Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 01-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusBoy View Post
My home town here is getting bad... sheeesh. I live two blocks from this park. Heres to hoping that Contra Costa will be in the cross hairs soon. Good Cause update Wildhawker?

Concord Woman Robbed and Stabbed...
There has also been a string of armed robberies in the Walnut Creek area involving many places I visit... it looks like it's been the same people.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice, but let me remind you also that moderation in the persuit of justice is no virtue" -Barry Goldwater

“Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have.” -Gerald Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudakidd View Post
I want Blood for Oil. Heck I want Blood for Oil over hand wringing sentiment!
^
Old 01-10-2011, 11:10 AM

And for Richmond too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusBoy View Post
My home town here is getting bad... sheeesh. I live two blocks from this park. Heres to hoping that Contra Costa will be in the cross hairs soon. Good Cause update Wildhawker?

Concord Woman Robbed and Stabbed...
Old 01-10-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by safewaysecurity View Post
There has also been a string of armed robberies in the Walnut Creek area involving many places I visit... it looks like it's been the same people.
I agree! These dirtbags are hitting places in the middle of the day and early evening with the place loaded with people sometimes. Its like the neighboring cities here (Concord, P-Hill, Walnut Creek, Clayton) are becoming "crime commutes"

Wish Livingston was a Calgunner...
kcbrown -- The Constitution is not "the Supreme Law of the Land, except in the face of contradicting law which has not yet been overturned by the courts". It is THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, PERIOD. Consider very carefully what that means for your oath to uphold the Constitution.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:46 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Remain patient as there are some things in progress, but the GC data should be available soon FYI.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Calguns Addict

Thanks for the update
Old 01-14-2011, 7:04 AM

Hello all! I just wanted to voice my support for CCW reform, as I too am eagerly awaiting the day that self-defense can be considered good cause. I was thinking about trying to find some $ to help (it's tough right now), but I noticed that the coco co. goal has been met - exceeded in fact. When I'm a bit more able to help, should I go ahead and become a sponsor for this county, or just donate it to the Calguns Foundation itself? Again, many thanks for all your efforts!
Old 01-14-2011, 7:18 AM

Welcome Moe... Im sure in either place the donations will help CGF with our fight. But me being selfish I want to see our county flush with funds regardless of goal amount.

I have some flyers that wildhawker emailed to me that I placed at a local store. I also give them to people at the range when I strike up conversation and they've never heard of CGN/CGF.

Can you imagine if even every 50th person donated/sponsored $100 from the range?? NICE!

PM if youd like me to email the file.
kcbrown -- The Constitution is not "the Supreme Law of the Land, except in the face of contradicting law which has not yet been overturned by the courts". It is THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, PERIOD. Consider very carefully what that means for your oath to uphold the Constitution.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:41 PM

Moving to Danville. Anyone know anything about their PD policy?

On the donations thing, I'm trying to find a link that says exactly what is being donated to.

NTM
Old 01-24-2011, 2:14 AM

Location: DPRK (Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornistan)

^ Same as Manic.... I don't know what exactly is being donated to (CGF? for Contra Costa only?). Times are tough, but this is the time to act. I'm in Richmond and have my checkbook ready. And it may be premature, but if this goes through for us and I move... then what?

Can someone PM me with an physical address? Or paypal account I guess... And how do I get that nifty little icon in my sig? lol
Old 01-24-2011, 4:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Moran View Post
Moving to Danville. Anyone know anything about their PD policy?

On the donations thing, I'm trying to find a link that says exactly what is being donated to.

NTM
danville pd is contracted from cc sheriff. so you apply directly to him.
Old 01-29-2011, 8:57 PM
Moderator Emeritus
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Standing by!

HMM-161 Westpac 1994
Old 02-08-2011, 6:41 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalK9.com View Post
Also dont worry if u have never built one once you go to a build party you will know everything and have a perfect functioning rifle.
Old 02-09-2011, 8:51 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
No love for CCC?

HMM-161 Westpac 1994
Old 02-09-2011, 9:10 AM
Veteran Member

Perhaps the Posse and city chiefs agreements will present a particularly difficult challenge?
Old 02-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Is CCC throwing us curve balls? Can you folks let's us in on anything new?

HMM-161 Westpac 1994
Old 02-14-2011, 11:52 AM

I'd sure like to know what's happening...the whole "2 weeks" thing is getting old.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:06 PM
TheAyatollahofRocknRolla!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6172crew View Post
Is CCC throwing us curve balls? Can you folks let's us in on anything new?
There was at least one issued recently. I saw the letter on Friday (not mine).
"Let criminals out. Let illegals in. Let boys in the girls bathrooms. Condemn police officers. Abort babies. Pervert the children. Condemn Christians. Accept barbarity in the name of Islam. Overtax the hard working people. Coddle the lazy. That's the liberal way." -from a posting on "Yahoo"
Old 02-15-2011, 8:48 AM

edit

Last edited by BusBoy; 11-15-2011 at 7:54 AM.. Reason: quote removed per "quotees" request
Old 02-15-2011, 6:24 PM

Hello fellow CoCoCo residents:

Joe, my thoughts are with your family for what you've gone through. No one should have to endure that kind of experience.

I'll share with you my CoCo CCW story to this point, however as my permit is still pending, I prefer to avoid specifics and retain relative anonymity. While this may be overly cautious, I don't want to condemn myself by stepping on any toes, especially since we all know that issuance is completely discretionary.

That being said, I hope my experience can help some of you out. Some of this will sound familiar to a lot of you, but may provide some insights...

Before proceeding I will say that I don't have, what the SD considers, prima facie justification, neither do I own a business and I'm not politically connected, other than voting, that is.

My story:

I called Professional standards and resources. I was asked why I want a permit and where I live. I live in an unincorporated part of the county, so I'm fortunate there, although the person on the phone misunderstood initially and said that I would have to go through my local PD. I reiterated that I live in unincorporated CoCo and my PD is the CoCo SD. After about a 15 minute conversation, the person I spoke with agreed to send me an application.

I took several weeks to prepare and hone my application and good cause statement, collect my three character references. I won't get into details as it related to my GC statement, I will say that I did not put down "personal protection". I took a long time to craft my statement, proofed it several times, used proper grammar, spelling and punctuation and used reasonable and legitimate examples that apply to my specific situation.

I submitted my application and paid my $30 fee. Because of the transition from Sheriff Rupf to Livingston, I was told that my application would not be processed until the new Sheriff settled in and it may take a bit longer than usual. I was very polite, smiled, told this person that I understood and that it was no problem.

I patiently complied, and after about 8 weeks, I received a call for an interview with the Lieutenant. I went to the meeting, it took about 1/2 hour where I was asked some boilerplate questions as well as some questions specific to my GC statement. I was told that my application would be shown to the Sheriff it may take up to a couple weeks and they may ask for some additional details from me.

So I was surprised when I received a call only a couple days later saying that they were moving my application forward (i.e. the Sheriff approved it) and I scheduled a date for my livescan. I again went to Martinez and had my fingerprinting done, they collected my application fee and I scheduled my class and range qualification.

So now I'm waiting for my livescan to come back and after I take the class/pass the qualification, I should be good-to-go. I will come back to update once everything has been finalized.

Overall the process has not been unpleasant. After reading everything I've read and listening to people talk about the probability of getting a CCW in CoCo, I figured I didn't have much of a chance. I'm fortunate that I don't live in an incorporated city, although, neither do I live in a particularly affluent area.

I generally went into this process with a nothing to lose. I was accommodating and respectful when speaking with SD staff, I didn't jump up and down over the few dollars they are overcharging for the fees, although at the same time, I was relieved to find out that I wouldn't need to pay the $300+ until after the Sheriff reviewed my application and gave me the nod.

One more point of note, and although it doesn't apply to me, I did find it interesting. You are only allowed to bring semi-auto pistol with an internal firing block safety or a manual decocking lever/safety and a firing pin safety. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this disqualify many of the 1911's out there?

Cheers.

Last edited by stipartout; 02-15-2011 at 6:30 PM..
Old 02-16-2011, 9:41 AM
Moderator Emeritus

So far, so good STI.

Thanks for the update, it was nice to hear how things are moving along.

HMM-161 Westpac 1994

Last edited by 6172crew; 02-16-2011 at 10:02 AM..
Old 02-20-2011, 6:22 PM

They have you qualify out at Marsh Creek?
Old 02-20-2011, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible_Dave View Post
They have you qualify out at Marsh Creek?
I don't know if that was directed at me, but that's where my qualification is, yes.
Old 02-20-2011, 7:10 PM
I need a LIFE!!

There is action pending in few other counties that needs to resolve prior to taking on Contra Costa head-on. That said, if people want to take a stab at minor reforms, there are some opportunities we can assist with.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 02-22-2011, 8:37 PM

Checking in here just moved trying to decide were to settle down in for awhile CoCoCo or almeada!! When are we going to be like solano
Sorry if the names are spelled wrong I'm new to NorCal so I'm slowly learning the names
Old 02-22-2011, 10:26 PM
I need a LIFE!!

mtsul, Solano isn't that great, but CoCo and Alameda are *not friendly*.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:27 AM

Bout to do the Action Pistol in Concord and join the Diablo Gun Club (name correct) and want to obtain or at least attempt to obtain my CCW in CCC, been a resident all my 29 years. (minus 2 for college).

Dont want to step on toes or waste time, what would the best steps be to help obtain my CCW or at least help the cause? Would waiting be better?

Food for thought...

Parents were robbed about a year ago in San Ramon. $30,000 worth of tools were stolen from my father. Guys came two nights in a row, unreal! Also remember reading about a court in Danville were men from Oakland stormed in armed and forced everyone into a room while they robbed the place. Also remember reading a San Ramon resident was kidnapped at work in Oakland and driven to his house in San Ramon where the robbed his house and drained his bank accounts.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychbiker View Post
Bout to do the Action Pistol in Concord and join the Diablo Gun Club (name correct) and want to obtain or at least attempt to obtain my CCW in CCC, been a resident all my 29 years. (minus 2 for college).
See you in class!
Old 03-15-2011, 6:49 AM

Old 03-17-2011, 8:19 AM
Veteran Member

+1
Originally Posted by keenkeen View Post
"What you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
Old 03-17-2011, 12:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Every time I see this thread bumped I quickly click it hoping for an awesome update. And every time all I see is a damn yellow guy with a cactus and a tumbleweed blowing by hahahahah
Old 03-18-2011, 7:08 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Can you guys give us an update on the GCs? Will they be released soon?

HMM-161 Westpac 1994
Old 03-18-2011, 7:15 AM

Quote:
Must Resist... Dont Say It... Hold it in there.... AAARRGGGG!!!

Old 03-19-2011, 6:51 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
My *guess* is only after the Nordyke opinion is released. How long after that, I won't even hazard a guess at this point.
Old 03-19-2011, 9:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
My *guess* is only after the Nordyke opinion is released. How long after that, I won't even hazard a guess at this point.
Makes no sense to me, IANAL but there are other Counties that had their GC statements posted and then action taken and they became for the most part Shall Issue Counties. I know COCO County will be a bizatch about the whole ordeal to the end but, if other Counties fell then I see no reason, at a minimum, that GC statements cant be posted to all counties regardless of Nordyke.

I totally welcome opinion and comment on this as I may be off my rocker!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Like staring at a pot of water about to boil.

HMM-161 Westpac 1994
Old 04-01-2011, 11:08 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Only some counties' GC statements have not been posted for strategic purposes; others are awaiting redaction, or we simply haven't received them (recall CGF v. Ventura). There are a few games of poker to play yet.

-Brandon

Old 04-09-2011, 9:57 AM

My approved permit came in the mail along with a letter from Sheriff Livingston. Based on the my class and qual, I believe I am the first non-renewal permit issued by Sheriff Livingston.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stipartout View Post
My approved permit came in the mail along with a letter from Sheriff Livingston. Based on the my class and qual, I believe I am the first non-renewal permit issued by Sheriff Livingston.
Congratulation
Old 04-09-2011, 10:16 AM

Damn that is awesome to hear!! Congrats!
Old 04-20-2011, 9:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stipartout View Post
Wow, congrats.

I think they only issued 1 permit for 09 or 10. So, to hear this is great news.

I am sitting on an application for over a few year, maybe it is time I start filling it out.