Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 05-22-2020, 7:28 AM

Default Could Kommiefornia be ramping up for semi-auto ban?

First the ammo background raids and now this to add to the reasons for more funding...

https://www.scpr.org/news/2018/04/20...california-bu/

Oh yeah....then the earth splits open with me on one side and the (off roster gun) on the other. Then appeared a large red-glowing pit with gavin newscum, diane frankenstein and governor "brown the drain" at the bottom of it, waving their pitchforks at me.
(Non caps intended)
Old 05-22-2020, 7:44 AM
I need a LIFE!!

No. It would trigger a SCOTUS case that they would lose. Then the entire CA house of cards falls.
Old 05-22-2020, 7:46 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

They’ll try it. Even if the US Supreme Court would take the case that would happen long after the law had been effective and people had registered their semi auto rifles in the database.
Old 05-22-2020, 7:52 AM

It's scary! They could impose a semi-auto ban, and, as every other unconstitutional Kommiefornia law that was made, the SCOTUS won't even look at it for years to come.

Sorry milsurp, you said the same thing..didn't mean to plagiarize...

"They’ll try it. Even if the US Supreme Court would take the case that would happen long after the law had been effective and people had registered their semi auto rifles in the database.

Oh yeah....then the earth splits open with me on one side and the (off roster gun) on the other. Then appeared a large red-glowing pit with gavin newscum, diane frankenstein and governor "brown the drain" at the bottom of it, waving their pitchforks at me.
(Non caps intended)

Last edited by Rifle ronin; 05-22-2020 at 7:57 AM..
Old 05-22-2020, 7:58 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

that's a given, isn't it?
Old 05-22-2020, 8:02 AM
Veteran Member

I think there's an assault rifle ban either by features or name working its way through congress right now. Probably DOA to the Senate.

But the article above is about the state taking guns from prohibited persons and funding.
Old 05-22-2020, 8:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabascoz28 View Post
I think there's an assault rifle ban either by features or name working its way through congress right now. Probably DOA to the Senate.

But the article above is about the state taking guns from prohibited persons and funding.
Yes, but it gives the powers that be experience/funding/ equipment for when they do ban all semi-autos and have to conficate the guns that weren't turned in.

(Non caps intended)
Old 05-22-2020, 10:20 AM
CGN Contributor

I think there is an effort to ramp-up & pass gun control legislation before the 9th Circuit gets more Republican nominees, but they also understand that if their legislation is too extreme, appeals to SCOTUS can really screw-up gun control efforts.

Dems are walking a fine line.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:45 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Red face

If it's a stupid & futile gesture, count on YOUR elected overlords trying it!
Old 05-22-2020, 11:13 AM

"These are people who are dangerous to our society."

So felons are dangerous to society? Then why are you letting them out of jail?
Old 05-22-2020, 1:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspec5vz View Post

THIS
Old 05-22-2020, 2:37 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Are these 10,000 criminals...you know, like the ones they just released so they have something to do now?
Old 05-22-2020, 5:35 PM

Default Microstamping

I'm surprised they don't create a roster for SA long guns with a required microstamp function.
Old 05-22-2020, 6:11 PM

If SCOTUS ignores all the 2A cases on their desk now that will give CA the green light to give the semi-auto ban a try. The inevitable lawsuit will wind is way through the courts at the same glacial pace, only to be approved by the 9th circuit and ignored by SCOTUS in 2034. By then a whole new generation will be accustomed to bolt actions being the only "sporting rifles" and anything else being a scary tool used only by criminals, because law-abiding gun owners can't have them. Once the public has been conditioned to think this way they will stop fighting for their rights.
Old 05-22-2020, 6:24 PM

komifornia democrats want a total disarmament of non essential people..No guns for peasants.
Old 05-22-2020, 6:27 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

The link is about prohibited persons. CA has been trying to outlaw firearms for 3 decades now and they have not succeeded. If they ever do succeed it's anybody's guess what the rate of compliance would be.
CRPA Member

....."He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance."

Declaration of Independence, 1776
Old 05-22-2020, 8:18 PM
Calguns Addict

For starters that article is from 2018 so it's not quite current. And it's also about the prohibited persons database which, for the most part, has never dropped below 10K since it was created...I think it went into effect in 2006/07. But it's hard to know the status of that database because the information isn't available to the public. I mean, what could possibly go wrong with a secret government list of who can't buy guns?

But yes, leftists in this state want to ban guns. All of them. Every last one of them. Not just the semi-autos. Everything they do is geared toward that end and the incremental elimination of your 2A rights until ALL guns are outlawed. They are not ramping up. It's been going on for decades and they've never stopped. This is nothing new.

Fighter Pilot
Old 05-22-2020, 8:23 PM

Honestly these clowns will try anything , eventually it'll come to a head one way or another. I just hope me & mine are gone with our tax dollars soon. Side note did anyone notice those damn good guns in the picture that were Guns at Los Angeles's 2016 Gun Buyback event. Los Angeles Police Department

Why are people so stupid ?
Old 05-22-2020, 8:35 PM
I need a LIFE!!

To argue statistics

How many of those 20,000 prohibited people committed violent crimes?

Is this list a priority? If yes- then name over to local LEO

Seems like a low priority group

Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
(thanks to Jeff Cooper)
Old 05-22-2020, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M60A1Rise View Post
Honestly these clowns will try anything , eventually it'll come to a head one way or another. I just hope me & mine are gone with our tax dollars soon. Side note did anyone notice those damn good guns in the picture that were Guns at Los Angeles's 2016 Gun Buyback event. Los Angeles Police Department

Why are people so stupid ?
Hey there’s a rare Benelli M3T (folder) in that pic.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspec5vz View Post

To make room for gun owners. Ca does not care about crime they just care about disarming the general public.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:38 PM

Everyone's next gun purchase needs to be a semi auto just to piss those tyrants off in Sacramento
Old 05-23-2020, 5:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownmotor View Post
Everyone's next gun purchase needs to be a semi auto just to piss those tyrants off in Sacramento
And remember one is none, and two is one. Plus if you're filing out the paperwork, might as well get a few. And bundle of stripped lowers. As soon as they allow my LGS to open
Old 05-23-2020, 6:01 AM

No doubt the relentless effort will continue. A handful of new legislation is coming down next year, including eliminating the fee cap for CCW applications and who knows what else. In other words, they are making us finance them.

I'm just glad I didn't see anything to ban PPT's (even possession for that matter) of off-roster firearms

Get out and vote everyone
Old 05-23-2020, 6:18 AM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

Anybody that hasn't figured out how to have what they need in their possession by this point in time will never learn anyway. And anybody that registers anything has a few loose screws.
Old 05-23-2020, 2:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroDriver View Post
No doubt the relentless effort will continue. A handful of new legislation is coming down next year, including eliminating the fee cap for CCW applications and who knows what else. In other words, they are making us finance them.

I'm just glad I didn't see anything to ban PPT's (even possession for that matter) of off-roster firearms

Get out and vote everyone
Don't have to get out. Just wait for it in the mail. Check your neighbors mailboxes too.
Old 05-24-2020, 12:13 AM
Veteran Member

Simple answer: Yes, expect it “down the road“ in California.

It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Old 05-24-2020, 7:10 AM

No chance it happens within our lifetime
Old 05-24-2020, 7:13 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWL View Post
I think there is an effort to ramp-up & pass gun control legislation before the 9th Circuit gets more Republican nominees, but they also understand that if their legislation is too extreme, appeals to SCOTUS can really screw-up gun control efforts.

Dems are walking a fine line.
The gun control advocates have been given a clear path by SCOTUS that tells them to change the laws very slightly at the very last minute, with the "mooting" principle, as was done recently in New York. It can take many years for bad laws to finally make it to the doorstep of SCOTUS, and if the makeup of the court at that time doesn't suit the liberals, the law is simply altered, and SCOTUS finds it moot. In the meantime, the citizenry suffer the consequences.
Democrats will introduce, pass, and implement ANYTHING their hearts desire, knowing all along that there is no personal consequence for doing so. The sky is the limit.
Old 05-24-2020, 7:16 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipment1259 View Post
No chance it happens within our lifetime
And that's what many thought the night before Donald Trump was elected.
Old 05-24-2020, 7:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splithoof View Post
The gun control advocates have been given a clear path by SCOTUS that tells them to change the laws very slightly at the very last minute, with the "mooting" principle, as was done recently in New York. It can take many years for bad laws to finally make it to the doorstep of SCOTUS, and if the makeup of the court at that time doesn't suit the liberals, the law is simply altered, and SCOTUS finds it moot. In the meantime, the citizenry suffer the consequences.
Democrats will introduce, pass, and implement ANYTHING their hearts desire, knowing all along that there is no personal consequence for doing so. The sky is the limit.
Thank you, this is said perfectly!
To add, and my point, all the registrations, data bases, and eventually funding for leo door knockes (or no knock), IS in place in Kommiefornia to enact a semi- auto ban, and get away with it for years so the damage is irreversible.

(Non caps intended)

Last edited by Rifle ronin; 05-24-2020 at 7:54 AM..
Old 05-24-2020, 8:30 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifle ronin View Post
Thank you, this is said perfectly!
To add, and my point, all the registrations, data bases, and eventually funding for leo door knockes (or no knock), IS in place in Kommiefornia to enact a semi- auto ban, and get away with it for years so the damage is irreversible.
Hence my advocacy for owning weapons "off the grid" or "undocumented" so to speak. They can't take what they can't find, and if they don't know of its existence, they won't know to look. If you own papered weapons, it is imperative that they be in a distinctly separate location from the others. I offer that this is all theoretical of course.
Old 05-24-2020, 8:48 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarchitect View Post
And to all the 'never register anything' crowd I'll say this; I'll bet you all come from places/families where regular interactions with/beatdowns at the hands of/or harassment from Johnny Law was not part of your day to day reality. The 'never register' crowd in my experience, is mostly middle/upper middle class white, or a rural thing.

Because those of us that did grow up under the constant threat of heavy handed or simply random police violence, and as a result have an inherent distrust of Johnny Law and their motivations will never hand Johnny Law a reason to incarcerate or simply murder us like that. We may not like the rules. But we play by those rules because we've experienced the 'arbitrary & capricious nature of 'law' enforcement in America. We've learned better.
If we all played by the rules, we would still be British.
Old 05-24-2020, 8:51 AM
Calguns Addict

I am actually surprised they haven't pushed it. As well as other anti gun stuff they could push through anything they want
Old 05-24-2020, 9:43 AM

They really can push through anything they want because bills are written, voted on and signed into law in Sacramento. It doesn't matter how many gun owners there are in CA because they never get a chance to vote against new gun laws.
Old 05-24-2020, 9:54 AM

If Gavin can deny people from attending their places of worship, you can bet this is on their list.

Last edited by tdp113530; 05-24-2020 at 10:44 AM..
Old 05-24-2020, 1:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featureless View Post
The link is about prohibited persons. CA has been trying to outlaw firearms for 3 decades now and they have not succeeded. If they ever do succeed it's anybody's guess what the rate of compliance would be.
They aren't going for a ban. But they are looking to expand the prohibited persons list as much as they can. Look for misdemeanors to become disqualifying as well as admin crimes like child support.
Old 05-24-2020, 1:21 PM

Quote:

This weeks CG paranoid delusion about something that is 'a' pretty unlikely, 'b' years away were it to happen, 'c' something you can do nothing about anyway, and 'd' most folks on here have plenty on hand anyway.

But sure lets all have a complete melt down about now because we're all bored and frustrated and our 'tin foil hat' crowd here on CG needs someplace to channel their anti-government vitriol today.
Oh really?My whole point is that it IS possible, and the Kommiefornia politicians are all for semi auto bans. Tell me exactly how it is so "tin foil"? Just like the typical liberal dramanators, you overreact on something that was pointed as a realistic possibility. Maybe not that it WILL come to that possibility, only that all the necessities for it to be a reality are "in place".
I believe it is YOU that has the paranoid delusion of it not being a possibility.

(Non caps intended)

Last edited by Rifle ronin; 05-24-2020 at 1:59 PM..
Old 05-24-2020, 1:43 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

But sure lets all have a complete melt down about now because we're all bored and frustrated and our 'tin foil hat' crowd here on CG needs someplace to channel their anti-government vitriol today.
I think you are confused. Its not that some are anti-government, it's the abuses of government's role/over reach that people get tired of.
Old 05-24-2020, 2:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
No. It would trigger a SCOTUS case that they would lose. Then the entire CA house of cards falls.
No it won't and they will. SCOTUS does not care about 2A, they care about corps. The 2A supporters are to GOP as blacks are to Democrats, just cater to them to get extra votes.