Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 04-04-2021, 9:35 AM

Default LAX AMMO Huntington Beach Sale

It's interesting how people changed their posts after the thread got moderated.

I found good amount of ammo on the shelf at Ryenex in Chino, but it was MEN (West German) 50 rds for $32 out the door cash price. And NO I don't work there either.

LAX AMMO was expensive, but at least it was available and USA MADE ammo, not Wolf or Águila.

Seems crazy that folks would flame someone telling y'all where ammo is available to actually buy. Probably because it cuts into their sales on the Private Ammo forum.

In any case. I found 2500rounds this past weekend, some better priced than others, and factory new, not reloads or gray market.

Good luck and God Bless America.

Last edited by reefmonster; 04-06-2021 at 10:10 AM.. Reason: Update post
Old 04-04-2021, 12:51 PM
Veteran Member

I want to thank OP for posting and contributing (assuming he is not working for LAX). Want to welcome new shooters to the field and a reminder vote according to protect our rights.

Are these reloads?

However, to give perspective....before the panic prices, new factory 9mm can be had at 20 cents a round or less (~$10 / 50 round box). So it's hard to ask those that stock up at those prices to be excited when it's 74 cents / reloaded round.

But it's nice to hear for those that really need it that there is a source. Would wait if you could. Hopefully the new normal will be around 25 cents a round as all the manufacture had stated that prices has gone up as raw materials has gone up.

Good luck!
Old 04-04-2021, 3:15 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

OP thanks for taking the time to post.
Many of us here bought 9mm at less than $0.15 per round in the "good old days". Many stocked up at those prices are are outraged at the current > $0.70 cpr. Driven by supply and demand issues, and the huge number of new gun owners who now are looking for ammo as well.

The current price you posted is really high for us. So that's why so many negative comments.

Don't be discouraged and welcome!
Old 04-04-2021, 3:20 PM
Veteran Member

Agree...thanks for posting and welcome!

Hope things will get back to $250ish / 1000 rounds soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine View Post
OP thanks for taking the time to post.
Many of us here bought 9mm at less than $0.15 per round in the "good old days". Many stocked up at those prices are are outraged at the current > $0.70 cpr. Driven by supply and demand issues, and the huge number of new gun owners who now are looking for ammo as well.

The current price you posted is really high for us. So that's why so many negative comments.

Don't be discouraged and welcome!
Old 04-06-2021, 10:08 AM

Bump. Found Ammo in stock in So Cal.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2021, 10:11 AM

What did I miss?
Old 04-06-2021, 10:21 AM

Hi OP! as others have said, we were able to buy ammo at lower prices. But for those who need it, there isnt really another option right now.

As far as LAX ammo being made in America while wolf and men arent... Many members have had issues with LAX Ammo in the past. LAX knows this. There was a thread not too long ago where they were selling ammo and notifying customers who bought it that they would not be responsible for squibs, bad loads, and any resulting damage to the firearm.

And fwiw, Wolf, MEN, and Aguila is good ammo. Especially Wolf Gold.

Anyways, glad you got some ammo and dont be discourage from posting and finding deals.
Old 04-06-2021, 2:51 PM

Wolf isn’t actually all that bad. Sure it’s dirtier than Winchester or something made in the US, but I’ve found their gold series (particularly 308 since that’s what I shoot most) runs fine through my guns, as does their 223. The issue I think a lot of us have with LAX is they’re known scalpers, and like to mark everything up 200% even in this current market. I go there only if it’s something I need immediately, or for hard to find stuff like Beowulf or 44 Magnum. But thanks for posting, newbies who haven’t been stocking up for years still need to know where to find ammo.

Link to iTrader feedback page:https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...9#post28178109
Old 04-06-2021, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robdog1 View Post
Wolf isn’t actually all that bad. Sure it’s dirtier than Winchester or something made in the US, but I’ve found their gold series (particularly 308 since that’s what I shoot most) runs fine through my guns, as does their 223. The issue I think a lot of us have with LAX is they’re known scalpers, and like to mark everything up 200% even in this current market. I go there only if it’s something I need immediately, or for hard to find stuff like Beowulf or 44 Magnum. But thanks for posting, newbies who haven’t been stocking up for years still need to know where to find ammo.
Being new to California and from a state without any real restrictions on ammo, so what a shock ot was not to find a box anywhere at all. In Texas November 2019 I bought 1000 rounds of Sig Sauer 9 x 19 target JHP for $265. When I came here in November 2020 I found 300 rounds of Sig 9 x 19 for $300!

Yeah, not a fun experience at all.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2021, 4:56 PM

Wait you moved to California!
Old 04-06-2021, 5:14 PM

Why doesn't LAX Ammo sell mail order to Californians via their FFL?
Old 04-06-2021, 5:58 PM
Veteran Member

I hope ammo prices come down soon.
Old 04-07-2021, 8:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipTheDog View Post
Why doesn't LAX Ammo sell mail order to Californians via their FFL?
Apparently, due to a quirk in the law (California-based ammo vendors have stricter rules than out-of-state vendors), Cali-based ammo vendors cannot do mail order sales within California. So only out-of-state vendors can ship to CA FFL03's, and CA ammo vendors can only ship out of state.

More proof Liberals' brains were installed backwards at the factory.

But let's not give LAX a full pass. LAX Ammo never mail ordered to California residents, even before the new CA ammo background check laws went into effect, presumably because they didn't want to compete with their retail stores (which of course has higher prices). I have a long memory, LAX Ammo.

Be sure to add CRPA as your charity in Amazon Smile. $#!thead Bezos canceled it.
Old 04-07-2021, 9:06 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guninator View Post
Apparently, due to a quirk in the law (California-based ammo vendors have stricter rules than out-of-state vendors), Cali-based ammo vendors cannot do mail order sales within California. So only out-of-state vendors can ship to CA FFL03's, and CA ammo vendors can only ship out of state.

But let's not give LAX a full pass. LAX Ammo never mail ordered to California residents, even before the new CA ammo background check laws went into effect, presumably because they didn't want to compete with their retail stores (which of course has higher prices). I have a long memory, LAX Ammo.
Difference in price between the stores, internet, and gun shows. I'm not in to bait and switch I do not use LAX range or ammo.
Old 04-07-2021, 9:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Swan View Post
Difference in price between the stores, internet, and gun shows. I'm not in to bait and switch I do not use LAX range or ammo.
Quote:

I came here for THIS.

I understand the current climate of supply and demand change the prices, and its incredibly hard for vendors to get stock, and some even lose money on ammo just to offer new customers something to shoot.

LAX ammo never had our backs, even years ago, before all the crazy online ammo laws. Customers would ask for an online price match and they'd mentioned thats online only pricing. So, they are totally fine with price gouging CA residents.

They could easily had sales in their stores, or at least match online promotions, and they never did. they price gouged CA residents for years, and I cant stand for that. i remember as far back as 2016, when online retailers still shipped to our homes.

Last edited by skurd; 04-07-2021 at 9:44 AM..
Old 04-07-2021, 1:59 PM
Veteran Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmonster View Post

Seems crazy that folks would flame someone telling y'all where ammo is available to actually buy. Probably because it cuts into their sales on the Private Ammo forum.
Why would it cut into my sales? I sell it cheaper than LAX ammo lol.
Old 04-07-2021, 4:03 PM

Any other spots in OC that have 9mm in stock? I don’t want to support traitors and gougers.
Old 04-07-2021, 4:30 PM

Quote:

:
Thanks for the well-written reply.
Old 04-07-2021, 4:50 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default ammo in OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct78 View Post
Any other spots in OC that have 9mm in stock? I don’t want to support traitors and gougers.
I heard that Rifle Supply in HB has. But that was yesterday.

I don't know if all companies are gouging, in many cases their costs have increased by the manufacturers, and the shipping costs have increased as well.
Overall inflation on everything... but ammo and guns are at crazy prices.
Old 04-07-2021, 5:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine View Post
I heard that Rifle Supply in HB has. But that was yesterday.

I don't know if all companies are gouging, in many cases their costs have increased by the manufacturers, and the shipping costs have increased as well.
Overall inflation on everything... but ammo and guns are at crazy prices.
Winchester is the only one that has publicly stated there will be an increase on prices.

The majority of those who are inflating prices are the distributors, shops, and flippers
Old 04-07-2021, 6:03 PM

^^ true when other smaller shops are getting and selling ammo for cheaper prices it’s a pretty good giveaway that stores are adding on some cash.
Old 04-07-2021, 11:25 PM

I scored big today. Was looking for a while and finally found some 6.5 match. Going to see how they group tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2021, 7:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ13 View Post

I scored big today. Was looking for a while and finally found some 6.5 match. Going to see how they group tomorrow

Is this from LAX?
Old 04-08-2021, 7:41 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Russ, What did that cost you a box? $50 or more?

Chief Range Safety Officer
Instructor: Basic Pistol Shooting
Instructor: Personal Protection Inside the Home
Old 04-08-2021, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassCase View Post
Russ, What did that cost you a box? $50 or more?

$45