Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 01-09-2019, 7:23 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abinsinia View Post
Well, she was in a wheel chair, and not one of those wheel chairs you wheel on your own, it was one someone has to push you in.

She was able to stand up, and move from one seat to another. I'm guessing that's all she able to do at the moment. The reduced lung capacity must really be hitting her.
And/or chemo....
Old 01-10-2019, 11:44 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
This week marked the first time Ruth Bader Ginsburg has missed oral arguments since the associate justice joined the Supreme Court in 1993.

The 85-year-old, who is recovering from recent cancer surgery, has repeatedly said in the past that she would retire from the nation's highest court only when she can no longer "do the job full steam."

<snip>

But Ginsburg’s recent absence has stirred speculation on whether she was considering retiring, given her previous comments on the topic.

<snip>

“As long as I can do the job full steam, and that, at my age, is not predictable,” Ginsburg told the New York Times in 2013.

Three years later she told NPR that she would “retire when it's time. And when is it time? When I can't do the job full steam.”

As recently as last year she repeated that she would remain on the court as long as she can be fully engaged.

“As long as I can do the job full steam, I will be here,”
she said during an event at the Adas Israel Congregation in Washington.

“I said I will do this job as long as I can do it full steam,” she said last month at the premiere of a movie about her early career.

But Ginsburg’s absence from the court and participation from home is also not unprecedented. The late Chief Justice William Rehnquist also worked from home and even authored several opinions while undergoing cancer treatment from 2004-05.
More at:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rut...urt-retirement

You will note that in Leftist news sources (aka the MSM), they're all talking about Rehnquist and what he did, but are not talking about what RBG said about herself. They want us to forget about her own promises, which may be triggered any day now.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member

Trump White House urging allies to prepare for possible RBG departure...
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...arture-1096102
Old 01-10-2019, 11:59 AM
Veteran Member

That article feels like a piece meant to sensationalize. It talks about a *possible* departure. I wouldn't read too much into it at this point.
Old 01-10-2019, 1:41 PM
code Monkey
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
You will note that in Leftist news sources (aka the MSM), they're all talking about Rehnquist and what he did, but are not talking about what RBG said about herself. They want us to forget about her own promises, which may be triggered any day now.
Her promises are irrelevant. She's an activist judge who hates Trump. She won't step down voluntarily, even if she's only running at "quarter steam".
Old 01-10-2019, 2:43 PM
Administrator

A Twitter rumor: RBG to resign Friday, Jan 11.

https://twitter.com/JacobAWohl/statu...94842838073344

Caution:
Quote:
Jacob Wohl (born December 12, 1997)[1] is an American former hedge fund and real estate investment manager, online blogger, conspiracy theorist, and a former columnist for the website The Gateway Pundit. Wohl drew national attention in 2018 after news outlets reported his involvement in a failed plot to discredit Robert Mueller, the US Special Counsel investigating Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, by framing him for sexual misconduct. Wohl is barred for life from futures trading due to defrauding investors in 2016.

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Last edited by Librarian; 01-10-2019 at 2:45 PM..
Old 01-10-2019, 2:59 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post

https://twitter.com/JacobAWohl/statu...94842838073344

Caution:
Quote:
Jacob Wohl (born December 12, 1997)[1] is an American former hedge fund and real estate investment manager, online blogger, conspiracy theorist, and a former columnist for the website The Gateway Pundit. Wohl drew national attention in 2018 after news outlets reported his involvement in a failed plot to discredit Robert Mueller, the US Special Counsel investigating Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, by framing him for sexual misconduct. Wohl is barred for life from futures trading due to defrauding investors in 2016.
Sounds like a stand up guy, what's the problem?
Old 01-10-2019, 2:59 PM

If she leaves during the gov shutdown, a fight for the confirmation would be further exasperated by the gov funding vs wall showdown. This could be one hell of a cluster.
Old 01-10-2019, 3:05 PM
Veteran Member

It could be a distraction away from the shutdown. That guy seems to like to distract people.
Old 01-10-2019, 8:01 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
It could be a distraction away from the shutdown. That guy seems to like to distract people.
I think the timing would be PERFECT! The Dems screwing Trump over the Wall will remove any sentiment to compromise on who he picks as her replacement and will remove any congeniality McConnell and Graham might have had post Kavanaugh to "play nice" with Feinstein, Schumer and the rest of the Senate Dems.

Last edited by retired; 01-13-2019 at 5:07 PM.. Reason: word filter
Old 01-10-2019, 8:06 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
I assume they end their day, at the latest, at 5:00 pm EST. If so, we should know, at the latest, at 2:00 pm PST.

Less than 17 hours to go....

ETA: We may know as early as 6:30 am, like when Roberts said she had called in sick and would be working from home.

9 1/2 hours to go?

Last edited by Paladin; 01-10-2019 at 8:08 PM..
Old 01-10-2019, 8:47 PM
code Monkey

I really don't see retirement in the cards for someone who has been this vocally anti-Trump. Don't get your hopes up.
Old 01-10-2019, 9:22 PM

Quote:
I think the timing would be PERFECT! The Dems ----ing Trump over the Wall will remove any sentiment to compromise on who he picks as her replacement and will remove any congeniality McConnell and Graham might have had post Kavanaugh to "play nice" with Feinstein, Schumer and the rest of the Senate Dems.
What if it’s the opposite? What if the D’s are using this and the shutdown/wall as a negotiation point?

“Okay, RBG is retiring. We will give you the wall funding but ONLY if you (Trump and The Senate) approve OUR SCOTUS pick.”
Old 01-10-2019, 9:39 PM
Veteran Member

This feels too good to be true. I don't think it'll happen. I hope it does though.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:59 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbauer View Post
What if it’s the opposite? What if the D’s are using this and the shutdown/wall as a negotiation point?

“Okay, RBG is retiring. We will give you the wall funding but ONLY if you (Trump and The Senate) approve OUR SCOTUS pick.”
I was thinking this also. There was a recent shift in the rhetoric on the wall, the Democratic message has changed to "we support fencing" or something like that. It's possible they realize RBG is on the way out .. I personally wouldn't trade wall funding for a weak SCOTUS pick .. I mean 5.7 billion for a lifetime SCOTUS pick isn't a good trade to me.
Old 01-11-2019, 1:17 AM
code Monkey

Quote:
I mean 5.7 billion for a lifetime SCOTUS pick isn't a good trade to me.
Especially if birthright citizenship comes before the court
Old 01-11-2019, 8:44 AM

Quote:
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg will miss next week’s oral arguments, but her recovery from surgery remains “on track,” the Supreme Court said in a statement Friday.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rut...statement-says
Old 01-11-2019, 9:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Well, there we are.We wait a bit longer than

Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

- Marcus Aurelius
Ann Althouse: “Begin with the hypothesis that what they did is what they wanted to do. If they postured that they wanted to do something else, regard that as a con. Work from there. The world will make much more sense.”

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 01-11-2019, 9:18 AM
Veteran Member

I'm sorry, but the way things are right now, I seriously could see her being bed-ridden, hidden away from the public and some deep state dem writing her legal opinions for her. After all, how would something like that be inauthenticated. It couldnt.
If Hell ever needed a operations manual all it would need is a copy of California's laws
Old 01-11-2019, 9:29 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Meh that’s what they said after she broke her ribs.

There’s no proof she’s going to retire anytime soon but what’s actually happening no one knows.
Old 01-11-2019, 9:40 AM
Uhaul Enthusiast

She's headed back to the courts: https://www.npr.org/2019/01/11/68450...supreme-court?

Quote:
Ginsburg fans can rest a bit easier with the news. Doctors say that her odds of long-term survival are in the neighborhood of 80 percent
Old 01-11-2019, 10:03 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrChuch View Post
Still no pathology report.

She’s 85 and frail. All sorts of things can to happen to someone in that state. If she was 75 I’d say okay, maybe she will stick around for a while, but at 85 it’s a totally different ballgame.

They *said* she will be back, but they also lied about her broken ribs, and trotted her out to the citizenship ceremony pretending everything was fine.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:46 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrChuch View Post
What doctors? What are their specialties? Are they her doctors? Do they know the final pathology results for those 2 "nodules"? If so, what type/s of cancer were they? The Court hasn't told the public yet.

Even if she doesn't have anymore CA that they know about and isn't on chemo, she's still broken 3 ribs and now has lost 10 - 20% of her lung capacity. At her age, when she can barely get out of a chair, and probably can't walk up a single flight of stairs (big time joint mobility issues), she's a walking house of cards (that may not even be able to walk....)
Old 01-11-2019, 11:12 PM
Veteran Member

I would still like to see the pathology reports as well. The fact that they haven't released them is highly suspicious.

My general perception is that the cancer was not in advance stages, but liberals are delusional if they think this will be business as usual. Anyone with half a brain can see she's very frail and doesn't have much longer to live. She can barely get out of her wheel chair or get on and off stage without help. The notion that in 6 weeks she will be back to her normal workout routine is ludicrous. Not to mention the left must be high if they think that her workout is a valid way to measure overall health. Will that be 9 months or 3.5 years? No one knows.

There's a lot of talk about RBG's cancer, but no one is discussing the stent she had put in her coronary artery just a few years ago. Decreased lung function is linked to an increase in heart disease. She could have a heart attack or stroke any day.

The media also isn't discussing the stress general anesthesia puts on elderly patients. General anesthesia can have all types of long term cognitive effects on older people. No one outside of the inner circle knows what kind of condition her brain is in after her lobectomy.

Not to mention pneumonia or the flu could kill her as well. She's susceptible to opportunistic pathogens and any true pathogen could be too much for her body to fight off.

Another doctor's take on this issue.:
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...kely-very-ill/

Last edited by wireless; 01-11-2019 at 11:30 PM..
Old 01-12-2019, 1:32 AM
code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireless View Post
no one is discussing the stent she had put in her coronary artery just a few years ago. Decreased lung function is linked to an increase in heart disease. She could have a heart attack or stroke any day.
Different kind of heart disease. The stent addresses blocked arteries and provides a structural means of opening blood flow. Reduced lung capacity correlates to arrhythmias... so yes, she's at elevated risk of heart attack immediately, but not really stroke yet. Stroke risk takes months to years to develop, so unless she's already suffering from an atrial arrhythmia prior, we shouldn't see any elevated stroke concerns

But cardiac arrest..... significant concern. Low enough O2 levels in the blood cause cardiac muscle to "twitch" (ectopic beats). It's why if someone stops breathing long enough, they go into cardiac arrest. The muscle fibres start firing randomly (instead of being driven by the sinoatrial and atrioventricular nodes) and it's incredibly difficult to get them to stop (often requires defibrillators), especially when the oxygen deprivation is a chronic, prolonged issue
Old 01-12-2019, 5:04 AM
Veteran Member

Rough time line of events surrounding RBG so far,

Nov. 7 , fell in her office and broke three ribs
Nov. 8, goes to the hospital for treatment for ribs
Nov. 9, returned home from hospital, statement from SCOTUS "She is doing well and plans to work from home today"

Dec. 14, Spoke at naturalization ceremony
Dec. 16, “[My health] is fine [and] my ribs are almost repaired,” she told an audience at an event in New York City

Dec. 21, goes in for pulmonary lobectomy in New York, "After the surgery, which had been scheduled in advance, there was 'no evidence of any remaining disease,' "
Dec. 25, discharged from the hospital

Jan. 7-9, misses oral arguments
Jan. 9, TMZ video on her leaving Washington D.C. residence
Jan. 11, statement release saying "...no evidence of remaining disease..." and she will miss oral arguments Jan. 14-16.

It's very hard to say that she did not know she had cancer on Dec. 16 . I would assume they need to schedule surgery in advance. For normal people it's at least two weeks in advance, for her it might be one week. She was also in New York Dec. 16 , I'm sure that included doctor visits to setup the surgery which was also in New York.

I would assume she's not going to leave her residence during recovery. However, she is seen leaving her residence on Jan. 9 .. You would assume she's goes to the doctor for a check up, however, doctor's will make house calls for people like her. So the question is where is she going ? wireless posted an article where Dr. Gorka was quoted as saying "Multiple sources tonight tell me this woman is not even in DC, but in New York and preparing to step down from the Supreme Court."

So if she's leaving her residence she got to be going someplace really important, like back to the hospital.

Last edited by abinsinia; 01-12-2019 at 5:25 AM..
Old 01-12-2019, 5:10 AM

She will never retire with Trump is in office, she has stated as much.

In this life you either push or get shoved.

Better to die on your feet then live on your knees.

For evil to succeed, all it takes is for good men to do nothing.
Old 01-12-2019, 6:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike415stone View Post
She will never retire with Trump is in office, she has stated as much.
Yep. Dems would hook her up to life support even if brain dead, to try and get to 2020
Old 01-12-2019, 6:44 AM

Was watching TV last night, and saw a movie trailer come on about rbg. Looks like a movie is called on the basis of sex. Now I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, but kinda feels like the libs are pushing a movie about her to make it a positive light, just too incur more resistance to Trump if and when it comes to picking another justice. Just my opinion.
Old 01-12-2019, 9:05 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Rough time line of events surrounding RBG so far,

Nov. 7 , fell in her office and broke three ribs
Nov. 8, goes to the hospital for treatment for ribs
Nov. 9, returned home from hospital, statement from SCOTUS "She is doing well and plans to work from home today"

Dec. 14, Spoke at naturalization ceremony
Dec. 16, “[My health] is fine [and] my ribs are almost repaired,” she told an audience at an event in New York City

<snip>

It's very hard to say that she did not know she had cancer on Dec. 16 . I would assume they need to schedule surgery in advance. For normal people it's at least two weeks in advance, for her it might be one week. She was also in New York Dec. 16 , I'm sure that included doctor visits to setup the surgery which was also in New York.
What you forget is that the press was reporting that her docs learned of her 2 abnormal growths because of the scans done for her broken ribs, presumably on Nov 7/8. I doubt they'd routinely do lung/rib scans post discharge just to see how they're healing. They'd just go by patient's self reported pain/ease of breathing/etc.

EXCELLENT work/timeline BTW.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:06 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
What you forget is that the press was reporting that her docs learned of her 2 abnormal growths because of the scans done for her broken ribs, presumably on Nov 7/8. I doubt they'd routinely do lung/rib scans post discharge just to see how they're healing. They'd just go by patient's self reported pain/ease of breathing/etc.

EXCELLENT work/timeline BTW.
Yeah, I would think they took x-rays on Nov. 8 and saw two weird spots in her lungs. I'm sure they told her she had something which could be cancer in her lungs. Then they must have taken tissue samples, so like needle into her lung tumors to remove some tissue.. The whole time she would have to know what's going on and why they're doing all this. She clearly had to have known that she was not well.

I'm sure she wants to be seen as a strong women with no weakness. That's likely why she not forth coming with her health issues. That's also why we can't take the statements from the court to count for much.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:35 AM
Calguns Addict

Meanwhile it is rumored sources close to her are saying antibiotic resistant Pneumonia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.

What doesn't kill me, better run
Old 01-12-2019, 10:37 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
What doctors?
Probably the same ones they used to say Blasey Ford must be believed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.

What doesn't kill me, better run
Old 01-12-2019, 10:44 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71MUSTY View Post
Meanwhile it is rumored sources close to her are saying antibiotic resistant Pneumonia.
Same sources who said she would retire yesterday?

Sounds too good to be true.
Old 01-12-2019, 1:17 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
There are orals M, Tu, Wed with conferences on Fri of both this week and next week. http://www.scotusblog.com/events/2019-01/

Then they're on break until a conference on Fri, Feb 15. The next orals after their break are on Tue, Feb 19th. http://www.scotusblog.com/events/2019-02/

She had surgery on Dec 21 and was discharged on Christmas Day. My guess is she started chemo late that week, let's say Fri Dec 21, after the still secret final pathology report was issued. That gives her 8 weeks plus a long weekend to recover before orals begin on Feb 19th. To me, if she's not in attendance then will be telling. If she is there, I want to hear how she looks, moves and speaks.
Unless something happens or is announced, we all can have a sandwich and nap until Feb 19th.

Old 01-12-2019, 1:22 PM
code Monkey

Quote:
So if she's leaving her residence she got to be going someplace really important, like back to the hospital.
Great point. I missed that one.
Old 01-12-2019, 1:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenemae View Post
Great point. I missed that one.
Post operative follow ups are pretty normal though. I had a cosmetic procedure and had two follow ups the first week, a third at week 3, and fourth at 3 months.
Old 01-12-2019, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Post operative follow ups are pretty normal though. I had a cosmetic procedure and had two follow ups the first week, a third at week 3, and fourth at 3 months.
She's RBG. The docs make house calls for her.
Old 01-12-2019, 8:13 PM
code Monkey

Quote:
Did it require use of any machinery? I.e, did it require you to get an MRI? Because otherwise, the doc would come to RBG, not the other way around.
Old 01-12-2019, 8:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenemae View Post
Did it require use of any machinery? I.e, did it require you to get an MRI? Because otherwise, the doc would come to RBG, not the other way around.
Exactly my point...anything that requires machinery probably isn't being wheeled into her home.