Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 6:55 PM

Default Harris Agrees With Salon Editor on Police: They ‘Just Harass & Take Up Space . . .

"Harris Agrees With Salon Editor on Police: They ‘Just Harass & Take Up Space In Poor Communities’
Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Kamala Harris (Calif.) acknowledged Salon's editor-at-large D. Watkins was "right" about police officers after he claimed they "they just harass and take up space in poor communities."

Harris's campaign released a 31-minute campaign video on Monday that included Harris speaking with black leaders about the U.S. criminal justice system. Near the beginning of the video, Watkins criticized police officers and their role in poor communities.

"We shouldn't have to acknowledge their trauma because they're paid to be there. We live in these places. Police officers have historically not been held accountable because they protect and serve the rich and then they just harass and take up space in poor communities," Watkins said. "I don't see any type of big shift happening with the one term because it's like a cultural thing."

"Right," Harris said while nodding her head . . . "
https://freebeacon.com/politics/harr...r-communities/

Commenter: "Fine, remove the police officers and let nature take it’s course; after which black “leaders” will complain and protest about how “their communities” are being left to rot and are under served."
Next:
"Everybody knows, poor & minority neighborhoods are SUPPOSED to be crime-infested.
The people who live there LIKE it that way.
The po-po need to get on outta there. Nobody don’t want no po-leece protection no way.

In actual fact, having lived in such neighborhoods, Ive observed the law abiding people there are cowering behind barred doors & windows, forced to BEG for regular police patrols which would tamp down the blatant free-for-all criminal activity.

They’re lucky to get any response even when the bodies lay in the street.
This is because the cops are wary of exactly these type of accusations — that they are a racist, occupying army— by the criminal element and their activist allies.
Cops are continually placed in a damned-if-we-do-or-dont situation."
Old 09-09-2019, 7:18 PM

she really is scum.
Old 09-09-2019, 7:20 PM

I wish LEOs would stand up and quit giving these *******s protection on our dime.
Old 09-10-2019, 8:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den60 View Post
I wish LEOs would stand up and quit giving these *******s protection on our dime.
What?
Old 09-10-2019, 1:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esy View Post
What?
LEOs provide protection at taxpayer expense for politicians. Since people like Harris believe they are the source of society's problems perhaps they should refuse providing their security services for them.
Old 09-10-2019, 2:36 PM

Quote:
LEOs provide protection at taxpayer expense for politicians. Since people like Harris believe they are the source of society's problems perhaps they should refuse providing their security services for them.
You think that’s something LEOs want to do?

Before you say, “they can refuse to take on that assignment....” bull, think about what would happen to you if you refused to do what your supervisors or managers told you to do?
Old 09-10-2019, 2:40 PM

LEO's provide protection to scumbags and saints alike every day. It's literally what we pay them to do.
Old 09-10-2019, 8:53 PM

LEOs are paid to do and deal with what the majority of the population either don’t want to do or are too scared to do.
Old 09-11-2019, 8:59 AM
Calguns Addict

But as a former prosecutor, something she throw's out every chance she get's, and is proud of despite her poor record, wasn't she part of the problem? She's pandering for support, partly because she has been caught in so many missteps about her background and ethnic makeup. Hell even her father called her out on being "African American".
Old 09-11-2019, 9:22 AM

Quote:
You think that’s something LEOs want to do?

Before you say, “they can refuse to take on that assignment....” bull, think about what would happen to you if you refused to do what your supervisors or managers told you to do?
Then their union should step up for them.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:58 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
And do what exactly? You seem to think that LE association's have the same kind of influence and pull as a regular union does, they really don't.

Unless there is some serious violation of policy committed by management there isn't a whole hell of a lot that the association can do. Never mind that it would fall under "other duties as assigned". Refusing an order never turn's out well for the person refusing it.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P5Ret View Post
And do what exactly? You seem to think that LE association's have the same kind of influence and pull as a regular union does, they really don't.

Unless there is some serious violation of policy committed by management there isn't a whole hell of a lot that the association can do. Never mind that it would fall under "other duties as assigned". Refusing an order never turn's out well for the person refusing it.
You're right. They should say nothing, keep doing their jobs and let the politicians in the country continue to create an atmosphere of hate of LEOs which has led to more violent attacks against them. There is, simply, nothing they can do...
Old 09-11-2019, 12:55 PM
Ball Pimp 4 Border Collie
CGN Contributor

Harris was supposedly tough on crime. Now she wants to destroy the "racist criminal justice system"

Amazing.
Old 09-11-2019, 1:06 PM
Veteran Member

Exclamation

Well that helps explain why she was such a mediocre DA. Good God, where are all these Mental Midgets coming from?
Old 09-11-2019, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Time for you to stop deep throating your foot and shut up.
Old 09-11-2019, 2:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
You're right. They should say nothing, keep doing their jobs and let the politicians in the country continue to create an atmosphere of hate of LEOs which has led to more violent attacks against them. There is, simply, nothing they can do...
Stop me if you've heard this before at any point in your life, "you don't have to like it, you just have to do it".

Someone can only push so far, before they find themselves getting all of the crap assignment's, or zero chances of advancing, especially in smaller agencies.

At one time or another I've done outer perimeter security for Clinton, and other dignitary's. Didn't want to, but I did. If I had refused to do it more than likely I would have been fired for one or more of the following, insubordination, dereliction of duty, and the ever popular conduct unbecoming. Once that happens it is usually time to look for a new career, because your chances of being hired somewhere else are somewhere between slim and none.

Pretty brave to sit behind a keyboard and tell other's how they should handle their job duties, without putting a damn thing on the line. No one here will tell you how you should do your job, why is it necessary for you to try to tell those still working how to do their's?
Old 09-11-2019, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Time for you to stop deep throating your foot and shut up.
Look, the union can come out and speak out against attacks on its members. If I ran the union I would publicly say that if my officers were the problem then perhaps Kamala Harris should look into private security for her protection. At least that would get her to shut her mouth on the subject. This POS is running for President for God's sake. Obama was bad enough for LEOs, especially police. If you don't start defending yourself then you are part of the problem.

Sorry for not "shutting up." If you don't like what I say feel free to use the "ignore" function. It's free.
Old 09-11-2019, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P5Ret View Post
Stop me if you've heard this before at any point in your life, "you don't have to like it, you just have to do it".

Someone can only push so far, before they find themselves getting all of the crap assignment's, or zero chances of advancing, especially in smaller agencies.

At one time or another I've done outer perimeter security for Clinton, and other dignitary's. Didn't want to, but I did. If I had refused to do it more than likely I would have been fired for one or more of the following, insubordination, dereliction of duty, and the ever popular conduct unbecoming. Once that happens it is usually time to look for a new career, because your chances of being hired somewhere else are somewhere between slim and none.

Pretty brave to sit behind a keyboard and tell other's how they should handle their job duties, without putting a damn thing on the line. No one here will tell you how you should do your job, why is it necessary for you to try to tell those still working how to do their's?
I don't recall Clinton ever attacking police, not like Obama and now the "new" Dems have done/are doing. I am voicing an opinion, that is allowed on here. I don't require you to agree with it. But you can see the post I posted below yours for a more complete response. But, if you want to sit back and let politicians use you and put you at risk for their own political gain then go ahead on.
Old 09-11-2019, 4:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I don't recall Clinton ever attacking police, not like Obama and now the "new" Dems have done/are doing. I am voicing an opinion, that is allowed on here. I don't require you to agree with it. But you can see the post I posted below yours for a more complete response. But, if you want to sit back and let politicians use you and put you at risk for their own political gain then go ahead on.
So in other words you complete miss the point. It isn't about wanting or liking to do it, you have to do it.

The problem is your opinion has nothing to do with reality, of what happens in LE. Your opinion that there is some "union" that can solve the issue or even take a stand to keep officer's from having to work these assignment's is no where near accurate.
Old 09-11-2019, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Look, the union can come out and speak out against attacks on its members. If I ran the union I would publicly say that if my officers were the problem then perhaps Kamala Harris should look into private security for her protection. At least that would get her to shut her mouth on the subject. This POS is running for President for God's sake. Obama was bad enough for LEOs, especially police. If you don't start defending yourself then you are part of the problem.

Sorry for not "shutting up." If you don't like what I say feel free to use the "ignore" function. It's free.
Are you really this dense?

How many peace officers do you think there are in the entire USA? If, and this is a HUGE if, all officers voted the way you think all officers should vote, how much of an impact do you think that’ll make?

I’ll give you a hint, the number is significantly less than you think. Those unions you seem to think have tons of power have extremely little.

It’s not that I don’t like what you have to say. It’s more like you’re speaking out of your rear end with little to no knowledge of it.
Old 09-11-2019, 5:34 PM

Quote:
Are you really this dense?

How many peace officers do you think there are in the entire USA? If, and this is a HUGE if, all officers voted the way you think all officers should vote, how much of an impact do you think that’ll make?

I’ll give you a hint, the number is significantly less than you think. Those unions you seem to think have tons of power have extremely little.

It’s not that I don’t like what you have to say. It’s more like you’re speaking out of your rear end with little to no knowledge of it.
I'd really prefer to discuss without the insults. That does reflect poorly on you, not me.

Your unions have more power than I do, much more. So you want to do nothing, collect your paycheck and get an early retirement. No problem. That is your choice and many think the same way.

However, police agencies have power and they do flex it at times, usually when contracts come up. It's not unheard of to hear of a "work slowdown" or the "blue flu" when that happens. Why not speak out against those who are, in a practical sense, advocating for violence against LEOs, whether it be local police, sheriffs, ICE or BP? Send it up the pipeline because the crap flows downhill. To do nothing means you consent to it.

I am not an anti-police type of guy, I am very much pro LE. The thing is, when people start to believe that police are viable targets for violence then the rest of us civilians are at risk too.

As for as following orders I submit the following. Laws are orders for police, right?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...force-gun-laws

Each one of those sheriffs put their careers on the line. They are publicly disobeying an order. Sure they are doing so with a basis in The Constitution, but they have put themselves at risk regardless. I would really hope that every single LEO in this country doesn't blindly follow orders. We don't have to look back very far in history to see that that was a rather big problem.

When Obama turned the Memorial for those 6 police officers in Dallas who were ambushed and murdered into one of his "anti-police" speeches I was disgusted. I hope you were as well.
Old 09-11-2019, 6:10 PM

Quote:
I'd really prefer to discuss without the insults. That does reflect poorly on you, not me.

Your unions have more power than I do, much more. So you want to do nothing, collect your paycheck and get an early retirement. No problem. That is your choice and many think the same way.

However, police agencies have power and they do flex it at times, usually when contracts come up. It's not unheard of to hear of a "work slowdown" or the "blue flu" when that happens. Why not speak out against those who are, in a practical sense, advocating for violence against LEOs, whether it be local police, sheriffs, ICE or BP? Send it up the pipeline because the crap flows downhill. To do nothing means you consent to it.

I am not an anti-police type of guy, I am very much pro LE. The thing is, when people start to believe that police are viable targets for violence then the rest of us civilians are at risk too.

As for as following orders I submit the following. Laws are orders for police, right?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...force-gun-laws

Each one of those sheriffs put their careers on the line. They are publicly disobeying an order. Sure they are doing so with a basis in The Constitution, but they have put themselves at risk regardless. I would really hope that every single LEO in this country doesn't blindly follow orders. We don't have to look back very far in history to see that that was a rather big problem.

When Obama turned the Memorial for those 6 police officers in Dallas who were ambushed and murdered into one of his "anti-police" speeches I was disgusted. I hope you were as well.
If you feel asking if you are dense is an insult, grow some thicker skin.

Again, you know very little of what you speak. Stop talking like you do. You’re speaking pure hyperbole.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:17 PM

"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

...and that's all I have to say about that.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:16 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

This thread is done.

Den60, you obviously didn't read the rules for this specialty forum located in the sticky near the top of the forum. These are in addition to the standard Calguns rules. Non leos can ask questions in a civil matter. They cannot come into the leo forum and tell leos what they should do (on any particular subject) in their opinion. The active and retired leos here and I'm one of the latter, do not want to read such stuff. My recommendation is to read the rules, follow them and enjoy the leo forum. The alternative is not being able to not only not post here, but not even see the leo forum. It won't exist for you. I would rather that not occur.

Personal attacks are not permitted. If there is a problem with a non leo poster please report it. If you wish, also send me a pm with the reason and a link to the thread. I will get to it as soon as I am able. Please remember, I'm dealing with some serious medical issues and also am facing a shoulder surgery. I am not on here every day, but when I am, I will respond to any pm I'm sent.

Thank you everyone.
Closed Thread