Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 07-15-2019, 12:09 PM

Default good lord........

now it takes a 1 Star approval to for a reserve soldier to get a transfer to a unit outside of my general's down trace units.

So what does that mean.

That means a reserve PV1 (E1 private) that moves out of state (new college for example) needs not only the company commander approval, but the endorsement from the Battalion Commander (LTC), and the Brigade Commander (COL).

Oh, and the official request written in army memo format.

Where as, all it really needs is the losing CPT and gaining CPT simply sign the transfer form and call it done (so long as both are drilling reserve units).

Last edited by Snoopy47; 07-15-2019 at 12:11 PM..
Old 07-15-2019, 12:35 PM

I'd say try being Guard, but honestly, most of the interstate transfers I've heard of in the Guard have ironically gone quite smoothly. Definitely dumb though. It's to the point that it makes you wonder if they literally want to discourage people from trying things like that by making it seem like such an insurmountable task. I once put a packet in to go active JAG (didn't go anywhere) but it was like I had to assume I would royally piss off everyone I knew in the guard, burn every single bridge possible, for a "maybe" with no guarantees with big army.
Old 07-18-2019, 5:20 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy47 View Post
now it takes a 1 Star approval to for a reserve soldier to get a transfer to a unit outside of my general's down trace units.

So what does that mean.

That means a reserve PV1 (E1 private) that moves out of state (new college for example) needs not only the company commander approval, but the endorsement from the Battalion Commander (LTC), and the Brigade Commander (COL).

Oh, and the official request written in army memo format.

Where as, all it really needs is the losing CPT and gaining CPT simply sign the transfer form and call it done (so long as both are drilling reserve units).
Yes things are getting stupid that's for sure. Have you seen the new tier one level counseling yet?

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 07-18-2019, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
Have you seen the new tier one level counseling yet?
Yes, I have 175 soldiers.

FML!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm guessing that 2 Star's order 100% failed execution.

The army is so oblivious that rank and orders don't matter if who you are bossing around isn't on orders and you don't pay their mortgage.

I'm doing what I can, but in the end, the action it self is a non action, and only a paper trail for higher ups to wash their hands of "medical readiness". It doesn't actually increase the means by which soldiers can execute the actions that result in increased readiness.

I mean for f#*ck sake, I have soldiers coming directly out of TRADOC RED FLAGGED for medical readiness.

Then there will be Brigade level MMRE drills weekend which are 100% participation requirement. When that happens the appointments are automatically made and LOCKS OUT soldiers ability to make LHI appointments on their own, but then the soldier needs to get the COL's approval to miss the MMRE but can't because the process is so long to get approval.

So the soldier can't make an appointment to get medically ready on their own, and then can't get a COL's approval because they aren't 100% ready, and then the soldier simply blows off the MMRE event and takes the "U's" because it is actually inconsequential relative to the real world.

But the General will have washed his hands of his responsibility because the tier 1 counselings were ordered.

However, medical readiness will not have changed.

Do I have that right?
Old 07-19-2019, 11:41 PM

Have you seen the MASH episode where the Army tells Pierce he is dead, and refuses to reinstate his status until he submits the proper forms proving he is alive?
Old 07-21-2019, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milsurp1 View Post
Have you seen the MASH episode where the Army tells Pierce he is dead, and refuses to reinstate his status until he submits the proper forms proving he is alive?
I actually had a similar situation happen to a soldier of mine and the problem still isn't resolved.

Not "dead" per say, but her original contract has a clerical error regarding a critical date on her contract, and it needs to be changed in the system before she can re-enlist.

However, said error needs a correction memo signed by a 1-Star or higher. Needless to say, stuff that high up doesn't readily get signed for a problem so low down the chain.

So the USAR is up in arms and making it a pain in the rear for folks to transfer and get out, and the system is preventing my Staff SGT from re-enlisting.

Any kind of movement in my neck of the woods in the USAR now seems to need a 1-Star review. Now I finally understand why everything seems to have come to a screeching halt in the last 6 months.
Old 07-21-2019, 12:18 AM

I have another soldier who is trying to GET OUT, and his 8 years are completely up.

HOWEVER, the USAR doesn't have a copy of his contract, nor is it iPerm'd in the system, nor does the soldier have a hard copy to have submitted with his exit packet.

So the USAR wont process is out going packet without his contract to reference in his out going paperwork.

It's kind of getting to a point where I'm thinking of saying to the soldier:

Ya know............if the USAR doesn't have a contract holding your feet to the fire that you are obligated to serve with us then I don't see what's preventing you from walking out the door.
Old 07-21-2019, 7:38 AM

Slow to do their jobs?
Call the IG office.
I've been out over 20 years now, but the one thing that squared everyone's butt, post haste was the thought of having to deal with IG looking into their affairs.
Old 07-21-2019, 8:19 AM

Quote:
I have another soldier who is trying to GET OUT, and his 8 years are completely up.

HOWEVER, the USAR doesn't have a copy of his contract, nor is it iPerm'd in the system, nor does the soldier have a hard copy to have submitted with his exit packet.

So the USAR wont process is out going packet without his contract to reference in his out going paperwork.

It's kind of getting to a point where I'm thinking of saying to the soldier:

Ya know............if the USAR doesn't have a contract holding your feet to the fire that you are obligated to serve with us then I don't see what's preventing you from walking out the door.
Wow, that's what I would tell him, especially because in that case, getting back pay isn't going to be likely.
Old 07-23-2019, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by operavoice View Post
Slow to do their jobs?
Call the IG office.
I've been out over 20 years now, but the one thing that squared everyone's butt, post haste was the thought of having to deal with IG looking into their affairs.
That sort of happened. I lined up my ducks, and dropped the "congressional" word. I finally got called from the HR NCO at battalion who should have been working this from day one.

I do realize though to do this correctly I need to action through IG before I go congressional. I should give the army every last chance.

What's happening is the general's directive has back logged personal actions to such a degree nothing is getting done. To make matters worse, the CG is a drilling general, and doesn't sign anything except on drill weekends.

I couldn't do that at a company level, so I can't imagine how back logged everything is at the general level.
Old 07-31-2019, 7:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Yes, I have 175 soldiers.

FML!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm guessing that 2 Star's order 100% failed execution.

The army is so oblivious that rank and orders don't matter if who you are bossing around isn't on orders and you don't pay their mortgage.

I'm doing what I can, but in the end, the action it self is a non action, and only a paper trail for higher ups to wash their hands of "medical readiness". It doesn't actually increase the means by which soldiers can execute the actions that result in increased readiness.

I mean for f#*ck sake, I have soldiers coming directly out of TRADOC RED FLAGGED for medical readiness.

Then there will be Brigade level MMRE drills weekend which are 100% participation requirement. When that happens the appointments are automatically made and LOCKS OUT soldiers ability to make LHI appointments on their own, but then the soldier needs to get the COL's approval to miss the MMRE but can't because the process is so long to get approval.
you forgot the PT test as well for that weekend.

So the soldier can't make an appointment to get medically ready on their own, and then can't get a COL's approval because they aren't 100% ready, and then the soldier simply blows off the MMRE event and takes the "U's" because it is actually inconsequential relative to the real world.

But the General will have washed his hands of his responsibility because the tier 1 counselings were ordered.

However, medical readiness will not have changed.

Do I have that right?
I haven't really looked into it that far. thankfully I don't have any Joes in my section. We're E7's yeah us. I see it as nothing more than micromanagement. Something the Army has been doing for close 25 years. When they made the NCO Corps into baby sitters that's when it changed and not for the better.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
contact the governor
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 07-31-2019, 7:12 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
What's happening is the general's directive has back logged personal actions to such a degree nothing is getting done. To make matters worse, the CG is a drilling general, and doesn't sign anything except on drill weekends.
Are you under the 311th by chance.

contact the governor
NRA Life Member.