Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Discussions of Faith
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2018, 5:15 AM
Veteran Member

For those who want to read it for themselves, here is a link to all verses that mention 'hell' in the Bible.

What does the Bible say about hell?
Old 04-09-2018, 8:55 AM

There is no eternal damnation in hell.
We reincarnate with all of the good and bad karma we have accumulated and keep coming back until it is all worked out.
"Be ye perfect..."
We are like Prodigal Sons and God is patiently waiting for us to come back home.
Ultimately we all achieve this.
Old 04-09-2018, 3:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
We reincarnate with all of the good and bad karma we have accumulated and keep coming back until it is all worked out.
"Be ye perfect..."
We are like Prodigal Sons and God is patiently waiting for us to come back home.
Hebrews 9:27 And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,

"Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason- I do not accept the authority of popes and councils [i.e. any man]- my conscience is captive to the Word of God." Martin Luther
Old 04-09-2018, 3:44 PM
Just Me
CGN Contributor

“Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.’ Then they themselves also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?’ Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.” – Matthew 25: 41-46

Hi Duke, and thank you for these thought provoking questions. Here is what I provide as answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
For those of you who believe in hell, do you believe that people who's souls end up in hell are:

A) big time dirt bags in real life, i.e., serial killers child abusers, etc., or

B) those that deny Jesus Christ, or

C) both?
I guess I would fall under the category of ‘B.’ I am reminded of what John wrote in Revelation regarding the New Jerusalem, that nothing unclean will enter:

“…and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.” – Revelation 21:27

The Bible tells us that to become clean, we must be washed in the blood of Christ.

“…but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.” – 1 John 1:7

“…and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and released us from our sins by His blood” – Revelation 1:5

Even those who might come to Him, but do not obey him, in effect deny him.

“Why do you call Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?” – Luke 6:46

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.” – Matthew 7:21

Quote:
If you believe the pedos, Dahmer, Hitlers and Clinton's will burn forever, didn't Jesus die for ALL of our sins? Or was there a list he submitted of exceptions? Do you believe that Jesus' sacrifice was only worth absolving white collar criminals, petty criminals and average Jerks? Is that all God's only born son was worth?
Jesus indeed sacrificed Himself for all.

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” - John 3:16

“The Spirit and the bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost.” – Revelation 22:17

But we must also remember that Jesus said this:

“Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.” – Matthew 7:13-14

“He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.” – John 3:36

Quote:
If you believe that anyone who rejects God goes to hell, do you believe that all the mass killers who repented, all the child murderers who had death row conversions, and all the dead human traffickers who God fearingly wore gold crosses around their necks are sitting in heaven, yet the Dalai Lama, Gandhi and every Rabbi will rot In hades for eternity?
The Bible describes belief as necessary.

“Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.” – John 8:24

“He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.” – Mark 16:16

“And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.” – Hebrews 11:6

Repentance also is crucial.

“Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent, because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead.” – Acts 17:30,31

“For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation, but the sorrow of the world produces death.” – 2 Corinthians 7:10

In Acts 10 Cornelius is described as a very good and religious man. Cornelius was a worshiper of the true God, he was a man of prayer, he was kindhearted and generous. But in spite of his faith and good deeds, Cornelius was not saved. This is evident by Acts 11:13,14 where He was told by an angel of God to send for Peter who could instruct him on how to be saved.

So it would seem that being a good person, or even a good religious person, does not contain the keys to the Kingdom. As much as we might dislike it or disagree, the Bible illustrates to us that there are people who have lived very good lives who will not find salvation and people who have done horrendous things that may find forgiveness.

Quote:
And as a bonus question; for those of you who feel your beloved Aunt Percy is 'smiling down from heaven' and that Osama Bin Laden is 'rotting in hell', then you must believe that God has somehow already passed judgment on all dead people and is doing so on a rolling basis? For you, do you still believe in the biblical judgement day? Do you believe there will be a second coming? What would be the purpose, in your mind, if God's already sorting and filing all the souls as they come in? Seems kind of redundant and unnecessary to me.
I believe we will all be judged on the same day.

“But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.” – Matthew 25: 31-33

“Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself; and He gave Him authority to execute judgment, because He is the Son of Man. Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.” – John 5:25-29
Mark 16:16
Old 04-09-2018, 8:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
"Be ye perfect..."
^^^ 100% unbiblical on a Christian standpoint.

It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Old 04-10-2018, 1:09 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
"Be ye perfect..."
i am curious, what religion do you follow? totally agree with ya about the karmic cycle, but not with the part about "God patiently waiting".

burn the circus down cuz the world is full of clowns
Old 04-10-2018, 9:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billvau View Post
Hebrews 9:27 And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,
Correct.
Our material body dies, then the law of cause and effect (Karma) determines our spiritual status (judgment) and our Spirit reincarnates in another physical body that will aid in our spiritual development towards getting back home to God from which we have fallen from.
Old 04-10-2018, 9:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
^^^ 100% unbiblical on a Christian standpoint.
Some would disagree on that but this is a Discussion of Faith forum.
Some believe if something is not in the Bible it isn't true.
Is that what you are alluding to?
Old 04-10-2018, 9:41 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Correct.
Our material body dies, then the law of cause and effect (Karma) determines our spiritual status (judgment) and our Spirit reincarnates in another physical body that will aid in our spiritual development towards getting back home to God from which we have fallen from.
If reincarnation is true, does Joseph Stalin and Adolph Hitler get to come back for a "do over"?

Jesus Christ lived a perfect, sinless life. Does he need to be reincarnated?

What caused us to fall from the home where we were with God?

Will my dog who died be reincarnated until he reaches "spiritual development"? Plants? Fish? Grasshoppers? Dodo birds?

What evidence is there for "the law of cause and effect (Karma)" and where are the "determinations" listed so that I can read them?

Thank you for your time.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
If reincarnation is true, does Joseph Stalin and Adolph Hitler get to come back for a "do over"?

Well, God does make that decision but I would say Yes.

Jesus Christ lived a perfect, sinless life. Does he need to be reincarnated?

Of course not. Why would He need to?

What caused us to fall from the home where we were with God?

God created this material world for our enjoyment. By participating in it and getting wrapped up with "desires" for wealth, fame, sensory gratification, etc., man over time became material minded to the point (for some) of forgetting his spiritual "roots".

Will my dog who died be reincarnated until he reaches "spiritual development"? Plants? Fish? Grasshoppers? Dodo birds?

Some do believe this. I do not.

What evidence is there for "the law of cause and effect (Karma)" and where are the "determinations" listed so that I can read them?

You reap what you sow.
Live by the sword, die by the sword.
Sound familiar? (hint: It's in the Bible)

"Determinations"?
Read the Ten Commandments.

Thank you for your time.
Good questions. Thanks for the reply.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:26 PM
Progressives Suck!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

All I know is that the Pope is denying the word of God... Good luck to him...
Old 04-11-2018, 5:12 AM

Quote:
Correct.
How would you prove this from the Bible?

Thanks.

"Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason- I do not accept the authority of popes and councils [i.e. any man]- my conscience is captive to the Word of God." Martin Luther
Old 04-11-2018, 5:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthomas View Post
So, you are a crap head all your life, steal, lie, cheat, rape, murder and at the end on the death bed waiting for the needle, you say the prayer, you die a Christian and go to heaven. All about choices.

1 Corinthians 15 states the Gospel pretty clearly. It has an interesting verse:

152: “By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.”
**1 Corinthians‬ *15:2‬

Would what you described be “believing in vain”? Would you be willing to bet your eternal fate on it?
Old 04-11-2018, 7:57 AM
Veteran Member

"For the living know that they will die;
But the dead know nothing,
And they have no more reward,
For the memory of them is forgotten.

Also their love, their hatred, and their envy have now perished;
Nevermore will they have a share
In anything done under the sun."

Ecclesiastes 9:5-6

Per God, it sounds like there is no reincarnation. I'll trust in what the scripture says.
Old 04-11-2018, 7:12 PM

T.he Jesus that died for us said that we must be born of the water and the Spirit. Jn. 3:5 . He also said: I you believe not that I am he (the God of Moses) you shall die in your sins. In Matthew 16:16 Jesus gave Peter the KEYS TO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. Peter used them on the day of Pentecost and told us what we must do,he said: Acts 2:38 Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus christ for the remission of sin, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is onto you and to your children and all that are afar off as many as the Lord our God shall call. If he is calling you obey his word. He will surly leave you a blessing. D. Halstead
Old 04-12-2018, 11:23 AM
From anotha motha
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Duke,
Yes, you might be less immoral than Hitler, but more immoral than Mother Teresa on the morality scale. My pastor used this visualization. Let's pretend you are all standing side by side on a line. Hitler is on the left, you are 3 feet to the right of him and MT is 3 feet to the right of you. Well, God is to the right of MT in New York! From NY, the distance between the three of you is insignificant.

We can feel good about ourselves comparing ourselves to the dredges of society, but in comparison to God''s holiness, we're all sinners just the same.

For All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.
Old 04-12-2018, 8:28 PM

I believe that Jesus’ sacrifice was enough to pay the price for all of our sins.

So now we can accept Gods grace, or reject it since we still have free will.

Man isn’t sent to hell for rejecting God, but he goes willingly.

Now, only God knows if someone truly knows what he is doing when he sins.
Remember when he said forgive them for they know not what they do? He included all the followers who denied Him as well as the executioners.
Part of being forgiven is accepting Gods grace or we reject it.

I believe, that since there were angels who were fully capable of rejecting God, and they are wise beyond us, that there are humans who are capable of such unapologetic evil that they would wind up in hell in full rejection of God.

People are capable of such hatred and pride, that I do believe it is possible.

But Hell wasnt made for us. It was created for the angels who wanted separation from God. And it is They who try to lure us as further rebellion toward God.

I think perhaps God is more forgiving than we can imagine, even for what we feel are horrendous acts. Nothing surprises God since he knows us better than we know ourselves and everything in between.
Considering he has saved a few people who’ve had death experiences with HELL, I believe he is merciful, but he also is just, and we should not take God for granted.

We may be saved, but to accept His grace is to take up our cross and follow Him through his suffering with our own at the hands of our enemies, especially when we have enemies because of our devotion to Him
Old 09-11-2018, 2:24 PM

I believe only God is the righteous judge. Jesus made the sacrifice for all but it is up to each individual to acknowledge their sin and accept the sacrifice. What God has revealed to each person I don't know so it is up to him to judge. I am only responsible for my own actions and share the good news with others. It is up to them what they do with it. You can't brow beat people into heaven. Wide is the path that leads to destruction and narrow is the path that leads to salvation. Too many people spend too much time trying to worry about others salvation and not enough time on focusing on their own. I can't discern where others are in life and I sure can't judge God. I have seen enough through life that I trust God to do what is right. The longer I live the more I come to understand how little I understand about existence and the more I lean on God's grace. I know how I don't deserve mercy and without God's grace I would have no hope. I have seen so many miracles during my life I am surely blessed. Some say I don't know if God exists. I have seen so much I KNOW God is there and I'm ashamed how I fail to do what I know is right so many times. I'm not afraid to die as I have seen Death's Door and been turned around. I'm more afraid of living as it is so hard sometimes.
Old 09-11-2018, 2:44 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
I've also been told how the medieval church used a fear of 'hell' to compel behavior from from the peoples?

The medieval Church ALSO taught, that -

"When in the coffers, another coin clings
From the depths of purgatory, another soul springs."

Some of us returned to The Bible in 1517.

Old 09-11-2018, 6:16 PM
Veteran Member

Unfortunately, I was raised in a culture that teaches that even though one's sins are forgiven, they are still written down in a book to be judged at the end times. Which is currently going on now.
Further more, while "grace" is somewhat taught, members are repeatedly told that they must live, or try to live, a perfect, Christlike life. Keeping all the Commandments, no drinking, ko eating of meat, and a host of other things.
I've come to believe that these concepts are nothing but control through fear.
Old 09-12-2018, 4:15 PM

The idea of heaven is, in my opinion, spiritual materialism. It's self-interest and greed made okay because it's spiritual, not physical. Selfless people don't give a d&^% about what they get out of the deal. That's the point of selflessness. Somebody who does something good in hopes of getting a good return on investment is doing arbitrage -- just a business transaction. Charity isn't business (or shouldn't be). I want to meet the saint who offers their own soul to hell (for eternity, not a quick sight-seeing tour) in return for everybody else's pass into heaven. That's somebody with their soul in the game.

The idea of hell sounds good but only to a point. It's a little too late to do any good. If Hitler, Bin Laden & others in history were so bad and God is so powerful, we could have used some help down here BEFORE they died (sorry -- the "free will" argument is logical but fails the common sense test).

Personally, I'm more in favor of a swift execution than eternal torment. I wouldn't give a sentence of eternal torment to anybody. Takes a sadistic personality to torture somebody for years and years. Weird & twisted, if you ask me.

Heaven, hell, reincarnation, ashes & dust... I took out a fire insurance policy years ago and have, years later, given it back.
Old 09-12-2018, 4:32 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVShooter View Post
The idea of heaven is, in my opinion, spiritual materialism. It's self-interest and greed made okay because it's spiritual, not physical. Selfless people don't give a d&^% about what they get out of the deal. That's the point of selflessness. Somebody who does something good in hopes of getting a good return on investment is doing arbitrage -- just a business transaction. Charity isn't business (or shouldn't be). I want to meet the saint who offers their own soul to hell (for eternity, not a quick sight-seeing tour) in return for everybody else's pass into heaven. That's somebody with their soul in the game.

The idea of hell sounds good but only to a point. It's a little too late to do any good. If Hitler, Bin Laden & others in history were so bad and God is so powerful, we could have used some help down here BEFORE they died (sorry -- the "free will" argument is logical but fails the common sense test).

Personally, I'm more in favor of a swift execution than eternal torment. I wouldn't give a sentence of eternal torment to anybody. Takes a sadistic personality to torture somebody for years and years. Weird & twisted, if you ask me.

Heaven, hell, reincarnation, ashes & dust... I took out a fire insurance policy years ago and have, years later, given it back.
hmmm, i guess i can go with some of that (these days)

but thinking about the origins of religion, and about how miserable life was for so many people back then...i think it was a pacifier.
it gave hope to those with nothing to lose, gave them a reason to persevere in this life to earn a better afterlife, and to act accordingly and not resort to criminal behavior.
Old 09-12-2018, 4:47 PM

If Charles Manson accepts Jesus Christ as his Lord and savior on his death bed, does he get to go to heaven ?

How about the Rabi that dedicated his life for the good of others, yet Jesus Christ has no place in his life , does the Rabi go straight to the southern side ? These 2 simple questions leed me to believe this practice is doawed.
Old 09-12-2018, 6:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deog View Post
If Charles Manson accepts Jesus Christ as his Lord and savior on his death bed, does he get to go to heaven ?

How about the Rabi that dedicated his life for the good of others, yet Jesus Christ has no place in his life , does the Rabi go straight to the southern side ? These 2 simple questions leed me to believe this practice is doawed.
Those are straw men. No one ever said that. The question is did Manson repent? No, he didn't. Why? Because he was not allowed to. It doesn't matter how much good a person does. You can't work your way into Heaven. If you could then the rich man would be able to give enough money to get to Heaven. That would be the equivilent of working or buying your way in. That can't happen. Besides, no one can out good the evil they do. I never could understand why people would want to try to work their way in when a free pass is waiting for them.
Old 09-12-2018, 7:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMCLAP View Post
I never could understand why people would want to try to work their way in when a free pass is waiting for them.
I always find it funny. The ONLY time a conservative will say work and self sufficiency are bad things is when it comes to salvation.

Free pass for medical care? no..... Get a job and pay for heath insurance like a good American.
Free pass for housing? Absolutely not, I ain't paying for your lazy butt to sit around.....
Free pass for food? Why should I pay for you to eat. Get a job and buy your own food........
Free pass for school? Lol. Oh wait you are serious? Let me laugh harder at your crazy a**
Free pass for heaven? Well duh.... of course that's free. do you seriously expect us to work for That? Wtf is wrong with you.

burn the circus down cuz the world is full of clowns

Last edited by mossy; 09-12-2018 at 9:28 PM..
Old 09-12-2018, 7:36 PM

Sorry, it is a flawed system
Old 09-12-2018, 7:38 PM

How about my dog ? Does he get to go to heaven ? He has not accepted Jesus, nor has he repent. He has had a clean life.
Old 09-12-2018, 8:09 PM

Lots of good answers the question has been answered, it's very interesting seeing some belivers on God and what they are being taught.

The only advice I can add for those who go to a Christian church, ask God for his wisdom and decrement when something does not vibe with your soul seek out the answer God will reveal them to you and if your church is more often teaching false teachings run just run.

For those who get mad at death bed confessions couple things to think about, I'll use the thiefs on the crosses next to Jesus i think we can say God used that to answer that question, one had a repentive heart and the other knew he was going to die also but Gods spirit could no longer be felt by him which is why he couldn't repent and he even mocked Jesus.

So no not everyone on there death bed will be forgiven and even if they ask but don't come from a true repentance they are just words.
Old 09-12-2018, 8:42 PM

What if, What if, What if. Worry about your own soul. Stop staining at gnats and swallowing camels. If you understood or were able to understand everything you would be God but surprise you are not. If you refuse to believe that is own your head. I nor anyone else can convenience you. You have to seek the answers for yourself with an open mind for only then will you find your answers. People that once knew the old me would not recognize me now. The thief's on the cross are a great example as God is sovereign abele to forgive the blackest soul IF it is TRULY REPENTANT. There is not any "fire insurance" to be handed out just in cause and you can't con God. He sees right into your soul with nothing hidden from his gaze! If you don't want to be broken down to your bassist elements and humbled like you have no concept of don't even try it because if you mean it you will never be the same again.

Remember God says in scripture Matthew 7:22-24 22Many will say to me on that day, 'LORD, LORD, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!' 24"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

Last edited by Paparock; 09-12-2018 at 8:52 PM..
Old 09-12-2018, 9:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
"Be ye perfect..."
And where did you come up with that mumbo jumbo?
Old 09-12-2018, 9:37 PM

Well, all I can say is I had a near death experience were I was escorted up to this gigantic ornate door. I had gone into surgery for a knee replacement and I thought "oh man someone must have really fouled up". As I stood there studdying the door I was suddenly turned around by the two huge beings on my right and left and marched back down this tunnel. The next thing I remember I awoke in an ICU unit. No I did not get a good look at my escorts except they were several feet taller than me and I'm 6'5". The door seemed to be of some type of carved ornate wood with infused metal also. It looked to be over 20 feet tall and 10 feet wide. I remember thinking, is this "Death's Door"?

I know what people say about near death experiences however I have experienced in my life being saved since childhood via miraculous means many many times. I have often asked why me? And I honestly have no answer to that question. I could relate them here but nobody would believe them. They defy the laws of nature and sometimes our understanding of reality. Some people believe we have a "Guardian Angel" watching over us; if so mine has been very busy and active in my life. I thank God for all He has done for me and look forward to going home to be with him. Again there are many reasons but only those with like experiences could possibly understand.

Last edited by Paparock; 09-12-2018 at 9:40 PM..
Old 09-12-2018, 9:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparock View Post
Well, all I can say is I had a near death experience were I was escorted up to this gigantic ornate door. I had gone into surgery for a knee replacement and I thought "oh man someone must have really fouled up". As I stood there studdying the door I was suddenly turned around by the two huge beings on my right and left and marched back down this tunnel. The next thing I remember I awoke in an ICU unit. No I did not get a good look at my escorts except they were several feet taller than me and I'm 6'5". The door seemed to be of some type of carved ornate wood with infused metal also. It looked to be over 20 feet tall and 10 feet wide. I remember thinking, is this "Death's Door"?

I know what people say about near death experiences however I have experienced in my life being saved since childhood via miraculous means many many times. I have often asked why me? And I honestly have no answer to that question. I could relate them here but nobody would believe them. They defy the laws of nature and sometimes our understanding of reality. Some people believe we have a "Guardian Angel" watching over us; if so mine has been very busy and active in my life. I thank God for all He has done for me and look forward to going home to be with him. Again there are many reasons but only those with like experiences could possibly understand.
My mom had something similar not with the doors but she said there was this bright light and she felt Gods presence, she was near death got hit by a cop in middle of intersection by Gods hand my lil brother in the back seat sat at the other end and the cop car just hit little left of car beam between front and back door, this happened right after a bible study.
Old 09-13-2018, 4:23 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy View Post
I always find it funny. The ONLY time a conservative will say work and self sufficiency are bad things is when it comes to salvation.

Free pass for medical care? no..... Get a job and pay for heath insurance like a good American.
Free pass for housing? Absolutely not, I ain't paying for your lazy butt to sit around.....
Free pass for food? Why should I pay for you to eat. Get a job and buy your own food........
Free pass for school? Lol. Oh wait you are serious? Let me laugh harder at your crazy a**
Free pass for heaven? Well duh.... of course that's free. do you seriously expect us to work for That? Wtf is wrong with you.
Conservative politics is completely seperate from Orthodox Christianity. Why is the straw man so popular with people?
Old 09-13-2018, 4:25 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deog View Post
How about my dog ? Does he get to go to heaven ? He has not accepted Jesus, nor has he repent. He has had a clean life.
He didn't sin. His life is deeply affected by mans sin. But he didn't commit original sin so he has nothing to repent of. God said He was sorry He made man. He didn't say that about any of the rest of His creation.
Old 09-13-2018, 5:39 AM
Veteran Member

If Christians and the Bible are incorrect about the hereafter, nothing matters and we have wasted your time.
Quote:
If the dead are not raised, "Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die." 1 Corinthians 15:32b
If the Bible is correct, our last breath on earth will be followed by our first breath in eternity. Which begs the question; Where will that be? If we want it, Jesus Christ offers us the promise of eternity in paradise as a free gift. See the reference to "the thief on the cross" above. To reject the offer of eternal life is to reap the consequences.
Quote:
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. - Revelation 20:14 King James Version (KJV)
Lookie there! Hell doesn't seem to be eternal... but the lake of fire is.

Quote:
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation. Hebrews 9:27b-28
Don't wait. None of us are promised tomorrow.

"As God's co-workers we urge you not to receive God's grace in vain. For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you." I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation." 2 Corinthians 6:1-2 1
Old 09-13-2018, 5:49 AM
In Memoriam

A

Live a clean and honest life and you won’t end up in Hell.

http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/...CCAB7CE8D70F60
Old 09-13-2018, 7:38 AM

Quote:
Conservative politics is completely seperate from Orthodox Christianity. Why is the straw man so popular with people?

I for one am a conservative and a Christian. I do not mix the two there are some branches of Christianity that mix far left politics and Christianity in case you are not aware. They are called the World Council of Churches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4kA5Obk0iQ

Last edited by Paparock; 09-13-2018 at 7:54 AM..
Old 09-13-2018, 7:44 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparock View Post
I for one am a conservative and a Christian. I do not mix the two there are some branches of Christianity that mix far left politics and Christianity in case you are not aware.
I am quite aware. That's why the two don't mix. Except that God said you will work for your living. That is a politically conservative value that came from God. But God also said you can't work your way to Heaven. A leftist value. Thus, the two are not the same.

Last edited by RAMCLAP; 09-13-2018 at 11:02 AM..
Old 09-13-2018, 7:45 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUTCH 7.62 View Post
A

Live a clean and honest life and you won’t end up in Hell.
Where did you get this idea?
Old 09-13-2018, 8:10 AM

Quote:
I am quite aware. That's why the two don't mix. Except that God said you will work for your living. That is a politically conservative value that came from God. But God also said you can't work your way to Heaven. A lftits value. Thus, the two are not the same.

Biblical text say if you don't work you don't eat. 2 Thessalonians 3:10 For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat."

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me".

Romans 3:23English Standard Version for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

It is only by the covering of Jesus's shed blood to wash away our sins can we enter the presence of God because no sin can enter His presence without being destroyed. That was the whole purpose of Jesus becoming flesh and becoming the sacrificial lamb without blemish for all mankind for all have sinned and fallen short of the standard of the LAW. If you have even the smallest of sins you are condemned under the Law even one. Jesus came not to destroy the Law but to fulfill it for the sake of everyone. All anyone has to do is accept and acknowledge His sacrifice and their sin. You either believe or you don't the choice is totally in your hands.

In case you wonder, I spent a year at Ouachita Baptist University as well as a year and a half at Christ for the Nations Institute, Dallas, Texas, and was a youth pastor for an Assembles of God Church in Texas.

Last edited by Paparock; 09-13-2018 at 8:27 AM..