 10 minutes and done.

Total Cost $432.75 and just over 3 months, probably would have been faster if werenít for COVID. But glad itís done. Now to find the perfect holster, already donít like my basic one I had.

Old 06-27-2020, 6:59 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by krbilo View Post
You donít have to take the training (or pay for it) until after your interview. Nor do you do the fingerprinting until afterwards. Thatís your choice if you want to do the training first or not. If they donít like your good cause statement theyíll ask you to pick a different reason or change some stuff around. If they donít like your performance during the interview because you have a violent history, seem crazy or come off as arrogant, or something similar, than yes, youíll be out the application fee most likely if they reject you.

Iíve done work for a mental hospital for over 10 years and they always let me out so Iím good in not being crazy. No violent history so i just have to act un-rrogant.

Thatís going to be a new skill set for me

Old 06-27-2020, 7:06 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Something to ponder: What happens if your wife gets issued and you donít? She has a different GC statement and background (morals) and interview.

I suspect we will both get issued. But yea, I would NEVER live that down in my house.

In all honesty, if only one of us were issued, Iíd rather it be her. Iím a man and even though I face more exposure to dangers, Iím a guy and I keep situational awareness. A woman derives more value from a firearm than a man in most situations.

Old 06-28-2020, 3:50 PM

Quote:
It clearly says nothing smaller than .380.

Look into the SIG P238. It's a very small, very lightweight 380. I can carry it in my pocket wearing sweat shorts with no belt and it doesnt pull my shorts down.
Old 06-28-2020, 5:31 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Definitely checkout the sig P238 it's a great handling small gun
Old 06-28-2020, 5:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I suspect we will both get issued. But yea, I would NEVER live that down in my house.

In all honesty, if only one of us were issued, Iíd rather it be her. Iím a man and even though I face more exposure to dangers, Iím a guy and I keep situational awareness. A woman derives more value from a firearm than a man in most situations.
Sexist drivel..Consider her your bodyguard...it elevates her status and acknowledges the part she plays in the union.

Fringe benefits will ensure.
Old 06-28-2020, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dburns View Post
Just picked up my permit/card yesterday, hereís a breakdown for a few guys asking recently about timeline and costs.

Overall was easy, applied just at the beginning of COVID and would have done it sooner but I was waiting on a new ID from DMV.

5/6/2020 - Phone Interview (6:30am) It was suggested I add a few more details for GC, use todayís current events around the world to emphasize your cause.

6/12/2020 - Emailed the dept asking for update, response was that they were waiting for DOJ letter from Sacramento

Total Cost $432.75 and just over 3 months, probably would have been faster if werenít for COVID. But glad itís done. Now to find the perfect holster, already donít like my basic one I had.

I'm on Holster #3. Good luck in your quest.
Old 06-28-2020, 8:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Sexist drivel..Consider her your bodyguard...it elevates her status and acknowledges the part she plays in the union.

Old 06-29-2020, 12:25 PM

Hello all, I was wondering if a traffic stop that ended in a verbal warning would affect my ccw application
Old 06-29-2020, 12:50 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Well, I tried your advice last night and she made me late for work this morning

Old 06-29-2020, 2:19 PM

After weeks of no response from emails or phone calls, I got the text message notification telling me my CCW application was approved!

Just picked it up wooooo
Old 06-29-2020, 6:52 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Well, I tried your advice last night and she made me late for work this morning
You're welcome.
Old 06-29-2020, 6:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nguy09 View Post
Hello all, I was wondering if a traffic stop that ended in a verbal warning would affect my ccw application
No, but include it in your application.
Old 06-29-2020, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Just picked up my permit/card yesterday, here’s a breakdown for a few guys asking recently about timeline and costs.

5/6/2020 - Phone Interview (6:30am) It was suggested I add a few more details for GC, use today’s current events around the world to emphasize your cause.

Total Cost $432.75 and just over 3 months, probably would have been faster if weren’t for COVID. But glad it’s done. Now to find the perfect holster, already don’t like my basic one I had.

Were you notified to come pick up your permit or did you just show up? I’ve been approved for 8 days and no response to emails.

Last edited by rydtime; 06-29-2020 at 9:08 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-29-2020, 9:09 PM

You will be notified when to pick up
Old 06-30-2020, 6:44 PM

Quote:
You will be notified when to pick up
Try not to confuse others, its not a notification in person. When approved, it's a computer generated message via your email notifying you of dates/times for pickup.
Old 06-30-2020, 6:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBus View Post
Try not to confuse others, its not a notification in person. When approved, it's a computer generated message via your email notifying you of dates/times for pickup.
Exactly.....

Everything has been by email so,

They will be notified
Old 07-02-2020, 10:12 AM
👀Theyíre Watching 👀
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Now to find the perfect holster, already donít like my basic one I had.

Tier 1 Concealed and never look back. Remember, appendix may take some getting used to, but it will end up being your favorite carry position
Old 07-03-2020, 2:21 PM

1 week from when i put in my modification to add my glock 45 mos in, to getting approved! picked up yesterday
Old 07-03-2020, 2:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmContagion View Post
Tier 1 Concealed and never look back. Remember, appendix may take some getting used to, but it will end up being your favorite carry position

100% agree. ive gotten used to wearing my appendix holster by tier 1. glock 19 with surefire x300 light is long but after getting used to it doesnt bother me anymore. look into their wedge sets. helps conceal and pushed the holster out a little bit in the center to help with it not digging into your leg when sitting.
Old 07-03-2020, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisthenewsic View Post
1 week from when i put in my modification to add my glock 45 mos in, to getting approved! picked up yesterday
They did your Mod in 45 days? Iím coming up on 30 days since my Mod.
Old 07-05-2020, 5:32 PM

Quote:
They did your Mod in 45 days? Iím coming up on 30 days since my Mod.
no, my modification took 1 week.

i added my glock 45 mos to my permit.