Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3841  
Old 04-02-2019, 9:28 AM
morrcarr67's Avatar
morrcarr67 morrcarr67 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CA
Posts: 10,345
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Just a question for those who have applied with RSO since the Sheriff took over.

Are things moving along faster/better than with the old Sheriff?
__________________
Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post

”Benitez 3:29 Thou shall not limit magazine capacity”
Reply With Quote
  #3842  
Old 04-02-2019, 9:31 AM
bigdawg86's Avatar
bigdawg86 bigdawg86 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,582
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
Just a question for those who have applied with RSO since the Sheriff took over.

Are things moving along faster/better than with the old Sheriff?
I dunno... Just spoke with Atkinson about my renewal and he just said that after April 9th I can do it online, so we'll see how well the system works after the 9th.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3843  
Old 04-02-2019, 12:18 PM
comandante costello comandante costello is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 615
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Just got the email, permit is ready to pick up! Initial interview February 7th, Live Scan Feb. 21st, then had to Live Scan again March 4th. Qualified March 16th.

Last edited by comandante costello; 04-02-2019 at 12:49 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3844  
Old 04-02-2019, 1:29 PM
WoLus WoLus is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 66
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baker90 View Post
With all this craziness over the judge ruling it’s unconstitutional for us to have a 10 round magazine cap, has anyone asked the deputies about carrying a “high capacity” mag with the guns on our permits? I am still hesitant on even ordering anything yet but if it does end up being legit, I plan on adding a glock 19 to my permit and wanna run a regular magazine if I can.
I would wait to see if it gets over ruled or not.
Reply With Quote
  #3845  
Old 04-02-2019, 2:10 PM
vinny_land's Avatar
vinny_land vinny_land is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nomad - Bakersfield & Palm Desert
Posts: 2,865
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Received another call from the RCSO for my appointment, told me to hang on until April 8 when they roll out the online part to schedule appointment and payment.
__________________
"1911 mag, twinkie, twinkie, cupcake, primary weapon mag"


shuttlecock
Reply With Quote
  #3846  
Old 04-02-2019, 3:37 PM
XeReX XeReX is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: palm springs
Posts: 57
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by comandante costello View Post
Just got the email, permit is ready to pick up! Initial interview February 7th, Live Scan Feb. 21st, then had to Live Scan again March 4th. Qualified March 16th.
Congrats!
Reply With Quote
  #3847  
Old 04-02-2019, 5:02 PM
WoLus WoLus is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 66
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeReX View Post
Congrats!
Congrats.

Seems like it is going pretty quick.
Reply With Quote
  #3848  
Old 04-02-2019, 5:50 PM
comandante costello comandante costello is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 615
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Thanks guys hope my fellow March 16th qualifiers get their email soon too
Reply With Quote
  #3849  
Old 04-02-2019, 6:18 PM
omalley72 omalley72 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 520
iTrader: 42 / 100%
Default

Congrats! I completed BCTC on Mar 2nd and still waiting. Nice to hear others are moving along
Reply With Quote
  #3850  
Old 04-02-2019, 6:41 PM
MURRIETA45's Avatar
MURRIETA45 MURRIETA45 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 504
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omalley72 View Post
Congrats! I completed BCTC on Mar 2nd and still waiting. Nice to hear others are moving along
I too qual'd on March 2nd at BCTC. I received my p/u email a week later. I had gone the pre-approval route (for those that don't already know).

Mark


.
Reply With Quote
  #3851  
Old 04-02-2019, 7:00 PM
WoLus WoLus is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 66
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Lol it feels Ike it takes forever.
Reply With Quote
  #3852  
Old 04-02-2019, 7:45 PM
tbone666 tbone666 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 183
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Default

Qualified on March 16th. Received pickup call today. Was told they are trying to get those that already qualified through as quickly as possible before they start the move to BCTC next Monday the 8th. Stay ready my friends...if they call or email they are gonna need you to pickup your card by Friday.
Reply With Quote
  #3853  
Old 04-02-2019, 8:04 PM
WoLus WoLus is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 66
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone666 View Post
Qualified on March 16th. Received pickup call today. Was told they are trying to get those that already qualified through as quickly as possible before they start the move to BCTC next Monday the 8th. Stay ready my friends...if they call or email they are gonna need you to pickup your card by Friday.
Hopefully that happens with me I qualified on March 30th lol.
Reply With Quote
  #3854  
Old 04-02-2019, 8:13 PM
tbone666 tbone666 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 183
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Default

Don’t hold your breath unless you look good in blue...lol. They have been averaging 14 days till pickup lately.
Reply With Quote
  #3855  
Old 04-02-2019, 9:27 PM
WoLus WoLus is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 66
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone666 View Post
Don’t hold your breath unless you look good in blue...lol. They have been averaging 14 days till pickup lately.
Lol yah I bet.
Reply With Quote
  #3856  
Old 04-02-2019, 10:43 PM
Mp5marley's Avatar
Mp5marley Mp5marley is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Inland empire x OC
Posts: 966
iTrader: 40 / 100%
Default

Any info on standard capacity magazines for
Carry
In riverside?
Reply With Quote
  #3857  
Old 04-03-2019, 7:43 AM
Bigtls1's Avatar
Bigtls1 Bigtls1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lake Elsinore
Posts: 552
iTrader: 33 / 100%
Default

Has anybody been successful in using "personal protection and defense of family" as their GC statement?
Reply With Quote
  #3858  
Old 04-03-2019, 10:32 AM
omalley72 omalley72 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 520
iTrader: 42 / 100%
Default

Received an email this morning letting me know my permit was ready for pick up!
Reply With Quote
  #3859  
Old 04-04-2019, 1:40 AM
WoLus WoLus is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 66
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omalley72 View Post
Received an email this morning letting me know my permit was ready for pick up!
Congrats
Reply With Quote
  #3860  
Old 04-04-2019, 1:37 PM
WoLus WoLus is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 66
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp5marley View Post
Any info on standard capacity magazines for
Carry
In riverside?
Read this, it may help.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2019...agazine-ruling
Reply With Quote
  #3861  
Old 04-08-2019, 10:21 AM
IEgunguy IEgunguy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Murrieta
Posts: 21
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEgunguy View Post
I was in the March 16th class at Ben Clark also. I still haven't heard anything.
My timeline-
12/2/2018- Called to schedule interview
12/5/2018- Received call back and email with interview date
2/11/2019- Interview
2/13/2019- Live Scan in Temecula
3/16/2019- Ben Clark qualification
Now waiting on call or email to receive permit
I finally got the call! Heading to Ben Clark later today to pick up my permit.
Reply With Quote
  #3862  
Old 04-08-2019, 10:29 AM
hdpro4u hdpro4u is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 39
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoLus View Post


Brownells opened up their online sales to CA, I talked to their customer support about placing an order and getting it delivered before the Friday deadline, their comment to me was that the judge ruled any persons or businesses that had bought in the time frame in good faith of the law are exempt from enforcement. Although if one commits to buying and after the deadline receives their order, what predicament do they now become a part of?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3863  
Old 04-08-2019, 10:51 AM
WoLus WoLus is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 66
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpro4u View Post
Brownells opened up their online sales to CA, I talked to their customer support about placing an order and getting it delivered before the Friday deadline, their comment to me was that the judge ruled any persons or businesses that had bought in the time frame in good faith of the law are exempt from enforcement. Although if one commits to buying and after the deadline receives their order, what predicament do they now become a part of?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everything is very iffy, they find reasons in California to make things into a crime. I would be careful with any purchases like these.
Reply With Quote
  #3864  
Old 04-08-2019, 10:52 AM
WoLus WoLus is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 66
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEgunguy View Post
I finally got the call! Heading to Ben Clark later today to pick up my permit.
Congrats.

From the sounds of it the average call back is 3 weeks for permits.
Reply With Quote
  #3865  
Old 04-08-2019, 10:54 AM
hdpro4u hdpro4u is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 39
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoLus View Post
Everything is very iffy, they find reasons in California to make things into a crime. I would be careful with any purchases like these.




Found this. This determination from the judge was meant to protect those purchases between March 29 and April 5th.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3866  
Old 04-08-2019, 10:57 AM
WoLus WoLus is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 66
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpro4u View Post


Found this. This determination from the judge was meant to protect those purchases between March 29 and April 5th.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hm. I would just hold them not use yet, it you use be discreet while at range. Lol
Reply With Quote
  #3867  
Old 04-08-2019, 11:01 AM
hdpro4u hdpro4u is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 39
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoLus View Post
Hm. I would just hold them not use yet, it you use be discreet while at range. Lol


I still don’t think you can use them. By putting a 30 round ar15 mag in a “fixed magazine” rifle, you are an assault weapon.
But featureless rifles I think are good to go.

One of the clauses of fixed magazine/Assault weapon definition is having a feeding device able to accept more than 10 rounds.
The litigation was merely the right to own these items.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3868  
Old 04-08-2019, 11:11 AM
WoLus WoLus is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 66
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpro4u View Post
I still don’t think you can use them. By putting a 30 round ar15 mag in a “fixed magazine” rifle, you are an assault weapon.
But featureless rifles I think are good to go.

One of the clauses of fixed magazine/Assault weapon definition is having a feeding device able to accept more than 10 rounds.
The litigation was merely the right to own these items.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah. That makes sense.

Just can’t believe we had this win in California and it turned around everywhere I went was out of everything they had so I was bummed.
Reply With Quote
  #3869  
Old 04-08-2019, 11:12 AM
hdpro4u hdpro4u is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 39
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoLus View Post
Ah. That makes sense.



Just can’t believe we had this win in California and it turned around everywhere I went was out of everything they had so I was bummed.


Those that ordered pistol mags or bought locally can use em now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3870  
Old 04-08-2019, 11:29 AM
WoLus WoLus is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 66
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpro4u View Post
Those that ordered pistol mags or bought locally can use em now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s good
Reply With Quote
  #3871  
Old 04-08-2019, 11:57 AM
urduja's Avatar
urduja urduja is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 87
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Timeline:

Jan 24th - Requested for interview (via email)
Was given interview date of April 4th
March 9-10 Qualifications with FTA
April 4th Interview 8am
Was able to get Live Scan appointment same day noon at Temecula PD
As of today (Mon, April 8th) I saw that my Live Scan has been completed
Waiting for permit p/u notification
Reply With Quote
  #3872  
Old 04-08-2019, 11:58 AM
shadowjumper shadowjumper is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Just a quick question for anybody who may know, does anybody know how to get a hold of the CCW unit.? The website still has Yezzo’s contact. And I do not know how to get a hold of Mr. Atkinson. Can someone please help thank you
Reply With Quote
  #3873  
Old 04-08-2019, 12:07 PM
WoLus WoLus is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 66
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowjumper View Post
Just a quick question for anybody who may know, does anybody know how to get a hold of the CCW unit.? The website still has Yezzo’s contact. And I do not know how to get a hold of Mr. Atkinson. Can someone please help thank you
CCW@riversidesheriff.org

Email them, and someone should get back to you by tomorrow in morning. I never get any responses on mondays with my guy.
Reply With Quote
  #3874  
Old 04-08-2019, 12:22 PM
shadowjumper shadowjumper is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Thank you . I had questions about the online sign up for renewal. I can’t seem to find it ...
Reply With Quote
  #3875  
Old 04-08-2019, 12:31 PM
shadowjumper shadowjumper is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Has anyone gone through the new online renewal process yet?
Reply With Quote
  #3876  
Old 04-08-2019, 12:33 PM
WoLus WoLus is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 66
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowjumper View Post
Thank you . I had questions about the online sign up for renewal. I can’t seem to find it ...
If you go on the site click firearms at top of screen, then a link on top top will say ccw then on the side panel on the right click Sheriff’s ccw instructions than scroll down it has a process for renewal.
Reply With Quote
  #3877  
Old 04-08-2019, 1:28 PM
vinny_land's Avatar
vinny_land vinny_land is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nomad - Bakersfield & Palm Desert
Posts: 2,865
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowjumper View Post
Has anyone gone through the new online renewal process yet?
Haven't done renewal but looking to do initial. Was told to April 8 for online process but still working out the bugs. Instructed to check this Friday April 12.
__________________
"1911 mag, twinkie, twinkie, cupcake, primary weapon mag"


shuttlecock
Reply With Quote
  #3878  
Old 04-08-2019, 2:07 PM
ToOTHroTT's Avatar
ToOTHroTT ToOTHroTT is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Riverside, California
Posts: 442
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Me and buddy that were in the March 16th class just got the call our CCWs were ready for pick up
__________________
Keep Smiling!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #3879  
Old 04-08-2019, 2:44 PM
WoLus WoLus is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 66
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToOTHroTT View Post
Me and buddy that were in the March 16th class just got the call our CCWs were ready for pick up
Nice!! Good to know they are getting them out.
Reply With Quote
  #3880  
Old 04-12-2019, 6:52 AM
mikef mikef is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Inland Empire, Ca.
Posts: 185
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowjumper View Post
Thank you . I had questions about the online sign up for renewal. I can’t seem to find it ...
It’s not up and running yet. They are working out the bugs. Any day now.
__________________
I wont ever say "CLIP" again... It is a magazine.....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:21 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.