Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 04-16-2021, 7:06 PM
Veteran Member

Default Robinhood app - 3 Free Stocks with referral

Dont know if it's new or not. Just invested a tiny bit in dogecoin after paying Bill's.

Anyway, each get 3 free stocks with referral link...

https://join.robinhood.com/kevinc-3cf436b
Old 04-16-2021, 7:31 PM

I just did the same thing today.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2021, 7:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegonzo3 View Post
I just did the same thing today.

Yeah, a friend talked me into it. Why not?
Old 04-16-2021, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutsniper687 View Post
Yeah, a friend talked me into it. Why not?
Same here.

Old 04-17-2021, 6:53 AM
CGN Contributor

Robinhood News
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news...od/ar-BB1fGAYB

https://www.tmz.com/2021/03/31/ice-c...no-permission/

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...1-4-1030284638
Old 04-17-2021, 7:04 AM

Why anyone want to use RobberHood is beyond me!....
Old 04-17-2021, 7:32 AM

Webull gives 4 free and
And doesn’t freeze accounts or limits trades when it doesn’t have money to paid out accounts.
http://www.urbanertslings.com/e-rush...actical-slings
Old 04-17-2021, 7:38 AM
Veteran Member

Robinhood is garbage.
Old 04-17-2021, 9:15 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Robinhood, when it was one of the first free trade apps, was an okay option, but since there are many legit institutions with free trading now, not sure why anyone wants to use Robinhood besides ease of use potentially.
Old 04-17-2021, 9:17 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19K View Post
Robinhood is garbage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf & Turf View Post
Why anyone want to use RobberHood is beyond me!....

Millennial herd mentality.....get-rich-quick, social gossip. Not investors.

https://www.activejunky.com/invite/238017

“Criminals, tyrants and terrorists don’t do background checks.” — Judge Roger Benitez, 4/23/2020
Old 04-17-2021, 10:41 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebaneseblonde View Post
Webull gives 4 free and
And doesn’t freeze accounts or limits trades when it doesn’t have money to paid out accounts.
I'll have to look into it and thank you for making a useful comment. I'm very new to it all but looking to eventually make it a thing when my life stabilizes financially.
Old 04-17-2021, 11:28 AM

Don't hate on investors. Better someone buys one share of stock than gets on the government dole. Millennials need all the help they can get with Dumbocrats in charge.

Be sure to add CRPA as your charity in Amazon Smile. $#!thead Bezos canceled it.
Old 04-17-2021, 11:36 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I’ll pay for a legit firm

Any place that gives
1- free trades
2- poor prices on the actual purchase / sale
3- no humans
4- no insurance

Hard pass
Schwab
Ameritrade
E trade
Merrill discount platform edge

When you understand how firms make money- like Facebook - sometimes you stop using them

If a broker charges commissions or fees to cover bills... how can RobinDaHood make money as they don’t charge the normal fees? How are they staying alive?

In old school terms - one investment banker always asked -How do I get Screwed in this deal?

Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
(thanks to Jeff Cooper)
Old 04-17-2021, 2:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermosabeach View Post
I’ll pay for a legit firm

Any place that gives
1- free trades
2- poor prices on the actual purchase / sale
3- no humans
4- no insurance

Hard pass
Schwab
Ameritrade
E trade
Merrill discount platform edge

When you understand how firms make money- like Facebook - sometimes you stop using them

If a broker charges commissions or fees to cover bills... how can RobinDaHood make money as they don’t charge the normal fees? How are they staying alive?

In old school terms - one investment banker always asked -How do I get Screwed in this deal?
Robinhood sells order flow to the market makers to make money. Just as Schwab and other discount brokers have done for years.

I have no problem with it. I like free stuff and these deals subsidize my level 1 data.

Be sure to add CRPA as your charity in Amazon Smile. $#!thead Bezos canceled it.
Old 04-17-2021, 5:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebaneseblonde View Post
Webull gives 4 free and

Webull is Chinese-owned

Just sayin’......

https://www.activejunky.com/invite/238017

“Criminals, tyrants and terrorists don’t do background checks.” — Judge Roger Benitez, 4/23/2020
Old 04-17-2021, 5:29 PM
Mustache Wax Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19K View Post
Robinhood is garbage.
Hot garbage

When the going gets weird, the WEIRD, turn pro.

Last edited by C.Bronson; 04-17-2021 at 7:25 PM..
Old 04-17-2021, 7:11 PM

Doge coin made me some money soooo
Old 04-17-2021, 9:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guninator View Post
Robinhood sells order flow to the market makers to make money. Just as Schwab and other discount brokers have done for years.

I have no problem with it. I like free stuff and these deals subsidize my level 1 data.
The problem isn't just the order flow. Its frontrunning. They have literally been fined for it, and it continues. You are getting screwed coming and going. Add to that the trade restrictions- that may or may not prevent you from buying or selling as they deal with "technical issues". Add to that all of your orders are purchased on margin, not cash purchases- and are never completed unless explicitly converted, to maintain their balance sheets. This is just one of several marketing ploys as they were trying to run up to IPO and now their house of cards is collapsing. You want free trades? Try fidelity, not as many cons for the limited pro's.
Old 04-17-2021, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmikex View Post
Doge coin made me some money soooo
LOL me too. made over $50k yesterday. Will buy again when it hits below $0.2 (this seems to be where the new resistance is)
Old 04-18-2021, 7:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanrock View Post
The problem isn't just the order flow. Its frontrunning. They have literally been fined for it, and it continues. You are getting screwed coming and going. Add to that the trade restrictions- that may or may not prevent you from buying or selling as they deal with "technical issues". Add to that all of your orders are purchased on margin, not cash purchases- and are never completed unless explicitly converted, to maintain their balance sheets. This is just one of several marketing ploys as they were trying to run up to IPO and now their house of cards is collapsing. You want free trades? Try fidelity, not as many cons for the limited pro's.
For the record I've been with Schwab for 30 years, since I had to enter landline phone trades while watching Bill Griffeth on FNN. Now I trade on Streetsmart Edge with Level 1 data. I assure you I do not need broker advice, LOL.

The point of the debate was, is Robinhood an easy app for Millennials to get into investing? I'd say yes; anything that gets young people to start buying stocks and entering the investor class is a good thing. The stock giveaway thing is genius marketing. Oh noes, they sold order flow and gave customers free trades and stocks to do it. A clever startup is making some money while getting young people into investing. Good!

Obviously there are better platforms for experienced investors and traders. But companies like Robinhood have been disruptive and forced all brokers to cut if not eliminate their fees. That is a good thing! Now every broker is offering free trading. I'd suggest you say thank you to Robinhood for their creative destruction.

Nobody is "getting screwed." You set a limit order and it either fills at that price or it doesn't. Robinhood had that one issue with being able to cover a gazillion Gamestock (and other insolvent meme stocks that only rubes would buy) trades in a single day. As if I'd go near that Tulip trading with a ten foot pole.

Ironic that on a gun forum we have so many statists that champion government regulation into free services. By all means, lets go back to the days of huge commissions for orders because we expect free stuff from companies out of the goodness of their hearts? I trust the free market more than I do government regulators. I'd rather have 20 brokerages out there than 5.

Reminds me of the liberals who complained about overdraft fees on bank accounts, so then Congress passed banking "reform" laws eliminating those fees, and then free bank accounts went away, and then poor people couldn't afford the monthly bank accounts and had to go with those predatory check cashing places. So of course Democrats want to get rid of those too (and make the Post Office a bank, because USPS does suck a great job).

It also reminds me of how only high net worth investors can get a bite of pre-IPO secondary market shares, because the government looks out for the little guy! Government to the rescue!

Robinhood has been GREAT for the retail investor because it led the charge to commission-free trading with all brokerages. Meanwhile, our beneficent government wants to add a financial transaction tax on all trades. Thanks for the help, regulators!

Old 04-18-2021, 8:58 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thanks OP I just signed up. I've had e*trade for many years, been happy with them, but if someone is giving away 3 stocks, I'll check it out.
My (FWIW) advice: if you don't have the money to invest, to find a way to save just a little, even if it's $25 per month, look for value stocks. Once they double in value, sell some of the profit to buy another stock.
Old 04-18-2021, 10:12 AM

My link:

Join Robinhood with my link and we'll both get free stock 🤝 https://join.robinhood.com/kennetp1680
Old 04-19-2021, 12:56 PM

I liquidated everything in RH when they paused trading GME and AMC. No one should be doing business with them.
Old 04-19-2021, 2:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineboy005 View Post
I liquidated everything in RH when they paused trading GME and AMC. No one should be doing business with them.
this. they had other trades like pausing dogecoin recently. they do not deserve to survive, protecting their billionaire friends.
Old 04-19-2021, 3:01 PM

Robin Hood is ****, **** them.
Old 04-19-2021, 3:12 PM

I left Robinhood after the whole AMC Gamestop fiasco. I woke up in the morning to a substantial gain on my AMC shares, only to have Robinhood prevent me from selling them. Then once the price had dipped to about a 50% decrease in my gains I was suddenly able to sell. liquidated my Robinhood portfolio because they charge an arm and a leg to transfer as well, and moved the cash to ETrade.
Old 04-21-2021, 2:09 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Robbing Hood is beyond garbage. Stay away from them. I use E*Trade for my long positions and I day trade with TD Ameritrade.
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 66
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Colt Series 70 1911
Sig Sauer West German P228
Glock Gen5 19/17/34 MOS