Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Firearm Parts & Accessories Sales
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Firearm Parts & Accessories Sales For the Private sale of Firearms related accessories. Read the rules before posting.

Old 12-21-2010, 8:34 PM

Default Front Sight Certificates - First Time and Returning Student

I have a couple "Returning Student" certificates valid for the following four day classes:
Note that these certificates are valid for "Returning Students", where many certificates are only valid for your first class at Front Sight. These certificates can only be used by one person, and cannot be shared by two people for the two day course. Returning Student Certs are $275/each.

For those who have never taken a course at FS, I also have some of the "Grey" certificates. These can be used for the rifle, pistol and shotgun courses, but not for the M16 or Uzi courses. These certificates are good for one person to attend the four day course, or for two people to attend the two day course. Cost for the first time student certificates is $130/each.

Please feel free to contact me if you have questions about this or if you would like to buy one.

Last edited by Ugly Dwarf; 06-15-2011 at 8:29 AM.. Reason: ETA - First Time Certs Avail and added missing price for Returning Student Certs
Old 12-26-2010, 7:17 AM

Ummm... Ok, didn't think I'd need to specificy this, but no shipping to Pakistan on these.

"hi, what item u can shipped via courier to pakistan with the following ...

1. need under invoice under $ 100
2. ups courier
3. in description u have to write on parts

let me know if you can do it, i can buy many items from you "
Old 05-15-2011, 10:04 AM

Yes, I still have a couple "returning student" certificates available. They are valid for any of the five listed classes.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:59 AM

I found some more of the old "Grey" first time student certificates. A great way to try FS out if you're interested but don't want to buy a membership sight unseen.
Old 06-14-2011, 2:45 PM

Sorry for my Noobness - but what is the point of these, versus buying directly from Frontsight? Are these discounted?
Old 06-14-2011, 2:58 PM

Yes, these discount the price of a class.

FS distributes these certificates to various people, to be used as marketing tools. I believe their assumption is that once people attend the training, they will see the value and buy a membership.

List price for a 4 Day Class is $2000. However, most people do not pay full price, but rather buy one of these "Free Class" certificates. Most people who want to return will typically buy a membership at one level or another.
Old 06-14-2011, 3:26 PM

So if me and my friend want to go, which cert do we need, how much, and how many days do we get (2 I think right?)

Sorry for ?'s, but just saw this thread and wanted to see.
Old 06-15-2011, 9:28 AM

Please PM me with any follow up questions, but I'll answer the above here for others too.

If this is your first time going to FS, one of the "Grey Certificates" (First Time Student) could be used for you AND a friend to take the two day class.

If you have taken ANY class from FS before (not just one of the ones on the certificate), you would need to use a "Returning Student" certificate. These are ONLY good for one student and are valid for the four day classes listed. I expect you could use one for a two day class (you would want to confirm with FS before you buy), but I doubt you could add a second student nor would I expect that you would get any credit for the other two days of training.

Now, regarding the concept of two students taking a two day class on one certificate, let me say that I think this is a penny wise and pound foolish way to look at the class. I realize I have an interest in selling more certificates, but I DO believe that the four day class is FAR SUPERIOR to the two day class. I think most people who have trained at FS will agree with me and I encourage you to reach out to someone else on the board who has posted their experience to confirm this.

For those not familiar with it, the two day class is just the first two days of the four day class. There is NO difference in the training for those two days. You will start with a four day class, and leave at the end of two days. Everyone else in your class will continue on for two more days. They do not change the curriculum to 'speed up' the class for two day attendees.

The first two days of the classes above are spent learning the basic fundamentals of the gun you're training with. You will (at times) be "drinking from a fire hose", trying to absorb everything and apply it on the firing line. They do a good job of going slow to start and building a proper foundation, but you will probably be learning a LOT if this is your first time through a class like this. The second two days will be practicing what you learned the first two days. They will review what you're doing well and will reinforce what you are struggling with. My first class at FS was a two day class (two students on one cert), and I cannot begin to tell you how sorry I was to leave before the third day when things really got moving.

If you can't afford the cost of the four day cert, you really need to rethink the true cost of taking any class. Remember that the cert only pays for your training. It does not pay for your hotel room, meals, airfare, rental car, ammo or any other incidentals. You can minimize these costs if you're relatively close by, but realize that there are costs (above the training tuition) to taking ANY class from ANY school.

The only reason I would suggest someone take a two day class is if you can't take more than two days for training. In that case, I would encourage you to plan further out and take the four day class later. Two days of training is much better than none, but in this case four days is so much better than two.

Dwarf