Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Old 02-15-2023, 5:30 PM

Default Experiences with Neomag Alias?

There was a thread on this from about a year ago, but it was too old to respond to.

This is the item in question: https://theneomag.com/shop/alias/

I'm specifically interested in hearing from people that carry larger and heavier pistols. I carry a true compact service pistol, and I haven't found a single clip holster that keeps everything in the same place. They tend to slide around just a bit and rotate due to the weight. So while convenient, single clip holsters don't give me the same warm and fuzzy's that a two clip AG Cloaktuck or OWB gives.

This is the reason for my hesitation regarding the Alias, although I originally thought it was really interesting.

I'd like to hear about experience with both the clip on the belt and the beltless system.
Old 02-16-2023, 12:52 PM

Well, I'm a novice, so take it for whatever it's worth. I've been carrying my full size 1911 for about a month now every day. I had trouble imagining how the thing was going to work being completely concealed. I got a Vedder 'rapid tuck' and so far it's working really well, especially since I've never carried before and not used to it. It's not uncomfortable and doesn't restrict my movements. it's doesn't move around or rotate much at all. Doesn't dig in to my appendix.

It's winter, so it's pretty easy now to conceal with heavy clothing, but when summer comes it's going to be a lot harder. I'm thinking of getting the lightest windbreaker I can find, cutting off the sleeves and seeing if that conceals without being hot. Either that, or a really loose shirt that doesn't cling and print. Got a few months to figure it out.
Old 02-16-2023, 2:52 PM

Ricky, I'm right there with you. My IA does not allow amendments to the carry list outside of the 2 year re-up of the license. So this means there is no way to remedy the situation after I learned that the one pistol on my license isn't the ideal EDC for all occasions. Right now, Aliengear Cloaktuck and Vedder OWB have been my primary solutions.

I emailed Neomag about there return policy, as the FAQs state only "unused" can be returned. This is their response: You can return for a refund as long as there is not significant damage or wear marks on the items. We understand that you will need to test the clip on your holster and practice draw, etc. Items returned for a refund or exchange must be returned within 30 days of the shipping date.

Still interested in hearing from those that have some experience with the Alias and a full size or compact pistol.
Old 03-28-2023, 6:45 AM
НАТО в Хату!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk2dave View Post
Ricky, I'm right there with you. My IA does not allow amendments to the carry list outside of the 2 year re-up of the license. So this means there is no way to remedy the situation after I learned that the one pistol on my license isn't the ideal EDC for all occasions. Right now, Aliengear Cloaktuck and Vedder OWB have been my primary solutions.

I emailed Neomag about there return policy, as the FAQs state only "unused" can be returned. This is their response: You can return for a refund as long as there is not significant damage or wear marks on the items. We understand that you will need to test the clip on your holster and practice draw, etc. Items returned for a refund or exchange must be returned within 30 days of the shipping date.

Still interested in hearing from those that have some experience with the Alias and a full size or compact pistol.
Think about Enigma system. https://www.phlsterholsters.com/phlster-enigma/

In real life: No one