Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 04-02-2021, 8:42 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Turners opening on Sundays again from April 11

Not a deal, but may be useful.

Hi folks, I was told that my local Turners (Lake Forest) is going to be open again on Sundays from 4/11. I'm not sure if it applies all branches.
Old 04-02-2021, 9:15 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by czakita View Post
Interesting, but will they have any inventory even worth the trip, overbearing policies, or wait?
^This^

Unless you're buying fishing equipment, the stores are bare.

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater
Old 04-02-2021, 9:35 AM
Calguns Addict

I definitely don’t miss going to Turners.
Old 04-02-2021, 12:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

They're fighting to get the limited stock that is available due the huge demand. They wish they had more to be able to sell. Not their fault. They also don't have the buying power like Cabella's, Brownell's etc.

No I don't work for them, but I feel for all companies trying to stay alive through this disaster. And being in CA doesn't help either.
Many of their sales folks are also Veterans who've served our Country. I try to support our Veterans.
Old 04-02-2021, 12:22 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

That's good news. Hopefully stores are starting to reopen without huge lines. The lines were half the problem. Is Katelyn still working as checker at the Orange Store? She had been talking about moving to another State for a long time, then Covid hit. She has been a quality employee and always very helpful. It will be good to be able to buy things again ... even if I have to deal with the State.
Old 04-02-2021, 12:36 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

what's in there to buy?
Old 04-02-2021, 1:51 PM

Never had an issue with Turners. Yes, sometimes you may wait longer than at other places but I’m okay with that. I was able to purchase several hard to find guns there in the last year with fair prices. They haven’t marked up/gouged like some other shops (at least on the guns I purchased).

Last edited by SD619; 04-02-2021 at 3:45 PM..
Old 04-02-2021, 1:55 PM

Ours has always been open on Saturday in palmdale.
Old 04-02-2021, 2:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartridgeCalls View Post
Ours has always been open on Saturday in palmdale.
Sunday.
Old 04-02-2021, 2:24 PM
Veteran Member

If only they had a store in the SF Bay Area- then I could complain and gripe about them too.

Nolite te bastardes carborundorum!
Old 04-02-2021, 2:33 PM
Veteran Member

Sweet... 7 days of suck.
Old 04-02-2021, 4:42 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

The Turners In Sac on Florin has a pretty solid crew that works the gun counter. I can’t say that about any other Turners I’ve been to though.
Old 04-02-2021, 5:25 PM
Banned

Good to know if its all stores. It can get someone out of a jam trying to ppt on Sundays.
Old 04-02-2021, 7:27 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12pewpew View Post
The Turners In Sac on Florin has a pretty solid crew that works the gun counter. I can’t say that about any other Turners I’ve been to though.

I have had exceptional service from this branch. I read the horror stories from SoCal. But after they opened here I had to try, been excellent.
Old 04-02-2021, 8:04 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine View Post
They're fighting to get the limited stock that is available due the huge demand. They wish they had more to be able to sell. Not their fault. They also don't have the buying power like Cabella's, Brownell's etc.

No I don't work for them, but I feel for all companies trying to stay alive through this disaster. And being in CA doesn't help either.
Many of their sales folks are also Veterans who've served our Country. I try to support our Veterans.
Don’t have the buying power? They have huge buying power. They’re #1 in CA.
Old 04-02-2021, 8:20 PM

The Turners in Santa Maria has had a pretty solid rotation of stock of guns recently. I've been surprised.
Their prices are only like 10% more than regular times I feel like. The ammo is certainly more than regular though. Like triple regular costs, but I don't blame them for that.
I hope that one is open sundays too

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Old 04-02-2021, 9:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1recluse View Post
I have had exceptional service from this branch. I read the horror stories from SoCal. But after they opened here I had to try, been excellent.
I used to live in Socal and have been to a handful of Turners there. The gun counters are manned by buffoons.
Old 04-03-2021, 5:20 AM

I don’t always view the deals section, but when I do I expect announcements.
Old 04-03-2021, 6:26 AM
Veteran Member

Turner's Outdoorsman is a good, small chain gun store. I am glad to have one near an area I need to frequent. I have always received pretty good to fantastic service from the Turner's Team and have bought a fair amount of stuff from them.

My only complaint is Turner's tolerance for LookyLoos that jam up the counter but don't buy anything and just want to yabber about stuff they know so little about. That is not so much a problem now that the staff know me and give me a waive by.
Old 04-03-2021, 6:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
I used to live in Socal and have been to a handful of Turners there. The gun counters are manned by buffoons.
Definitely true. There was one hefty fck in Lake Forest who'd lose his breath walking from office/room to counter tried telling me I wouldn't know **** about ARs.

I told his fat *** I have served as Infantry and told his fat *** to watch his weight and mouth.
Old 04-03-2021, 9:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by czakita View Post
Interesting, but will they have any inventory even worth the trip, overbearing policies, or wait?
No, yes, lots.
Old 04-03-2021, 6:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.O.A.R. View Post
Definitely true. There was one hefty fck in Lake Forest who'd lose his breath walking from office/room to counter tried telling me I wouldn't know **** about ARs.

I told his fat *** I have served as Infantry and told his fat *** to watch his weight and mouth.
I'd of paid to witness that. Listening to tub of lard mall ninja blowhards gets old.
Old 04-03-2021, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Swan View Post
I'd of paid to witness that. Listening to tub of lard mall ninja blowhards gets old.
"Tub of lard mall ninja blowhards"
That's a good one.
Hahaha
Old 04-03-2021, 7:03 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakso View Post
"Tub of lard mall ninja blowhards"
That's a good one.
Hahaha
I'm a fatty but I served my country. And copsucking and mall ninja BS from those that didn't really gets on my nerves. Let alone stolen valor.
Old 04-03-2021, 8:32 PM
Banned

I'm a fatty too lol, but the guy was literally huffing with each step. I'm fat and dorky looking and my clothes are what you might find at a thrift store, and last thing people would expect is a Veteran, or a Infantry Vet lol.
Old 04-04-2021, 8:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWDHD? View Post
If only they had a store in the SF Bay Area- then I could complain and gripe about them too.
Hey, no need to feel left out. Take the drive down to Salinas (or Stockton), then you can complain and gripe about service, polices AND the drive just like everyone else!

Seriously, I live in the Bay Area and took the trek down to Salinas twice, once during the height of Covid. Great prices both times. Service was fine, but policies do suck.

I wish they had one closer to Bay Area. One of the guys there told me they tried, but the counties around the Bay Area are just too much of a pain the a** to deal with. I find that easy to believe.
Old 04-04-2021, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandHill View Post
Hey, no need to feel left out. Take the drive down to Salinas (or Stockton), then you can complain and gripe about service, polices AND the drive just like everyone else!

Seriously, I live in the Bay Area and took the trek down to Salinas twice, once during the height of Covid. Great prices both times. Service was fine, but policies do suck.

I wish they had one closer to Bay Area. One of the guys there told me they tried, but the counties around the Bay Area are just too much of a pain the a** to deal with. I find that easy to believe.

I can't believe there's not one location somewhere in the SF Bay Area that Turner's can't get a foothold in. If they got into Stockton- they can't open a store in...say...Vallejo? They were close years ago with San Carlos but that was maybe aiming a bit too high. I never did hear what happened with the lawsuit over that cluster F.

Nolite te bastardes carborundorum!
Old 04-04-2021, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWDHD? View Post
[/B]
I can't believe there's not one location somewhere in the SF Bay Area that Turner's can't get a foothold in. If they got into Stockton- they can't open a store in...say...Vallejo? They were close years ago with San Carlos but that was maybe aiming a bit too high. I never did hear what happened with the lawsuit over that cluster F.
San Carlos would be awesome! But Milpitas would be fine, and I have to believe good business for them too.
Old 04-04-2021, 1:04 PM

Delete

Last edited by Garbcollector; 04-04-2021 at 1:07 PM..
Old 04-04-2021, 1:05 PM

Didn't know they were closed on Sundays? Haven't stepped foot in a turner's since this whole covid thing started, but I still see people lined up waiting to get in.
Old 04-05-2021, 11:39 PM

That Lake Forest location seems to specialize in hiring nerds. On the other hand, I had some good experiences at the Chino Hills location, even during COVID.

I just stopped going to Lake Forest when they started locking the front door during business hours and ignoring anyone who wanted to come in. I get that the people waiting to pick up a firearm need to wait outside, but I just wanted to get some reloading stuff. But none of the jerks would even answer the door. So I am pretty much done with Turners. I will cheerfully pay more elsewhere if i have to, just to support businesses that treat customers well.
Old 04-06-2021, 8:32 AM

Quote:
100% true. Almost got into fisticuffs with one of their morons at Orange because I didn't bow and curtsy sufficiently for them with my gun case I brought in to pick up a PPT'd handgun. Had to get corporate involved to get my PPT'd gun.

I'd sooner go gunless and ammoless before I'd give Turners another penny.

Be sure to add CRPA as your charity in Amazon Smile. $#!thead Bezos canceled it.
Old 04-06-2021, 2:49 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Do we still have to line up outside for no reason? If I can waltz straight into Boot Barn next door theres no reason at all I should have to wait forever on the sidewalk in the hope that some Turners goon might decide to wander over and let someone inside. At least Sportsman’s let’s me wait inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2021, 2:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guninator View Post
100% true. Almost got into fisticuffs with one of their morons at Orange because I didn't bow and curtsy sufficiently for them with my gun case I brought in to pick up a PPT'd handgun. Had to get corporate involved to get my PPT'd gun.

Funny, the one in Orange is the one I usually go to (or HB) and the HB one is a lot worse. Went to HB first to help my friend pick out a gun, and they were idiots, went to Orange and they were actually halfway intelligent. Guess it depends on who you deal with

Link to iTrader feedback page:https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...9#post28178109
Old 04-06-2021, 4:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robdog1 View Post
Funny, the one in Orange is the one I usually go to (or HB) and the HB one is a lot worse. Went to HB first to help my friend pick out a gun, and they were idiots, went to Orange and they were actually halfway intelligent. Guess it depends on who you deal with

One has to wonder where did all the Walmart employees that used to work in ammo went to.
Old 04-06-2021, 7:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guninator View Post

PPTing a gun at Turner's, Bass Pro, Sportsman Warehouse, reminds me of people in to sadomasochism.
Old 04-06-2021, 7:34 PM
Calguns Addict

How’s they inventory at the moment?

iTrader
Old 04-06-2021, 7:57 PM

I used to do business at Signal Hill until one day about 3 yrs ago I did a PPT at West Covina on Azusa and i've never been back to SH since for ANYTHING. I'll drive the 30 or so miles to get good timely service.
Old 04-06-2021, 8:00 PM
Calguns Addict

I haven't done a PPT at a Turner's since about 2001. I haven't been a regular Turner's customer since around 2004-05. Maybe bought 2-3 guns there in last 2-3 years.
Old 04-07-2021, 9:39 AM

Finally, I pretty much only use them to spool reels and change out top shots after each trip. Sunday’s were my day.