Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 11-29-2020, 12:48 PM

Default Riverside CCW interview

If you have had the interview in Riverside County, how did it go? What do they ask? How long is it? Do they tell you whether it looks good for you pending range qualification? Thanks
Old 11-29-2020, 2:39 PM

my experience from approx 2 years ago was that the Investigator basically just goes through your application with you confirming answers.
They will look at your GC statement and my Investigator made a few suggestions on it (what parts I could take out).
Total time was maybe 30 minutes and we spent a bit of that just shooting the breeze.

Think of it like a traffic stop: if you pass the attitude test and there's no complications or long record you're probably going to be just fine and the encounter is fairly pleasant.

dont' over think it, be your self and you'll probably be fine.
and yes, if they think your application looks good you'll be encouraged to complete your required training.
Old 12-09-2020, 10:31 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

My interview lasted a total of 8 minutes, with the last two minutes being spent telling me the instructions for livescans.

So long as you don't have a lengthy or recent criminal history, everything will be short and quick. My investigator asked me a bunch of Yes/No questions, like if I currently have a restraining order against me. Then he asked what I did for work. He asked me if I was the lawful owner of the guns I was applying to have on my CCW, and then confirmed their serial numbers with me. And lastly, he spent a brief moment talking to me about my good cause statement, which all revolved around the theme of self defense.

I already did the range qual and 8 hour class before my interview. I recommend doing that BEFORE the interview, it'll allow for the process to move much more quickly.

My investigator told me things looked good. He said my good cause "hit the nail on the head."

I never once felt like my interaction with him was adversarial. He was a friendly guy.

Last edited by Maulerrr; 12-09-2020 at 10:37 AM..
Old 02-27-2021, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maulerrr View Post
My interview lasted a total of 8 minutes, with the last two minutes being spent telling me the instructions for livescans.

So long as you don't have a lengthy or recent criminal history, everything will be short and quick. My investigator asked me a bunch of Yes/No questions, like if I currently have a restraining order against me. Then he asked what I did for work. He asked me if I was the lawful owner of the guns I was applying to have on my CCW, and then confirmed their serial numbers with me. And lastly, he spent a brief moment talking to me about my good cause statement, which all revolved around the theme of self defense.

I already did the range qual and 8 hour class before my interview. I recommend doing that BEFORE the interview, it'll allow for the process to move much more quickly.

My investigator told me things looked good. He said my good cause "hit the nail on the head."

I never once felt like my interaction with him was adversarial. He was a friendly guy.
What were your good causes?
Old 02-28-2021, 7:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanwk View Post
If you have had the interview in Riverside County, how did it go? What do they ask? How long is it? Do they tell you whether it looks good for you pending range qualification? Thanks
I think it took me longer to find a parking spot at BCTC, than my interview lasted.

As posted above, don't overthink this. The Deputies that I've dealt with are extremely cool. If you are not a prohibited person,
Sheriff Bianco wants you to have a CCW permit.

Everything you need to know is on the RCSD website. The CCW Unit was a really well oiled machine, until the Kung Flu happened.
Now they are doing the best that they can, due to the circumstances.
And they said, "Lord, behold, here are two Glocks."
And He said unto them, "Meh, it's a good start."

Luke 22:36-38 (somewhat paraphrased)
Old 03-02-2021, 10:44 AM
Snake..Snake? SNAAAAKKE!!
CGN Contributor

10 minutes tops

More of a review of application and making sure you are who you say you are. The staff are very pro-CCW.