Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8201  
Old 01-10-2022, 8:48 PM
deepspacedrifter2071's Avatar
deepspacedrifter2071 deepspacedrifter2071 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: IE
Posts: 48
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Na7e View Post
Same here....just waiting....sucks. Soo close yet soo far

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

When was your interview? Mine was back in November


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #8202  
Old 01-10-2022, 11:53 PM
tonyt22's Avatar
tonyt22 tonyt22 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Hesperia
Posts: 405
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

I may be over thinking this as I'm filling out my pre interview packet what counts as a run in with a neighbor?
Reply With Quote
  #8203  
Old 01-12-2022, 4:23 PM
only_milsurp only_milsurp is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Timeline:

08/26/21 - Applied

11/05/21 - Interview

Waiting to receive the call....
Reply With Quote
  #8204  
Old 01-13-2022, 6:42 AM
Na7e Na7e is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 155
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Good luck bro. We r all waiting. Right now everything is on hold due to covid. So I guess be patient n hope we all get a call.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #8205  
Old 01-13-2022, 8:54 AM
num1dude13 num1dude13 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 85
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Na7e View Post
Good luck bro. We r all waiting. Right now everything is on hold due to covid. So I guess be patient n hope we all get a call.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yeah I can't even get a reply by email.
__________________
Using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #8206  
Old 01-13-2022, 4:11 PM
CMSGTHOKAGE CMSGTHOKAGE is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 49
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default Employment Verification

Probably a dumb question, but the Employment Verification form is that something I bring in to my own workplace and have my supervisor sign then bring into the interview with the rest of the forms? Or do they have to mail/fax it into the CCW unit?

And also, can it be the secretary or does it have to be a direct supervisor or facility manager?
Reply With Quote
  #8207  
Old 01-13-2022, 4:28 PM
Quiet's Avatar
Quiet Quiet is offline
retired Goon
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Bernardino County
Posts: 27,305
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMSGTHOKAGE View Post
Probably a dumb question, but the Employment Verification form is that something I bring in to my own workplace and have my supervisor sign then bring into the interview with the rest of the forms? Or do they have to mail/fax it into the CCW unit?

And also, can it be the secretary or does it have to be a direct supervisor or facility manager?
After your initial interview...

The Employment Verification is mailed to your employer by the SBCSD CCW unit.
It is typically directed to your work's HR department.

After your employer or their representative (HR department) fills out the Employment Verification, they mail it back to the SBCSD CCW unit.
__________________
Certified Glock Armorer

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Reply With Quote
  #8208  
Old 01-14-2022, 3:18 PM
CMSGTHOKAGE CMSGTHOKAGE is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 49
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
After your initial interview...

The Employment Verification is mailed to your employer by the SBCSD CCW unit.
It is typically directed to your work's HR department.

After your employer or their representative (HR department) fills out the Employment Verification, they mail it back to the SBCSD CCW unit.
Oh alright, I was wondering how it was done since the initial application instructions say to fill out ALL the documents listed on the website. But it didn’t list the Employment Verification form on the docs to bring to the initial interview. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #8209  
Old 01-14-2022, 4:08 PM
Kidster Kidster is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 189
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Had my interview on 9/3 and still waiting. Per SBCSD CCW unit it can take up to 9 months for the background check.
Reply With Quote
  #8210  
Old 01-15-2022, 9:48 AM
Syntax Error's Avatar
Syntax Error Syntax Error is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 캘리포니아인민공화국
Posts: 3,801
iTrader: 80 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
After your initial interview...

The Employment Verification is mailed to your employer by the SBCSD CCW unit.
It is typically directed to your work's HR department.

After your employer or their representative (HR department) fills out the Employment Verification, they mail it back to the SBCSD CCW unit.
Could a direct supervisor be the target of the employer verification form? I'm not comfortable broadcasting to my HR department that I'm applying for a CCW, personally.
Reply With Quote
  #8211  
Old 01-15-2022, 10:44 AM
morrcarr67's Avatar
morrcarr67 morrcarr67 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CA
Posts: 13,292
iTrader: 29 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntax Error View Post
Could a direct supervisor be the target of the employer verification form? I'm not comfortable broadcasting to my HR department that I'm applying for a CCW, personally.
Don't know if you can request that.

I can tell you what I did. I give the address to the location I worked at. I told my supervisor what I was doing and to expect a letter. He told the person who gets the mail to keep an eye out for it. When it showed up they gave it to him and he took care of it.

Sent from my OnePlus Nord N10 5G using Tapatalk
__________________
Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post

”Benitez 3:29 Thou shall not limit magazine capacity”
Reply With Quote
  #8212  
Old 01-19-2022, 6:27 PM
Jeronskie Jeronskie is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 11
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default CCW RANGE DAY RESCHEDULED

Hey everyone

Guess we're all kind of at the mercy of COVID at the moment. Just like everyone on this thread, my range day was postponed for a later date. I'll keep everyone posted if there is any update with a new date. Just need to wait and see. Here's my updated timeline thus far:

Timeline:

08/03/21 - Applied

10/20/21 - Interview

12/7/2021 - Received the call

01/06/2022 - RANGE DAY RESCHEDULED

01/18/2022 - Received email from SBSD stating range date is still tentative and would send a follow up email when a date has been confirmed

(Scheduled Range Day January 8th, 2022)
Reply With Quote
  #8213  
Old 01-20-2022, 12:54 AM
Syntax Error's Avatar
Syntax Error Syntax Error is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 캘리포니아인민공화국
Posts: 3,801
iTrader: 80 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
Don't know if you can request that.

I can tell you what I did. I give the address to the location I worked at. I told my supervisor what I was doing and to expect a letter. He told the person who gets the mail to keep an eye out for it. When it showed up they gave it to him and he took care of it.

Sent from my OnePlus Nord N10 5G using Tapatalk
Just had my interview today. They said it was fine if the letter went to a direct supervisor. Just gotta make sure it actually reaches said direct supervisor which I did with the address given for the mail to be sent.
Reply With Quote
  #8214  
Old 01-20-2022, 6:47 AM
morrcarr67's Avatar
morrcarr67 morrcarr67 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CA
Posts: 13,292
iTrader: 29 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntax Error View Post
Just had my interview today. They said it was fine if the letter went to a direct supervisor. Just gotta make sure it actually reaches said direct supervisor which I did with the address given for the mail to be sent.
Nice.

Sent from my OnePlus Nord N10 5G using Tapatalk
__________________
Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post

”Benitez 3:29 Thou shall not limit magazine capacity”
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:00 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2021, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.



Seams2SewBySusy

Tactical Pants Tactical Boots Military Boots 5.11 Tactical