Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > Temp Post-Duncan Mag Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2019, 5:24 PM

In most of the USA, you can attach a grenade launcher to the machine gun mounted on your tank if you can manage it.
Old 04-02-2019, 5:26 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Nevertheless, they oppose Defendant’s reasonable and limited request for a temporary stay....out of concern that individuals who have ordered new LCMs would be in violation of California Penal Code section 32310(a). Plaintiffs offer no evidence that there are any Californians who have either ordered or are currently in possession of LCMs in reliance on the Court’s ruling. .....
.... Nothing prevents this Court from fashioning appropriate interim relief for persons who take possession of LCMs purchased between the issuance of the Judgment and an order staying the effect of that Judgment, if there are any such individuals.

There couldn't have been anyone in this State that would dare to act on new freedom once granted. How dare we even think of doing such a thing! LMFAO! There must be at least a million mags on their way, already acquired and brought in, or built from mag parts/kits. Bozoera is delusional.

"You want my sister but now scam my Glocks too?
How about my sister? what can she do now? Still virgin and need Glcok."

---ARegularGuy

NRA Patron Member
Old 04-02-2019, 5:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanspartan View Post
Is Becerra high? No evidence people are buying up mags?

What a piece of **** liar. Just yesterday as evidence for need for a stay he cited that sales were going on.
If there's no evidence anyone is buying up mags... then I guess there's no need for a stay.
Old 04-02-2019, 5:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
Report from Guns & Gadgets. He seems to suggest a ruling might come today?

Well, he was wrong.
Old 04-02-2019, 5:30 PM

is Becerra going to have a bunch of screenshots on calguns post?
Old 04-02-2019, 5:43 PM
AKA: Joe Censored
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I like how the AG's response to the response to the stay request does not accept that any Californian has ordered an LCM since Friday, stating that the response offered no evidence that anyone has in fact made a purchase.

Lol

Edit: just noticed the above has already been commented on

Though I did find it interesting the AG said the court could offer anyone who did purchase but not yet received an allowance from enforcement as part of the temporary stay order.
Old 04-02-2019, 5:45 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummykid View Post
I hope so. Bacerra every website is backed up with tens of thousands of orders from us
Old 04-02-2019, 5:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Gee, this appears to give Benitez more to think about. I can say I think Benitez is going to have to take some time to go over this and give the plaintiff's time to provide a more comprehensive rebuttal. This should take a bit of time to make sure both sides get heard properly. Afterall, Basura's (yes, I stole that) request cites some court cases which they likely already had in mind before the ruling was struck down. The plaintiff's need time to look them up and come up with a response.

Mojave Lever Crew Member

"It is time for us to do what we have been doing and that time is every day. Every day it is time for us to agree that there are things and tools that are available to us to slow this thing down." - Kamala "Heels Up" Harris

Slava Ukraini (Слава Україні)
Old 04-02-2019, 5:54 PM

It's funny to anyone that speaks Spanish because Basura is the word for "garbage" and Bacerra is a piece of trash.
Old 04-02-2019, 5:55 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanspartan View Post
Is Becerra high? No evidence people are buying up mags?

What a piece of **** liar. Just yesterday as evidence for need for a stay he cited that sales were going on.
Basura is a politician. The C.D. Michel is a lawyer who specializes in laws governing firearms.

Mojave Lever Crew Member

"It is time for us to do what we have been doing and that time is every day. Every day it is time for us to agree that there are things and tools that are available to us to slow this thing down." - Kamala "Heels Up" Harris

Old 04-02-2019, 6:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
It's funny to anyone that speaks Spanish because Basura is the word for "garbage" and Bacerra is a piece of trash.
Lol, now that's funny to anyone that speaks English...

iTrader Feedback Link
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1885547
Old 04-02-2019, 6:21 PM

I'm not an attorney. I've read Benitez's ruling and have come to the conclusion that the AG of California is full of s**t.
Old 04-02-2019, 6:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den60 View Post
Basura is a politician. The C.D. Michel is a lawyer who specializes in laws governing firearms.

Basura wishes he were a lawyer. It’s so pathetic - he had to get a waiver for failing to meet the statutory requirement of 5 years as an active member of the State Bar to be eligible for appointment as (interim) AG.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Gavin Newsom is a lying, cheating slickster and will be is the worst mistake California has ever made if he gets now that he has been elected Governor. Hollywood movie producers look to him and his oleaginous persona as a model for the corrupt "bad guy" politician character. This guy is so greasy, he could lubricate an entire arsenal of AR-15s just by breathing on them.
Old 04-02-2019, 6:34 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bulletBarney View Post
Lol, now that's funny to anyone that speaks English...
I don't speak English, I speak American!!

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!
Old 04-02-2019, 6:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsDX View Post
Basura wishes he were a lawyer. It’s so pathetic - he had to get a waiver for failing to meet the statutory requirement of 5 years as an active member of the State Bar to be eligible for appointment as (interim) AG.
We should be glad that California politicians are climbers and creatures of Democratic Party politics and not of actual competence and skill!
Old 04-02-2019, 6:48 PM

So, perhaps a dumb question but if 32310 was declared unconstitutional, what happened to all those rebuild kits that were all the rage a few years back? Sounds to me that it’s 1999 again, I am shocked those have not flooded the market as there were tons of rebuild kit activity here on the forum. Perhaps that has not sunk in yet. Either way just nice to see a win for us even if it’s a short one. Just unbelievable.
Old 04-02-2019, 6:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
So, perhaps a dumb question but if 32310 was declared unconstitutional, what happened to all those rebuild kits that were all the rage a few years back? Sounds to me that it’s 1999 again, I am shocked those have not flooded the market as there were tons of rebuild kit activity here on the forum. Perhaps that has not sunk in yet. Either way just nice to see a win for us even if it’s a short one. Just unbelievable.
I assembled all of my rebuild kits on Friday night.
Old 04-02-2019, 6:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Why would you get a rebuild kit when you can just get a normal magazine?
Old 04-02-2019, 7:04 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Plaintiffs offer no evidence that there are any Californians who have either ordered or are currently in possession of LCMs in reliance on the Court’s ruling.
Honestly, is evidence of this kind actually necessary? Because it is like, everywhere.....

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 04-02-2019, 7:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitaDeL View Post
Honestly, is evidence of this kind actually necessary? Because it is like, everywhere.....
But all the gun shops are out of stock, how is it even possible to buy them?
Old 04-02-2019, 7:48 PM

It's breathtakingly stupid that this actually was written by anyone with a HS diploma, let alone a law degree:

Nevertheless, they oppose Defendant’s reasonable and limited request for a temporary stay while the Court considers the ex parte application for a stay of the Judgment pending appeal out of concern that individuals who have ordered new LCMs would be in violation of California Penal Code section 32310(a).
Plaintiffs offer no evidence that there are any Californians who have either ordered or are currently in possession of LCMs in reliance on the Court’s ruling. And even if such residents exist, that does not militate against a stay. To the contrary, an immediate stay is necessary to prevent further irreparable harm to the State and to avoid potential harm to individuals acting in reliance on the Judgment before the request for a full stay is considered.

Can the request for a stay be considered just on the stupidity of their argument?
Old 04-02-2019, 7:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

If will not be granted because the status quo is 1791 (Bill of Rights Ratified) to 1999 (209 years) when magazines were magazines and there was no such definition as LCM...and Becerra argues for a 20 year status quo...
"Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022

NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
I instruct it if you shoot it.
Old 04-02-2019, 7:54 PM

....if these were gay magazines would Becerra be saying the same thing? That they couldn't marry until the case was heard?
Old 04-02-2019, 7:55 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummykid View Post
Count on it. Those douchebags need to know what they're up against.
CRPA Member

....."He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance."

Declaration of Independence, 1776
Old 04-02-2019, 7:56 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsDX View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

And I expect he writes his motions in crayon.

Mojave Lever Crew Member

Old 04-02-2019, 8:00 PM

So state makes a law.
Judge says no you can't do that.
Judge says law not enforceable because you'd be taking property that they are allowed to own and you can't give back.
State appeals.
Court says, nope, other court was right to block law. Go talk to judge Benetiz again.
Judge says yeah, I meant what I said. Illegal law.
State says ok ok but while we determine if it's really illegal, can you just make the law legal again for a little bit while we take it to anither judge?

And they think he'll say anything other than "No, I've already answered this question twice."
Old 04-02-2019, 8:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9M62 View Post
....if these were gay magazines would Becerra be saying the same thing? That they couldn't marry until the case was heard?
No way. Or if they were abortion magazines full of women trying to murder their babies, he would be falling all over himself to push them through the doors as fast as possible and make us pay for them to kill their babies.
Old 04-02-2019, 8:08 PM

Plaintiffs offer no evidence that there are any Californians who have either ordered or are currently in possession of LCMs in reliance on the Court’s ruling.

They offered evidence in their request for a stay by including the ad from palmetto state armory. They can’t have it both ways. If no resident has ordered mags then why do they need the stay in the first place. ****ing Ridiculous
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - Hon. Roger T. Benitez
Quote:
“To disarm the people…[i]s the most effectual way to enslave them.” - George Mason, 1788
Old 04-02-2019, 8:09 PM

"Plaintiffs offer no evidence that there are any Californians who have either ordered or are currently in possession of LCMs in reliance on the Court’s ruling."

All the judge has to do is go look at the PSA website - which the State cites as evidence in their request for a stay and see that PSA is now sold out of everything. And if he's bored, he could pick any other firearms site. And get the same result.

You would have thought DOJ would have learned their lesson after pissing off the judge with double hearsay. Keep digging.
Old 04-02-2019, 8:16 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911su16b870 View Post
If will not be granted because the status quo is 1791 (Bill of Rights Ratified) to 1999 (209 years) when magazines were magazines and there was no such definition as LCM...and Becerra argues for a 20 year status quo...
Excellent point!
Old 04-02-2019, 8:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Report from Guns & Gadgets. He seems to suggest a ruling might come today?

Tagg video for later
Thanks

“Silence makes cowards out of the best of men” –Abraham Lincoln

🇺🇸 ⚔️ 🦅

Wounded Knee is the prime example of why the Second Amendment exists, and why we shouldn’t be in such a hurry to surrender our Right to Bear Arms.
Without the Second Amendment we have no way to defend ourselves and our families.
Old 04-02-2019, 8:32 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

KPIX news piece:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Last edited by Discogodfather; 04-02-2019 at 8:35 PM..
Old 04-02-2019, 8:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rykoch View Post
To the contrary, an immediate stay is necessary to prevent further irreparable harm to the State and to avoid potential harm to individuals acting in reliance on the Judgment before the request for a full stay is considered.

Can the request for a stay be considered just on the stupidity of their argument?
Did this Basura fool that got his a$& handed to him really just ask for a stay from a judge on the grounds that people are relying on the judges ruling?

Can’t tell if full retard or his junior assistant is 2A friendly. No other reason someone would put such a dumb statement on paper.

Last edited by Hooligan; 04-02-2019 at 8:46 PM..
Old 04-02-2019, 8:36 PM

Which website has mags now? I checked AU they are out of stock.
Old 04-02-2019, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non Political Californian View Post
If there's no evidence anyone is buying up mags... then I guess there's no need for a stay.
Man I wish the Judge's response to the stay request just says this followed by 15 winky face emoji.
Old 04-02-2019, 8:55 PM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by faris1984 View Post
Which website has mags now? I checked AU they are out of stock.
go ask in this thread http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1521211

And be sure to say which mags you are looking for specifically if you want good help.

Old 04-02-2019, 8:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiego619 View Post
No way. Or if they were abortion magazines full of women trying to murder their babies, he would be falling all over himself to push them through the doors as fast as possible and make us pay for them to kill their babies.
Or maybe if they were Sanctuary City magazines, would they have to cooperate with the Federal Gov't. until it was decided in the courts?
Old 04-02-2019, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiego619 View Post
What happens to mags in the mail if a stay is granted?
If you paid for them, they are yours. They do not belong to the seller or the shipper. My opinion.
Old 04-02-2019, 9:06 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Yep; if you have the parts to make a working mag it should be gtg for now.
Old 04-02-2019, 9:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rykoch View Post
It's breathtakingly stupid that this actually was written by anyone with a HS diploma, let alone a law degree:

Nevertheless, they oppose Defendant’s reasonable and limited request for a temporary stay while the Court considers the ex parte application for a stay of the Judgment pending appeal out of concern that individuals who have ordered new LCMs would be in violation of California Penal Code section 32310(a).
Plaintiffs offer no evidence that there are any Californians who have either ordered or are currently in possession of LCMs in reliance on the Court’s ruling. And even if such residents exist, that does not militate against a stay. To the contrary, an immediate stay is necessary to prevent further irreparable harm to the State and to avoid potential harm to individuals acting in reliance on the Judgment before the request for a full stay is considered.

the judge was already all over them for their bogus research and 'facts' presented in favor of the law / PC. Can't believe they're still doing this when they already have almost no credibility. Getting to the point where a judge would be within bounds to ban him from his court.

Last edited by sl0re10; 04-02-2019 at 9:16 PM..