Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 08-04-2022, 10:18 AM

Default CCW Safe Insurance

Anyone has referral/coupon codes for CCW Safe Insurance?
Old 08-04-2022, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluugn View Post

That would be nice to have

B-Fam
Old 08-04-2022, 12:12 PM

I have one for the Best USCCA if you want it
Old 08-04-2022, 12:22 PM

Quote:

I just used KC10OFF for 10% discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2022, 12:24 PM

Default Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedM333 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seems to have expired
DOJ Firearms cleared: May 16th
Proceed to training: July 7th
Training confirmed: July 14th
Call for Pickup: August 30th
Picked Up: September 7 2022
Old 08-04-2022, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedM333 View Post
This code isn't working and wasn't working for at least couple months.
Old 08-04-2022, 1:12 PM

Quote:
This code isn't working and wasn't working for at least couple months.
Hmm really...I used on July 27th to be exact when I switched from USCCA. That sucks.
Old 08-04-2022, 1:34 PM

Yes Id love a code
Old 08-04-2022, 2:22 PM

LOSD10 it might work

B-Fam
Old 08-04-2022, 2:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

try LTT10 ... This was emailed to me a while back, not sure if it works or not still
Old 08-04-2022, 3:01 PM

LOSD10 expired, but LTT10 works ($10 off)
Thanks, Maulerrr!
Old 08-04-2022, 3:09 PM

Looks like LTT10 only applies to yearly renewal plans.
Old 08-04-2022, 6:37 PM

Default LOSD10

Branca just posted "LOSD10" as working for CCW Safe in today's video post. Are you sure it's expired?
Old 08-04-2022, 7:26 PM

LTT10 works for annual payment only and LOSD10 expired. I've tried it multiple times today and yesterday with the same results.
Old 08-04-2022, 9:21 PM

Ccpodcast for CCWSAFE if I remember correctly it’s 20% if paid for the year. I listen to their podcast regularly and they make mention of it fairly often.

EDIT - CCPODCAST = 10% discount w/ CCWSAFE

You know why there's a second amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one - Rush Limbaugh -

I have too many guns - Nobody EVER -

Last edited by PipelineJunkie87; 08-04-2022 at 9:23 PM.. Reason: Correction for accuracy.
Old 08-05-2022, 11:33 AM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipelineJunkie87 View Post
Ccpodcast for CCWSAFE if I remember correctly it’s 20% if paid for the year. I listen to their podcast regularly and they make mention of it fairly often.

EDIT - CCPODCAST = 10% discount w/ CCWSAFE
I just tried to sign up using this discount code (for annual payment option) and got error message:

Coupon "ccpodcast" does not exist!
Old 08-05-2022, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NERVOUS View Post
I just tried to sign up using this discount code (for annual payment option) and got error message:

Coupon "ccpodcast" does not exist!
My apologies, according this link they have changed it to 15% discount however you now need to become a guardian nation member to access. https://guardian.concealedcarry.com/10-discount/

Sorry for the misinformation I was unaware that they have changed their methods.

You know why there's a second amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one - Rush Limbaugh -

Old 08-05-2022, 12:46 PM

Quote:
My apologies, according this link they have changed it to 15% discount however you now need to become a guardian nation member to access. https://guardian.concealedcarry.com/10-discount/

Sorry for the misinformation I was unaware that they have changed their methods.

Is this membership as good as ccw safe?

B-Fam
Old 08-05-2022, 2:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Fam View Post
Is this membership as good as ccw safe?

B-Fam
B-Fam, from what I know Guardian Nation is not an insurance company. They have multiple items for sale, member only training sections, member only access to testing, etc. the cool thing about GN is that they do a gift basket every three months that contains items firearm related that is equal to or more of value than the membership fees for the period. In addition they have multiple sponsors (such as CCW SAFE) where they can offer discounts too. That’s where the insurance discount is applied as they are an affiliate.

Old 08-05-2022, 3:58 PM

Quote:
B-Fam, from what I know Guardian Nation is not an insurance company. They have multiple items for sale, member only training sections, member only access to testing, etc. the cool thing about GN is that they do a gift basket every three months that contains items firearm related that is equal to or more of value than the membership fees for the period. In addition they have multiple sponsors (such as CCW SAFE) where they can offer discounts too. That’s where the insurance discount is applied as they are an affiliate.

Thanks for the information very much appreciated I’ll have to look into it

B-Fam
Old 08-06-2022, 12:29 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Great information, thank you for sharing.
Old 08-06-2022, 4:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NERVOUS View Post
Great information, thank you for sharing.
You’re welcome. Here is the link for east reference: https://guardian.concealedcarry.com/

Old 08-19-2022, 6:59 PM

Default Now "LOSD"

Update. Code is now LOSD. Only good on annual memberships, not monthly.
Old 08-21-2022, 9:29 AM

Looks like LOSD works. Is CCWSafe still considered one of the best?
Old 08-25-2022, 10:15 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio View Post
I have one for the Best USCCA if you want it
I think ccw safe is better, simply because they don’t have a “recoupment clause,” unlike USCCA does. That means in the event you lose your criminal case in court, ccw safe will NOT come seeking their money back from you that they spent. That’s huge.

“Pay attention. I’m educating you and I’m using small words.” -Mark Levin

”Enraging liberals is simply one of the more enjoyable side effects of my wisdom.” -Rush R.I.P.

-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Old 08-25-2022, 10:35 AM

Trailer park trash. I will keep USCCA over any other one. Plus I get my First Responder discount.
Old 08-26-2022, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
I think ccw safe is better, simply because they don’t have a “recoupment clause,” unlike USCCA does. That means in the event you lose your criminal case in court, ccw safe will NOT come seeking their money back from you that they spent. That’s huge.
Just something to remember. If you lose your criminal case, the civil case that follows won't be covered and that is where the big bucks leak out of your bank account, your home, your retirement and anything else. Do yourselves a favor and research some typical wrongful death civil case awards where a shooting was involved. While there is no typical average, there are plenty of cases you can find to open your eyes. Once you are convicted of the criminal offense, the money isn't likely to be tens of thousands it's more likely to be many many hundreds of thousands and depending on what happened, could be over a million easily.

Doing just a little research past the marketing hype will open your eyes really wide. (and this my friends, is why you MYOB when you carry a gun - yeah-that issue).

If you lose your criminal case, any money you saved from not having to pay for your criminal defense will amount to peanuts compared to the very likely award a jury will decide since at that point, you have been convicted.

So in the end, what good will the tens of thousands do you when any civil case judgement will likely be many times that not to mention your civil case defense? (IOW, you aren't saving a darn thing). That money will just go to a different lawyer or someone else, you aren't getting to save that.

The chances of there not being a civil case if you lose your criminal case is almost nil.

Take the money you put into some insurance deal put that toward your estate planning and securing your assets so that if the worst happens your family isn't living under a bridge. Once you have that all locked up, sure, some insurance if you really think it's going to matter (and that doesn't mean the fluff marketing on the insurance website).

It's so easy to think that insurance is going to make any criminal case you lose any easier on you or your family - it will not because that criminal case is just the beginning of your financial life being destroyed beyond recovery and no CCW insurance anything is going to make much difference. It would be bad enough winning a criminal case which could be just for lack of evidence or a technical mistake but as you should know, the burden of proof in a civil trial is a much lower barrier than in a criminal case.

If you haven't really dig deep into this and just go about your day carrying without a very good understanding of this and instead put all your marbles in the ammo, the gun, the accessories and some scenarios of when you might try getting involved in something while carrying, you are just one situation away from a total destruction of you and your family's financial future.

This is not legal advice (because there are always some - you know who you are), it's common sense. Probably many people who carry a gun just think some insurance is going to save something, these aren't car collisions, you draw and use your gun and lose the criminal case and unless you've done a lot more than buying into some insurance scheme, it is over and there is unlikely any recovery. Think about that real hard and remember it before you see something that doesn't directly affect you and flashes of the word HERO come to mind.

Don't get stuck on Stupid, read a Sticky!

Think past your gun.

Defense is a losing proposition when time is on the side of the opponent.
Not losing is not a Victory if everything stays the same.
Old 08-26-2022, 12:23 PM
Calguns Addict

CCW Safe has an option for civil lawsuit coverage.

American Marksman Training Group
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page

NRA Memberships at Discounted fee
Old 08-26-2022, 2:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mute View Post
CCW Safe has an option for civil lawsuit coverage.
It isn't the legal fees, its the judgement and award that does the damage.

You lost the criminal case (referring to the premise of the post I replied to earlier) and you are already a convicted felon. Now you, convicted felon go to the civil trial. The last thing making a difference in your life will be legal fees, it's going to be the award. Is CCW Safe going to pay for opposing attorney fees? Remember, this is a civil case and IIRC the winning side asks for attorney fees.

I am not in any way saying some form of insurance isn't worth having but I read the CCW Safe website and it's pure marketing and as usual, they like everyone tell you about the case where they were successful in a criminal defense and then there was a civil case. That isn't what I was talking about nor what the other post referred to. The premise is that you've lost the criminal case and those fees are taken care of by the insurance.

Big whoop, you are in prison. Then the pile on comes in the form of the civil case. What are the chances of someone convicted of a criminal act (shooting) being found not liable in the civil case? I'm not a lawyer but I think it's probably not in the cads you get the bus back to prison and everything you own doesn't get taken away from you and your family is left with zip.

Insurance? Ok. But if anyone think these CCW insurance programs are going to do much if you shoot and are found guilty in the criminal case that it's going to matter, good luck with that.

These threads tie together so often. The MYOB issue is a big deal because the chances of you being on the wrong side of things when you use your gun in a situation where there is no direct threat to you goes way up. I bet not that many people who carry give that a second thought.

We all hope that day never comes. Just remember, the fees charged by the attorney if you lost the criminal case is nothing compared to what comes afterward, it's peanuts. You draw you had better be 100% on the right side and not in someone else's nonsense because the siphon into everything you own just got connected.

Don't get stuck on Stupid, read a Sticky!

Think past your gun.

Defense is a losing proposition when time is on the side of the opponent.
Not losing is not a Victory if everything stays the same.

Last edited by SharedShots; 08-26-2022 at 2:38 PM..
Old 08-28-2022, 1:17 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharedShots View Post
Doing just a little research past the marketing hype will open your eyes really wide. (and this my friends, is why you MYOB when you carry a gun - yeah-that issue).
“MYOB.” Like hypothetically a sudden school shooter doing his thing at others, (not at you) but right in front of you? Remember you’ve already made “that issue” pretty darn clear in another thread, that you’d do 100% NOTHING for anybody under “ANY” circumstance becasue it’s apparently “non of your business.” I get it, your blinders are on and you’d high-tail it out of there. No need to keep advertising your intentions over and over again. Some people just aren’t made the same as others.

However…. that thread is not germane to the topic at hand on this thread.

”Enraging liberals is simply one of the more enjoyable side effects of my wisdom.” -Rush R.I.P.

-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Old 08-28-2022, 2:32 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharedShots View Post
It isn't the legal fees, its the judgement and award that does the damage.

You lost the criminal case (referring to the premise of the post I replied to earlier) and you are already a convicted felon. Now you, convicted felon go to the civil trial. The last thing making a difference in your life will be legal fees, it's going to be the award. Is CCW Safe going to pay for opposing attorney fees? Remember, this is a civil case and IIRC the winning side asks for attorney fees.

I am not in any way saying some form of insurance isn't worth having but I read the CCW Safe website and it's pure marketing and as usual, they like everyone tell you about the case where they were successful in a criminal defense and then there was a civil case. That isn't what I was talking about nor what the other post referred to. The premise is that you've lost the criminal case and those fees are taken care of by the insurance.

Big whoop, you are in prison. Then the pile on comes in the form of the civil case. What are the chances of someone convicted of a criminal act (shooting) being found not liable in the civil case? I'm not a lawyer but I think it's probably not in the cads you get the bus back to prison and everything you own doesn't get taken away from you and your family is left with zip.

Insurance? Ok. But if anyone think these CCW insurance programs are going to do much if you shoot and are found guilty in the criminal case that it's going to matter, good luck with that.

These threads tie together so often. The MYOB issue is a big deal because the chances of you being on the wrong side of things when you use your gun in a situation where there is no direct threat to you goes way up. I bet not that many people who carry give that a second thought.

We all hope that day never comes. Just remember, the fees charged by the attorney if you lost the criminal case is nothing compared to what comes afterward, it's peanuts. You draw you had better be 100% on the right side and not in someone else's nonsense because the siphon into everything you own just got connected.

You seem to make a lot of assumptions about what other people think or will do while at the same time berating anyone who would dare to even try to do the same thing about your statements. I doubt many people in this thread thinks that these programs will do you any good if you made bad decisions in your choice to use a gun in a shooting but if you want to believe everyone else is a complete idiot, be my guest.

American Marksman Training Group
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page

NRA Memberships at Discounted fee
Old 08-28-2022, 3:03 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mute View Post
You seem to make a lot of assumptions about what other people think or will do while at the same time berating anyone who would dare to even try to do the same thing about your statements. I doubt many people in this thread thinks that these programs will do you any good if you made bad decisions in your choice to use a gun in a shooting but if you want to believe everyone else is a complete idiot, be my guest.

I concur. I don't see anywhere in CCWSafe T&C that the civil coverage will be denied if the defendant loses the criminal case.
Old 08-30-2022, 9:05 AM

I mean the cost of any decent defense lawyer in CA has got to be what $300/hr+? So paying $500/yr for insurance just to cover that expense alone is worth it IMHO. How much are we paying for home insurance and car insurance and when was the last time it was used if ever?

As for losing the criminal case it's in your best interest to not lose it so hire the best lawyer possible which having insurance allows you to do...but also it's in the insurance company's best interest to not lose the case so you're on the same team. But yeah, even before you find yourself in a situation where you're charged with a crime it's best to avoid it. To repeat what the CCW class teaches us, it really *is* the last option to save your own life (or your loved ones') that's it. You can't take someone's life if they take/want your property. Property does not equal taking someone's life. You're not a cop and you're not Thor nor Superman.

Having said that I would like to know if there's more we should be doing to protect our assets should things go wrong. Is that an irrevocable trust or an LLC etc? I don't know the answer here but would like to know.

Last edited by mps9; 08-30-2022 at 9:57 AM..
Old 09-01-2022, 7:01 PM
Veteran Member

The “recoup” clause is an immediate red flag. USCCA has a recoup clause. CCW Safe does not.

This guy talks in detail about all the pros of CCW safe, vs USCCA….

https://youtu.be/B6EHrsoev4M

-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Old 09-12-2022, 2:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
The “recoup” clause is an immediate red flag. USCCA has a recoup clause. CCW Safe does not.

This guy talks in detail about all the pros of CCW safe, vs USCCA….

https://youtu.be/B6EHrsoev4M
thanks for this post. listening to him now. It's between CCWsafe and USCCA for me.