Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 06-23-2019, 9:49 PM

I got an email shortly after submitting my renewal online. It contained a link to login and an order number needed to login. It came from auto@permitium.com maybe check your junk mail.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2019, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyoracle View Post
I got an email shortly after submitting my renewal online. It contained a link to login and an order number needed to login. It came from auto@permitium.com maybe check your junk mail.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks! That's what I needed. I knew I was missing something somewhere. Figured someone here would know. Appreciate it. Training Certificate Uploaded.
Old 06-24-2019, 8:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawker View Post
Here's a question. (And I'm probably just missing this or not looking in the right place, hence the need for direction). I'm doing my renewal and 12 days ago I filled out my renewal application and provided all documents requested via uploads of .pdf files. The only thing I didn't provide was my renewal training certificate because I didn't have it yet. I took the renewal class today and now have the certificate so I went back on the Sheriff's CCW web site to upload the training certificate. I assumed that, because they wanted my email and to create a password when I initially filled out the renewal application, that there was some place to sign on to the application file and upload the certificate. The only thing I could find is the link to fill out the entire application again. This doesn't seem right as why would they have me make a password if there's no place to sign on again? I don't want to fill out another application and confuse things, unless that how it's supposed to be done. But that doesn't make sense. Has anyone else signed back on to their renewal application to upload additional documents? Can someone provide the link for the sign on for this? I've got an email all drafted to send to the CCW Unit asking the same thing but I don't want to bother them if the answer is obvious and I'm just missing it. Thanks!
First of all I wait until I'm okayd to submit my training certs. That being said, you can send the certs to the email address listed on their county page. The same email address they communicate with you. Just remember to enter your CCW # and ask them to attach the certs to your renewal package.
Old 06-24-2019, 9:30 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

OCSD uses the same provider as Sac Sheriff who provides the following on his website:
Quote:
ACCESSING your submitted CCW Application Order and ADDING FILES/DOCUMENTS:

At the top of the website click on the ORDER TRACKER button [on an iPad or smart phone, or any device with a screen smaller than a standard computer monitor you will click on the MORE button which is often shown with three dots (…)]. Once you access the ORDER TRACKER you will need to type in your Order number and password to access your application and add documents. Scroll to the bottom of your Order and click on ADD FILES (you will need to have saved the document(s) you want to upload to your Order by saving it to your desktop or device so when you ADD FILES you will have a location where the documents are stored to select them from). Select the files or documents you want to upload by clicking on them and then click on ADD FILES. Once this is completed there will be a list of the documents displayed so you can confirm they were successfully uploaded. It is advisable to specifically name each document you save to your desktop so it will be much easier for you to verify which document(s) were uploaded and make it easier for CCW staff to access specific documents by name.

Last edited by Dvrjon; 05-10-2022 at 3:31 PM..
Old 06-24-2019, 11:20 AM

Appreciate the answers folks but icyoracle's response was what I needed. Training cert uploaded last night. BTW Marinerman I don't think you have to be ok'ed on a renewal as you are already ok'ed because you already have an existing permit. I believe it is a case of them un-ok'ing you if there's something amiss and they don't want to renew you for some reason.
Old 06-27-2019, 5:38 PM

I am at 3 months waiting for new permit. Does anyone know if OCSD still performs residence verification in person?

Thanks!
Old 06-27-2019, 6:34 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyLover View Post
I am at 3 months waiting for new permit. Does anyone know if OCSD still performs residence verification in person?

Thanks!
From what I was told by the investigator when I went in (Nov 2018), they don’t do residency checks anymore. They use the docs you submit to establish residency.

iTrader
Old 06-27-2019, 9:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Cal_OC View Post
From what I was told by the investigator when I went in (Nov 2018), they don’t do residency checks anymore. They use the docs you submit to establish residency.
Aye, I got my permit mid-2018 and they did not do a residence check (that I know of).
Old 07-04-2019, 11:50 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Renewed on 5/18. Sitting at 7 weeks. Expired on 6/30. No word other than there's no need to reapply.
Old 07-07-2019, 6:29 AM
Banned

Lots of low posters, you all need to join in the conversations and become an enthusiast and keep up training. My class had dudes carrying their guns in a toolbox and had hard time breaking the pistol down. If your carrying please train and retrain as the skills are perishable
Old 07-08-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Appreciate the answers folks but icyoracle's response was what I needed. Training cert uploaded last night. BTW Marinerman I don't think you have to be ok'ed on a renewal as you are already ok'ed because you already have an existing permit. I believe it is a case of them un-ok'ing you if there's something amiss and they don't want to renew you for some reason.
You're right there, and after thinking about this, I got my firearm training certs and emailed it to OCSD. I hear there's a long wait. My license expires July 17th. Hopefully, they'll contact me before then.

Last edited by Marinerman; 07-08-2019 at 11:22 AM..
Old 07-11-2019, 9:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Does OCSD now allow aftermarket added light/laser combo on handguns? Or light only?

iTrader

Last edited by 9Cal_OC; 07-11-2019 at 10:47 PM.. Reason: More detailed Q
Old 07-11-2019, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Cal_OC View Post
Does OCSD now allow lights/laser combo on handguns? Or light only?
OCSD allows lasers (at least they did on my Crimson Trace laser). Didn't ask about lighting.

.45 ACP. It's like a 9mm, except for grown-ups.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:39 AM

Lighting is a really bad idea on a weapon - you have to point it anything you want to see with the light - and we know we don't want to do that unless we're prepared to shoot it.

There are all kinds of arguments and rebuttals to this, however it's just common sense. You get to CHOOSE what YOU want to do. Freedom is a grand thing.

Firearms lighting manufacturers simply want to sell you their product.
Old 07-14-2019, 9:07 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
Lighting is a really bad idea on a weapon - you have to point it anything you want to see with the light - and we know we don't want to do that unless we're prepared to shoot it.

There are all kinds of arguments and rebuttals to this, however it's just common sense. You get to CHOOSE what YOU want to do. Freedom is a grand thing.

Firearms lighting manufacturers simply want to sell you their product.
Want to know how I know you've never taken a low-light/night-time class?

The rest of your post is fine, since it's your opinion--wrong as it is, even obsolete 1911 fans are entitled to opinions about modern gunfighting doctrine--but the part in red is a verifiable and demonstrable falsehood.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:20 PM

Hey Mariner Man,
Any news yet?
I’m in the same boat as you. Reapplied just about the same time and mine expired today too.
Still waiting to be assigned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2019, 10:48 AM

I posted this over in the Concealed Carry Discussion thread, but I'll post it here, too. Keep in mind that this timespan includes the 4th of July holiday period, where they may have taken an extra long weekend...

Recently, my OCSD CCW renewal took the detailed amount of time shown below. Everything (all necessary paperwork, including training doc) was all submitted at one time online in May...
  • 2 months, 2 days
  • 9 weeks
  • 63 days
  • 1,512 hours
  • 90,720 minutes
  • 5,443,200 seconds
  • 17.26% of 2019

Old 07-18-2019, 11:39 AM

Hi All CCW GURUS!

Can I please get an answer to this question?
Also, please forgive me if this question has already been answered; I have looked and searched through many of the comments here, but I have not found a definitive yes or no answer that has been posted.

My CCW expired yesterday. I began the renewal process well over a month ago and as I have read, it is taking a minimum of two months for the CCW’s to be renewed. Being that I am in the system, and this is a renewal, and I have already filed all of my paperwork and just waiting for the processing to complete.

Am I, or am I not, able to legally carry at this point in time?

Thank you for all of the answers I am sure this question generate, And I hope this helps others to be clearer on this issue.

Old 07-18-2019, 11:45 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellerj56 View Post
Hi All CCW GURUS!

Also, please forgive me if this question has already been answered; I have looked and searched through many of the comments here, but I have not found a definitive yes or no answer that has been posted.

My CCW expired yesterday. I began the renewal process well over a month ago and as I have read, it is taking a minimum of two months for the CCW’s to be renewed. Being that I am in the system, and this is a renewal, and I have already filed all of my paperwork and just waiting for the processing to complete.

Thank you for all of the answers I am sure this question generate, And I hope this helps others to be clearer on this issue.

I believe you can’t carry unless it’s valid and unexpired. Call and check with the CCW office.

iTrader
Old 07-18-2019, 1:56 PM

No. An expired permit is EXPIRED. You cannot legally carry concealed without a valid permit.
Patience Padawan.
Old 07-18-2019, 2:13 PM

Quote:
Hi All CCW GURUS!

What part of EXPIRED is not clear?

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain
Old 07-19-2019, 9:09 AM

Quote:

Fairly recently, I submitted my renewal one week before the expiration date.

On said date, I stopped carrying for the two months that it took for the renewal. I was fine with that because: a) I was in Eastern Europe for three weeks & couldn't carry anyway, and b) when I returned, I could freely go out and have a beer with my buddies without blinking an eye about having a weapon.

Now that it's been renewed, my wallet is not quite as thin because my bar/beer expenses have gone down a bit.

Old 07-19-2019, 9:51 AM

2 Days past my expiration date. All paperwork was given to OCSD 1.5 months ago for my CCW renewal. Haven't heard anything. It was a smooth renewal 2 years ago, and I got my license ahead of time. I wonder what the hold up is.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:16 AM

Default Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinerman View Post
2 Days past my expiration date. All paperwork was given to OCSD 1.5 months ago for my CCW renewal. Haven't heard anything. It was a smooth renewal 2 years ago, and I got my license ahead of time. I wonder what the hold up is.

So you just have to stop carrying for the next two weeks (+/- a few days). Chances are you'll survive.

Old 07-19-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag+1 View Post
So you just have to stop carrying for the next two weeks (+/- a few days). Chances are you'll survive.
Hahaha! You think? Well I've survived through 70 years, I like the odds. Peace
Old 07-19-2019, 4:14 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
[...]I have already filed all of my paperwork and just waiting for the processing to complete.

Do you have a valid, current (unexpired) license to carry? No.
Is the renewal issuance process for your license complete? No.
Can you carry prior to the completion of the issuance of your license? No.
Why not? You don’t have a valid, unexpired license.

Quote:
Old 07-19-2019, 5:53 PM

Quote:
I wonder what the hold up is.
The hold up is Don Barnes took office this year.
Old 07-19-2019, 5:56 PM

Thank you all for the excellent and correct answer.
Phoning the CCW renewal number listed for CCW questions went directly to an outgoing message stating to email the department. Their email reply was returned within 2 hours: You are unable to carry until your newly renewed permit is issued.
So that’s that...My wallet may get a little thinner after all.

Old 07-19-2019, 6:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
No. An expired permit is EXPIRED. You cannot legally carry concealed without a valid permit.
Patience Padawan.

Thank You Master!

Old 07-19-2019, 9:17 PM

Quote:
My wallet may get a little thinner after all.
LOL! I hear ya!

Old 07-21-2019, 8:10 AM

Well, this is frustrating. I'm starting to wonder if I'll get my renewal before mine expires (early August). I started the process in early June, sent in everything the day I applied, except for the training certificate, which I got and set in about two weeks later. It's still sitting at "assigning to processor shortly...". If they needed more time then they should be telling people to apply for renewal earlier. As I understand it the system won't even let you apply for renewal earlier than 90 days before expiration.
Old 07-21-2019, 9:34 AM

When I contacted them some months ago to report an interaction with an LEO, the reply came the same day. More recently, a similar report took more than a month to generate a reply. Possibly they are busy. If they are issuing 8000 permits in a year, plus handling renewals— they issued some 7300 permits in 2017, which now need to be reprocessed for renewal— they could be dealing with 50-60 permits on a regular business day.
Old 07-21-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Well, this is frustrating. I'm starting to wonder if I'll get my renewal before mine expires (early August). I started the process in early June, sent in everything the day I applied, except for the training certificate, which I got and set in about two weeks later. It's still sitting at "assigning to processor shortly...". If they needed more time then they should be telling people to apply for renewal earlier. As I understand it the system won't even let you apply for renewal earlier than 90 days before expiration.
The 90 days that OCSD recommends is enough time. You, on the other hand, should have submitted at the beginning of that timeframe, which would’ve been early May.

Old 07-21-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag+1 View Post
The 90 days that OCSD recommends is enough time. You, on the other hand, should have submitted at the beginning of that timeframe, which would’ve been early May.
Oops...I did say August, my mistake it's September. I actually did it 88 days before expiration. Don't know why I was thinking August. OK, feel a little better then I have a month more then I was thinking. Carry on...
Old 07-23-2019, 7:51 AM

You just have to wait. My license expired on July 17th. Eventually they'll get to it.
Old 07-30-2019, 2:08 PM

Hey all,

Just some quick status on my experience. (New CCW license, NOT renewal)

I started beginning of April 2019. Additional documents were requested and submitted 4/26. In between this time, I got the livescan, ccw training, et. I just got approval today 7/30. All in all, I think this took about 90-115 days including some time I spent gathering paperwork. It was somewhat of a delay, but finally got it.

Additionally, the email notification I received now mentions that starting Sept 1. you must get an appointment to pick up the license:

"As of September 1, 2019, the CCW Licensing Unit will be implementing an appointment system for license pick-ups and will no longer allow Licensees to show up to the CCW Unit at 320 N. Flower Street without an appointment. If your license is not picked up by that date, CCW staff will contact you to make an appointment."

I'm obviously going to get mine in person asap, but wanted you all to get a heads up. Thank you for your help calguns.
Old 07-31-2019, 2:37 PM

Quote:
You just have to wait. My license expired on July 17th. Eventually they'll get to it.
Yeah, that's what I don't want to happen if it can be avoided. Murphy's Law says that the time you will need you firearm will most likely be during that "dead time" between when your permit expires and when it is renewed. I know Murphy's right too, he's my lawyer, or at least he must be. I must have him on retainer as his law seems to apply quite often in my life.
Old 07-31-2019, 2:49 PM

Good Day to you all, I currently am in the process for getting my initial ccw permit.

I submitted my application on 07/14/2019.

Got my interview on 07/18/2019 and did the live scan same day.

Submitted my firearms training cert 07/21/2019

Got my live scan results on 07/26/2019 & then I was told it was gonna take 90 days from now by the clerk for a decision.

I’ve been told they over estimate alot. I was wondering what is the realistic timeline for me? I just have a deployment coming up on October and I would love to have it before.

Old 07-31-2019, 6:41 PM

Default Orange County CCW Turn around time

Good Day to you all, I currently am in the process for getting my initial ccw permit.

I submitted my application on 07/14/2019.

Got my interview on 07/18/2019 and did the live scan same day.

Submitted my firearms training cert 07/21/2019

Got my live scan results on 07/26/2019 & then I was told it was gonna take 90 days from now by the clerk for a decision.

I’ve been told they over estimate alot. I was wondering what is the realistic timeline for me? I just have a deployment coming up on October and I would love to have it before.

Old 07-31-2019, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I don't want to happen if it can be avoided. Murphy's Law says that the time you will need you firearm will most likely be during that "dead time" between when your permit expires and when it is renewed. I know Murphy's right too, he's my lawyer, or at least he must be. I must have him on retainer as his law seems to apply quite often in my life.
Murphy carries, too. She won't admit it, but she does. (or is she a he)?