Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

View Poll Results: What are your feelings about Front Sight?
Great Training for Beginners Only. 85 8.43%
Great Training Beginner and Advanced. 675 66.96%
The Quality of Training is Going Down Hill. 23 2.28%
I paid too much for my Membership! 45 4.46%
They will go out of business this year! 25 2.48%
Don't want anything to do with them! 155 15.38%
Voters: 1008. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #12521  
Old 12-10-2020, 1:20 PM
NorthBay Shooter's Avatar
NorthBay Shooter NorthBay Shooter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 510
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

I wore a FS hat one time to an IDPA match. I spent half the time defending FS from people that had never been there and were telling me how crappy it was. Besides saying they should go before they comment, they all should have waiting until we finished shooting if you get my drift. Most stopped talking crap once we got going. On a stage with a palm strike, step back start and one shooting from retention, I was faster than almost everyone. All because of FS. On the palm strike start, I did the palm strike, step back draw and shoot two (down zero's) and was off to the next position before the RO could get out of the way and slammed into him. Could never had done that learning on my own.
Reply With Quote
  #12522  
Old 12-10-2020, 3:40 PM
Ronin75 Ronin75 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Jose Area
Posts: 312
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Planning on attending a 4 day rifle class in late January or February. Could any of prior students give recommendations for a good clean place to stay at while I attend this class. It will be my first time out there
Reply With Quote
  #12523  
Old 12-10-2020, 3:44 PM
rreidiii rreidiii is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 16
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Where all the diamond certs?
Call me
858-705-4610
Robert
Reply With Quote
  #12524  
Old 12-10-2020, 3:59 PM
dad4mnc's Avatar
dad4mnc dad4mnc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,746
iTrader: 134 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin75 View Post
Planning on attending a 4 day rifle class in late January or February. Could any of prior students give recommendations for a good clean place to stay at while I attend this class. It will be my first time out there
Saddle West on the cheap. Frontsight First Family members get a discount and breakfast. There are other hotels in Pahrump that will do. I’m staying at the WineRidge cottages in January. $80/night for a one bedroom with AAA discount.
__________________
"Awareness is the currency which purchases time.”
-Ed Calderon
Paratus
Front Sight Commander member.
NRA Life Member
Reply With Quote
  #12525  
Old 12-10-2020, 4:03 PM
Vinnie Boombatz's Avatar
Vinnie Boombatz Vinnie Boombatz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 736
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin75 View Post
Planning on attending a 4 day rifle class in late January or February. Could any of prior students give recommendations for a good clean place to stay at while I attend this class. It will be my first time out there
I've stayed at the Best Western and the Wine Ridge Resort. Both were great.

The Best Western has a killer breakfast buffet which makes it worth it. $100/night for a basic room. Would stay there again.

Stayed in one of the basic cottages at the Wine Ridge Resort. Was a little cheaper than the Best Western. No breakfast, but the cottage had a full kitchen. One bedroom and a pullout couch. The pullout couch sucked to sleep on, but other than that it was really clean, staff was great, and would stay there again.

I'm heading out there solo in a couple weeks for a 2-day skill builder and will be trying my luck with the Saddle West. Apparently it's older/dated, but still has a decent breakfast. Paying something like $45-$50/night for a basic room. I'll report back how that place is after I get back.

All three offer discounts if you're a Front Sight member. Some also have AA discounts, but I got a better deal at Wine Ridge with the Front Sight discount because that also meant I didn't have to pay tax.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12526  
Old 12-10-2020, 4:17 PM
beanz2's Avatar
beanz2 beanz2 is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,634
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBay Shooter View Post
I wore a FS hat one time to an IDPA match. I spent half the time defending FS from people that had never been there and were telling me how crappy it was. Besides saying they should go before they comment, they all should have waiting until we finished shooting if you get my drift. Most stopped talking crap once we got going. On a stage with a palm strike, step back start and one shooting from retention, I was faster than almost everyone. All because of FS. On the palm strike start, I did the palm strike, step back draw and shoot two (down zero's) and was off to the next position before the RO could get out of the way and slammed into him. Could never had done that learning on my own.
Way to go!
__________________

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Reply With Quote
  #12527  
Old 12-10-2020, 8:07 PM
SG29736 SG29736 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 546
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

For whatever reason the front site students I've run into at matches that are the most vocal about training at FS are the mediocre shooters. I'm sure there are some very good FS shooters at matches but they aren't the ones trying to convince others to go there. You used to see FS training certificates on prize tables at bigger matches, but I haven't seen any of them for quite a while. They were competent, safe shooters.
Reply With Quote
  #12528  
Old 12-10-2020, 8:53 PM
VolvoWrench's Avatar
VolvoWrench VolvoWrench is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 477
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

I would say as far as hand gun training at F.S. it's all about defensive, quick draw from concealment and, 2 to the chest, if legally and morally warranted. Yes, there are more advanced classes with different scenarios but, none of them are "running and gunning" like most typical matches.

So, I can definitely see the F.S. students being mediocre in the "Ferrari of shooting" scenarios because that's not really what F.S. trains you to for.
__________________
Boston Strong!

Reply With Quote
  #12529  
Old 12-10-2020, 9:22 PM
Ronin75 Ronin75 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Jose Area
Posts: 312
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Thanks for the motel recommendations
Reply With Quote
  #12530  
Old 12-11-2020, 8:26 AM
Mezcalfud's Avatar
Mezcalfud Mezcalfud is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oceanside
Posts: 989
iTrader: 42 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin75 View Post
Planning on attending a 4 day rifle class in late January or February. Could any of prior students give recommendations for a good clean place to stay at while I attend this class. It will be my first time out there
Saddle West has clean rooms and a good breakfast. The RONA changed the buffet into more of a hybrid but still good.$50 or so w/tax a night is awesome.

Best Western is good too. The Pour House serves great Indian food!

We did the kitchen thing once and were too tired to cook!

A new Pizza place- Farinata was delicious but no beer/salad/etc yet- they are new.

Last edited by Mezcalfud; 12-11-2020 at 9:10 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #12531  
Old 12-11-2020, 9:11 PM
LRG LRG is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 12
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolvoWrench View Post
I would say as far as hand gun training at F.S. it's all about defensive, quick draw from concealment and, 2 to the chest, if legally and morally warranted. Yes, there are more advanced classes with different scenarios but, none of them are "running and gunning" like most typical matches.

So, I can definitely see the F.S. students being mediocre in the "Ferrari of shooting" scenarios because that's not really what F.S. trains you to for.
I don't do competitions, although I'd like to but just don't have the time right now. However I'm curious, after taking the updated ATHG class, pretty much everything is a scenario and a good deal of it is done while on the move. Are competition stages that much different? What you talk about sounds like 4DDHG and quite a bit different than ATHG.
Reply With Quote
  #12532  
Old 12-11-2020, 9:54 PM
Mustard Mustard is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 425
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRG View Post
I don't do competitions, although I'd like to but just don't have the time right now. However I'm curious, after taking the updated ATHG class, pretty much everything is a scenario and a good deal of it is done while on the move. Are competition stages that much different? What you talk about sounds like 4DDHG and quite a bit different than ATHG.
I'd say my few months of USPSA experience (at the time) prepared me for ATHG, better than ATHG would have prepared me for USPSA.

If your brain thinks quickish and you can move quickish–and believe me, I've shot and worked with people who struggle with putting square pegs into square holes–you'll do fine in either one. But to say that USPSA and ATHG are on the same level, hell naw
Reply With Quote
  #12533  
Old 12-12-2020, 4:26 PM
Vinnie Boombatz's Avatar
Vinnie Boombatz Vinnie Boombatz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 736
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Still deciding which one to bring to a 2-day Skill Builder in a couple weeks.

__________________

Last edited by Vinnie Boombatz; 12-14-2020 at 4:08 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #12534  
Old 12-12-2020, 6:47 PM
beanz2's Avatar
beanz2 beanz2 is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,634
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

^ Trick question, Vinnie.

How many round magazines do the Beretta and the xD have? If only 10, I'd go with the SA 1911.

.
__________________

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Reply With Quote
  #12535  
Old 12-12-2020, 6:53 PM
Vinnie Boombatz's Avatar
Vinnie Boombatz Vinnie Boombatz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 736
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
^ Trick question, Vinnie.

How many round magazines do the Beretta and the xD have? If only 10, I'd go with the SA 1911.

.
Yep, I'm in CA. So 10-rounders for all three.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12536  
Old 12-12-2020, 7:04 PM
beanz2's Avatar
beanz2 beanz2 is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,634
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie Boombatz View Post
Yep, I'm in CA. So 10-rounders for all three.
I'm partial to the 1911, but which one do you have enough magazines for?

My SA 1911 only has 9 rounds if I recall correctly, but the trigger is worth changing magazines a bit more.

.
__________________

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Reply With Quote
  #12537  
Old 12-12-2020, 7:06 PM
beanz2's Avatar
beanz2 beanz2 is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,634
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default HG Skills Test

Anybody knows the par times for the handgun skills test? Wife just got a club timer and wants to play with it.
__________________

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Reply With Quote
  #12538  
Old 12-12-2020, 7:07 PM
Vinnie Boombatz's Avatar
Vinnie Boombatz Vinnie Boombatz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 736
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
I'm partial to the 1911, but which one do you have enough magazines for?

My SA 1911 only has 9 rounds if I recall correctly, but the trigger is worth changing magazines a bit more.

.
I have plenty of magazines for each.

The WC magazines I have for the 1911 are 10 rounds.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12539  
Old 12-12-2020, 7:10 PM
Vinnie Boombatz's Avatar
Vinnie Boombatz Vinnie Boombatz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 736
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
Anybody knows the par times for the handgun skills test? Wife just got a club timer and wants to play with it.


__________________

Last edited by Vinnie Boombatz; 12-12-2020 at 7:17 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #12540  
Old 12-12-2020, 7:19 PM
beanz2's Avatar
beanz2 beanz2 is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,634
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

Thanks, Vinnie!
__________________

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Reply With Quote
  #12541  
Old 12-13-2020, 2:34 PM
VolvoWrench's Avatar
VolvoWrench VolvoWrench is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 477
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRG View Post
Are competition stages that much different?
Just take a look at rodralig's video. This is a very typical competition....
https://youtu.be/eUt2qcZ-eyk
__________________
Boston Strong!

Reply With Quote
  #12542  
Old 12-14-2020, 4:09 PM
Vinnie Boombatz's Avatar
Vinnie Boombatz Vinnie Boombatz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 736
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie Boombatz View Post
Still deciding which one to bring to a 2-day Skill Builder in a couple weeks.

UPDATE: At the moment it's going to be the Springfield XD9 that I'll be taking to the 2-day Skill Builder. Took it to the range for the first time today. All I can say is this little plastic gun is awesome. It's ugly as heck, reminds me of a Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic, and no style points compared to having a Beretta or 1911 on your hip, but I shot this thing ridiculously well. I had Trijicon HD XR sights installed a few weeks ago and love them. Really easy to pick up that orange front sight and amazingly accurate. Was also impressed at how little recoil it has for such a small and light handgun.

The sights on the 1911 are way off. I need to tweak those with the laser round and laser bore sight. Should have done that before I took it to the range for the first time, given it has adjustable target sights. I'll head back to the range next week after tweaking the sights, and unless it rocks my world and is dead-nuts accurate I'll be taking the XD9.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12543  
Old 12-15-2020, 12:16 AM
Jedi54's Avatar
Jedi54 Jedi54 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 863
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

XD's are very good guns, the XD 5" was the first gun I ever trained with at FS (borrowed it from a friend)
Shortly afterwards it became my first pistol and the Springfield collection has grown since.
XD 9
Xds 3.3
XDM 5.25
XD Mod 2 5"
Last time I shot the 4 day class I changed guns every day just for fun.
Reply With Quote
  #12544  
Old 12-15-2020, 7:37 AM
Mezcalfud's Avatar
Mezcalfud Mezcalfud is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oceanside
Posts: 989
iTrader: 42 / 100%
Default

Headed out with the wife and bro/sis in laws for the Jan2- 2 day handgun skill builder
Reply With Quote
  #12545  
Old 12-15-2020, 8:59 AM
OCEquestrian's Avatar
OCEquestrian OCEquestrian is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,153
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie Boombatz View Post
UPDATE: At the moment it's going to be the Springfield XD9 that I'll be taking to the 2-day Skill Builder. Took it to the range for the first time today. All I can say is this little plastic gun is awesome. It's ugly as heck, reminds me of a Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic, and no style points compared to having a Beretta or 1911 on your hip, but I shot this thing ridiculously well. I had Trijicon HD XR sights installed a few weeks ago and love them. Really easy to pick up that orange front sight and amazingly accurate. Was also impressed at how little recoil it has for such a small and light handgun.

The sights on the 1911 are way off. I need to tweak those with the laser round and laser bore sight. Should have done that before I took it to the range for the first time, given it has adjustable target sights. I'll head back to the range next week after tweaking the sights, and unless it rocks my world and is dead-nuts accurate I'll be taking the XD9.
Defiantly the XD-9. It's best to use the simplest gun (striker fired) so you can focus on the skills not the gun.
__________________
“Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” ----Sen. Barry Goldwater
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Reply With Quote
  #12546  
Old 12-15-2020, 5:14 PM
NorthBay Shooter's Avatar
NorthBay Shooter NorthBay Shooter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 510
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie Boombatz View Post
UPDATE:

The sights on the 1911 are way off. I need to tweak those with the laser round and laser bore sight. Should have done that before I took it to the range for the first time, given it has adjustable target sights. I'll head back to the range next week after tweaking the sights, and unless it rocks my world and is dead-nuts accurate I'll be taking the XD9.
Fix the sights on the 1911 and take that and own it. There are a lot of pretenders, but nothing is like the trigger on a good 1911.
Reply With Quote
  #12547  
Old 12-15-2020, 5:50 PM
XDJYo's Avatar
XDJYo XDJYo is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal-East Bay
Posts: 4,824
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolvoWrench View Post
Just take a look at rodralig's video. This is a very typical competition....
https://youtu.be/eUt2qcZ-eyk
Are the scraped up knees and elbows a requirement?

Good shooting! I can't believe all A zone hits on that one run!
__________________
Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
M&P 15 (Mine)
Reply With Quote
  #12548  
Old 12-16-2020, 10:23 AM
rodralig's Avatar
rodralig rodralig is offline
Sarariman Shuta
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Rowland Heights
Posts: 2,685
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDJYo View Post
Are the scraped up knees and elbows a requirement?
I never knew of the requirement, myself!

When I am in tactical/defensive classes, it's always BDU pants with knee pads at least. In USPSA/IDPA, unless it's cold, I wear shorts.

Not anymore! Lessons learned they say! *LOL*


Quote:
Good shooting! I can't believe all A zone hits on that one run!
Thank you! I try my best... I am just SLOW! In USPSA, you can trade an A for a C if you are at least 1/3~2/3 faster in most stages. For the usual local club stages of 16 targets - those "delays" can add up REALLY fast! (see video below - if I did not make up that shot, I would've gotten a higher score)

That said - I think this is more an USPSA than an IDPA thing. Shots outside the A-zone (0-down zone) in the latter are heavily penalized with 1-second down regardless of difficulty.

But I still try to have my moments... (when I can still see the front sight )

Reply With Quote
  #12549  
Old 12-16-2020, 2:34 PM
Mustard Mustard is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 425
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodralig View Post
Thank you! I try my best... I am just SLOW! In USPSA, you can trade an A for a C if you are at least 1/3~2/3 faster in most stages. For the usual local club stages of 16 targets - those "delays" can add up REALLY fast! (see video below - if I did not make up that shot, I would've gotten a higher score)

That said - I think this is more an USPSA than an IDPA thing. Shots outside the A-zone (0-down zone) in the latter are heavily penalized with 1-second down regardless of difficulty.

Start trading some alphas for Charlie's and fractions of a second!

Like that array at the 0:10 mark.... when i run into arrays ike that it's point shoot and run the trigger as fast as i can. You have the split time's for it, the transition times are where you can improve the most
Reply With Quote
  #12550  
Old 12-17-2020, 10:44 PM
beanz2's Avatar
beanz2 beanz2 is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,634
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

I'm taking Practical Rifle Skill Builder next month. I don't recall us doing single shots like in my PR Guide Book? For those of you who have taken 4DPractical Rifle or PRSB, is this still the current test?

Close contact? That was in the Advanced Practical Rifle, wasn't it?





.
__________________

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Reply With Quote
  #12551  
Old 12-17-2020, 11:30 PM
DRM6000's Avatar
DRM6000 DRM6000 is online now
Junior Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,808
iTrader: 50 / 100%
Default

That was the old test. I haven't taken that course in a few years, but the last time I did, there was no close contact, no hostages and the longest shot was 100 yds.
Reply With Quote
  #12552  
Old 12-18-2020, 1:50 AM
Divehobo's Avatar
Divehobo Divehobo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 1,195
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad4mnc View Post
Any insights on the Tac Handgun class (besides staying warm). I’m taking it 1/2-1/3.
Good class, took it in October as a private. Lots of multiple strings of fire on steel, shooting while moving back, forward, to right and left and diagonals toward and away. Some close contact, strike, draw and back out while firing. Back to threat and pivots, back to threat and shooting while leaning forward, moving away from target. My fav part was shooting ports on Vtac wall as instructor called out port numbers and which steel plate to shoot.

Shooting steel is so much more fun than punching paper.

Have not done January but I've done last week of December. It was wet and temps were 40-50's. Biggest issue was wind, plus being cold and wet. My suggesting is layers and more layers, warm hat and thick enough gloves to allow you to still put hand in jacket pocket when your not manipulating gun.

Have fun
__________________
NRA Endowment Life Member

PM me for your Front Sight needs
Reply With Quote
  #12553  
Old 12-21-2020, 11:40 AM
Vinnie Boombatz's Avatar
Vinnie Boombatz Vinnie Boombatz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 736
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBay Shooter View Post
Fix the sights on the 1911 and take that and own it. There are a lot of pretenders, but nothing is like the trigger on a good 1911.
Sights are dialed in now and it's very accurate. Also been practicing malfunction drills and will be bringing it to the class next week.
__________________

Last edited by Vinnie Boombatz; 12-22-2020 at 5:29 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #12554  
Old 12-21-2020, 2:44 PM
NorthBay Shooter's Avatar
NorthBay Shooter NorthBay Shooter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 510
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie Boombatz View Post
Sights are dialed in now and it's very accurate now. Also been practicing malfunction drills and will be bringing it to the class next week.
I am excited for you. You're going to kill it. Have fun and remember strong weak hand grip for the quick splits with the 1911. The instructors are going to be calling you Vinnie "ragged hole" Boombatz with that gun.
Reply With Quote
  #12555  
Old 12-29-2020, 12:10 AM
nszzya nszzya is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 236
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

I’m wondering if the armorer’s courses can be taken privately with a President membership. Anyone know?
Reply With Quote
  #12556  
Old 12-29-2020, 10:03 AM
AAShooter's Avatar
AAShooter AAShooter is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,168
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

I don't believe you can
Reply With Quote
  #12557  
Old 12-29-2020, 4:53 PM
DRM6000's Avatar
DRM6000 DRM6000 is online now
Junior Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,808
iTrader: 50 / 100%
Default

Classroom courses cannot be done in private.

Also, from what I can remember, ropes and night courses cannot be done in private.
Reply With Quote
  #12558  
Old 12-30-2020, 9:36 AM
nszzya nszzya is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 236
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAShooter View Post
I don't believe you can
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM6000 View Post
Classroom courses cannot be done in private.

Also, from what I can remember, ropes and night courses cannot be done in private.
Thanks guys.
Reply With Quote
  #12559  
Old 12-30-2020, 10:44 AM
rodralig's Avatar
rodralig rodralig is offline
Sarariman Shuta
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Rowland Heights
Posts: 2,685
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divehobo View Post
Good class, took it in October as a private.
You CAN take the ATHG in private?

Woot...!!! I should try that... Need to push my scenario training outside competition.

_
Reply With Quote
  #12560  
Old 12-30-2020, 7:02 PM
Vinnie Boombatz's Avatar
Vinnie Boombatz Vinnie Boombatz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 736
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Just finished a 2-Day Handgun Skill Builder and finished with a Graduate certificate.

I’m stoked! I never picked up a firearm until February of this year and have been to Front Sight three times in 2020 and have worked hard practicing at home. LOTS of dry fire practice and practicing malfunction drills. Did it all with a Springfield Loaded Target 1911 9mm that I recently purchased from a fellow CG’er and only took it to the range twice for short sessions to dial in the target sights.
__________________

Last edited by Vinnie Boombatz; 12-30-2020 at 10:23 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:54 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2020, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.
Tactical Pants Tactical Boots Tactical Gear Military Boots 5.11 Tactical