Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Blades, Bows and Tools
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Blades, Bows and Tools Discussion of non-firearm weapons and camping/survival tools.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2020, 7:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crufflers View Post
Collecting to appreciate in $$$? Probably not. I want one or two for sure. I bet if they stop making a certain model or handle style, it'll be worth more to someone and you might find them on the Internet, but if you are collecting to sell a $200-$500 knife for $300-$1000 in a few years, you probably want to collect BUSSE. IMHO, the traditional brand would be GEC. Both of those have small batch releases that do not roll around again for years if ever. BUSSE probably won't even make a TGLB again, etc... GEC Beer Scouts were about $90 when released but you'd be lucky to find one and pay $150 now... maybe easier to get one at $200.

For the enjoyment of building and keeping a collection of cool knives, I'd collect Blackjack... if they are as good as they look. I'd collect Kabar, and OKC too.

I just bought a $60 Cold Steel Survivalist... I know it won't be worth twice as much in a couple years if they are still making them. But you never know... I had a XL Talwar and those are $$$ now because they stopped making them and they were probably the best looking waveable CS behemoth.
Like guns, I never sell them. I was just wondering what would be a good investment, Quality.
I'm very impressed with the Blackjack knives. I'll probably purchase a few more of them and then move on to another brand. I have a few folding knives that I use off and on for carry, depends on what and where but I'm not really a lover of them.

MLC________________________________

Happiness is a warm gun