Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Permit/License To Carry Training Classes & Experiences
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Permit/License To Carry Training Classes & Experiences Discuss Concealed Carry Permit/License classes here.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:53 AM

I see this thread has not been updated in a while and I want to share my experience with Wes and LFI institute.

I had my 3rd CCW renewal this past weekend 3/10/19. I had never taken an LFI class before. The class was held out at Sac Valley Shooting Center.

Long story short, Wes is awesome. He is down to earth, laid back (except for firearms safety. RIGHTFULLY SO) and made everyone feel comfortable while cracking jokes here and there.

We ran through all of our shooting quals (Im Sac county) decently quick. He gave each student attention and feedback when needed. During a cease fire we BS'd and he played with my walther ppq and let me play with his p10c, shared his grip techniques (after watching him literally shoot a fly off of my target at 10 yards with a shield I was ALL EARS).

After some other students and I were done and other students had more guns to qual with, there was some friendly competition on steel targets with other students on the far side of the shooting bay. It was a blast.

Wes shared some techniques on reloading, grip, stance, topping off, and lightly touched on bio mechanics of the body and why you should or should not do certain things. Which IMO is above and beyond the "typical" ccw class. You DEFINITELY get your moneys worth from this class.

Anyone who lives in the Placer, El Dorado, or Sac area NEEDS to take a class with Wes. I will be signing up for his Handgun 2 & 3 class in the next few months. He has a wealth of knowledge from training with many different "big wigs" in the industry from self defense minded shooters to competition shooters.

LFI and Wes are excellent. NOW GO SIGN UP FOR HIS CLASS'S!
Old 03-13-2019, 11:12 AM
Veteran Member

His fly shooting is good.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokerB View Post
His fly shooting is good.
LOL, it is the best.