Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 09-29-2019, 8:11 PM

Default Canceled, sorry! 10/5 SJ Zouaves & Santa Clara: County Match & New Shooters Day

San Jose Zouaves is a high-power rifle club with the aim of encouraging organized rifle competition among civilian shooters with an emphasis on safety, fundamental marksmanship, firearms knowledge, and good sportsmanship.

-----------

On the first Saturday of the month (The next one is October 5th), the club partners with Santa Clara County and hosts an introductory course in high powered rifle fundamentals. Basic training on the operation and accurate firing of rifles is provided first, followed by a scored, 50 round competition.

Completion of this course also serves as "proof of skill" to join the Zouaves as a club member, which means you may join Third Saturday competitions, and special themed matches after paying a $40 membership fee. Completion of some government recognized competition is required for safety reasons, and this counts as that. This match ALSO qualifies you to purchase M1 Garands through The CMP. I post more about Club Matches a week before the next one, but you can PM me with questions.

-----------

When: October 5th. Check-in is from 8:00am to 8:30am.

Where: Santa Clara Field Sports Park (Metcalf) 200 yard range. Here's a map for parking and meeting locations.

Cost: $20 and bring 60 rounds of appropriate ammo (See below).

Rifles: You may bring your own, but the club has AR-15s and M1 Garands to rent for free. Please e-mail sjzouaves@gmail.com or PM me if you intend to borrow one, so the club can ensure enough rifles are on hand.

AR Ammo: If you are shooting our ARs, they'll take commercial 55-75grain 5.56 or .223.

M1 Ammo: If you intend to shoot our Garands, three are able to handle commercial loads while four can only fire "Garand Safe" ammo. Some stores sell boxes that are specifically labeled for the Garand, but 150 grain, 2700fps loads will work for any of them. If you cannot find any, buy some 147-150 grain FMJ and we'll trade you or let us know to bring the commercial-capable Garands.

What to bring: Pants and closed toe shoes are recommended. Long sleeves and sunscreen can be handy, but the firing line is covered. Natural breaks come up while targets are swapped out so bring water and a snack. If you have ear and eye protection, and a shooting mat bring them along, but we have free loaners if you don't!

There's an FAQ here with more info for first time attendees.

-----------

It's a fun time, and you not only get to meet and shoot with other South Bay rifle enthusiasts, but it is also a great opportunity to fire an AR-15 or an M1 Garand with support staff if you haven't before.
If you're interested in attending, feel free to PM me, check out our website, or e-mail us at sjzouaves@gmail.com

See you on the range!

Last edited by SJZ_Katsu; 10-04-2019 at 6:44 PM..
Old 10-04-2019, 6:42 PM

Sorry guys, the county had to cancel this event. I don't know personally but it could be because of the strike that just started.