Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Firearms Sales - Handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Firearms Sales - Handguns For the private sale of handguns. Read the rules before posting.

Old 06-20-2020, 7:28 PM

And again.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DC9FE564-279C-4EF4-96F7-32527B3856E2.jpg (21.0 KB, 570 views)
Old 06-20-2020, 8:31 PM
Veteran Member

Benz510,

1. That's a real guy at that address
2. He's a realtor which means his reputation is extremely important to him

I'd cut him some slack before abusing him on the site. I do realize it's been about four weeks.
Old 06-21-2020, 7:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko82 View Post
And again.....

Here’s another for Mr Johnson. Same phone number, same email address that is showing up in other scams. I was suspicious...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2020, 4:45 PM

Default ATTN: ADMIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wozko2020 View Post

Here’s another for Mr Johnson. Same phone number, same email address that is showing up in other scams. I was suspicious...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yep. He’s fishing in another WTB thread.

Admins, can you ban this guy? I’ve reported the 2 PMs he sent me, and both PMs got deleted but he’s still a member here actively trying to scam people.

This is happening so much lately, like a ridiculous amount, can we perhaps change the Marketplace posting AND viewing to members with a certain post # requirement?
Old 06-21-2020, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billped View Post
Benz510,

I'd cut him some slack before abusing him on the site. I do realize it's been about four weeks.
4 weeks with no response? Realtor or not.. No one gets a pass on bad business.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2020, 12:06 AM

How does itrader work? I have bought and sold half a dozen times using marketplace. They all went smooth. I think mine says zero.
Old 06-22-2020, 12:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo4kilo View Post
How does itrader work? I have bought and sold half a dozen times using marketplace. They all went smooth. I think mine says zero.
The buyer and seller has to type up a review of the transaction in account profile page of the forum. Under feedback.

Not every buyer or seller does it. You could ask the seller or buyer for it, but they need to be able to go through the steps/process to leave feedbacks.

And the link must be http not https

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by CheapBloke; 06-22-2020 at 12:11 AM..
Old 06-22-2020, 5:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.O.A.R. View Post
The buyer and seller has to type up a review of the transaction in account profile page of the forum. Under feedback.

Not every buyer or seller does it. You could ask the seller or buyer for it, but they need to be able to go through the steps/process to leave feedbacks.

And the link must be http not https

Yeah I’ve had trouble with the link... how do you do that correctly?
Old 06-22-2020, 8:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Yeah I’ve had trouble with the link... how do you do that correctly?
When you copy and paste the link, the website address may start with https://www.
Remove the 's' from https, to make it http.

Old 06-22-2020, 8:12 AM

Quote:
Yep. He’s fishing in another WTB thread.

Admins, can you ban this guy? I’ve reported the 2 PMs he sent me, and both PMs got deleted but he’s still a member here actively trying to scam people.

This is happening so much lately, like a ridiculous amount, can we perhaps change the Marketplace posting AND viewing to members with a certain post # requirement?
So an update here: I went to several hours of messaging (google voice on my end) with this "seller." Ultimately I quit the discussion at the point where I tried to have a voice conversation and couldn't connect directly - his end always rolled to a message system.

Lots of warning signals though prior to that:
- supplied a paypal address really quickly and asked for payment before any pictures were shared.
- When I asked for images of the items (a case of LE133 buckshot) he came up with an image from a blog post.
- When I asked for an image of the entire case, after he sent an image of a single box of LE132, he finally came up with some images of loose shotgun shells. He also claimed that you just don't share picture of ammo. I say, then okay, don't offer it for sale.
- tried to call but kept getting some messaging system, it sounds like the number was a text only number.
- he claimed to be a FFL, yet was willing to ship ammo to any random CA address; I gave him a "home address"; not really.
- couldn't meet face to face - ever. I offered to drive to San Francisco to meet for the ammo transfer, but he was headed to OR. He didn't know when he'd return to be able to do the transfer.

Anyway there it is...do what you will.

Regards.
Old 06-26-2020, 8:50 PM

Good read.

Quick question - There is mention of feedback for members. Is this it or is there a specific thread that allows positive and negative feedback of Calgun members? If there is a specific forum or thread, may I have a link?

I'd love to take a peek as I have a transaction upcoming and want to have an abundance of caution.
Old 06-26-2020, 11:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra123 View Post
Good read.

Quick question - There is mention of feedback for members. Is this it or is there a specific thread that allows positive and negative feedback of Calgun members? If there is a specific forum or thread, may I have a link?

I'd love to take a peek as I have a transaction upcoming and want to have an abundance of caution.
Look on the right, under Join Date, Location, and Posts is "iTrader"

iTrader has a count of how many feedback was left and % of positive.
Old 07-11-2020, 1:04 PM

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/member.php?u=329836

Old 07-13-2020, 2:11 AM

Tgarcia
Fellow cal gunners this message is to confirm that this individual “speedgod” is a confirmed scammer. Unfortunately I was scammed out of $800 . I know that I have to partially blame myself for jumping the gun on this deal without investigating a little further , but it’s too late now. All I can do is warn others so that it may not happen to them . Be careful and do your research before proceeding to send money. The photos this individual used were from the web and I did search the web but may have missed the ones they used .

I’m adding the names that they used for awareness but I’m sure they changed them already . They preferred using Zelle.

“ Mark Harry”

kingpintanya@gmail
macharrinet@gmail.com
Old 07-20-2020, 11:09 AM

Default Behumblefox229. Something doesnt feel right!

Was sent a message about my wtb post.
It can from a new account and sent me an email to a MarkColeen@rocketmail.com.

He sent a couple pictures of the guns Im interested in and everything seemed cool until I told him we could do the transaction Thursday. He then started insisting I send a down payment to show how serious I was about the purchase. Anyone dealt with this person?
Old 07-20-2020, 11:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzykoz View Post

He sent a couple pictures of the guns Im interested in and everything seemed cool until I told him we could do the transaction Thursday. He then started insisting I send a down payment to show how serious I was about the purchase. Anyone dealt with this person?
Don't do it.

Old 07-20-2020, 12:11 PM
RSG Minion, Senior
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzykoz View Post

This is the standard fraud phrasing in WTB lately.

Not worth pursuing IMO.

If you want to prove it further, tell him if is has not sold it you are still willing to meet FTF, but no down payment and see what happens.

Who is the CG member telling you this? We need to know.
Old 07-20-2020, 12:17 PM

Can the admins make a change so these scammers can’t come in and do this anymore??
Old 07-20-2020, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garv View Post
This is the standard fraud phrasing in WTB lately.

Not worth pursuing IMO.

If you want to prove it further, tell him if is has not sold it you are still willing to meet FTF, but no down payment and see what happens.

Who is the CG member telling you this? We need to know.

Came from behumblefox229
Old 07-20-2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.O.A.R. View Post
Don't do it.

Thx I backed out. Sighs.
Old 07-20-2020, 5:20 PM
Banned

behumblefox229 join just on 7/11/20. Zero post, zero iTrader so that whatever's worth on that. But on the side of requesting a deposit, i have personally asks a small deposit ($20) before before meeting at an FFL on a Newbie buyer (which you are too) to make sure the buyer will show and not waste my time and gas, which has happen in the past.
Old 07-20-2020, 5:26 PM
Banned

I would like to add Most of these buyers and sellers with low post count/late join date that always seem to Redirect you to another buyer or seller that has no credibility are definitely scammers.

Old 07-26-2020, 6:42 PM

I believe the user "stoneadams" is a scammer. I posted a WTB for a CZ 75 SP-01. He DM'd me, saying to text him. I texted him and he said he could "get it delivered" for a lot less than the retail price and promptly asked me for my payment method.
Old 07-28-2020, 11:28 AM

Please be wary of "nowski", he sent me a PM regarding an Eotech is friend "Brian" had for sale. Googled the email address he gave me (brianstodart00xx@gmail.com) and theres multiple posts on other forums about him being a scammer.
Old 08-01-2020, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsNardo View Post
Please be wary of "nowski", he sent me a PM regarding an Eotech is friend "Brian" had for sale. Googled the email address he gave me (brianstodart00xx@gmail.com) and theres multiple posts on other forums about him being a scammer.
I can confirm, "Nowski" is a scammer. He'll send you photoshopped images of whatever you're trying to buy.

This is the email address he sends for the PayPal payment: campbell1975@mail.com Hopefully anyone who google searches the above info will get warned that this account is a scammer.

MODS, can we get a sticky in each Private Seller Forum to have a laundry list of scammers?

And to anyone else who has dealt with scammers, please leave bad iTrader on any account that tries to scam you. That way other Calgunners won't be taken for a ride.

Last edited by RomeoTwoOne; 08-01-2020 at 8:31 PM..
Old 08-01-2020, 8:33 PM
RSG Minion, Senior

Please use the red triangle to report these guys.

That gets the fastest attention from the mods.
Old 08-01-2020, 8:37 PM
RSG Minion, Senior

Consider changing your user profile to hide your email address if it is in your profile.

USER CP
Profile Privacy
Contact info: Friends only

The rest will not see your email address so a scammer will have to contact you in the thread or by PM so the interaction can be reported.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:36 PM

Hello, my friends,

I've been searching for a Smith & Wesson 5906 for a long time. Thought I found one tonight via Armslist.

PM'd the guy. Quick response. Then we texted. Then talked briefly by phone (hard to understand on the phone). Then we texted again. Soon he started asking me for a pre-meetup deposit (sketchy!). I caught on to his game and the texting convo quickly devolved into him insulting me. How lovely.

He told me his name was "Mick" and the number I texted and called was 661-548-3212. Told me he lived in Fresno.

I don't know if this guy is also on Calguns or not, but either way, avoid this dude like the plague. No bueno. Incredibly rude, at best; a scammer, at worst.

Peace!

Last edited by drno4; 08-08-2020 at 12:02 AM..
Old 08-08-2020, 3:55 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by drno4 View Post
Hello, my friends,

I've been searching for a Smith & Wesson 5906 for a long time. Thought I found one tonight via Armslist.

PM'd the guy.

OK... MUCH like those useless amber alerts, we have NO IDEA who to lay down a righteous @$$-whuppin' on, if we don't get a NAME - an alias - what he goes by on the board - a CB handle - we don't even know if he has a sunroof, at this point!

You gotta give us the GOODS, if you wanna receive prompt, courteous attention to your problem.

So MAKE with 'em. That way, Frankie, Rocco, Tic-Tac, & Three Fingers Vinnie, can deals with 'em, see?

Old 08-08-2020, 6:31 AM
Veteran Member

661 is Bakersfield.
scam phone.JPG

Bob B.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Old 08-08-2020, 8:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
[I]

You gotta give us the GOODS, if you wanna receive prompt, courteous attention to your problem.

So MAKE with 'em. That way, Frankie, Rocco, Tic-Tac, & Three Fingers Vinnie, can deals with 'em, see?

That's funny! (And, the guy's Armslist post had no name, etc. - should have been my first clue.)
Old 08-08-2020, 8:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol shooter View Post
661 is Bakersfield.
Yes, it is (I live there). He said he lived in Fresno but I also have an out of town area code, so that wasn't a flag for me. But insisting on a sizable deposit was.

At any rate, it was fun to own the gun in my imagination for, like, 12 minutes.
Old 08-15-2020, 9:13 PM

marrykane961. Getting a bad vibe from this dude for sure. He sounds a little sketchy so buyers beware.
Old 08-15-2020, 9:18 PM
RSG Minion, Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soilguy View Post
marrykane961. Getting a bad vibe from this dude for sure. He sounds a little sketchy so buyers beware.
If you received a suspect PM or email, hit the red triangle.

The mods. can check activity.

Right now MK961 is P Ming someone, possible to continue the bad vibes.
Old 08-16-2020, 11:02 AM

DESTINYJONATHAN

I have an ad in the WTB section For a Glock 20 in either OD green, Battlefield green or FDE.

User DestinyJonathan I sent me a private message saying I have a Glock 20 in OD green, battlefield green, or FDE for or sale. He has zero posts and zero a trade or feedback.

All I have to do is send him money…. I think I’ll pass on this one. Caveat emptor.
Old 08-19-2020, 12:56 PM

Beware of Michaelmaxwell. He has 0 feedback. I was looking for a handgun and he said he has it. He requested to send half payment ($500) first, then he’d meet me here in Orange County. His number is (972)427-7844. He claims to be from Sacramento and said he’d send the handgun from his ffl dealer at T&D Materials Store to a ffl dealer I choose in Orange County. No such ffl store In Sacramento. His area code 972 is from TX. BEWARE.
Old 08-19-2020, 1:03 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by billped View Post
Benz510,

I'd cut him some slack before abusing him on the site CRAPPING THROUGH HIS SUNROOF. I do realize it's been about four weeks.
I've got Duloclax and grapefuit at the ready...
Old 08-22-2020, 6:49 PM

So if a person just joined this forum or has low post counts, he's automatically labeled as a fraud or untrustworthy? This is like most jobs wanting a person with experience. If you don't give someone a chance how's he supposed to get the experience?
Old 08-22-2020, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
So if a person just joined this forum or has low post counts, he's automatically labeled as a fraud or untrustworthy? This is like most jobs wanting a person with experience. If you don't give someone a chance how's he supposed to get the experience?
Ive bought from and sold to new guys without issue, most are not scammers. Its usually easy to tell.
Old 08-22-2020, 7:18 PM
RSG Minion, Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 63 tango View Post
Ive bought from and sold to new guys without issue, most are not scammers. Its usually easy to tell.
Most of us give new guys a chance.

Sometimes you need to chat a bit more to make sure they have their stuff together for a weapon purchase like all their documents and FSC are in place.

When they are zero iTrader and ask for money up front, the odds are extremely high they are scammers.

Also if they PM you and say email "so and so" he has it, almost certainly a scam.

FTF is usually not a big deal.

Last edited by Garv; 08-22-2020 at 10:00 PM..