Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-29-2019, 8:24 AM
morrcarr67's Avatar
morrcarr67 morrcarr67 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CA
Posts: 10,618
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default Classic has them on sale for $299

Chinese SKS are on sale for $299. Go get 'em.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/chin...-rifle-762x39/

__________________
Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post

”Benitez 3:29 Thou shall not limit magazine capacity”
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-29-2019, 10:48 AM
Harry Ono Harry Ono is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 251
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Anyone buy that can provide pix and comments on their recent purchase.
Like to hear some feedback.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-29-2019, 11:18 AM
C&Rfan89 C&Rfan89 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 35
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Same bunch they've had at 399/349 for a while now. The one I got was all matching, all metal parts are nice, stock has some dents and dings but nothing out of the ordinary, no cracks. I'm at work so I don't have pictures but can post later if you still want Harry.

At 399 I would say they were worth it, at 299 you can't go wrong.

Just be prepared for some cosmoline cleaning.

Last edited by C&Rfan89; 07-29-2019 at 11:19 AM.. Reason: 1 last thing.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-29-2019, 1:25 PM
steel30's Avatar
steel30 steel30 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,387
iTrader: 168 / 100%
Default

Tempting to pick a few up for that price, especially since they offer an "all matching" option...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-29-2019, 1:55 PM
jwfire25's Avatar
jwfire25 jwfire25 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 365
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

The 2 I purchased both have matching numbers and milled triggers. Both function flawlessly. Happy with the purchase

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-29-2019, 3:08 PM
SkyHawk's Avatar
SkyHawk SkyHawk is offline
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nakatomi Plaza - 30th floor
Posts: 13,885
iTrader: 161 / 100%
Default

Alright I bit, now let's see what they send me. If they look as good as those ^^^^^^ I will be happy.

I went for the extra $20 best of 10 and matching numbers.
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-29-2019, 3:25 PM
Gavelek's Avatar
Gavelek Gavelek is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,394
iTrader: 93 / 100%
Default

They selling crates of them as well; 20 rifles with slings, kits and oilers, all for special price of 5,999.99 (+tax and shipping)
So who’s on the deal?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-29-2019, 5:10 PM
Latigo's Avatar
Latigo Latigo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lost Prairie Montana
Posts: 2,055
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Man! This kills me. I think I've outlived reality. Back in the late 60's and early 70's I was buying these things for $89.oo and selling them here for $129.oo when I bought them in groups of 10. What the hell happened to make them so valuable???

P
__________________
Latigo and P
An'' ole' Brer' Rabbit...... he set in de bushes..... he watch an' he wait... lay low an' he don' say nuffin'.

www.swissproductsusa.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-29-2019, 6:14 PM
major burnout's Avatar
major burnout major burnout is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,878
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latigo View Post
Man! This kills me. I think I've outlived reality. Back in the late 60's and early 70's I was buying these things for $89.oo and selling them here for $129.oo when I bought them in groups of 10. What the hell happened to make them so valuable???

P
Factor in 50 years of inflation and they are cheaper now than then.
__________________
Calguns- redacted more than Hillarys bengazi emails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlesnake_nm View Post
10/4 . Ranger pm'd me. I will chill on replying to insults with my own insults. Thanks for the heads up.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-29-2019, 6:47 PM
omega's Avatar
omega omega is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,194
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I always preferred the sks because it's a actual military used / surplus rifle

not a modern reproduction mfg for civilian use
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-29-2019, 6:48 PM
Dan_Eastvale's Avatar
Dan_Eastvale Dan_Eastvale is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,882
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latigo View Post
Man! This kills me. I think I've outlived reality. Back in the late 60's and early 70's I was buying these things for $89.oo and selling them here for $129.oo when I bought them in groups of 10. What the hell happened to make them so valuable???

P
The Norincos at the Great Western late 80s were $79 and they were in excellent (95%+) if not unissued condition. I have four including a security forces imported by Kengs Firearms. Of course they have the import markings..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-29-2019, 7:00 PM
major burnout's Avatar
major burnout major burnout is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,878
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavelek View Post
They selling crates of them as well; 20 rifles with slings, kits and oilers, all for special price of 5,999.99 (+tax and shipping)
So who’s on the deal?
You can save $.19 if you buy 20 single rifles.
__________________
Calguns- redacted more than Hillarys bengazi emails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlesnake_nm View Post
10/4 . Ranger pm'd me. I will chill on replying to insults with my own insults. Thanks for the heads up.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-29-2019, 7:25 PM
kcheung2's Avatar
kcheung2 kcheung2 is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,188
iTrader: 33 / 100%
Default

The video mentions that they're trying to turn over inventory to raise funds for a separate deal. It would be interesting what that new buy could be. Especially considering they're willing to take a hit on margins, which implies the next deal will have higher margins to offset that, and that Classic thinks that even with these higher margins they'll still be able to sell them.

The video said the condition of these is similar to the stuff they've been selling for the past few months. The one I got from them back in March was mostly matching (1 part was a different serial, but I forgot which part & I don't want to take it out to check) with moderate stock dings but no cracks, and very good blueing. The impressive part were the internals. The piston face was completely clean, no soot at all. Also, the bolt face had no wear at all, there was no sign of the primer corrosion ring.
__________________
---------------------
"There is no "best." If there was, everyone here would own that one, and no other." - DSB
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-29-2019, 7:36 PM
rudigan's Avatar
rudigan rudigan is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fresno County
Posts: 1,664
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Very interesting.
So help me out please, (and I don't have a C and R lic). Classic guns are in NC, so you order/Pay for gun and shipping from Classic, and they ship to an FFL in CA? Then FFL charges transfer fee and DROS?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-29-2019, 8:08 PM
AlienHobo's Avatar
AlienHobo AlienHobo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 562
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudigan View Post
Very interesting.
So help me out please, (and I don't have a C and R lic). Classic guns are in NC, so you order/Pay for gun and shipping from Classic, and they ship to an FFL in CA? Then FFL charges transfer fee and DROS?
Yes. FFL also charges sales tax.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-29-2019, 9:05 PM
SkyHawk's Avatar
SkyHawk SkyHawk is offline
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nakatomi Plaza - 30th floor
Posts: 13,885
iTrader: 161 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienHobo View Post
Yes. FFL also charges sales tax.
Actually Classic, like so many others, now collects CA sales tax. My order was like $377 with the $20 hand select and $30 ship + $4 ship insurance, + CA tax.
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-29-2019, 9:07 PM
jwfire25's Avatar
jwfire25 jwfire25 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 365
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
Actually Classic, like so many others, now collects CA sales tax. My order was like $377 with the $20 hand select and $30 ship + $4 ship insurance, + CA tax.
Well if that's the case or not. The FFL I use still collected tax on both my rifles from classic. Plus the dros and FFL fee. Hopefully I didn't get double taxed

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-29-2019, 9:23 PM
SkyHawk's Avatar
SkyHawk SkyHawk is offline
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nakatomi Plaza - 30th floor
Posts: 13,885
iTrader: 161 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfire25 View Post
Well if that's the case or not. The FFL I use still collected tax on both my rifles from classic. Plus the dros and FFL fee. Hopefully I didn't get double taxed

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Depends on when you bought. Classic has been charging CA sales tax for a month or two now.
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-29-2019, 9:28 PM
thetruecheese thetruecheese is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 344
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

whats a good estimate for all-in price with ffl transfer etc?
very interested in one of these
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-29-2019, 9:51 PM
AlienHobo's Avatar
AlienHobo AlienHobo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 562
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruecheese View Post
whats a good estimate for all-in price with ffl transfer etc?
very interested in one of these
Using SkyHawk's example, about $400, depending on what your FFL fees are.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-29-2019, 9:56 PM
SkyHawk's Avatar
SkyHawk SkyHawk is offline
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nakatomi Plaza - 30th floor
Posts: 13,885
iTrader: 161 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienHobo View Post
Using SkyHawk's example, about $400, depending on what your FFL fees are.
Maybe more like $420+. $380 just gets you a gun/tax/ship/DROS, add another $20 if you want hand select and $40+ for the transfer fee. Some FFLs will charge $75-$125 for transfer fees.
__________________
.


Last edited by SkyHawk; 07-29-2019 at 9:59 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-29-2019, 9:58 PM
jwfire25's Avatar
jwfire25 jwfire25 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 365
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
Maybe more like $450. $400 just gets you a gun/tax/ship/DROS, add another $40+ for the transfer fee.
Exactly. I paid close to 550 or so after all was said and done when they were 399


Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-29-2019, 10:51 PM
hambam105 hambam105 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,917
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I bet 10 bucks if they dropped the price of SKSs to $39.50 each with free delivery
by tomorrow, half of these people would still want to wait & see.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-29-2019, 10:59 PM
MajorSideburns's Avatar
MajorSideburns MajorSideburns is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 728
iTrader: 41 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruecheese View Post
whats a good estimate for all-in price with ffl transfer etc?
very interested in one of these
You are looking at an extra $100 in FFL and DROS fees (probably more unless you can find an FFL to transfer for less than $65 which is hard to find), plus the cost of CA sales tax (at least $25), plus shipping from classic ($30ish), plus the mandatory $20 hand select fee from classic (unless you want a complete dog or basket case), plus your time and gas going to the FFL twice. It's obviously a much better deal for C&R holders who live in the USA. But for us Californians, $460-$500 depending on FFL fees is probably what you should expect the total out the door cost to be...somewhere in that ballpark anyway?
__________________
If you are not familiar with the below sites, I encourage you to check them out and use them for cash back and great deals on ammo from Cabela's and such. Check the deals forum here on calguns and you will see a lot of us using these now. If you are kind enough to sign up through my below referral links, we both get instant bonus rewards. Thanks!

http://activejunky.com/invite/186564
http://www.swagbucks.com/p/register?rb=32948177
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-30-2019, 5:46 AM
AlienHobo's Avatar
AlienHobo AlienHobo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 562
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
Maybe more like $420+. $380 just gets you a gun/tax/ship/DROS, add another $20 if you want hand select and $40+ for the transfer fee. Some FFLs will charge $75-$125 for transfer fees.
I forgot the DROS... Here are my numbers:

$300 Gun + $30 Ship + $4 Insurance + $27 tax + $25 DROS + $35 FFL (Left Coast Tactical) = $421 total (no hand select).

Last edited by AlienHobo; 07-30-2019 at 5:49 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-30-2019, 9:33 AM
familyfarm's Avatar
familyfarm familyfarm is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 326
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

You guys suck. I will post pics when it comes...
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-30-2019, 9:59 AM
YoungKee YoungKee is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Directly above the Center of the Earth
Posts: 206
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSideburns View Post
You are looking at an extra $100 in FFL and DROS fees (probably more unless you can find an FFL to transfer for less than $65 which is hard to find), plus the cost of CA sales tax (at least $25), plus shipping from classic ($30ish), plus the mandatory $20 hand select fee from classic (unless you want a complete dog or basket case), plus your time and gas going to the FFL twice. It's obviously a much better deal for C&R holders who live in the USA. But for us Californians, $460-$500 depending on FFL fees is probably what you should expect the total out the door cost to be...somewhere in that ballpark anyway?
Your numbers are about right, but my non-hand select was not a dog or basket case. Bluing is strong, the action is smooth and the stock itself is in decent shape but for the finish. No serious dings or gouges. I will probably refinish it. Overall I am happy with my random pull $349 rifle. I did have a minor issue with Riflegear telling me that Classic simply listing the amount of "tax" collected on the receipt was not sufficient to show no tax was due, and it needed to show "California tax" collected. A phone call to Classic got that fixed very quickly, though. Riflegear charged $60 for the transfer and my total cost was right around $500 otd. I picked it up a week ago.
Edit: Also, only one trip to Riflegear since I have an 03 and COE.
__________________
IAALBIANYL. I do not post legal advice on public forums. Anything I post is personal opinion and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Have a nice day.

Last edited by YoungKee; 07-30-2019 at 10:05 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-30-2019, 10:13 AM
major burnout's Avatar
major burnout major burnout is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,878
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcheung2 View Post
moderate stock dings but no cracks, and very good blueing. The impressive part were the internals. The piston face was completely clean, no soot at all. Also, the bolt face had no wear at all, there was no sign of the primer corrosion ring.
Has anyone seen stock carvings on this last batch? Any signs they were used in Albania or wherever these were imported from?

Ive heard China doesnt hand out a whole lot of ammo to their soldiers. With the lack of range use I'm thinking China is selling their old boot camp stock to a middle man and we are importing them.
__________________
Calguns- redacted more than Hillarys bengazi emails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlesnake_nm View Post
10/4 . Ranger pm'd me. I will chill on replying to insults with my own insults. Thanks for the heads up.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-30-2019, 12:58 PM
marksmandowntown's Avatar
marksmandowntown marksmandowntown is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,373
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

This is a really good deal. If you are on the fence, get off. You won't see this price again. This is a really good starter C&R gun and it can shoot cheap Russian steel case ammo. Buy now!
__________________
GREATER SACRAMENTO AREA REALTOR
PM for a free list of homes & income properties, or to see what your house is worth. BRE:#01443195 Fathom Realty
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-30-2019, 1:28 PM
California_Deplorable's Avatar
California_Deplorable California_Deplorable is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: everywhere
Posts: 3,801
iTrader: 35 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by major burnout View Post
Has anyone seen stock carvings on this last batch? Any signs they were used in Albania or wherever these were imported from?

Ive heard China doesnt hand out a whole lot of ammo to their soldiers. With the lack of range use I'm thinking China is selling their old boot camp stock to a middle man and we are importing them.
The Chinese guns are chromelined and most just have finish wear. Bores are usually pristine. I picked up a couple of the ones from Albania back in 2012-2013. They were very early '50s-'60s guns with blade bayonets. These spike bayonet guns look just as well made probably have even less wear.
__________________
The OPINIONS expressed herein are NOT legal advice and should not be taken too seriously. This is the internet after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezfoo View Post
And the lord appeared unto him and spoketh "tere henges". And he did knoweth in two weeks shall be the terrible boating accident whereas upon the mighty waves will the shoulder thing that goes up be lost beneath the sea. All rise. Sit down. Rise again. Sit down. Behold the non homo dancing. Amen
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 07-30-2019, 3:25 PM
-hanko's Avatar
-hanko -hanko is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bay Area & SW Idaho
Posts: 11,276
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcheung2 View Post
The video mentions that they're trying to turn over inventory to raise funds for a separate deal. It would be interesting what that new buy could be. Especially considering they're willing to take a hit on margins, which implies the next deal will have higher margins to offset that, and that Classic thinks that even with these higher margins they'll still be able to sell them.
You're saying you actually believe Classic is "willing to take a hit on margins"?...or for that matter, anything else?
__________________
Tactical is like boobs...you can sell anything with it....arf

If I could live my life all over,
It wouldn't matter anyway,
'Cause I never could stay sober
On the Corpus Christi Bay. Robert Earl Keene

Heaven goes by favor.
If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-30-2019, 9:22 PM
boopiejones's Avatar
boopiejones boopiejones is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,859
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hanko View Post
You're saying you actually believe Classic is "willing to take a hit on margins"?...or for that matter, anything else?
I don’t think he means they’re taking a loss. “Taking a hit on margins” means smaller margins. they’re making a smaller profit per gun, but I’m sure they’re still making a profit.

I just bought two. Their website says today is the final day of the sale.
__________________
my Benitez goes to 11
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-31-2019, 3:27 AM
major burnout's Avatar
major burnout major burnout is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,878
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by California_Deplorable View Post
The Chinese guns are chromelined and most just have finish wear. Bores are usually pristine. I picked up a couple of the ones from Albania back in 2012-2013. They were very early '50s-'60s guns with blade bayonets. These spike bayonet guns look just as well made probably have even less wear.
Is the piston face completely clean on your chrome lined sks? How about the bolt face? Do you know where this recent batch was imported from?

I picked up a matching 4 digit from the 2013 batch.
__________________
Calguns- redacted more than Hillarys bengazi emails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlesnake_nm View Post
10/4 . Ranger pm'd me. I will chill on replying to insults with my own insults. Thanks for the heads up.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-31-2019, 5:22 AM
Spyder's Avatar
Spyder Spyder is online now
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In a shack, in the woods
Posts: 12,652
iTrader: 107 / 100%
Default

Hmmmm...Maybe I should finally use my 03 to buy a rifle!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-31-2019, 7:53 AM
SemperInExcretiaSumus's Avatar
SemperInExcretiaSumus SemperInExcretiaSumus is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 124
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Does Classic ship to an FFL, or do they require that you have a Type 03 FFL?

At this price, I want like two of them.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-31-2019, 7:54 AM
blackrat blackrat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 905
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

I was happy with mine at the original price, this is a great deal.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-31-2019, 9:18 AM
California_Deplorable's Avatar
California_Deplorable California_Deplorable is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: everywhere
Posts: 3,801
iTrader: 35 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by major burnout View Post
Is the piston face completely clean on your chrome lined sks? How about the bolt face? Do you know where this recent batch was imported from?

I picked up a matching 4 digit from the 2013 batch.
I havent looked at it in a while but from what I can remember, all parts were very clean on the inside, once I removed the cosmoline. I had one of those early "ghost" guns from the 2013 batch. It had a Tula dust cover and unmarked replacement stock. A few months later I picked up an all matching '58 Arsenal 26.
__________________
The OPINIONS expressed herein are NOT legal advice and should not be taken too seriously. This is the internet after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezfoo View Post
And the lord appeared unto him and spoketh "tere henges". And he did knoweth in two weeks shall be the terrible boating accident whereas upon the mighty waves will the shoulder thing that goes up be lost beneath the sea. All rise. Sit down. Rise again. Sit down. Behold the non homo dancing. Amen

Last edited by California_Deplorable; 07-31-2019 at 9:33 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-31-2019, 10:09 AM
SemperInExcretiaSumus's Avatar
SemperInExcretiaSumus SemperInExcretiaSumus is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 124
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I picked one up for myself, being sent to my local FFL.

The FFL is also a gunsmith, so I can have them clean it up and test it for me, too.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-31-2019, 10:41 AM
California_Deplorable's Avatar
California_Deplorable California_Deplorable is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: everywhere
Posts: 3,801
iTrader: 35 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperInExcretiaSumus View Post
The FFL is also a gunsmith, so I can have them clean it up and test it for me, too.
Thats half the fun of buying a C&R. I use OMS, an old toothbrush and some rags. Works like a charm. Very simple easy method to remove cosmoline. Some guys have crazy drawn out procedures for removing cosmoline, most of which make a huge mess. Like getting a plastic tub and filling it up with boiling water or putting it in a plastic bag and leaving it on their dashboard in their car for a week. Haha. OMS dissolves cosmoline on contact.
__________________
The OPINIONS expressed herein are NOT legal advice and should not be taken too seriously. This is the internet after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezfoo View Post
And the lord appeared unto him and spoketh "tere henges". And he did knoweth in two weeks shall be the terrible boating accident whereas upon the mighty waves will the shoulder thing that goes up be lost beneath the sea. All rise. Sit down. Rise again. Sit down. Behold the non homo dancing. Amen
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-31-2019, 10:58 AM
major burnout's Avatar
major burnout major burnout is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,878
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by California_Deplorable View Post
I havent looked at it in a while but from what I can remember, all parts were very clean on the inside, once I removed the cosmoline. I had one of those early "ghost" guns from the 2013 batch. It had a Tula dust cover and unmarked replacement stock. A few months later I picked up an all matching '58 Arsenal 26.
From my limited experience the piston face will get burnt from just a few rounds. The side of the piston will clean up easily and shine even after hundreds of rounds. Doesnt take much to leave a primer ring on the bolt face either.

This lot seems to have been fired very little considering all the bumps and bruises on the stock. Chu wood is very soft. Cool guns at a very good price. If China is liquidating all their SKS rifles we will have a steady supply for years to come.
__________________
Calguns- redacted more than Hillarys bengazi emails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlesnake_nm View Post
10/4 . Ranger pm'd me. I will chill on replying to insults with my own insults. Thanks for the heads up.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:07 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.