Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated Lever action, bolt action or other non gas operated centerfire rifles.

Old 07-04-2020, 5:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giaking70 View Post

I got two of these Marlin 45-70 because I don't want to make the same mistake I made back earlier this year. Back in early March, I bought a Mossberg 500 Tactical, the one that comes with the ghost ring sights and heat shield. Well, Turners had a closeout on those for a very good price, I think they were $359 on closeout. I bought one and my mistake was I didn't buy the display model too as that was all that store had. So, thats why I got the two Marlins...

Have a safe 4th of July...
I donít understand, why would you buy 2 of the same exact guns just because they were on sale? It seems like you regret not buying 2 of the mossbergs, why exactly? To sell or trade in the future?
Old 07-04-2020, 5:52 AM

If I came across a gun I really liked at a deal I couldn't pass up I wouldn't hesitate. If there were two of them and the price was really low I would consider buying both. Not needing both wouldn't be enough of a reason not to.
Old 07-04-2020, 5:56 AM
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19K View Post
I donít understand, why would you buy 2 of the same exact guns just because they were on sale? It seems like you regret not buying 2 of the mossbergs, why exactly? To sell or trade in the future?
I buy in pairs fairly often. No real reason, but I've done it at least a dozen times in the last couple years.
Old 07-04-2020, 1:55 PM

I bought two because why not. Haven't you even gone into any retailer and saw something on sale and you buy it to say to yourself a week later...I should of bought another one for the kids room...or I should of bought one for the garage...or I should of bought one for the spare bedroom...or I should of bought one for the tool kit...its the same logic here.

Yes I regretted not buying the second Mossberg because they were at such a awesome price. Thats why I bought two of those Marlins...again, the same logic. No, I wasn't going to trade or sell them later. When it comes to firearms, I don't sell or trade it later, i buy it to keep it, simple as that, you know?

Two is two and none is none...
Old 07-04-2020, 3:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19K View Post

I occasionally buy two or more of the same gun. In my case they are going into the safe(s) for a gun trust I have for my grandchildren and great grandchildren.

Steve in N CA
Old 07-04-2020, 3:26 PM
- DVC - Mojave Lever Crew
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Because in the immortal! words of one Clint Smith:

"Two is one and one is none."

That's why!
"[The Left] will not accept the truth that if you take all the guns off the street you still will have a crime problem, whereas if you take the criminals off the street you will not have a gun problem." - Jeff Cooper

."Get a proper holster, and go hot. The End." - splithoof

.Member NRA and Mojave Lever Crew | Stuck somewhere between Cowboy and Tactical | Bolts, levers, single actions and 1911s | 1A - 2A = -1A
Old 07-05-2020, 2:27 PM

I could see purchasing 2 of a rare or unique item at a good price, Or for an investment like during SSE a few years back, but to buy two run of the mill guns just because, seems pointless . Buying one to just store in the safe seems like a waste of space, even if for the children or grand children (who’s to say they will even like or want guns? lol).

There are exceptions though, like collections, getting a garand or 1903 or similar milsurp from all the different manufacturers has more of a purpose to me. But I guess it’s all just personal preference.
Old 07-05-2020, 3:50 PM

Perhaps if you have 2 of the same gun and kept them in a dark safe for enough time they will breed?
Old 07-05-2020, 5:47 PM

I like having a second of everything as a backup, but given limited safe space I currently resist the urge.
Old 07-05-2020, 6:08 PM
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor

I like when people willingly spend their own earned money on things that make them happy to buy for themselves, or others, regardless of what those purchases may be.
Old 07-08-2020, 7:07 AM

I bought two of the same gun this year. Big 5 had 20ga Mossberg 500's on closeout for $259. I bought one for Upland game and bought a second one from the next town over the next day for my son. Price was too good to pass up.