Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #881  
Old 01-23-2020, 9:00 PM
zinfull's Avatar
zinfull zinfull is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: sonoma county
Posts: 2,506
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

Just like you. I was hoping for a nice Christmas present.
Reply With Quote
  #882  
Old 01-25-2020, 1:09 AM
Deuce2 Deuce2 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 1
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Can you add off roster handguns to a Sonoma County CCW?
Reply With Quote
  #883  
Old 01-25-2020, 9:34 AM
zinfull's Avatar
zinfull zinfull is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: sonoma county
Posts: 2,506
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

Yes, I have a Sig P320 on my permit.
Reply With Quote
  #884  
Old 01-25-2020, 10:34 AM
Spyder's Avatar
Spyder Spyder is online now
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In a shack, in the woods
Posts: 13,289
iTrader: 110 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinfull View Post
...My approval letter got lost in the mail and a month later they sent an email to see if I still was interested.
That's good to know, that they didn't just round file it and are actually paying attention to the timeline of applicants. Good!
Reply With Quote
  #885  
Old 01-25-2020, 11:00 AM
zinfull's Avatar
zinfull zinfull is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: sonoma county
Posts: 2,506
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

You never know what happens to non delivered mail in Healdsburg.
Reply With Quote
  #886  
Old 01-28-2020, 7:23 AM
707illa 707illa is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 38
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

So I just got info from the SO that applications are taking the whole 90 days to process as they have more that 300 applications in process at the moment. So hunker down and be patient, its going to be a while.
She also said to hold off on training until approval, but was OK with submitting GMC letters and supporting documentation before approval. She also said they don't send snail mail, you will get an email stating your status. Also, you wont see changes to the order tracker until issuance, so that wont tell you where you stand, you just have to wait for that email. She was super kind and willing to answer my questions. My 90 day mark is next week, so hopefully I get word soon....
Reply With Quote
  #887  
Old 01-28-2020, 8:25 AM
P220forever P220forever is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Santa Rosa
Posts: 51
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707illa View Post
So I just got info from the SO that applications are taking the whole 90 days to process as they have more that 300 applications in process at the moment. So hunker down and be patient, its going to be a while.
She also said to hold off on training until approval, but was OK with submitting GMC letters and supporting documentation before approval. She also said they don't send snail mail, you will get an email stating your status. Also, you wont see changes to the order tracker until issuance, so that wont tell you where you stand, you just have to wait for that email. She was super kind and willing to answer my questions. My 90 day mark is next week, so hopefully I get word soon....
Thanks for passing along that info...
So far I have jpeg's of my CDL, NV CCW, UT CCW, and pdf's of utility bills showing my address attached to the application. I will add my three letters of GMC now too.
Looks like end of March for me...

Last edited by P220forever; 01-28-2020 at 8:34 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #888  
Old 01-28-2020, 10:21 AM
ptroxx's Avatar
ptroxx ptroxx is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rohnert Park
Posts: 2,254
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707illa View Post
So I just got info from the SO that applications are taking the whole 90 days to process as they have more that 300 applications in process at the moment. So hunker down and be patient, its going to be a while.
She also said to hold off on training until approval, but was OK with submitting GMC letters and supporting documentation before approval. She also said they don't send snail mail, you will get an email stating your status. Also, you wont see changes to the order tracker until issuance, so that wont tell you where you stand, you just have to wait for that email. She was super kind and willing to answer my questions. My 90 day mark is next week, so hopefully I get word soon....
Who did you talk to? I talked to Alicias assistant and she waS super nice. Very helpful. Even gave some dates I needed.

Holding strong. Lol.
Reply With Quote
  #889  
Old 01-28-2020, 2:44 PM
707illa 707illa is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 38
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptroxx View Post
Who did you talk to? I talked to Alicias assistant and she waS super nice. Very helpful. Even gave some dates I needed.

Holding strong. Lol.
Truth be told, I didnt get a name, but she said she was the one doing the processing. Very nice and informative, whoever she was.
Reply With Quote
  #890  
Old 01-29-2020, 3:21 PM
ptroxx's Avatar
ptroxx ptroxx is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rohnert Park
Posts: 2,254
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707illa View Post
Truth be told, I didnt get a name, but she said she was the one doing the processing. Very nice and informative, whoever she was.
Thatís her I bet. Iím not with my paper work but I wrote her name down. Think it starts with aT. Lol. Very very nice lady.
Reply With Quote
  #891  
Old 01-30-2020, 6:16 PM
@miller @miller is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 38
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default It is a blessed day

Quote:
Originally Posted by P220forever View Post
I just wanted to post the updated counties map.
I never thought I'd live to see the day that Sonoma County turned dark green.

God bless Sheriff Essick, a true friend of 2A.

Will be stumping for Sheriff Essick in '22...
Reply With Quote
  #892  
Old 02-01-2020, 11:46 AM
elx144's Avatar
elx144 elx144 is offline
Resident Collapsitarian
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North California/Bay Area
Posts: 1,209
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

https://americanmilitarynews.com/202...newspaper/amp/

sent mobile
__________________
"Speak truth to power." ~Old Quaker Saying

ďIf you see fraud and do not say fraud, you are a fraud.Ē ~Nassim Taleb

"That is: If you arenít willing to risk yourself, your comfort, your wealth to speak up when it counts, youíre a coward." ~Bill
Reply With Quote
  #893  
Old 02-01-2020, 3:58 PM
zinfull's Avatar
zinfull zinfull is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: sonoma county
Posts: 2,506
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

I wonder if it is just Sutter county or more. What is the reason wanting Sutter Co?
Reply With Quote
  #894  
Old 02-01-2020, 4:50 PM
Insanekayne707 Insanekayne707 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 12
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I submitted 11/27/19 so it should be coming up soon! I haven't submitted GMC letters yet I was waiting for approval.. there must be a flood of applications now we gone dark green!
Reply With Quote
  #895  
Old 02-01-2020, 4:56 PM
707electrician's Avatar
707electrician 707electrician is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Rohnert Park, CA
Posts: 2,705
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Can we really say it's dark green if articulable good cause is still required?
__________________
Brian Kelly

PM me for electrical work
Reply With Quote
  #896  
Old 02-01-2020, 6:41 PM
Insanekayne707 Insanekayne707 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 12
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707electrician View Post
Can we really say it's dark green if articulable good cause is still required?
Look at the map. The guys in charge of updating the colors, have kept track of many applicants who have been approved and relayed they're experience.
Reply With Quote
  #897  
Old 02-01-2020, 9:39 PM
Paladin's Avatar
Paladin Paladin is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SFBA
Posts: 9,612
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707electrician View Post
Can we really say it's dark green if articulable good cause is still required?
If you go through my CCW Advice thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1482924), in post #31 I explain the colors. They're really a spectrum where one color fades into the next. Dark Green has two parts: the dark side where SD = GC and a lighter side where they ask for minimal GC (basically, where you feel vulnerable, like getting cash at an ATM at night, filling up your tank at night). FWIW Dark Red has 3 sides: actual No Issue, Corrupt Issue and Virtual No Issue.

I try to advise folks to use at least minimal GC (and proof of it) in case a sheriff/chief who accepted SD = GC gets replaced, you'll be less likely to get your CCW pulled.

ETA: Hutchens, after our 3-judge win in Peruta in CA9 accepted SD = GC. Everyone celebrated and applied using SD = GC and got issued. Then we lost at CA9 en banc. IIRC, she then started requiring GC and proof of it. Everyone was panicked thinking was taking OC back to red. No, she was just taking it to the light side of Dark Green or Light Green. That's why I say why mess with SD = GC when you have and can prove you have more? Get cash at ATMs late at night and fill up your tank late at night? Use it as GC and use recepeits as proof. Are you an "avid shooter" who's a club member and takes several semiautos and several hundreds of rounds of ammo to the range every month? Prove it and use that too. As I explain in my CCW Advice thread, getting a CA CCW permit has nothing to do with the 2nd A RKBA so don't think that using only SD = GC is somehow supporting the 2nd A.
__________________
Never mistake being delusional for being optimistic.

240+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif

Last edited by Paladin; 02-02-2020 at 7:21 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #898  
Old 02-02-2020, 11:45 AM
NorCalBusa NorCalBusa is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 306
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
If you go through my CCW Advice thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1482924), in post #31 I explain the colors. They're really a spectrum where one color fades into the next. Dark Green has two parts: the dark side where SD = GC and a lighter side where they ask for minimal GC (basically, where you feel vulnerable, like getting cash at an ATM at night, filling up your tank at night). FWIW Dark Red has 3 sides: actual No Issue, Corrupt Issue and Virtual No Issue.

I try to advise folks to use at least minimal GC (and proof of it) in case a sheriff/chief who accepted SD = GC gets replaced, you'll be less likely to get your CCW pulled.

ETA: Hutchens, after our 3-judge win in Peruta in CA9 accepted SD = GC. Everyone celebrated and applied using SD = GC and got issued. Then we lost at CA9 en banc. IIRC, she then started requiring GC and proof of it. Everyone was panicked thinking was taking OC back to red. No, she was just taking it to the light side of Dark Green or Light Green. That's why I say why mess with SD = GC when you have and can prove you have more? Get cash at ATMs late at night and fill up your tank late at night? Use it as GC and use recepeits as proof. Are you an "avid shooter" who's a club member and takes several semiautos and several hundreds of rounds of ammo to the range every month? Prove it and use that too. As I explain in my CCW Advice thread, getting a CA CCW permit has nothing to do with the 2nd A RKBA so don't think that using only SD = GC is somehow supporting the 2nd A.
Can you translate all that without the code please?

GC'd my CCW into the RKBA for an SD tank of High Test?
Reply With Quote
  #899  
Old 02-02-2020, 12:19 PM
Paladin's Avatar
Paladin Paladin is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SFBA
Posts: 9,612
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=900368

FWIW, you'll have to figure out CA and ATM on your own....
__________________
Never mistake being delusional for being optimistic.

240+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif
Reply With Quote
  #900  
Old 02-02-2020, 12:31 PM
zinfull's Avatar
zinfull zinfull is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: sonoma county
Posts: 2,506
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=900368

FWIW, you'll have to figure out CA and ATM on your own....
Sorry but no one can figure out CA,
Reply With Quote
  #901  
Old 02-02-2020, 2:35 PM
Spyder's Avatar
Spyder Spyder is online now
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In a shack, in the woods
Posts: 13,289
iTrader: 110 / 100%
Default

A hint. ATM is not where you get cash at. And you shouldn't look it up on the work computer.
Reply With Quote
  #902  
Old 02-03-2020, 2:36 PM
707illa 707illa is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 38
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanekayne707 View Post
I submitted 11/27/19 so it should be coming up soon! I haven't submitted GMC letters yet I was waiting for approval.. there must be a flood of applications now we gone dark green!
I was on Nov 7th, and she said I would hear by the 90 day mark... so hopefully by Friday I will know!
Reply With Quote
  #903  
Old 02-11-2020, 10:24 AM
707illa 707illa is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 38
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Welp.... no word at the 94 day mark. I am wondering if I take that as denial? I suppose Ill just call them, maybe sometime next week if I don't hear back to check my status...
Reply With Quote
  #904  
Old 02-11-2020, 10:34 AM
Insanekayne707 Insanekayne707 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 12
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Hopefully that's not the case.. I would think you would get an email of some sort if you were denied, or approved.. I'm getting close to the 90 day mark myself.. hopefully they're super busy and overwhelmed with all the applications they've received, and just running behind
Reply With Quote
  #905  
Old 02-11-2020, 10:36 AM
Insanekayne707 Insanekayne707 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 12
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Does yor status bar on the website still say"assigning to processor shortly"?
Reply With Quote
  #906  
Old 02-11-2020, 11:10 AM
707illa 707illa is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 38
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanekayne707 View Post
Does yor status bar on the website still say"assigning to processor shortly"?
Yep, still says "being assigned to processor". Hopefully that just means they are running behind.
Reply With Quote
  #907  
Old 02-11-2020, 11:44 AM
707illa 707illa is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 38
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanekayne707 View Post
Does yor status bar on the website still say"assigning to processor shortly"?
I take that back, It says "Assigned to Processor / Processing Order".
Fingers crossed!
Reply With Quote
  #908  
Old 02-11-2020, 1:02 PM
Insanekayne707 Insanekayne707 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 12
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707illa View Post
I take that back, It says "Assigned to Processor / Processing Order".
Fingers crossed!
Awesome! well your further along the process than me. I submitted on 11/27 I'm hoping I'm get the "assigned to processor" soon!. Keep letting us know how the process is moving forward. I appreciate it
Reply With Quote
  #909  
Old 02-11-2020, 2:20 PM
707illa 707illa is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 38
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanekayne707 View Post
Awesome! well your further along the process than me. I submitted on 11/27 I'm hoping I'm get the "assigned to processor" soon!. Keep letting us know how the process is moving forward. I appreciate it
Ill keep you posted, Ill be watching it like a hawk the next few days
Reply With Quote
  #910  
Old 02-11-2020, 2:32 PM
ptroxx's Avatar
ptroxx ptroxx is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rohnert Park
Posts: 2,254
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707illa View Post
I take that back, It says "Assigned to Processor / Processing Order".
Fingers crossed!
Do you know how long itís been processing order? When the last time you checked it?

Man Iím gonna have a long wait lol. Think Iím in week 4. Lol
Reply With Quote
  #911  
Old 02-11-2020, 5:37 PM
707illa 707illa is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 38
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptroxx View Post
Do you know how long itís been processing order? When the last time you checked it?

Man Iím gonna have a long wait lol. Think Iím in week 4. Lol
It changed to "processing order" in the last day or so.
Yeah, hunker down. Its going to be all of 90 days
Reply With Quote
  #912  
Old 02-11-2020, 6:56 PM
ptroxx's Avatar
ptroxx ptroxx is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rohnert Park
Posts: 2,254
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707illa View Post
It changed to "processing order" in the last day or so.
Yeah, hunker down. Its going to be all of 90 days
Lol hope I. Still in California lol. As fast as people are moving out. Lol
Reply With Quote
  #913  
Old 02-12-2020, 2:58 PM
zinfull's Avatar
zinfull zinfull is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: sonoma county
Posts: 2,506
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

Just received a letter from the Sheriff about request on CCW holders information. The SF Chronicle and PD requested and he gave them permit name, application date, make and cal of weapons, occupation and zip code. Hope that is all they get.
Reply With Quote
  #914  
Old 02-12-2020, 10:38 PM
tomfrey tomfrey is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Santa Rosa
Posts: 432
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

I got one too, I plan to call the Press Dem tomorrow to ask what they plan on doing with that info, saw on the internet that the Chronicle had to up their security due to threats.......
Reply With Quote
  #915  
Old 02-13-2020, 6:20 AM
707illa 707illa is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 38
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfrey View Post
I got one too, I plan to call the Press Dem tomorrow to ask what they plan on doing with that info, saw on the internet that the Chronicle had to up their security due to threats.......
Keep us posted. I doubt they will tell you much, but my guess is its politics. They will try to slant the info one way or another for votes.
Reply With Quote
  #916  
Old 02-13-2020, 9:02 AM
707illa 707illa is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 38
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Just got the text and email for my preliminary approval!!
Going to get my live scan done today.
Still need to set up training as well.
I'm thrilled!!
Reply With Quote
  #917  
Old 02-13-2020, 9:44 AM
707caz 707caz is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Santa rosa
Posts: 31
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinfull View Post
Just received a letter from the Sheriff about request on CCW holders information. The SF Chronicle and PD requested and he gave them permit name, application date, make and cal of weapons, occupation and zip code. Hope that is all they get.

I received a letter as well yesterday. Fairly interested as to what they are planning on using our info for. I realize itís public info but this is malarkey



Quote:
Originally Posted by 707illa View Post
Just got the text and email for my preliminary approval!!
Going to get my live scan done today.
Still need to set up training as well.
I'm thrilled!!

Right on. Very happy for you. Where you doing your training ??
Reply With Quote
  #918  
Old 02-13-2020, 9:45 AM
P220forever P220forever is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Santa Rosa
Posts: 51
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707illa View Post
Just got the text and email for my preliminary approval!!
Going to get my live scan done today.
Still need to set up training as well.
I'm thrilled!!
Congrats!!!
Reply With Quote
  #919  
Old 02-13-2020, 10:58 AM
Spyder's Avatar
Spyder Spyder is online now
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In a shack, in the woods
Posts: 13,289
iTrader: 110 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfrey View Post
I got one too, I plan to call the Press Dem tomorrow to ask what they plan on doing with that info, saw on the internet that the Chronicle had to up their security due to threats.......
I doubt that they "had to". They probably didn't do much, and made a big deal out of it to be sensational.
Reply With Quote
  #920  
Old 02-13-2020, 11:24 AM
NorCalBusa NorCalBusa is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 306
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinfull View Post
Just received a letter from the Sheriff about request on CCW holders information. The SF Chronicle and PD requested and he gave them permit name, application date, make and cal of weapons, occupation and zip code. Hope that is all they get.
"permit name" as in "CCW holder"? Or gave them your name?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:03 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2020, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.
Tactical Pants Tactical Boots Tactical Gear Military Boots 5.11 Tactical