Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Atlantic Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Atlantic Firearms Hosted by AtlanticFirearms.com

Old 10-27-2016, 12:35 PM

Well I hope Atlantic is able to fix this.

I'm not mad, but I was planning to order another rifle from Atlantic, and now it doesn't seem like such a good idea because I'll have to replace my credit card right after.
Old 10-27-2016, 4:51 PM

I made several purchases from Atlantic in the past couple of months, and haven't observed any credit card fraud, so at least we know not every single customer had their data stolen. Here's hoping this turns out to just be an unfortunate coincidence, and not a lapse of security protocols at Atlantic.
Old 10-27-2016, 6:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheburashka View Post
Well I hope Atlantic is able to fix this.

I'm not mad, but I was planning to order another rifle from Atlantic, and now it doesn't seem like such a good idea because I'll have to replace my credit card right after.
Bank of America has a feature called "Shop Safe." You log into their website and you can generate a one-off credit card number with a limit and expiration date that you specify. I think it's free with all their VISA cards. It's a beautiful feature and I wish more banks offered it.
Old 10-31-2016, 9:52 PM

My credit card info was also compromised. The card I used to purchase a rifle from Atlantic now has fraudulent activity. There are charges from a Chinese company on my card that I never ordered from or ever heard of before.
Old 11-01-2016, 2:55 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Our web site has pass 2 different PCI compliant scans one provided by the credit card processor and no issues detected . We did also start to track down customers reporting issues and detected Malware on the customers phones and tablets .There seems to be a vulnerability on Android based phones and tablets . Also saw some issues with customers placing orders on unsure Wi Fi networks.
Old 11-03-2016, 9:33 AM

I bought made 2 purchases in October and recently had to cancel my cc due to fraudulent charges. At least these clowns had good taste and bought 600$ worth of wine from winemerchant.com

They also made several other purchases immediately which i caught and had to have my cc company reverse and cancel the account.
Old 11-03-2016, 8:34 PM

I made a purchase through Atlantic in October and shortly after Atlantic's site went down, my CC had multiple fraudulent charges. Good thing my bank did not process them. First time this ever happened to my CCs with online purchases.

I'm not pointing fingers at Atlantic, as it could be a coincidence. But if you made purchases recently through Atlantic Firearms I would replace your CC immediately.

Last edited by HONDACON; 11-03-2016 at 8:54 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-04-2016, 2:52 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Our site has now passed 3 Different PCI compliance screens and no issues were detected . As stated before there were many Data breaches in Sept Yahoo disclosed a massive security breach by a “state-sponsored actor” affecting at least 500 million users, potentially the ... Yahoo Says Information on at Least 500 Million User Accounts Was Stolen. This was reported in the Wall Street Journal and others we also hacked at the same time.
Old 11-14-2016, 7:36 PM

Well, I just got a call from my credit car company that my card was compromised AGAIN! This card was caompromised last moth and the only purchase on it was from atlantic, so i was issued another card and i used it one time only on 11-4 at atlantic and guess what its compromised.

so as much as i appreciate what atlantic does for us i'm going to have to re-evaluate my doing business with them.

That's 3 cards in 1 1/2 months with them.
Beretta 92FS
Wildey Survivor 45 Win Mag
S&W 586 357 Mag
Mosin 91/30 1939 Tula
Russian SKS 1950 Tula
Old 11-15-2016, 8:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgianoli View Post
Well, I just got a call from my credit car company that my card was compromised AGAIN! This card was caompromised last moth and the only purchase on it was from atlantic, so i was issued another card and i used it one time only on 11-4 at atlantic and guess what its compromised.

so as much as i appreciate what atlantic does for us i'm going to have to re-evaluate my doing business with them.

That's 3 cards in 1 1/2 months with them.
Guess what, I'm in the same boat. I got my card replaced after fraudlent charges. When I got my new card, I finished my layaway payment with Atlantic last Thurs. Today- more fraudulent charges. I have not used this card anywhere else since it got replaced so it is definitely stemming from Atlantic.
Old 11-16-2016, 2:43 AM
Vendor/Retailer

bokeshooter , could you please email our office with your name and the date you used the card so we can look into this for you.
Old 11-16-2016, 7:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantic Firearms View Post
bokeshooter , could you please email our office with your name and the date you used the card so we can look into this for you.
Thanks, email sent.
Old 11-16-2016, 2:41 PM
Calguns Addict

All 3 of my credit cards got hit the same time as you guys and I didn't even buy anything from Atlantic. I don't think this problem is limited to Atlantic.

PS: I want that AKX-9 but no money
Old 11-16-2016, 6:17 PM

I hate to add to this, but I recently made a few purchases from Atlantic Firearms (one last week, one 2 weeks ago) and my credit card was also subject to fraud charges this morning. This was the only unusual purchase (read: first purchase from a non-previously-visited vendor) I made in the past month, so I am inclined to believe that this was the source of the breach since others have experienced the same thing. I know it's strange to see a brand new account complaining about this, but this experience was what convinced me to go from lurker to member. I can confirm purchase details over PM to verify my identity, Atlantic Firearms.

I have had 0 fraud charges on any credit card over the past 14 years of my life, so this is uncommon for me as well.

I remember a few weeks ago, when I tried accessing the site, the ssl certificate would not load (it would force "http://" instead of "https://") so I didn't sign in. I closed the browser, went back into the site and logged back in when the ssl cert was active and then made my purchases.

Last edited by sitruc; 11-16-2016 at 6:19 PM..
Old 11-16-2016, 6:29 PM

Multiple attempts on my card within the past week. I used the card at 3 seperate places; Atlantic, HKparts, Midway.
Old 11-16-2016, 6:51 PM

I've been hit three times recently; two personal cards and one company card. I have never purchased from Atlantic.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:43 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

A friend got hit for close to $1500 and the only vendor he used was Atlantic in the last month, so it's still an issue. I also used Atlantic and am scouring my online statement everyday, have not got hit yet.
Old 11-17-2016, 2:53 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Folks we continue to work with Visa , MC & Discover to scan and proof our system for any issues. On Nov 15 th we had another scan implemented and nothing shows up & received another PCI Security compliance approval from them. We process hundreds of cards per day and this seems to be a random thing that is going on as we stated even our company card was hit a few weeks ago. Driftwood stated 3 of his cards had been hit and he had not purchased from us . We continue to monitor the situation .
Old 11-17-2016, 6:21 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

I forgot to state I think Atlantic is great and a big asset to California, I don't mean to imply any wrongdoing on their part, they are a pleasure to deal with. CC theft plagues everything online and it's unfortunately par for the course these days.

I have no reservations about purchasing from them, I just did a few weeks ago with no problems. A friend with 2 recent PTR purchases is the one with the CC theft but it has been resolved.
Old 11-18-2016, 4:30 PM
Veteran Member

I had a fraudulent charge earlier this week after making a couple Atlantic purchases in the last month. I'll email you guys with more info too. I use that card everywhere, so it's entirely possible that it's unrelated to you guys.
Old 11-18-2016, 8:39 PM

When folks make a purchase at AF, are you on a PC/Mac or on a mobile device? Wifi or cellular service?
Old 11-18-2016, 8:48 PM
Veteran Member

Mine have all been on PC, running Chrome, using either encrypted wifi or wired ethernet.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:17 PM

You can add me to the list of people who got hit after an Atlantic Firearms purchase. My Discover has two fraudulent charges from 11/15 and the only thing I used the card for in the past few months was Atlantic. My purchases were made from my home computer attached to an ethernet cable. No other issues on any of my other cards.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:58 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Our security has been ramped up and there is no widespread credit card issues taking place . We process hundreds of transactions each day and we have had a limited number of reports of issues probably 20 -25 . There are tons of reports from other customers using other sites with the same random issues that is what makes us believe this is something that may be happening higher up . We have preformed 3 separate PCI compliance scans on the site and hired 2 outside firms to inspect the site for any issues .Our site does not store credit card info and that is transmitted Encrypted to the processor .We also worked directly with the Visa , MC & Discover to go over security protocols. We will continue to do month PCI scans and take security very seriously.

Below is a recent post with a customer with similar issues but had not purchased from Atlantic this was recently posted here on Cal Guns.

Have not used my card for a while, then:

11/18 - Aimsurplus (online)
11/22 - Dim Sum
11/23 - Harbor freight tools (online)
11/23 - CenterFiresystems (online)

10 minutes ago got a call from credit card about some Cruise purchase for $970!