Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 05-22-2020, 2:31 PM
Veteran Member

Nope - I don't carry at home. I have 4 dogs, all rescues and very appreciative of their home and their people. I have firearms strategically placed around the home.
Old 05-22-2020, 3:51 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Title1guy View Post
Being retired; every morning when I get up, I lounge around the house with a S&W 340pd and Sticky holster in my pajama/sweats waistband while I make coffee and eat breakfast ...

... If yes, what make and model do you carry?
Retired senior here too.

Seecamp CA Edition 32 ACP.
Old 05-22-2020, 4:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
If you feel compelled to carry when at home, you're living in the wrong neighborhood. Move.
I am in a great neighborhood but the homeless will not stay away.
Old 05-22-2020, 4:52 PM

Location: Currently in Virginia. Moving to San Diego summer 2020.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiction View Post
what i meant with what i said with the smart watch is that some people like wearing luxury timepieces like rolex, audemars piguet, panerai, patek etc. and some like the casio g shock for that full operator look all day long. our cellphones are always with us so there's no need another device that does the same thing. not to mention you're trying to read text messages on a really small screen.
The cellphone may be with you, but which pocket is it in? Most people have their gun and phone on the same side -- strongside. I'm guilty of that too. I have spare loaded mags in my weak side pocket. The watch is an alternative idea that I've had success with.

I'm not a fan of the operator look. That's my personal preference. I have no issues with those who dress that way. I prefer the grey man look.

I don't read texts on my watch. That's what a cell phone is for. Of somebody is sending me a text, outs not important. I sure hope 911 isn't trying to text me after I call them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Transient; 05-22-2020 at 5:15 PM..
Old 05-22-2020, 5:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandHill View Post
Wow! An apple watch on a Leatherman Tread! I would feel like such an operator. The only question then would be whether I needed a mousegun in my shorts in addition the large caliber, long barrel, high muzzle energy gun that's always there
Eww, no way! Apple products are icky, lol. It's a Samsung Galaxy watch. Apple watches have the square display that scream, " I'm a smart watch. Steal me." My watch is round so it blends in.

It has nothing to do with being an operator. That's what G Shock is for.

The Tread is a TSA compliant multitool. Also, most people don't recognize it as a bunch of tools. And, it's been very useful the entire time I've had it. It gets used frequently. When I go to the amusement park I have to leave the Leatherman Surge and my gun in the car. Should something, such as the baby stroller, have an issue, such as a loose nut or screw, I can still take care of it right then.

Your attempt to be derogatory is nothing more than elementary schoolyard bullying. You don't know me, and didn't ask why I do things the way I do. You're demonstrating that your conversational skills are on par with juveniles. If you were to engage in a bit of maturing, and start asking questions as to why somebody is doing something you may find the prepubescent statement you were considering making was completely unwarranted in the first place, thus avoiding looking stupid.

Remember, it's okay to agree to disagree. After all, I'm okay and you're okay.

Last edited by Transient; 05-22-2020 at 5:17 PM..
Old 05-22-2020, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient View Post
That's what my smart watch is for. It's programmed so I push the bottom right button 3 times and it'll call 911 and send preselected contacts my GPS location. A phone does need to be close enough to be connected for the GPS part, but because I have the correct service provider my watch can act as stand alone phone.

Curios if your smart watch has photo/video function?
I figure if situation permits, I can id threat with photo/video.
Old 05-22-2020, 6:45 PM

I always have a raven 25 in my pocket at home. For mouse dispatching and such
Old 05-22-2020, 6:57 PM

Quote:
The cellphone may be with you, but which pocket is it in? Most people have their gun and phone on the same side -- strongside. I'm guilty of that too. I have spare loaded mags in my weak side pocket. The watch is an alternative idea that I've had success with.

I'm not a fan of the operator look. That's my personal preference. I have no issues with those who dress that way. I prefer the grey man look.

I don't read texts on my watch. That's what a cell phone is for. Of somebody is sending me a text, outs not important. I sure hope 911 isn't trying to text me after I call them.

i always put my cell in my right butt cheek pocket and then i just take it out before sitting down. i'm just not a fan of smart watches. i like a watch that's not connected to my cell. i'm old school like that.
Old 05-22-2020, 6:59 PM

Quote:
Eww, no way! Apple products are icky, lol. It's a Samsung Galaxy watch. Apple watches have the square display that scream, " I'm a smart watch. Steal me." My watch is round so it blends in.

It has nothing to do with being an operator. That's what G Shock is for.

The Tread is a TSA compliant multitool. Also, most people don't recognize it as a bunch of tools. And, it's been very useful the entire time I've had it. It gets used frequently. When I go to the amusement park I have to leave the Leatherman Surge and my gun in the car. Should something, such as the baby stroller, have an issue, such as a loose nut or screw, I can still take care of it right then.

Your attempt to be derogatory is nothing more than elementary schoolyard bullying. You don't know me, and didn't ask why I do things the way I do. You're demonstrating that your conversational skills are on par with juveniles. If you were to engage in a bit of maturing, and start asking questions as to why somebody is doing something you may find the prepubescent statement you were considering making was completely unwarranted in the first place, thus avoiding looking stupid.

Remember, it's okay to agree to disagree. After all, I'm okay and you're okay.

the only time i'm purchasing a samsung product is if apple goes out of business...apple all day everyday for me.
Old 05-22-2020, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A. View Post
Curios if your smart watch has photo/video function?

I figure if situation permits, I can id threat with photo/video.
It can receive, but can't take and send. That's not what I bought it for. If the situation plays out at my home, it'll be on camera automatically.

Old 05-22-2020, 7:05 PM

Quote:
i always put my cell in my right butt cheek pocket and then i just take it out before sitting down. i'm just not a fan of smart watches. i like a watch that's not connected to my cell. i'm old school like that.
There's nothing wrong with not having a smart watch. To each, their own.

Just curious, are you right handed? How would you get your phone out of your pocket of you are holding a gun. I get that switching the gun into your left hand is an option, but are you as proficient with it in your left hand?

Old 05-22-2020, 7:08 PM

Quote:
the only time i'm purchasing a samsung product is if apple goes out of business...apple all day everyday for me.
Different strokes for different folks. I feel the same way about Apple that you feel about Samsung. It's all an opinion, and nothing more. I do what I do because it works for me, including when I'm in my pajamas (see what I did there, trying to bring the convo back on topic?).

Old 05-23-2020, 12:26 AM

I don't carry inside my house typically, just because it's a small house and my carry gun is always in the same spot when I'm at home and it's easy to get to. But, if I'm working on my car in the driveway or watering out front I typically have my P365 or S&W 642 on me. My neighborhood's a little rough and you can't be too careful these days.

Last edited by bk23103; 05-23-2020 at 12:28 AM..
Old 05-23-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Different strokes for different folks. I feel the same way about Apple that you feel about Samsung. It's all an opinion, and nothing more. I do what I do because it works for me, including when I'm in my pajamas (see what I did there, trying to bring the convo back on topic?).

exactly...it's all about preference but since you said "ewww, apple products are icky" then that's name calling. if you had said, i'm very content with my samsung then i could respect that. i've had a few samsungs but i really am not happy with them. so yes...to each is own. moving on...
Old 05-23-2020, 11:06 AM

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with not having a smart watch. To each, their own.

Just curious, are you right handed? How would you get your phone out of your pocket of you are holding a gun. I get that switching the gun into your left hand is an option, but are you as proficient with it in your left hand?

when your engaging you're not trying to text/call someone so i'm good where i put my cell. if i can always use my left hand and reach back for my cell...no big deal. it's not like im a sumo wrestler that's not that flexible. moving on...
Old 05-23-2020, 11:11 AM
I need a LIFE!!

No. I have a gun within 10 feet of me at all times in my house though. I have hidden guns all over, and they are all intentionally cheap, yet very functional guns that will get the job done. My Canik TP9, 870, Sig P365, Kel-Tec PMR30, AR-15, and XDS-9 are all in strategic places, as well as having a home alarm installed, as well as having cameras. If someone is trying to sneak up on me, they have the WRONG house. I'll almost guarantee you I'll see YOU before you see ME.
Old 05-23-2020, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Prime View Post

No pajama gun necessary.
Those are some good looking doggies.
Old 05-23-2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofeugene View Post
Actually, it does. What you've highlighted are outliers.

https://www.12news.com/article/news/...d-bdb51e9bdf5c

This one is recent, states the father was alerted by a dog, but somehow the naked dude was able to enter the house with a piece of wood and get into a kids room. I google mapped the cross streets and it looks like its near some type of resort and a golf club/country club. So yeah invasions happen everywhere.
Old 05-24-2020, 7:04 AM

No I do not
Old 06-02-2020, 11:33 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I wonder with the current events unfolding in front of our eyes some maybe too close to cause insomnia, has anyone reconsidered this “Pajama Gun”? This is hearsay according to the person monitoring a scanner: A gunshop that is barely 3 miles away from my house had multiple cars gather around it last night. Thankfully the owner and 2 staff are in the store and called 911, probably a CYA procedure in case bodies start dropping. The local PD were busy so it’s unknown how immediate the response was, it probably saved the lives of the looters for the owner and staff more than likely have a big surprise for the criminals.

So last night I strapped on my G23 and a Mossberg 930JM stoked with #4s. I can hear revving engines, gunfire and sirens every few minutes. Not sure what time in the early AM quiet and calm maybe the looters moved on. I unstrapped my G23 and put the S&W BG380 and a spare mag in my shorts’ pocket.
Just beware of the thorns...
K. Meine
Old 06-02-2020, 12:10 PM

I am 17 miles from downtown LA and there has been no trouble anywhere near me. I have not changed my position at all. My guns are unloaded and locked in the safe except for my usual home defense gun.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:31 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'll usually have either a little 357 jframe (which I mainly wear if I'm doing yardwork or cleaning) or else a shield on me
Old 06-02-2020, 10:37 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealocan View Post
I have my pajamas with the footsies on the feet,

so I keep an North American Arms micro revolver in the that plastic footsie area.

Sure, it's like constantly stepping on a Lego

but it keeps me in the extreme situation awareness zone.
Hilarious, where is the like button??