Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 9:37 PM

Cabelas have cci std velocity 22lr for 8c per round. Not too bad in these times. Is there any coupon code anyone know of?
Old 07-29-2020, 11:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvr350 View Post
Cabelas have cci std velocity 22lr for 8c per round. Not too bad in these times. Is there any coupon code anyone know of?
Buy digital discount gift cards from places like Raise, now at 8.9% off. Also use a rebater like Active Junky or other for another 2+% cash back.
Old 07-30-2020, 8:04 AM

All my orders cancelled.
Old 07-30-2020, 8:10 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertail View Post
All my orders cancelled.
Did you click on either "pick up" or entered your FFL address in your account?
Old 07-30-2020, 8:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TomT_ View Post
Did you click on either "pick up" or entered your FFL address in your account?
FFL? Free delivery to residence like always. I've had 5 orders cancelled in the past couple days. Got 1 order last week successfully.
Old 07-30-2020, 8:40 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertail View Post
FFL? Free delivery to residence like always. I've had 5 orders cancelled in the past couple days. Got 1 order last week successfully.
That's about the going rate. No, my rate is 1 in 3 gets delivered. As I mentioned in the beginning of the thread, some orders will be canceled. Nothing unusual with that when ordering from BP or Bee Peed, esp. with a new software system. Even with the old one, you never received everything that you order. Been that way for ten years for me.

Note: When I see an item in stock on my wish list, I'll look it up first on the normal site and half the time it won't show in stock. When I go back to my wish list it now shows OOS. It was never in stock. It almost seems they have a rotating in stock on the wish list program that isn't really in stock. That's been that way for years too. Even if I add it to my cart from the wish list and it's accepted, most times the order is acknowledged then a little while later cancelled. I have 6-8 orders in the past few days that have gone that way. Now, I'm a little more picky as I've received enough to keep me shooting for a while, and I don't get so excited when I see something supposedly in stock. Speaking of other online vendors, the "good stuff" only stays around for minutes, and usually when you see it listed on an ammo engine, it will already be OOS. That's the way it's been lately. Is it gonna get better, more plentiful??? My guess is doubtful for this year. I hope I'm wrong though. Since prices at many vendors have nearly doubled and sometimes more than that, it's gonna be a long time before they come back down to where they were late last year, 20-25 cpr delivered.

I still have two orders coming from BP that were up for a long, long time and didn't get canceled. One for Herter's, 6 boxes, the min for free shipping, and one for the Fed Champion that came up, again just enough for free shipping. It has to be available for a long time for me to have a chance of getting it.

Last edited by Calamity Sue; 07-30-2020 at 8:54 AM..
Old 07-30-2020, 9:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamity Sue View Post
Since prices at many vendors have nearly doubled and sometimes more than that, it's gonna be a long time before they come back down to where they were late last year, 20-25 cpr delivered.
It seems to me that every time there's an "ammo shortage" someone makes a pile of money. I'm sure everyone up and down the line makes some, but who do you think is making the big pile?
Old 07-30-2020, 9:33 AM

Quote:
That's about the going rate. No, my rate is 1 in 3 gets delivered. As I mentioned in the beginning of the thread, some orders will be canceled. Nothing unusual with that when ordering from BP or Bee Peed, esp. with a new software system. Even with the old one, you never received everything that you order. Been that way for ten years for me.

Note: When I see an item in stock on my wish list, I'll look it up first on the normal site and half the time it won't show in stock. When I go back to my wish list it now shows OOS. It was never in stock. It almost seems they have a rotating in stock on the wish list program that isn't really in stock. That's been that way for years too. Even if I add it to my cart from the wish list and it's accepted, most times the order is acknowledged then a little while later cancelled. I have 6-8 orders in the past few days that have gone that way. Now, I'm a little more picky as I've received enough to keep me shooting for a while, and I don't get so excited when I see something supposedly in stock. Speaking of other online vendors, the "good stuff" only stays around for minutes, and usually when you see it listed on an ammo engine, it will already be OOS. That's the way it's been lately. Is it gonna get better, more plentiful??? My guess is doubtful for this year. I hope I'm wrong though. Since prices at many vendors have nearly doubled and sometimes more than that, it's gonna be a long time before they come back down to where they were late last year, 20-25 cpr delivered.

I still have two orders coming from BP that were up for a long, long time and didn't get canceled. One for Herter's, 6 boxes, the min for free shipping, and one for the Fed Champion that came up, again just enough for free shipping. It has to be available for a long time for me to have a chance of getting it.

I know better than to get excited. One of 3 orders yesterday didn't get cancelled. Usually if it gets cancelled at least from my experience it happens the same day. Then I made an order for the same ammo today that didn't get cancelled and within an hr they both are gone. I really did think I would get the one from yesterday. I truly hope the same thing that happened to me years ago isn't happening again.
Old 07-30-2020, 9:38 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex231 View Post
It seems to me that every time there's an "ammo shortage" someone makes a pile of money. I'm sure everyone up and down the line makes some, but who do you think is making the big pile?
The small vendor who happens to have an "in" with the distributors. I won't name any, but I've bought some 9mm from these folks, and 22lr too, for $218 a case delivered. It was "on sale" of course. Now, a few months later, it's "on sale" again. It's now regularly priced at $500, "on sale" for $468. The funny part of it is, when they first got it in, it was listed as on sale for $338 or $368 I can't remember which, down from $448. Less than a day later, all the numbers went up. Then two days after that, up again. Get what the market place will buy and keep raising the price. Sucker born every minute. I have a case on BO with some folks that I've done business before, a case of 1K for $242 delivered shipping and tax included. A bit more than I paid for a few months ago, but still not bad. If the price goes up, they will let me know so I can cancel if I desire. CC is not charged til shipped. I did this for several orders. It gives me a hedge on the future, a little bit without costing me anything now. I won't need it for a while also.
Old 07-30-2020, 9:53 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Sometimes you're the ant and sometimes you're the grasshopper

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 07-30-2020, 10:11 AM
Calguns Addict

I would think many times I'm both, same as most folks.
Old 07-30-2020, 6:05 PM

Quote:
The small vendor who happens to have an "in" with the distributors.
It seems like nearly all have raised their prices dramatically. .50 cpr is the new norm for 5.56 so I wonder who is pocketing the extra .20?
Old 07-31-2020, 5:22 AM
Calguns Addict

Win bulk ammo is back up again and is cartable. 9mm IS GONE ALREADY.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/winc...ammo-bulk-pack

Target Sports brand of 9mm is also up at TS.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/targ...-p-110587.aspx

Last edited by Calamity Sue; 07-31-2020 at 5:29 AM..
Old 08-01-2020, 5:14 AM

thanks to calamity sue for all the ammo post. thanks to him i stacked it deep when it was cheap.
Old 08-01-2020, 6:18 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 blazer View Post
thanks to calamity sue for all the ammo post. thanks to him i stacked it deep when it was cheap.
Thanks for the kind words.

I just got "shut out" from buying a type of 9mm that I wanted to try. Reason I got shut out was I didn't have an account. I thought I did. By the time I went thru and added my cc number, the item was OOS. This is just like old times when you have only a few moments to get your order in, unless you were lucky to visit the website when the item just became available. After I finished making an account and checked to make sure my password worked, I went to Ammoseek and saw that it was listed. That tells me the item has been up for a while. Also, in many instances, when it comes up at Ammoseek, it's already OOS. Another reason I'm sorry I missed it, they don't charge me tax. There's still a few places that don't. Hence I don't mind paying a buck or two more for a box of the ammo.
Old 08-01-2020, 6:31 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex231 View Post
It seems like nearly all have raised their prices dramatically. .50 cpr is the new norm for 5.56 so I wonder who is pocketing the extra .20?

Component prices and cost of acquisition are no doubt up for all players at every level

https://www.activejunky.com/invite/238017

“Criminals, tyrants and terrorists don’t do background checks.” — Judge Roger Benitez, 4/23/2020
Old 08-01-2020, 6:48 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post
Component prices and cost of acquisition are no doubt up for all players at every level

The "semi panic" going on for ammo is the biggest reason most of the online dealers have raised prices. They see instant $$$ in their eyes and can charge whatever they want as the public will buy it immediately at any price. I've seen prices at least doubled and many times more than doubled, what they charged just a couple of months ago. Take a look at the big box store prices like BP, Cabela's, Academy, Big 5, and others. Their prices are the same as two months ago, or nearly so. This isn't old stock either, as that's long gone. I've been buying it from these folks as it comes in. Still 25 cpr or under for delivered 9 mm. Not great but in today's times, decent. Yes, component prices could be rising but that takes time to work it's way through, shipping costs are probably rising, as many offered free shipping are no longer doing so. But the big factor here is scarcity due to demand and the small vendor having to make a buck or two more to keep afloat. I'm not blaming them, but I'm not buying from them either.
Old 08-01-2020, 7:54 AM

Quote:
The "semi panic" going on for ammo is the biggest reason most of the online dealers have raised prices. They see instant $$$ in their eyes and can charge whatever they want as the public will buy it immediately at any price.
I agree because I can see no other reason for it. The ammo I bought last weekend that I thought I paid too much for turned out to be a bargain because it would have cost me 33% more this weekend.
Old 08-03-2020, 4:31 AM
Calguns Addict

Federal Champion 9mm is available again. No, the 10% off'er doesn't work on ammo.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/fede...e-handgun-ammo

Now OOS. Right after it came up on wiki it went OOS. Everyone is watching the search engines. You have to see it before it comes up on one of them.

Last edited by Calamity Sue; 08-03-2020 at 5:23 AM..
Old 08-03-2020, 9:03 AM

Lol insane
Old 08-03-2020, 9:52 AM
Calguns Addict

Win bulk packs are back up. Won't last but a few minutes.

Old 08-03-2020, 9:54 AM

2 mins later oos?
Old 08-03-2020, 10:18 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Win bulk packs are back up. Won't last but a few minutes.

Gone
Old 08-03-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstar11909 View Post
2 mins later oos?
Don't worry. You'll be able to buy it on Marketplace or some other online venue at twice the price shortly. There's an ad on CG where you can buy 2 shotguns as soon as the guy finishes the 10 day wait and takes possession. At a tidy profit of course.
Old 08-03-2020, 10:56 AM
Calguns Addict

Back again and just ordered one for a neighbor, the 9mm that is. Doesn't mean I'll get it, as I really think they are just playing with us with this item. Although, I have bought 5 of them the past couple of weeks. Don't want any more Win. I bought the Fed from them this morning and they were available for about 20 minutes that I know of. That order is still active.

Sportsman's Guide supposedly had the S&B 124 gr 9mm in stock in all size boxes. I saw it on the website before it came up on wiki. The case was under $210 with free ship membership plus tax. Never was able to cart it nor any of the other size boxes. Think they were just playing with us too. As mentioned above, it's only gonna get worse, probably. Talking to some of the online owners, it's a real mess and the distributors are playing favorites and raising prices and reducing the amounts for delivery. This is just like ten years ago, but it could even get worse.

Still up for 9mm.

Old 08-03-2020, 10:59 AM
Calguns Addict

Still up.

Gone.

Last edited by Calamity Sue; 08-03-2020 at 11:09 AM..
Old 08-03-2020, 11:56 AM
Norville Iron Bank
CGN Contributor

Bass Pro online: 38 Super for Remington UMC has been instock continuously for 2 days now. $29.99 for 50 which is almost double what it used to cost.

I saw it (38 super ammo) in my local gun store too when everything else was gone.
LGS used to have 38 super 1911 from Phillipines for under $500 all the time, Rock Island. Gone now.

Last edited by Darto; 08-03-2020 at 11:58 AM..
Old 08-03-2020, 12:04 PM
Calguns Addict

I was watching a little store, Glen's Army & Navy, whom I've dealt with a few years ago. They usually offer free shipping, over .... $49 I think. They received some 9mm S&B that they originally had up for sale for $13. The new price was $25. Plus tax, plus shipping for some reason, probably changed the minimum. Anyways, the new cpr was over fifty cents. I just bought some that the price was 23 cpr delivered. Many prices have more than doubled. You have to be there when it comes up, and even then you might not be fast enough. This is for the ones who are still reasonably priced. Try looking for 223/556. The better brass ones are above 60 cpr delivered or higher. These are the same that I bought for 20-24 cpr delivered. Glad I stacked deep and cheap.

PS: It didn't take Glen's long to sell out either.
Old 08-03-2020, 1:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Just had a case of S&B 124 gr 9mm in my cart at Sportsman's Guide but couldn't check out fast enough.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...ounds?a=694778
Old 08-03-2020, 1:50 PM

Keep them coming lol
Old 08-03-2020, 1:56 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I’d better go to my garage and see how I’m charging myself these days. I probably need to raise my prices.
Old 08-03-2020, 2:03 PM

Bass pro often will say they have everything until you try to check out .... it feels like they just want your information !��
Old 08-03-2020, 2:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf & Turf View Post
Bass pro often will say they have everything until you try to check out .... it feels like they just want your information !��
They already have mine.

I don't mind it too much if when I send the order in, they immediately say there's not enough in stock to cover my order. What bleeps me off is when the order is accepted as in process and 4-6 hours later it says canceled. I don't know why it bothers me as it happens fairly frequently. This morning for example, with the Fed. Six hours later it now says cancelled. I wish I knew if this was gonna get better or worse.
Old 08-03-2020, 4:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guninator View Post
I see you're in Nevada. Bass Bozo doesn't honor FFL03's in CA, right?
They don't ship to FFL03's in California.

Here is a list of those that do:

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...ight=ammo+line

And San Jose Bass Pro still has their ridiculous appointment system where you have to go in person just to get the appointment - no making the appointment by phone.
Old 08-03-2020, 10:00 PM

Bass Pro Has Herters 500 round boxes of 115gn 9mm in stock now for 100$. As of late this is the same as WWB just repackaged.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/3074457345619181747
Old 08-04-2020, 4:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacksahi View Post
Bass Pro Has Herters 500 round boxes of 115gn 9mm in stock now for 100$. As of late this is the same as WWB just repackaged.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/3074457345619181747
Whenever I select pickup in store, the website will not let me buy this item. Am I doing something wrong here? I can never purchase any ammo from the website. A little disappointed by the lack of ammo floating around.
Old 08-04-2020, 5:28 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Times like this is when I picked stuff I shouldn’t have.

Maybe I should unload my reloads.

I can’t believe you’re still buying, Calamity!

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 08-04-2020, 6:36 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
Times like this is when I picked stuff I shouldn’t have.

Maybe I should unload my reloads.

I can’t believe you’re still buying, Calamity!

I really don't think stable times are coming. Since I shoot 100+ rounds of 9mm a week now, I want to have a good stock, severals years worth, but I'm not paying the outrageous prices. Nothing over 25 cpr delivered. I forgot to apply one of my old time rules yesterday. Never enter a website looking for ammo until you have checked your payment method to see if it's up to date, and of course, you log into your account first. I missed getting a case of S&B 9mm 124 gr for a delivered price of $220. When that went OOS, I had 20 individual boxes in my cart and as I checked out, they too went OOS. I have the free 30 day membership in my cart to so I get free shipping. I haven't done that for a few years now, as you know I'm well stocked with what I shoot, except for 9mm due to my recent purchase. I put another small order at BP for some Federal that was up a short while. Like yesterday's order, it will probably be canceled. It's right at 26 cpr delivered, hence the small order. I'm looking, but I have a bit now so I'm not buying unless I like the ammo and it's a decent price. That's not gonna happen very often now.
Old 08-04-2020, 6:53 AM

Default WWB

Checked BP site and WWB 500ct was in stock for delivery. Added to my cart and it wouldn't let me change to free ship to store. Here's the message I got:

We are unable to get the usable shipping options. Please try again later, or call Customer Service at 1-800-227-7776.

I'm not an FFL so shipping to me wasn't going to work. Tried a couple of times then the item went OOS.

What a tease!
Old 08-04-2020, 8:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antilamr View Post
Checked BP site and WWB 500ct was in stock for delivery. Added to my cart and it wouldn't let me change to free ship to store. Here's the message I got:

We are unable to get the usable shipping options. Please try again later, or call Customer Service at 1-800-227-7776.

I'm not an FFL so shipping to me wasn't going to work. Tried a couple of times then the item went OOS.

What a tease!

Try checking out as a guest. I found that it will not allow me to check out using ship to store if I am logged in to my account that has my CA address saved. I believe it may disable all ammo shipping options if you have a California address.
Closed Thread