Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum This is a temporary forum for discussion, debate, sharing and helping each other during and in relation to the Coronavirus/COVID19

Old 10-08-2020, 2:38 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default WHO (Accidentally) Confirms Covid is No More Dangerous Than Flu

Quote:
The World Health Organization has finally confirmed what we (and many experts and studies) have been saying for months – the coronavirus is no more deadly or dangerous than seasonal flu.

The WHO’s top brass made this announcement during a special session of the WHO’s 34-member executive board on Monday October 5th, it’s just nobody seemed to really understand it.

In fact, they didn’t seem to completely understand it themselves.

At the session, Dr Michael Ryan, the WHO’s Head of Emergencies revealed that they believe roughly 10% of the world has been infected with Sars-Cov-2. This is their “best estimate”, and a huge increase over the number of officially recognised cases (around 35 million).
https://off-guardian.org/2020/10/08/...rous-than-flu/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN compnerd View Post
When the middle east descends into complete chaos in 2-3 years due in part to the actions of this administration I'll necro post about how clueless I was.
Old 10-08-2020, 3:12 PM
Veteran Member

DUHHHHH and we knew this was coming. Maybe they know of ANOTHER surprise coming from china ? Just sayin.

Psalm 1

Last edited by Garand Hunter; 10-08-2020 at 3:13 PM.. Reason: sentence structure
Old 10-08-2020, 3:25 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Since all experts believe in science, and science is allowed to change, this means all experts will soon be saying "You were right, it's much like the flu. Open up!"
Old 10-08-2020, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shooter View Post
Since all experts believe in science, and science is allowed to change, this means all experts will soon be saying "You were right, it's much like the flu. Open up!"
Some will, the rest will remain sock puppets for the left and stick with "well we better just keep on wearing masks indefinitely, just to be safe. If it saves one life!"

Idjits

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.
Old 10-08-2020, 4:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shooter View Post
I think that would be me that was been preaching that since the beginning. It’s kind of funny how just like trump I was right
Old 10-08-2020, 4:50 PM

Not that I disagree, but one minute we don't believe the Who, and now we do? I don't trust ANYTHING they say until it's corroborated by a more reliable source.
Old 10-08-2020, 4:59 PM
Banned

I don’t trust anything they say either but it proves my point that when you flip-flop back-and-forth none of it can be true at all has to be disregarded as lies. Which shows that they are lying in the very beginning as well which shows this whole thing was a huge scam, and that’s why this article is actually helpful

So it’s either hiring kids from high school and calling them scientists or they’ve made great mistakes or they’re just outright fraudulent and I’m gonna say it’s number three
Old 10-08-2020, 5:03 PM
CGSSA Leader

If you're going to reason about it so simplistically, why not say SARS-CoV-2 is about 100,000 times deadlier than sharks?

Got any better insight?

Ask me about Appleseed! Send a PM or see me in the Appleseed subforum.
Old 10-08-2020, 11:12 PM

210K deaths @ 0.14% --> 150M infected in the US. soon to be at herd immunity and the daily deaths will fall sharply very soon. Trump knew this and accelerated the covid19 spread to get us back to re-opening ASAP! Genius.
Old 10-09-2020, 4:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundraboomer View Post
Not that I disagree, but one minute we don't believe the Who, and now we do? I don't trust ANYTHING they say until it's corroborated by a more reliable source.
But the social media giants will remove any posts that are contrary to WHO guidelines, so maybe now the truth can be posted without being deleted as "false information".

Yeah, I`m sure that the truth will be made public now.
Old 10-09-2020, 10:38 AM

Yeah more misinformation!

Watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCZ1gAG_EJc

Go to 22:50 "The vast majority of these papers indicate that LESS than 10% of the population has evidence of infection. And in many situations it's WELL UNDER 10% in the general population"

1) The WHO just sucks with messaging. I've followed the serology studies pretty closely and there have been very few good studies showing 10%+ sero prevalence and the vast majority showing under 10%. The correct message is up to 10%.

2) Tossing out a rando point estimate is ridiculous and borders on scientific malfeasance. There's a difference between 10% +- 7% and 10% +- 1%, 95% CI.

3) I thought the WHO was controlled by Chyna and the deep state, when did you virus seriousness deniers, start loving the WHO? Some consistency would be nice.

4) A Global IFR will be lower than a US or any developed nation IFR. Developed nations have older populations and covid kills more older people.
We have multiple good IFR estimates for developed nations and they all range from 0.5% to 1.2%. US pop > 65 ~16% World pop > 65 ~9%.

For example (totally synthetic made up numbers), assume IFR=4% people over 65, 0.1% under 65, 1000 person infected pop, age uniformly distributed, US vs world age distribution:

Country A (16% pop > 65): IFR= (840*0.001 + 160*.04)/1000 * 100% = 0.724% IFR
Country B (9% pop > 65): IFR = (910*0.001 + 90*0.04)/1000 * 100% = 0.451% IFR

5) Data from developing nations, who contain the majority of the world's population is missing or unreliable. They can't even count deaths properly.

Last edited by balgor; 10-09-2020 at 12:42 PM..
Old 10-09-2020, 12:38 PM

The deniers crap on anything WHO or CDC say until they think it confirms their beliefs - then their gold, same old confirmation bias
Old 10-09-2020, 2:43 PM
King- Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW1917 View Post
The deniers crap on anything WHO or CDC say until they think it confirms their beliefs - then their gold, same old confirmation bias
Hmm. Pretty sure they’re just playing tit for tat. The panic bunnies told them to follow the science. They were stupid for not doing so.

Some folks continued to point out that science didn’t know yet. They still don’t and have always admitted it. Now it’s further evidenced by any change of position from WHO and CDC.

When the authorities reverse position you should expect a “see, told you so” from those that previously disagreed.
Old 10-09-2020, 3:24 PM
Banned

An easier explanation, you don’t need to be a scientist or a college grad to know when someone’s lying and the scientist people have been lying from the beginning. Again I didn’t need to go to school to be able to figure that one out or have to be a scientist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealnickb View Post
Hmm. Pretty sure they’re just playing tit for tat. The panic bunnies told them to follow the science. They were stupid for not doing so.

Some folks continued to point out that science didn’t know yet. They still don’t and have always admitted it. Now it’s further evidenced by any change of position from WHO and CDC.

When the authorities reverse position you should expect a “see, told you so” from those that previously disagreed.
Old 10-09-2020, 5:34 PM
King- Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by el tardo View Post
An easier explanation, you don’t need to be a scientist or a college grad to know when someone’s lying and the scientist people have been lying from the beginning. Again I didn’t need to go to school to be able to figure that one out or have to be a scientist.
You noticed my non-scientific preamble of “tit for tat” right?
Old 10-09-2020, 9:06 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I thought most of the CG viewers were under the impression that the WHO was a puppet of China..

If that's the case, then China wants the WHO to downplay Corona/Covid, which in turn makes many CG viewers happy as they believed that covid is just like the flu.

Just my observations.
Old 10-10-2020, 1:42 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERdept View Post
I thought most of the CG viewers were under the impression that the WHO was a puppet of China..

If that's the case, then China wants the WHO to downplay Corona/Covid, which in turn makes many CG viewers happy as they believed that covid is just like the flu.

Just my observations.
The WHO is quite firmly in the grip of the CCP. They take their marching orders from the CCP. This is quite obvious by the fact that they tweeted on January 14 that this virus was not human transmissible, becasue the CCP told them to do that. Then by March the CCP realized that it would be the only country to suffer serious economic damage from the virus so they told the WHO to tell the world that this virus had a 3.4 percent mortality rate.

The rest of the story is this vacillation from one end of the spectrum of how this disease is not dangerous to how 90% of the global population is at risk (not true), to the idea that 750 million people around the globe have contracted the virus (not what the trackers are reporting, but certainly there are unreported cases in third world nations, but 750 million? Well if true then when looked at in light of the death toll approaching 1 million, the math works out to .14 mortality rate).

See the WHO announcement was not intended to provide this info, just to declare that 750 million people got the Wuflu, a number which had to be extrapolated like all past flu seasons when ~200k people in the US would get tested and the CDC would extrapolate that 60 million people got the flu.

The massive changes from the old system that could only test ~200k people during the flu season to this new system were we have now tested 1/3 of the US population, over 100 million tests, will change the way flu and other diseases are measured and counted, no need to extrapolate numbers when you most likely test 2/3 of the population before this is over, so some of the old ideas about how many people got the flu in a given year is going to change, and the extrapolation techniques will be refined to give more accurate numbers in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN compnerd View Post
When the middle east descends into complete chaos in 2-3 years due in part to the actions of this administration I'll necro post about how clueless I was.
Old 10-10-2020, 1:51 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by as_rocketman View Post
If you're going to reason about it so simplistically, why not say SARS-CoV-2 is about 100,000 times deadlier than sharks?

Got any better insight?
Or we could stick with a fact. More people in the US have died of Pneumonia (without COVID) then have died of SARS-CoV-2 in 2020. Straight from the CDC website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.

What doesn't kill me, better run