Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Graf & Sons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2017, 5:55 AM

Default Prop 63

Good Morning!

We here at Grafs were wondering what is everyone doing to prep for Prop 63. Are you stocking up on ammo? Getting into reloading? How could Grafs help you prepare (basic reloading guide, more ammo specials)?

Thank you in advance for answering these questions.
Old 04-25-2017, 8:48 AM

Been buying from Grafs for years, and i still do. But I got into reloading just under 2 years ago because I figured something like prop 63 would happen soon. I can supply about half of my ammo needs (9mm, 380, 54r, 300blk) with reloading. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the things I still order online (5.56nato, 22lr, 6.5creed, some 300blk). I think my biggest barrier to reloading more and buying more in general is the extra fee caused by the hazmat shipping. Grafs prices for primers/powder are generally fairer than my local shop, but only slightly. But with the hazmat fee I end up paying more per item at Grafs unless I place a really large order. So I end up buying piece-meal from the local shop.
Things that could help:
1) being able to set my own price alerts, so i get an email when something I'm waiting to place a larger order on goes on sale.
2) (this would be HUGE) More load data integrated into the product pages for metallic reloading products. For example, good luck finding OAL and Powder data for the 115gr ARMSCOR .355 bullets (item # ARB9FMJ115)
3) Even more steeply competitive bulk primer/powder pricing due to hazmat fees needing to be offset

Hope any of that helps
Old 04-25-2017, 8:51 AM
Veteran Member

CalGuns free shipping!!!! We need more Boooooollets!
Old 04-25-2017, 1:38 PM

Figured Grafs was already doing their part, I've never bought loaded ammo from you, just components. I got referred to your company for milsurp caliber bullets, initially - you still have a sterling range of "world" calibers on offer.

Maybe run a "California Gold Rush" promo once a week/month for loaded ammunition at a special price? The clock is ticking, that might be a good way to raise awareness.
Old 04-26-2017, 7:10 AM

Thanks all for the feedback! It's truly appreciated! These are all great ideas. Keep your eyes peeled, you never know what we might do.

Thanks again!
Old 04-26-2017, 9:18 AM

I am capable of reloading every caliber I use. But I am loading up on factory ammo when I see a good price.

Keep stocking the odd reloading supplies like obsolete calibers.

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Requiro Pax Sed Praeparo Nam Bellum