Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 10-19-2020, 12:40 PM
Progressives Suck!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Good Doc View Post
Beware of the "kamala administration with joe biden". My Sheriff here in Greenville County, SC has no problem approving NFA requests.

Right now I am more worried about the ATF issuing that "cease and desist" order to "Q Firearms" regarding their AR Pistols, the sugar badger or whatever it's called. They said this was "brand specific" but also worded it to where they "leave the option open" to go after other pistol "braced" short barreled AR/AK pistols. I just ordered a couple AR pistol lowers so I can build a 10.5" AR for my lady and a 7.5" in 300 Blackout. Also picked up a CMMG Banshee in 9mm with the 5" barrel for home defense.

That Banshee is sweet!! It's entire length is equal to my SW MP15 to the end of the foreward sight, so it is compact enough to handle business in close confines and has slightly less kick than my AR. The Banshee comes in at 23" where the AR is 34" with the stock fully collapsed. Even with a suppressor that thing comes in 3-5 inches shorter.

I really want to pick up a semi auto bullpup 12 gauge and a Desert Tech MDRX in 308 just in case we have a "kamala administration with Joe Biden". I know how kamala hates those mag fed semi auto firearms.
So, are you saying that we all need to move to South Carolina so we can keep our firearms?

Sorry, but that's a really dumb statement. I understand that you are worried about YOUR purchase, but you can get your pistol an NFA tax stamp any time. We, in CA are F'd.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I read that they found plans to ban all guns on hunters computer.

Can’t somebody do something?!?!?!?!
Old 10-19-2020, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
All talk? Biden and the entire left campaigned on it, for the first time ever. So, you are betting your 2A Rights on your faulty logic that it will be too hard and take too much time, so they won't do it?

Geez, that's not even a meaningful or strong argument. The Dims are now owned by the left. There are no moderates in power on the left. You should try keeping up with current events.

You realize, I hope, that corrupt and senile Biden isn't going to make it through his first term, let alone run for a second. I think the current plan is a grab for dictator like powers very quickly. And there won't be any real opposition left when they are done.
Yes, at this point I do believe it is all talk.

Gun ownership views have changed very dramatically in the last few months, in my opinion. Tons of new gun owners throughout the country saw what it takes to be able to buy gun, especially here in California. The ammo shortage can only add to the eye-opening experience. I am strongly hoping this experience will affect how they will vote in the future, especially if they were willing to admit to themselves that they were wrong about the responsibility of protecting oneself and one's family, and were willing to pay the money required in these times to buy a weapon.

Based on my own research, I can confidently assure others that those on the actual Left do not care for the currently right -of-center Democrats. They've been pissed off at the Democrats since at least the Occupy days during the Obama administration. They have made it clear that Biden is not their guy. The actual Left is very much anti-Democrat on quite a few things, including gun control. They also are not too happy that their vote is essentially being taken for granted and don't feel they are being catered to by the Democratic party.

Will the Democrats try to limit things? I am counting on it. Will it be a worthwhile effort? I doubt it.
Old 10-19-2020, 3:00 PM
Progressives Suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Muslim Gun Owner View Post

Gun ownership views have changed very dramatically in the last few months, in my opinion. Tons of new gun owners throughout the country saw what it takes to be able to buy gun, especially here in California. The ammo shortage can only add to the eye-opening experience. I am strongly hoping this experience will affect how they will vote in the future, especially if they were willing to admit to themselves that they were wrong about the responsibility of protecting oneself and one's family, and were willing to pay the money required in these times to buy a weapon.

Based on my own research, I can confidently assure others that those on the actual Left do not care for the currently right -of-center Democrats. They've been pissed off at the Democrats since at least the Occupy days during the Obama administration. They have made it clear that Biden is not their guy. The actual Left is very much anti-Democrat on quite a few things, including gun control. They also are not too happy that their vote is essentially being taken for granted and don't feel they are being catered to by the Democratic party.

Will the Democrats try to limit things? I am counting on it. Will it be a worthwhile effort? I doubt it.
Sorry, but I don't understand your reasoning. If we can agree that the left is running the Dim party now. Are you arguing that current moderate Dims don't recognize this? Because, if the moderate gun owning Dims did recognize that the anti-gun left IS in power, wouldn't they vote for Trump or not vote in order to protect moderate Dim positions?

If Biden wins he will be forced to go further left. None of Biden's positions have been moderate. He's flip flopped recently on some, but his overall plan is NOT moderate. You should read it.

Especially, since he can be black mailed for his corrupt activities with his son. Lets face it, if they can impeach Trump for almost nothing , they can impeach Biden for documented corruption. Biden is a National Security threat . Impeach him, easy peasy. BTW - Hunter's laptop proves that Trump was right, once again.

If Biden doesn't tow the line, the left will remove him for corruption or incompetence. That's what Nancy Pelosi's 25th amendment competency board is all about. Keeping Biden in line.

The only way your argument makes sense is if the moderates turn the tables on the left regarding the 2nd amendment. But I don't think there are nearly enough gun owning moderates to make a difference. The left will threaten the moderates with primary challenges because they have all the money.

Sorry, but you are just hoping the 2A moderates can make a difference, but that is not realistic. The left dominates now and suppresses the moderates, that isn't going to change after the election if Biden wins. Biden will be owned by the left, he will owe the left for his election, and the left will have him over a barrel on corruption and competency. That is the plan.

Its pretty obvious. I hope I'm wrong but I haven't been so far.

Just ain't gonna happen.

Last edited by ScottsBad; 10-19-2020 at 3:03 PM..
Old 10-19-2020, 3:05 PM
Progressives Suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
I read that they found plans to ban all guns on hunters computer.
All they have to do is look at Biden's own web page to find that.
Old 10-19-2020, 7:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
Sorry, but I don't understand your reasoning. If we can agree that the left is running the Dim party now. Are you arguing that current moderate Dims don't recognize this? Because, if the moderate gun owning Dims did recognize that the anti-gun left IS in power, wouldn't they vote for Trump or not vote in order to protect moderate Dim positions?

If Biden wins he will be forced to go further left. None of Biden's positions have been moderate. He's flip flopped recently on some, but his overall plan is NOT moderate. You should read it.

Especially, since he can be black mailed for his corrupt activities with his son. Lets face it, if they can impeach Trump for almost nothing , they can impeach Biden for documented corruption. Biden is a National Security threat . Impeach him, easy peasy. BTW - Hunter's laptop proves that Trump was right, once again.

If Biden doesn't tow the line, the left will remove him for corruption or incompetence. That's what Nancy Pelosi's 25th amendment competency board is all about. Keeping Biden in line.

The only way your argument makes sense is if the moderates turn the tables on the left regarding the 2nd amendment. But I don't think there are nearly enough gun owning moderates to make a difference. The left will threaten the moderates with primary challenges because they have all the money.

Sorry, but you are just hoping the 2A moderates can make a difference, but that is not realistic. The left dominates now and suppresses the moderates, that isn't going to change after the election if Biden wins. Biden will be owned by the left, he will owe the left for his election, and the left will have him over a barrel on corruption and competency. That is the plan.

Its pretty obvious. I hope I'm wrong but I haven't been so far.

Just ain't gonna happen.
Based on what I see, I do not see the leftists dominating the moderates. They are certainly more vocal and aggressive in their tactics, sure.

As the Democratic Party stands today, it is considered right of center. That is the accepted platform for those who actually support Biden and see him as "their guy". Those on the actual left are voting against Trump more than they are voting for Biden. They have no interest in Biden. Even Sanders was a compromise for them. Biden appears moderate compared to Trump. To the left, he is not seen as a solution, but as more of a stop-gap to keep things from getting worse (yes, subjective). Under a Biden victory, they see a stronger opportunity to mobilize to make the changes they want to see. They do not see that happening under Trump.

A Biden victory will not result in the Democratic party catering to the left. That is why many of the leftists voted against Hillary in the last election. The Democrats have been pursuing moderate Republican voters, while completely ignoring the left, because they are absolutely sure they have their votes right now. And no one is pushing third party as strongly as they were last time either.

What I am hoping for is that the Democrats and leftists who have embraced firearm ownership, and as a result, the responsibility of self defense will be more vocal against gun control. Quite a few leftist gun groups that I follow on social media have made it very clear they oppose gun control. And their ranks are growing.

Sorry, I got a bid wordy but I hope it makes sense.

Good conversation btw.
Old 10-20-2020, 6:26 AM
Calguns Addict

Red face

Could you IMAGINE... him, stutter-jibber-jabbering out the definition of an, "assault weapon (in HIS mind)," for a half-hour or more?!?!

Old 10-20-2020, 6:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless View Post
It's nothing like that with Form 1s right now. 2-4 weeks. Form 4s is a lot longer. That's nothing. And you do them via Kiosk/electronic. Super fast. $200 is nothing either.

My SBR started as an AR pistol and if I want to travel I can file a form 5320 or just convert it back to a pistol from an sbr and it's legal.

It will just mean they will be banned in California, New York, Hawaii, New Jersey etc. Just like the Clinton AWB back from 1994-2004. But even with that federal ban Alaska was one of a few states like Wyoming that did not enforce it and you could still buy assault weapons during that 10 years span. I know, I did.
$200 per rifle? That's something, and then all the hassle that you claim "is nothing" is something to some folks.

NRA Patron Member
Old 10-20-2020, 6:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Muslim Gun Owner View Post

The fact that all of those lefty's were able to buy guns is "proof", in their minds, that the system works and isn't too restrictive.

NRA Patron Member
Old 10-20-2020, 9:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AregularGuy View Post
The fact that all of those lefty's were able to buy guns is "proof", in their minds, that the system works and isn't too restrictive.
Depends on who you talk to. Those who've been in the game for a while, their complaints about being able to buy firearms ranges from minor complaints to "all gun laws are unconstitutional", making their dislike for the Democrats' agenda very clear. Those who are barely getting into firearms are more or less simply focused on just being able to get their hands on something and understanding the laws. The lack of availability of guns and ammo seems to be their biggest complaint, but that's the case across the board for everyone.

In California, having to jump through all the hoops and then finding out that the pick up time may be well over ten days due to the backlog has obviously created plenty of shock. The employees at the few local gun shops I tend to visit have told me that these new gun owners are very frustrated with rules and regulations that must be followed before they can even buy something. That experience has to change quite a few minds in my opinion. If they have already decided it was worth it to go through all this to protect themselves, then their trust in outsourcing their safety to someone else has to have come down.
Old 10-20-2020, 9:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigstroker View Post
He would have to get congress to modify the law.
Just depends if the dems have complete control of D.C.

Can you even own machine guns in CA?

https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/calif...t-nfa-firearm/

Or should it be reworded to say, can you easily own machine guns in CA?

If not, assault style guns may be lumped into that category and you wont be able to own that type of NFA item.

I can tell you NFA items are not easy even in gun friendly states like I am in. You need a NFA trust. The LEO wont sign off on them for individuals.

I had read someplace that Biden would make each magazine over 10 rounds an NFA item as well. $200 stamp for each mag + engraving if no serial number.

Without State and National militias to fight this, the dems will disarm America if they get control.

And why not? No recourse for them to do so. Just lots of barking.

Plus there is talk of raising the stamp to $2000 each.
Old 10-20-2020, 9:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvberinger View Post
Everything that comes from the Lefts mouth has a new definition, meaning, and has grossly shifted away from traditional and classical meaning. Even the dictionary has been changed to meet their narratives.
That is right

common sense gun laws = gun confiscation
Old 10-20-2020, 10:01 AM

Hey, people will do as they want. If they really want to defend their families, themselves, and their property they will gather arms and ammo and hide both from illegal search and seizure. The rest of society will be herded like sheep into camps to slave away for the masters. The question is whether you are a ram or a hornless sheep? We can argue endlessly and never resolve anything. Get you guns and become an outlaw in the future or bow down to your slave masters. The choice is yours. I chose and I am still buying.