Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

View Poll Results: What are your feelings about Front Sight?
Great Training for Beginners Only. 86 8.52%
Great Training Beginner and Advanced. 675 66.90%
The Quality of Training is Going Down Hill. 23 2.28%
I paid too much for my Membership! 45 4.46%
They will go out of business this year! 25 2.48%
Don't want anything to do with them! 155 15.36%
Voters: 1009. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2021, 6:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
Was the curriculum different from a regular shotgun, rifle or handgun course?
More fun and games?
Standard class but they have activities and raffles a round the class.

PM me for information on low-priced Front Sight Memberships!
Old 01-15-2021, 9:53 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezcalfud View Post
HGSB was in the afternoon on the second day
Thanks. Hope to reschedule the stuff in UT, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAShooter View Post
Standard class but they have activities and raffles a round the class.
Shooting activities like man-on-man, multiple adversaries, etc.? In other words, more shooting than the standard?

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 01-16-2021, 6:40 PM

I'm interested in the Glock Armorer's course at FS. Does successful completion include the Glock basic armorer 3 year certification?
Old 01-16-2021, 7:11 PM
Sarariman Shuta
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nszzya View Post
I'm interested in the Glock Armorer's course at FS. Does successful completion include the Glock basic armorer 3 year certification?
No

FS class is FS; the Glock Armorer class is Glock.

_
Old 01-17-2021, 12:07 AM

I did the XD armorers course and it was interesting and I learned a lot but in no way are you a certified armorer, there so much more to know. I’d say we covered the basics of the fire control of the gun. We did not get into sights, we did not go into the drip safety operation (doesn’t exist on Glock).
Hope this helps
Old 01-17-2021, 8:23 AM
Veteran Member

Well guys, looks like wife and I had enough of California, we will be moving to the Villages in Florida. Will spend the next year pearing down all the stuff we own for the move, and wait for the COVID to end, and real estate to raise. Will miss the ability to drive to FS in a day. Looks like starting 2022 FS trips will need to be more planned and coordinated. We got lazy with ease we had with booking and planning our previous trips. Maybe, maybe? The timeshares will be built?

Knight of Front Sight
Old 01-17-2021, 12:49 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCU1670 View Post
Well guys, looks like wife and I had enough of California, we will be moving to the Villages in Florida. Will spend the next year pearing down all the stuff we own for the move, and wait for the COVID to end, and real estate to raise. Will miss the ability to drive to FS in a day. Looks like starting 2022 FS trips will need to be more planned and coordinated. We got lazy with ease we had with booking and planning our previous trips. Maybe, maybe? The timeshares will be built?
Congrats on your escape! We never have that convenience, but we’re used to it. The biggest deal is getting your ammo there if you’re flying in and out of Vegas. Eleven pounds is not that much when it comes to basic classes more than 2 days long. Nowhere enough for advanced classes. Until this ammo clusterf is over, having a vendor ship enough ammo to your hotel is not always a reliable solution.

Next is the hassle of flying with your firearms in and out of LV. You’ll learn the local airport customs sooner or later. Hopefully in FL, it isn’t too ornery. In LAS, the one issue I’ve run into is their demand that every available hole for a lock in your weapons case be occupied by a lock.

Another issue after class is to make sure every pocket in your clothes and luggage that you take into the plane’s cabin is free of ammo and magazines. Easy to leave some in after a FS class.

We’ve found that getting a rental car in Vegas is very easy.

We probably will go the opposite direction from you. We are looking at building a home within a couple of hours away from FS. Imagine carrying several guns and ammo cans to FS 😂

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 01-18-2021, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCU1670 View Post
Welcome to Florida - we are about 2 hours south of the Villages. We have had in the past a large group go to FS. I try and make it twice a year. The flying is OK but would prefer the drive - just to long. Ammo, we have always ordered from LAX - Lots of it because some times there are 24 of us from all over. Been slowing down some as the group gets up there in years. The flights with Southwest are a piece of cake and if you book 6 months in advance can be pretty cheap. Coming back out of LAS has never been a problem either - just a little different check procedure - no big thing.

Last edited by Jerry1834; 01-18-2021 at 11:05 AM..
Old 01-20-2021, 8:19 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
Congrats on your escape! We never have that convenience, but we’re used to it. The biggest deal is getting your ammo there if you’re flying in and out of Vegas. Eleven pounds is not that much when it comes to basic classes more than 2 days long. Nowhere enough for advanced classes. Until this ammo clusterf is over, having a vendor ship enough ammo to your hotel is not always a reliable solution.

Next is the hassle of flying with your firearms in and out of LV. You’ll learn the local airport customs sooner or later. Hopefully in FL, it isn’t too ornery. In LAS, the one issue I’ve run into is their demand that every available hole for a lock in your weapons case be occupied by a lock.

Another issue after class is to make sure every pocket in your clothes and luggage that you take into the plane’s cabin is free of ammo and magazines. Easy to leave some in after a FS class.

We’ve found that getting a rental car in Vegas is very easy.

We probably will go the opposite direction from you. We are looking at building a home within a couple of hours away from FS. Imagine carrying several guns and ammo cans to FS 😂

Your correct about the brass, no matter what I do, I always find some in the washer.

Knight of Front Sight
Old 01-20-2021, 8:20 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry1834 View Post
Welcome to Florida - we are about 2 hours south of the Villages. We have had in the past a large group go to FS. I try and make it twice a year. The flying is OK but would prefer the drive - just to long. Ammo, we have always ordered from LAX - Lots of it because some times there are 24 of us from all over. Been slowing down some as the group gets up there in years. The flights with Southwest are a piece of cake and if you book 6 months in advance can be pretty cheap. Coming back out of LAS has never been a problem either - just a little different check procedure - no big thing.
Thanks!

Knight of Front Sight