Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 05-13-2021, 12:42 PM

Default Angeles had Primers, but....

They wanted $20 per hundred for CCI and $18.75 for Win, Federal, etc.

Hilarious.
Old 05-13-2021, 12:48 PM

Jesus Christ…

They know they are a store and not at a gunshow right?
Old 05-13-2021, 1:57 PM
I need a LIFE!!

If you saw 20 cent primers at a gun show there would be a riot.
Old 05-13-2021, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigstroker View Post

I saw $180 for a thousand multiple times.

Prices are considerably cheaper at local stores and I’ve been pretty lucky and have bought more than enough to satisfy my shooting for the next 2 years.
Old 05-13-2021, 2:23 PM

But you know if sold on here the price is fine. And don’t complain it’s capitalism but a dealer ask the same start the hypocrisy ��
Old 05-13-2021, 3:08 PM

For the desperate, maybe. So many sellers have posted sold on stuff that never sold just keep the illusion of their market, primers are no different. Primers here have leveled off to 130ish which considering everything is a good deal for both seller and buyer all around, especially when bought for $30 a year ago to flip now.
Old 05-13-2021, 3:23 PM

I guess the horse isn't close to being dead yet, is it?

I think 20 cents apiece for primers is nuts, but then again for me shooting is a discretionary activity so if I end up running out of primers or other components I'll stop shooting for a while. For people who compete or who always need a shooting fix, 20 cents might be peanuts.

It's also worth remembering that some of the same psychology driving people to fill plastic bags with gasoline because they're afraid of running out is what drives other people to buy and hoard primers in the middle of a supply shortage. Yeah, capitalism and all that, just like the folks from Tennessee who tried to corner the market on hand sanitizer.

Personally I'm not into stockpiling stuff because I'm worried about potential shortages. I will buy things I'm reasonably sure I can use when and if I can get a good bargain, so whoever has to clean up after me when I finally kick the bucket may find themselves having to get rid of some reloading supplies. And because someone already asked, I am not interested in adopting someone who could then inherit it all. Got that covered.
Old 05-13-2021, 4:40 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Lol! At the last Gunshow in Fresno, I saw a guy pay that with a smile on his face.
The local Turner's stll sells them for $45 a brick, but the hardly ever get them in.
Old 05-23-2021, 8:30 PM

Used to buy from there. F those phags for taking advantage. Never walk in there or shoot there anymore.

People need to remember the gougers, free market my azz.
Old 05-23-2021, 8:48 PM

They're not selling the last gallon of water or food. You can just wait until prices drop if you don't like it.

It's funny how quickly people abandon capitalism once it's not easy or convenient. :lol:
Old 06-09-2021, 6:21 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCastle View Post
Used to buy from there. F those phags for taking advantage. Never walk in there or shoot there anymore.

People need to remember the gougers, free market my azz.
Lol ok explain to me how you’re gouged? Selling for the highest price to the highest bidder…..That’s the epitome of free market. The “gouging” argument is really tiring. You can either afford to buy something or you can’t. Just because you can’t afford to buy it doesn’t mean you’re being gouged. It just means you can’t afford to buy it.

Im gonna be selling a bunch of ammo that I no longer have guns to shoot it. You’re damn right I’m gonna try to get the most amount I can. Whatever that amount is depends on the buyer. Why shouldn’t I try to get as much as I can for my items?
If you sell a house or Car you try to get the most amount right? Do you give discounts on your buyers fir a house or a car? Or does the gouging argument only work one way?

Last edited by Rob454; 06-09-2021 at 6:39 PM..
Old 06-09-2021, 6:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I saw $100 per thousand all day long at last weekend's gun show.

"Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."
Old 06-09-2021, 8:18 PM

They still have stock at Angeles, but still at the same prices in my first post. The lady at the counter tried saying that they have sold some and they just "have a lot." I gave her the you're full of **** look as I was talking to a gentleman who wanted to start loading pistol ammo. Primers are OOS everywhere but they have such a stock right now that it looks the same as it was a month and a half ago, ya ****ing right.

I'm all for free market but the argument is tired. Considering the price increase of primers it would be like selling a 30k car for 180k, so please STFU about how this isn't gouging and its "just the free market" BS.
Old 06-09-2021, 8:26 PM

I understand the high prices at Angeles. It prevents people from buying first and them immediately flipping them like ticket scalpers at a ball game. Those are the scum that you should be angry at.
If a guy gets them at a good price, he could be standing on the corner trying to sell them for the $0.20 each price (ten minutes later when the store runs out) even though the store made an attempt to be fair and sell them at $0.04 each. They likely saw or expected "scalping" so they made them prohibitively expensive.
Can they be sold easily for more than $0.20 each? No, so the mission was accomplished. No more scalping.

Last edited by walkonmars; 06-09-2021 at 8:28 PM..
Old 06-09-2021, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Gun View Post
They still have stock at Angeles, but still at the same prices in my first post. The lady at the counter tried saying that they have sold some and they just "have a lot." I gave her the you're full of **** look as I was talking to a gentleman who wanted to start loading pistol ammo. Primers are OOS everywhere but they have such a stock right now that it looks the same as it was a month and a half ago, ya ****ing right.

I'm all for free market but the argument is tired. Considering the price increase of primers it would be like selling a 30k car for 180k, so please STFU about how this isn't gouging and its "just the free market" BS.
You're literally arguing against free market pricing. Yes, it's exactly like selling a 30k car for 180k.

I don't disagree and I don't sell anything for inflated prices even if it's "market" value, but call it what it is at least.
Old 06-10-2021, 3:11 PM
Veteran Member

Looking at the "join dates" here in this thread, most here should be seasoned handloaders by now. Why are you even looking for primers at this point?

MLC