Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim Air rifles and pistols, AirSoft and Mil Sim Discussion

Old 10-17-2019, 10:18 PM

Default Bay Area air gunners? clubs? matches?

Is there any around the area?

I just picked up a couple of air rifles (daisy 753, fwb 601, an Anschutz is coming) to shoot my own "enlarged/adapted" 10m ISSF target at 15 yards and 25 yards "olympic" style. (since none of the outdoor ranges near me have a 10-meters target stand)

This is seriously an underrated discipline. I finally caught flinches inherited from highpower shooting and re-discovered holding, breathing, and trigger pull fundamentals. My $250 Daisy 753 is by far the best, most economical, offhand shooting training tool I have to date. The FWB, shoots like butter, easily shooting half MOAs or less offhand at 15-25. Less than quarter MOA center-to-center when benched/supported. This is actually more precise than my F-class setup ever. When the equipment and condition is near perfect, errors become >90% human.

Also, considering how significantly easy and economical it is to pick up, why is air rifle shooting not more popular? The fundamentals also translate directly to small-bore and high power rifle shooting.

If there are no clubs here in the bay area, I'm now interested in putting together a small club/gathering adopting a simplified ISSF & NRA rules and modifying classifications so anyone with a Daisy and/or Gamo hunting guns can shoot alongside those w/ Walthers and Anschutz in local un-sanctioned matches.

Gathering information now...

Cheers,
Maryo
Old 11-19-2019, 1:22 PM

USI in concord used to have quite a bit of air rifle event's. I know they still have some just not sure when they have them.

"wildhawker
People generally do what they want, not what they can, or should."
Old 11-19-2019, 5:22 PM
Calguns Addict

I should get one so I can practice shooting inside my apartment. The longest unobstructed distance is probably 10 yards or so.
Old 11-19-2019, 5:44 PM

USI Range, concord, has Airgun events put on by the Diablo Rod and Gun Club.

Wednesday mornings, 9am to noon, is airguns only practice at the multi purpose range.

First Sunday of month is Airgun sihloette shoot at 12:30pm at the action pistol range.

Third Sunday is Airgun field target shoot at 8:30am at the action pistol range.

I believe cost is $10 for members and $15 for non members.
Old 11-19-2019, 5:46 PM

https://diablorodandgun.com/activiti...league-indoor/
Old 11-25-2019, 8:55 PM

Coyote Point in San Mateo has airgun matches on some weekends after 10am but is currently closed for renovations until Feb 2020. https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...1275777&page=4

Watch my gun and ammo product reviews Moondog Industries
and gadget reviews Moondog R&D |
NRA CRSO | NRA Life Member |
Coyote Point Rifle & Pistol Club Webmaster |
www.MoondogIndustries.com
Old 02-20-2020, 3:47 PM

USI also has 10 meter shoots the 2nd and 4th Friday of the month now. Check out forums on their link posted in previous response.....click on forums, then airguns. The airguns you have listed will do quite nicely. If you also want to try your hand at 10 meter pistol, there are loaner guns and any of the fellow shooters will gladly let you try theirs.
Old 02-24-2020, 3:03 PM

Totally abandoned this thread thinking that it will get nowhere at all. Thank you for those who replied! I will try to check them out. The USI indoor timing is a bit difficult for me to attend at the moment, but the Sunday mornings events 0are perfect. There's an action pistol range in the Southbay (Metcalf range) as well - if there's not too much hoops to jump I'd really like to start soemthing here as well.
Old 02-24-2020, 3:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiego619 View Post
I should get one so I can practice shooting inside my apartment. The longest unobstructed distance is probably 10 yards or so.
I never thought I would be so gaga over airguns. But once you get the right setup you like, man are they as exciting if not more over centerfire/rimfire.

Check out targettalk.org as well. There is a robust classified for used, tunable, high-quality airguns. I bought 2 vintage olympic air rifles (Walther, Feinwerkbau) from a reputable gentleman by the name Jim Edmonson. Superb ergonomics & ultra light trigger pulls (+/-20 oz and some!)

I bring mine to 100 yards to learn plotting and shooting in the wind, and the practice significantly improved my long-range shooting overall.

Last edited by hillsidehutz; 02-24-2020 at 8:05 PM.. Reason: wrong quote