Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 09-08-2019, 10:54 PM

Default C&R Purchase Question for 2019

Hi guys, I'm an FFL03 + CoE holder. I haven't purchased a C&R firearm for a long time, last time I did it, I was able to ship it directly to my home and register it on CFARS. Now at this point of time with all the confusing new regulations in place, I have the following question:

1. Can I still purchase C&R rifles, say from an out-of-CA seller on Gunbroker, and have it shipped to my home address? Or do I need to DROS it by an FFL01?
2. What's the time limit between I acquire the firearm and deadline of registering it on CFARS?
3. Does CFARS require ReadID DL now? I've read couple recent post mentioning it but just wanted to double check.

Thank you!
Old 09-08-2019, 11:00 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKsan View Post
Hi guys, I'm an FFL03 + CoE holder. I haven't purchased a C&R firearm for a long time, last time I did it, I was able to ship it directly to my home and register it on CFARS. Now at this point of time with all the confusing new regulations in place, I have the following question:

1. Can I still purchase C&R rifles, say from an out-of-CA seller on Gunbroker, and have it shipped to my home address? Or do I need to DROS it by an FFL01?
2. What's the time limit between I acquire the firearm and deadline of registering it on CFARS?
3. Does CFARS require ReadID DL now? I've read couple recent post mentioning it but just wanted to double check.

Thank you!
Even C&R rifles have to be transferred through an FFL if shipped from out of state.

Time limit is stated on CFARS- I think itís within 30 days.

Donít know about realid.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enegue View Post
Even C&R rifles have to be transferred through an FFL if shipped from out of state.

Donít know about realid.
Thanks
Old 09-09-2019, 6:56 AM
retired Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKsan View Post

Thank you!
Nope.
Starting 01-01-2015, shipments to CA need to go through a CA FFL dealer.

When acquiring a C&R long gun while inside of CA, you have 30 days to report it. [PC 27966(f)]
When bringing a C&R firearm that you acquired while physically outside of CA, you have 5 day to report it. [PC 27565(b)]

CFARS and paper forms, requires a valid REAL ID compliant CA DL/ID or additional documents if it's a "Federal Limits Apply" CA DL/ID.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.Ē - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 09-09-2019, 9:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
Nope.

When acquiring a C&R long gun while inside of CA, you have 30 days to report it. [PC 27966(f)]
When bringing a C&R firearm that you acquired while physically outside of CA, you have 5 day to report it. [PC 27565(b)]

CFARS and paper forms, requires a valid REAL ID compliant CA DL/ID or additional documents if it's a "Federal Limits Apply" CA DL/ID.
Thank you!
Old 09-09-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
Nope.

Hi, the penal codes 27585 and 27565 seem to say that FFL03+CoE licensed collectos can still have out-of-state C&R long guns shipped to them directly, and then register it on CFARS within 5 days.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...5.&lawCode=PEN

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...ctionNum=27565.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enegue View Post

Donít know about realid.
Hi, the penal codes 27585 and 27565 seem to say that FFL03+CoE licensed collectos can still have out-of-state C&R long guns shipped to them directly, and then register it on CFARS within 5 days.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...5.&lawCode=PEN

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...ctionNum=27565.